Start by marking “Those Who Prey” as Want to Read:
Those Who Prey

Jennifer Moffett

Those Who Prey

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
THOSE WHO PREY is a YA thriller about a shy college freshman who is seduced into joining a campus cult, leading her on a deadly mission trip to Italy. Publication is scheduled for fall 2020 (Atheneum, Simon & Schuster).
Hardcover
Expected publication: 2020 by Atheneum Books

To ask other readers questions about Those Who Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Those Who Prey

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Those Who Prey
Shannon Takaoka
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, roaring20sdebut
Set in the 1990s, this YA thriller follows the story of Emily, a shy college freshman whose first year at Boston University ends up being vastly different than the idealized version of university life that she imagined. Paired up with a hard-partying roommate, in a city that’s cold and unwelcoming compared to the small ocean-side town she grew up in, Emily is lonely, and struggling to find her place. Until she meets handsome and charming Josh, also from the South, and he introduces her to his ...more
Jennifer Moffett
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: roaring20s
THOSE WHO PREY (Atheneum, Simon & Schuster) is a YA thriller about a shy college freshman who is seduced into joining a campus cult, leading her on a deadly mission trip to Italy. I can't wait for readers to follow Emily's journey into the secretive depths of a cult and her life-and-death struggle to find a way out.
Liz Lawson
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to read THE REMNANT early, and I am here to tell you all that you NEED to pick up this book, come 2020. THE REMNANT takes place in the mid-90s, and follows Emily, a freshman in college in Boston, who gets tangled up with a cult. (YES -- A CULT!! I told you that you NEED to pick up this book!!) She joins them in a mission to Italy (YES -- ITALY!! A large part of the book takes place in Europe!) which turns deadly (meaning: MURDER!!).

I dont want to say much more - because,
Eva Gibson
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: roaring-20s, ya
This is a book for someone looking for a story beyond the usual fare--something more than a safe, contemporary romance, or emotional coming-of-age. Something different than the latest other world fantasy, or cursed princess saga, or whatnot. This is a book that explores the allure and dangers of group fanaticism in a way I have not often seen outside of nonfiction--in fact, I don't know if I've ever read a YA book that deals with this particular topic in this way.

To say this book spoke to me on
Tanya
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to have been given the opportunity to read an early copy of THE REMNANT by Jennifer Moffett. Having attended Boston University, I was especially intrigued to dive into this YA thriller. The story starts off slowly, but in a way where you are 100 percent sure it's going to speed up at any moment. Kind of like a rollercoaster making it's slow ascent to the top, and then whoosh! All of a sudden you're thrown into a wild ride where you're not sure what's coming next.

It starts off with
Ashley
Sep 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Damn, I am really looking forward to reading this book. It sounds so similar to what I went through with a cult my own freshman year of college (minus crazy deadly Italy mission trip, but the cult I was in did have a beach retreat that ended in tragic deaths both the year before and the year after I went on it...)
Mary

• Everything I Thought I Knew
  • All You Can Ever Know: A Memoir
  • How to Make Friends with the Sea
  • You'd Be Mine
JENNIFER MOFFETT grew up in Arkansas, where she spent her childhood playing in creeks and climbing trees while dreaming up stories about faraway places. A college study abroad program sparked her lifelong passion for travel. After working in children’s television in New York City, she received an MA in Creative Writing and wrote book reviews for regional publications. Her short stories and poems ...more