Start by marking “Immunity (Contagion, #2)” as Want to Read:
Immunity (Contagion, #2)

Immunity

(Contagion #2)

Survivors of a deadly planetary outbreak take on a new, sinister adversary in the white-knuckle sequel to Contagion, which New York Times bestselling author Amie Kaufman called “gripping, thrilling and terrifying in equal measures.”

They thought their nightmare was over, but Thea, Coen, and Nova’s rescue was only the beginning. After being imprisoned on a ship they thought
Published July 2nd 2019 by Harperteen

To ask other readers questions about Immunity, please sign up.

Tucker
Oct 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
JUNE 2019!?!? ... Who wants to join me in camping out in front of HarperCollins?
Anyone?
Also, the cover is gorgeous!
Stephani Beltran
Can’t wait for this one!!!! The cliffhanger from Contagion omg!!! I need to know what happens !
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
This duology is unputdownable: I devoured this book in essentially one sitting.

Chances are that you've heard me yell about how much I loved Contagion. Considering the first book in this duology was one of my top 5 reads for 2018, I was equal parts nervous and excited because my own expectations sometimes ruin a book for me. But I didn't need to worry. Immunity is an action-packed, smart, and satisfying end to the story.

Immunity raises the stakes and we learn a lot more about the world as our ch
Alexia (Right Writing Words)
Hi! Welcome to my review of Immunity by Erin Bowman!

The spoiler-free review:

I can’t even remember how I came across Contagion (the prequel for Immunity) but I absolutely loved it. It was scary, the stakes were high and the characters could not be trusted.

I couldn’t wait for the next book and then it finally arrived! Seven months of waiting and now it’s over!

We follow Thea, Coen, and Nova as they find themselves onboard the ship they thought rescued them but was really the Radicals capturing them
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

I liked and enjoyed Contagion , but Immunity definitely took the series to the next level! And now, I am going to tell you why I thought that this book really outdid its predecessor, which let's be real, is a rare feat!

•The stakes are higher than ever, which is actually saying a lot! I mean, the plot of book 1 is space zombie virus, so. It's safe to say that upping the ante was going
Morgan
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: most-anticipated
This duology needs more hype!! Erin Bowman deserves more recognition because her books are amazing but are hardly talked about. I already know this sequel will be great!
Amber (The Book Bratz)
The full review + more can be found at The Book Bratz

After the ending of Contagion I was screaming for the next book because: THAT ENDING! There were so many unanswered questions, things that happened and so many "what the hell" moments that it was almost painful to wait for Immunity. But I can tell you that that wait was worth it. Immunity was everything I hoped for it to be and more and was a perfect ending to an amazing series.

Thea, Coen and Nova thought their nightmare was over, having been
Katherine Paschal
**4.5 Stars**
Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

I feel like Immunity was an entirely different kind of book than Contagion was. Contagion was this high stress, fast paced situation over just a few days where survival was not a given. Immunity took place over months, with slow development of characters and motivations, making it a more internal book for me. Keep in mind that I love both kinds of stories, I was just a little thrown off when Immunity began because it felt s
Carina Olsen
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sequel ended up being everything I wanted it to be and more. I could not be more happy about this book. It makes my heart happy. I had the best time re-reading Contagion before I started Immunity, and I'm so glad I did so. Reading these two books right after each other was the best thing. Though I already feel like putting my thoughts into words will not be easy. Because I loved this book with all my heart. And it feels impossible to write down that love. I can do it, though. You need to kn ...more
Kait Armada
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, own, sci-fi, 4-star, ya
I was given a copy of this book to provide an honest review.

Well, I wasn’t expecting that….

*blink, blink*

I’m going to warn all the fans of Contagion, this is not the same book. Immunity is a creature of its own with less of the spooky dead people walking around vibe and more action/adventure, we need to save the world vibe. That doesn’t mean the book was poorly done. It’s just not what I was expecting after that killer first book.

*pun intended…*

Yes, I went in thinking it would be spooky. I went
Kaitlin Jones
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
If you want to check out my full review with a dream cast, book playlist, and a GIVEAWAY check out my blog post.

I read Contagion last year and picked up despite the fact that it was completely out of my reading comfort zone. I am so glad that I did because it became one of my favorite reads because of how unique and fresh it felt - it genuinely felt like a breath of fresh air in the overpopulated YA genre where themes and basic concepts tend to get repeated.

