Start by marking “Mythicals” as Want to Read:

Mythicals

They’re real: fairies, pixies, werewolves, ogres! They’re aliens!

Drunken journalist Jack March can’t believe his bleary eyes when he stumbles onto a winged fairy! She vaults away into the night sky, and his unbelievable—and unbelieved—encounter leads to a stunning revelation that all the creatures of myth and legend are real!

Fairies, pixies, trolls, werewolves, ogres, vamp
Published December 8th 2018 by Glyphus, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Mythicals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mythicals

Sherry Fundin
I started the book with a belly laugh…picturing her struggling to get into her skintight bodysuit. The weirdest part is what king of body suit she’s wearing. I figure I can’t go wrong with a beginning like that and I am more curious than ever.

This is a hard review to write, because I don’t want to risk spoiling all the deliciousness inside. We have every kind of magical creature you can imagine.We have vampires and all the supernatural creatures too. Even angels. And…lets not forget the aliens.

I
Joy Smith
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Damnity-damn-damn..." I love the way the story begins with A'eiio/Deborah squirming her way into her body suit. Much more interesting and fun than beginning with Jack getting drunk. 'Course this ensures that no one will believe him when he attempts to tell the world what he saw later. He's a drunken, jobless reporter. However, his reporter instincts make him investigate the possibility that he did see a fairy. It's not long after that that he finds that more than fairies exist on this planet. T ...more
Krista Jasper
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mythicals

This book started out in such a way that I expected a fun, light read full of Fantasy characters right out of myth and lore. The twist is that the Mythicals are actually aliens from other planets and the myth and lore developed over thousands of years because of sightings. However, it. Didn’t take too long to see the shift to a darker story. In fact, it comes across more allegorical than just Fantasy fiction.

There are numerous twists, turns and surprises throughout the tale. What reson
Valerie -Cats Luv Coffee
Mythicals begins with A'eiio attempting to slide her "flesh-suit" up to hide her graceful fairy body in order to go incognito. I take that back, Mythicals begins specifically with...
Damn! Damn! Damnity-damn! Damnity-damn-damn...Shit!"
I clarify that only because I think that gives great insight into what you are getting inside the pages of Mythicals. Best for lovers of fantasy/SFF, this book has humor, fantastic world-building, interesting characters, AND is impeccably well plotted.

Read more at
Supified
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Author Dennis Meredith is a man with a great deal of background in science, engineering and writing, so naturally the next big thing for him to do is try his hand at paranormal sci-fi writing. His experience with writing in a scientific sense is extremely broad and would no doubt give most authors a run for their money. Such experience can be good or bad, as other authors with similar backgrounds might tend to write too dryly, but not Meredith, his work has a down to earth style that you can rea ...more
Michael Cook
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5

I love a good sci-fi book, that much is well known. But what about a sci-fi book that puts forth the idea that all the mythological creatures from Earth's history (fairies, pixies, werewolves, vampires, etc) are actually alien species exiled to our planet as punishment for crimes made on their own planets? Well, a book like that would be right up my wheelhouse. That's exactly the kind of book that Dennis Meredith's Mythicals is. It's also a very good one, too.

Mythicals is a delightfu
Daydreamer
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mythicals by Dennis Meredith

I got a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 2,5/5 stars
Synopsis:
Jack gets drunk during a party and then sees a pixie flying away. Understandably nobody believes him. And since he is a journalist, he now tries to find out about as much so called mythicals as possible.

My thoughts:
I really liked the idea of this story. It sounded so good, but sadly, I didn’t like the book that much.

The story was sometimes weird, in my opinion not always that logi
Susan Keefe
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real treat for lovers of fantasy and fairy tales.

Lovers of fantasy will be swept away by the story and characters in this amazing new book by Dennis Meredith, an author who has spent a lifetime working in science communication at some of the country's leading research universities and has written many articles on science and engineering. Among his numerous achievements are a B.S. degree in chemistry from the University of Texas, and a M.S. in biochemistry and science writing from the Universit
Charles Ray
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Jack March, an out-of-work, alcoholic journalist attends a diplomatic function, he stumbles into Deborah Bright, who has had an accident that threatens to expose her for what she really is, a fairy wearing a body suit to make her look human. Jack just happens to see her as he removes the suit, exposing her wings before she flies away. He’s not sure he’s not suffering a drink-induced hallucination, but he responds by shouting out what he’s seen to the assembled crowd.

