Start by marking “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier” as Want to Read:
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier

112 Fantastic Favorites for Everyday Eating

The #1 New York Times bestselling author and Food Network favorite The Pioneer Woman cooks up exciting new favorites from her life on the ranch in this glorious full-color cookbook that showcases home cooking at its most delicious (and most fun!).

Welcome to Ree’s new frontier! So much has happened on Drummond Ranch over/>The
Published October 22nd 2019 by William Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about The Pioneer Woman Cooks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Start your review of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
Amy
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, let me say, that this is a great book - typical Ree - showcasing recipes, with step by step instructions and pictures (that go along to show each step) for producing said recipes, and if you are new to this game or have a lot of people to cook for, then I highly recommend this!

However, as someone who has read pretty much everything she has ever produced, I found some of the recipes to be repeats. Also, most of her recipes are for 6-8 or 8-10 services. There are very few recipe
Karen
Oct 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I am disappointed. My favorite cookbook is the first one, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, followed by The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A year of Holidays. I have bought all five hard copies and I am sad to say this is my last.

The recipes are uninspiring and there are only a handful that I thought might be good, but they seem forgettable. Animal cookies, pop tarts, egg salad a million ways, fried red tomatoes (not in the South, honey), Spiked spa water, seriously?! There are a lot
Kate Guinan
Oct 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really like many of her early recipes and some have become standards for me. But this one has little to offer, I think. This feels like she's grasping to come up with new ideas by throwing things together. and her good ol' cowgirl (homeschooling, football, ranchin' and jeezus) shtick is becoming tiresome. I'm disappointed.
Anke
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got this today, read it in one sitting and now I'm hungry:)
Tena Edlin
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
These cookbooks are always beautiful and entertaining. The recipes, for the most part, didn’t seem to ring my bell as much as the other Pioneer Woman cookbooks, but I still enjoyed reading it.
Sandy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just love Ree. You just want to be her friend and sit down and have a meal with her and her family. There were not any recipes in this book that I would make but I loved reading about them and looking at the pics.
T
3.5 stars because pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Otherwise, I found most recipes to be pretty blasé and uninspired. For a cookbook with over 100 recipes, there were very few I would want to try out and see if they’re good enough for my usual rotation.
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved her first two cookbooks, and this really doesn't stack up that well compared to them. I still lover her conversational tone, and hearing about her family and daily life (which has also changed a lot). But these recipes aren't as homey; they're more modern, but not truly modern - modern-for-Ree, which isn't really the Ree I expect. The drinks chapter was kind of a throwaway; I liked the appetizers and seafood best. Her pictures are still great; and her tone is very warm; but I don't know ...more
Melanie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rainy Day books had Ree Drummond appear for a talk at the Unity Temple located on the Plaza in Kansas City, MO. We paid to attend the event and got a signed copy of this book as we left. As her two daughters have flew the nest to attend college and the dynamics of the ranch are now a man cave the style of cooking is also changing. She tried KETO for a short time and has incorporated some low carb recipes - she said she quit because it was making her hate many of the foods she loved before the di ...more
Sarah Cook
This is the first, and maybe only, time I will ever say that a cookbook has TOO MANY pictures. I did not like the layout of the instructions with one hundred photos, and a lot of the photos were of a 90’s cookbook quality. To be fair, I only picked this up at the library because it was new, not because I love her recipes. I do have a few from her early years that we have adapted and use frequently (the Marlboro man sandwiches became a meal we serve over rice). I wasn’t wowed by anything, but was ...more
Jocelyn DeShon
First off, I must say I'm a huge Pioneer Woman fan! But, sadly, this cook book was not great. I've seen almost all of the recipes on her food network show already, but they are supposed to be new. I found 4 recipes that I would like to try. That's it. Sorry, Ree I still love you! I will say that the pictures and the steps are very clear and helpful. This would be a good cookbook for people who aren't great cooks and need help the whole way. I'm glad I didn't buy this and just checked it out at t ...more
Jessica
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-2019
I've always loved Ree Drummond and her show and recipes, but many of them are so high calorie that you would need to be working cattle all day to eat like that. However, in The New Frontier many of her recipes are healthier, lower-carb, etc. while still including more indulgent recipes as well. And as is her cookbook signature, all the recipes have tons of step-by-step photographs to go along with the instructions. There are definitely a few recipes I'd like to try. Overall, another great cookbook by Th ...more
Andee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Typical Ree...and I mean that in only the best possible way. Beautiful book, beautiful food, beautiful life, beautiful lady and family. I had the pleasure of having my book signed by The Pioneer Woman herself, on the CA leg of her book tour. Ree was even prettier in person, and could not have been any nicer or more gracious if she tried.