That being said I had high hopes and
Arden Belrose
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(I voluntarily requested this book and, thanks to HarperTeen and The Fantastic Flying Book Club, I received a free e-copy in exchange for my honest review. This does not affect my opinions on the book.)

Well, that was annoying. When I found the blog tour sign-up for the sequel toContagion by Erin Bowman I immediately shared it to Kaleena on Reader Voracious, knowing how much she loved it, and signed myself up, too. I was elated when we both got in but I never anticipated this happening. ‘This’ b
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Readers will be happy to learn that Erin Bowman's Immunity picks up right where we left things at the end of Contagion! I binge read this duology, which, let me tell you, was the best idea ever, and it was so much easier to flow through the story that way! While Contagion had its edge of mystery, Immunity is rife with suspense!

Coen and Thea are now prisoners of Lieu
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Contagion ★★★★★
#2 Immunity ★★★★☆

They were monsters together now, forever altered by the contagion they'd encountered on Achlys.

If you've been around a while, you might remember my sudden and vocal obsession with the first book in this duology last year. I love sci-fi/horror crossover tales, and Contagion immediately cemented itself as one of my favorites. Between the characters, the plot, Erin's quick and fun writing, and the legitimately awful nature of the infection — coupled with a cliffha
Stephanie
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion forth with.

The contagion is contained. For now. But what happens when it falls into the wrong hands?

Welcome to Immunity. In this book we get to learn a lot of about the contagion from the view point of hosts who are compatible with it. It was definitely interesting to learn about the contagion from that perspective and there were quite a few developments to the sickness that I
Kat
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this series, I had a REALLY hard time getting into it. There were many short-lived perspectives that seemed to make the plot a bit of a confusing mess.

But, I pushed through hoping the plot would pick up.

And about 75 pages in, I was so HOOKED! I can't tell you how bad I wanted to just sit and power through the rest of the book.

If you loved the movie I Am Legend (featuring Will Smith) or The Martian (with Matt Damon), you will absolutely DEVOUR this horror, scifi novel.

My favo
Naomi Wilson
I'm going to assume you read Contagion already. If not you should, it's terrifying and amazing. Also, it really helps to read the first book in a duology. Here's a super quick recap if you didn't. Thea's on a team that goes on a mission to a mining planet, once there all hell breaks lose. There is an unknown, deadly contagion loose on the planet that spreads through bodily fluids, and turns people into zombies. Everyone on the mining planet is already zombies except for one teenage boy, Coen. Te ...more
badgerreads
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This second novel in Erin Bowman’s Contagion duology steps away from the horror and thriller aspects of its predecessor, while honing in on it’s own wonderful Science Fiction in the BEST way. While other readers were dismayed by this, I was THRILLED. Bowman tackles Sci-Fi even better when it is the driving element of the story, or a cornerstone—the contagion is alive and well, friends, and it does much of the heavy lifting here. In fact, the story hinges on preventing the contagion from spreadin ...more
Avni Gupta
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This Review is also posted on my blog, Avni Reads.*

I loved Contagion last year so when the wonderful folks at Wunderkind PR and Harper Teen emailed me about sending me an early finished copy for review, I jumped on the opportunity. I finished Immunity in less than two days (work always gets in the way of reading books) and OMG it was amazing

Immunity 5/5 Stars

While Immunity continues the story in Contagion, it goes about it in a very different way from Contagion. While Contagion was more of a th
Lelia Taylor
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Following the events of Contagion, our favorite survivors would be right to expect things will get better but, alas, they’ve fallen into the hands of the bad guys who want to perform experiments on them and, ultimately, make use of their acquired abilities. Worse yet, interplanetary war is clearly on the near horizon and four teens may be the only ones who can prevent it. That’s a very heavy burden to bear.

Almost anything else I could say would border on spoilers so I’ll leave it at this: Immuni
Aylin
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall, I really enjoyed this book even though it was a different genre from the first book. But because the characters evolved and had to face another really dire situation that was no problem for me. I also love the way it is written that there are no chapters but parts and then each character only 'tells' their story for a few pages at a time and then the narrator switches. That helpes with the pacing a lot I think.
What I had a problem with though was the (view spoiler)
USOM
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

TW: physical abuse, medical experimentation, PTSD

Immunity weaves a wonderful tapestry of threads that Bowman has been developing since Contagion all come together. It's a book that crosses borderlines, asking us what we are possible of if we dare to do things we never dreamed we could? It's when we have power in our blood and fear in the air.