This drunken incident pl
Ron Mac
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~This is a great “What if” story.
~First, I’ll state that I received this book as a gift from the author to read and review.
~What if all the things that go bump in the night, really did live among us…What if all the myths were real…What if.
~I enjoyed this story from start to finish. It was a fast-paced plot and one needed to follow carefully. There were some of the characters who were not exactly what they professed to be. There was loyalty and betrayal. Of course, there was romance!
~This was the
Sarah Berry
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly fantastic sci-do fairytale

They’re real. Fairies, angels, elves, ogres, vampires and werewolves, even Bigfoot! All mythical creature are real, and they have been living among us for a thousand years. But we aren’t on Earth, in fact Earth has been almost completely distorted, but the same threat is now facing this parallel planet.

When a drunk reporter accidentally sees a Fairy one evening, he is recruited to be an Ally, someone who helps protect the Mythicals. But unexpectedly, Jack March b
Sabrina Fox
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Unique, intriguing, spell-binding. These are the first three words that come to mind when I started writing this review. I'd say they pretty much cover my feelings on MYTHICALS. Meredith has such a big imagination and that is what brought this amazing story to life. It's unlike anything I've ever read before and I appreciate the fact that I've gotten the chance to read it.

A thing I really enjoyed was the fact that the cast was so diverse. There's humans, fairies, pixies, trolls, vampires, even B
Jessica Bronder
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack March is a drunken reporter. One night he sees a fairy trying to squeeze into a skin tight flesh suit. Of course he sees a story and tries to tell everyone about it. But no one believes him, he IS a well known alcoholic. But the fairy and other creatures that are hiding in plain sight believe him and are trying to keep their world secret.

The Pilgrims have decided that they like our world but feel that the humans are destroying it. So the best way to preserve the world is to remove the prob
Carleen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Werewolves and picked and fairies, oh my!

If you are in to Sci-Fi and also love mythical creatures/legends, then this is the book for you. What an amazing and shocking discovery that Jack makes! Instead of shaking it off and letting himself think that his imagination was running away with him, he pursues and investigates what he saw. He was in for the surprise of his life! This is a very fast read with easy to understand language. There are many legendary characters with some backstory that we mo
Jay Williams
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started this book on a lark just to see what it had to say about mythical creatures. I was drawn in and stayed engrossed to the very end. The plot has twists and turns and much suspense. The characters, both human and other, were all interesting and presented in great depth. The story itself would have been exciting without the fantasy element, but was even more so as the special characteristics of each type of creature made for different elements of excitement. Not only was the plot full of c ...more
John
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We are visited by other beings and they have thoughts as to what do do with the humans on our planet. Just like in our society there are good and bad individuals. The book has Werewolves, Fairies, Angels and other beings living on our planet. Some have a sinister thought as what to do with the humans on earth. Traveling via wormholes they have been with us for centuries. They have been disguised but now are showing us who they truly are. Jack an unemployed journalist becomes a key part to the st ...more
Joe Crowe
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun. That's what this is.

Fairy-tale creatures are real, but they're aliens bent on wiping out puny humans. Except for some good fairy-tale creatures. Hijinks ensue.

This one goes all-in with a combo package of sci-fi and fantasy, and a surprising amount of emotional eloquence, as author Dennis Meredith goes right for our feelings.

Meredith has created a neat world here that he could probably write 20 more books about. He should get started doing that, right now.

It's good stuff, as Meredith del
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really interesting take on the paranormal. Not a romance or a true adventure, really, but more of an exploration into the culture of the mythicals clothed in a adventure-ish novel. Jack and Sam are a bit wooden at times but overall are well enough crafted and the novel definitely held my interest.
Mik Wasiak
Julie Powers
Troy Jeffers
Stacy
Dec 05, 2018
Dennis Meredith brings to his novels an expertise in science from his career as a science communicator at some of the country's leading research universities, including MIT, Caltech, Cornell, Duke and the University of Wisconsin. He has worked with science journalists at all the nation's major newspapers, magazines, and radio and TV networks and has written well over a thousand news releases and m ...more