I wish her all the success in the world. She’s certainly earned it and deserves every bit it.
Rebecca
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Pictures of recipes? Yes.
Commentary on recipes? Yes.
Nutrition facts? No.
Recipe Style? Midwestern with a lot of Tex-Mex influences.
Any keepers? No.

Not my favorite PW cookbook. This one seems to include a lot more vegetable centered dishes, which makes it seem a bit healthier than some of her others.
Lisa Suit
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I enjoyed this. Some of the recipes are a little outlandish that I wouldn't make, but most of them are the same delicious sort of recipes I expect to get from Ree! Will update when I've actually cooked some of the recipes.
Ladan
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
I almost didn’t buy this book because of some of the reviews. However last night after looking through it in the store, I decided to buy it. I absolutely love it and I cannot put it down. I have not made anything out of it yet, but I will as soon as I can. Meanwhile I am enjoying reading it.
LoriAnn Kruft
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can wait to start cooking from this book
Rebecca
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great cookbook with fun anecdotes and recipes I can’t wait to try.
Ann Marie
There are not as many recipes in this most recent cookbook that I will add into my regular rotation as in previous books but there are a few which I truly enjoyed.
Cindy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love all her books. Not just good recipes but great family things to do and cute stories about her family....
Melanie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great recipes as always. I enjoyed all the stories that go with the recipes. I also like that many recipes have options to prepare them traditionally, with a slow cooker or with an Instant Pot.
Evelyn
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read-books
It’s a beautiful book and there are some recipes in it. Over the years she’s adjusted herself to carb craze, instant pots and lighter foods. I enjoy Ree. There are a few recipes I might try.
Deb
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
The recipes look amazing! I can't wait to try them - especially the Spicy Cowgirl!
Mandy Hakemian claerhout
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid recipes.
Erica Zulauf
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! Cant wait to cook from it!
Becky Hamilton
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Skourik
Not the same

I have every cookbook she has written and enjoy many of the recipes. This one is not my favorite as I do not use a crock pot or an instant book.
Carla
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
The photographs are beautiful and it's nice to have step-by-step pictures.
But, there aren't too many recipes in this book that my family would eat...
Molly Kelley
Nov 10, 2019
Kristi Simmons canny
Jul 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal
  • I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
  • Bobby at Home: Fearless Flavors from My Kitchen: A Cookbook
  • Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love, & Baking Biscuits
  • Rachael Ray 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life: A Cookbook
  • Outlander (Outlander, #1)
  • Own the Day, Own Your Life: Optimised practices for waking, working, learning, eating, training, playing, sleeping and sex
  • Calypso
  • The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)
  • Antoni in the Kitchen
  • Tidelands (The Fairmile #1)
  • A Better Man (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #15)
  • When Life Gives You Pears: The Healing Power of Family, Faith, and Funny People
  • Smitten Kitchen Every Day: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites
  • The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook: The Best Healthy Recipes for Your Air Fryer
  • That's What Frenemies Are For
  • By the Shores of Silver Lake  (Little House, #5)
Ree Drummond began blogging in 2006 and has built an award-winning website, where she shares recipes, showcases her photography, and documents her hilarious transition from city life to ranch wife. She is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Ree lives on a working cattle ranch near Pawhuska, Oklahoma, with her husband, Ladd; their four kids; their belov ...more