The stakes are high in Immunity not on
Ciara
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: waiting_arg
Aahhhskdjrjeirijgnfndjeieidi whoa whOa wHoA WHOA S H O O K
this book almost brought me to tears which is very rare for me (to b fair it was 1am and I get more hyped after midnight) also for the first time in years I was able to sit and read for more than an hour at a time wow I binge read this it was unbelievable
I’m SHAKING THIS BOOK WAS SO AMAZINGLY HEART-WRENCHINGLY AWESOME
I gotta say most duologies feel incomplete or unnecessary or imbalanced, but this was so perfect, even better than Contagio
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Thank you so much to Wunderkind PR for providing me with a copy of Immunity in exchange for an honest review.

***PLEASE NOTE: As this review is for book 2 in the series, there will be spoilers for the first book, Contagion in this review!***

If you’ve read Contagion, you know that we were left on a cliffhanger so big you could see it from, well, space. Waiting for book two hasn’t been easy, so when I was given an E-ARC for Immunity, I was one very happy bookworm!

Immunity begins right where Contagi
Maile
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I have waited a literal year for this to come out and now that I have read it, I am NOT disappointed. I'm sad for the fact that this series is over, but man was that a great read.

I am bummed that this wasn't as dark as the first read, but it definitely had way more action, which I am all about. This book is basically a darker version of Star Wars and I loved it! The romance was a big part of the story ((view spoiler)
Molly
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A completely satisfying sequel and wrap up to this story. I am overwhelmed with emotion and content at how Erin Bowman created a rich and complex world and plot without succumbing to typical YA tropes and plot points, as well as characters who show growth, complexity and a level of realness often lacking in books. I am wholly satisfied. I could cry with happiness. I never want to read anything else because (as mentioned in my Contagion review) it filled a void that I had in a way that left me fe ...more
Anti
3 stars

Not a bad ending. Happy, as I like it.

This book left behind the horror part to have a bigger focus in science fiction, action and the development of relationships that began in the first book.

And I liked the change.

I’m not a big horror fan; I can get hooked by a horror story if it is good enough to make me want to know what happens next, but I don’t really like it.

I’m too much of a coward.

If you want a story with horror, space-dangerous-virus-outbreaks, experimentation, deaths and a to
Ally Renell
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this duology overall, and this was a good sequel, except for the ending. For the most part everything that happened in the end made sense, but it was so rushed! Everything wrapped up nice and neat in about 7 pages, it was almost disorientating. In general though, this is a great pair of Sci-Fi books with great characters and an exciting plot. I still have a few questions, but I wonder if that is on purpose for a possibility of a third book or perhaps companion book in the same univ ...more
Anna
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, library
Just as with Contagion, I absolutely loved Immunity. It's just as tense, but with a different kind of horror element. The characters are real and their relationships with each other are complicated but feel authentic.
Even though I hate it when people compare a work to another, the first book reminded me of The Thing, while this one reminded me of Illuminae. Sadly, it does not have a murder AI, but even so it was captivating and I only put it down because I needed to sleep.
An
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookshelf, giveaways
Immunity is the second and final installment in the Contagion series. While I had not previously read Contagion, it was fairly easy to pick up on the storyline and understand the characters, their histories, and their motivations. Erin Bowman writes with an ease that makes her stories very enjoyable to read. Many thanks to Goodreads and HarperTeen for sending me a copy of the book.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of Immunity through Goodreads' Giveaways.

• Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Ember Days
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • Thornlight
  • Skyhunter
  • Malice
  • Midnight Beauties (Grim Lovelies, #2)
  • The Nemesis (Diabolic, #3)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
  • Soul of Stars (Heart of Iron, #2)
  • Incendiary
  • An Anatomy of Beasts (Faloiv, #2)
  • The Midnight Lie
Erin Bowman is the Edgar Award-nominated author of numerous books for teens, including the Taken Trilogy, Vengeance Road, Retribution Rails, and the Contagion duology. A web designer turned author, Erin has always been invested in telling stories—both visually and with words. When not writing, she can often be found hiking, commenting on good typography, and obsessing over all things Harry Potter. ...more

Contagion (2 books)
  • Contagion (Contagion, #1)