Start by marking “Love Lie Repeat” as Want to Read:
Love Lie Repeat

Love Lie Repeat

Three girls, loyal to each other - that never happens. All the groups of three implode eventually. Two in, one out. Change. Betrayal. Again. And again.

But not us. I make sure of it. I make Ash and Ruby see that our power is in our three-ness. We can do what no other trio can.

Together, we’re strong.

Thick, thin, boys, mothers, divorce, other girls, secrets, lies, all of it.
Published March 5th 2019 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Love Lie Repeat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lie Repeat

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
I’ve recently discovered an appreciation for the work of Margaret Atwood, so when Love Lie Repeat landed on my review desk, I was heavily intrigued by a book that has been inspired by the poetry of this modern literary icon. Catherine Greer imagines the voice of “Siren Song”, an Atwood poem from 1974 in her new novel. Greer works to tell the story behind the poem, with particular focus on the narrator, within the context of modern day Sydney and the north sh
Libby Armstrong
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a solid five stars from me. I’ve not been this excited about an upcoming ya debut in such a long time. The compulsive teen read of my dreams. Why do I love this so much? I think the way Greer has articulated the behaviours of the pretty, talented, competitive, manipulative and mean girls of upper north shore Sydney resonates, I’m delighted we have 16 year old characters with not a leaving year in sight, and she’s created a plot that throws plenty of curve balls. There’s a lot going on in ...more
Tara Ray
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a delicious morsel of a book. You won't want to put it down. Catherine Greer has a gift for creating interesting characters and building suspense. Beyond that, the writing is lovely and masterful. The characters are complex and multi-faceted, and will keep you wondering until the end. Who can you trust? I love books like this that seduce you into another world-- a world of raw beauty and whispered secrets, new loves and hidden fears. Catherine Greer, when can I read the sequel?
Luke Poier
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Greer's debut novel is modern fiction at its finest. This teenage thriller is fast-paced, grabbing and is just dying to be made into a movie. Despite being pitched at young adults, the book would honestly find a home in any avid reader's lap. No sensible person could deny that Catherine Greer is a master of plot development, precise character work, and a true veteran of the English language. She hopefully has many novels yet to write, but even now her prose is without a doubt worthy of ...more
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thankyou to Penguin Random House Australia for providing me with a copy of Love Lie Repeat in exchange for an honest review.

Annie, Ash and Ruby are the very best of friends.  Three sirens who do everything together and will be 'friends forever'.  Annie is determined to make it that way, no matter what she has to do and how many secrets she needs to keep.

Ok, so first of all, I know that everyone is always screaming for pure hearted, strong friendships in books, and it's a wonderful thing, but I o
Lou
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, proof-copy
I feel bad eating this so low but this books just really wasn’t for me. By no means is it a bad book, I just didn’t connect with it. I didn’t like the characters and I wasn’t connecting with the story.

It’s short and it’s easy to read. There were definitely some really nicely written passages. However, it felt like I was just waiting for something to happen and realistically a lot did happen, but it felt like nothing really did.
Jodie- Readthewriteact
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me by the publisher for my honest review.

I ate this book up in a day. For me it was completely captivating. I simply could not put this book down. Talk about a page turner! The Sirens are intense girls wrapped up in beautiful packaging. The story completely had me hooked. This was exactly the book I needed to read today. Loved it!
Sonja Sonoros
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really like the fact that this book is set in Sydney. I can relate to and imagine the places they go to. I also really love the characters and I kind of like love-hated Annie but then I really felt sorry for her, too. My opinion 100% changed on her and I was sort of shocked by the book. I learned a lot of new words like heterochromia and stuff.
Definitely a book for someone in or near high school. My mum liked it but didn't quite grip her because she is old, like 45 or something. She was right
Lisa Pendergast
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got the book from a friend whose mum gave her an early reader copy (!!). I was super surprised by the ending. I liked how creepy the whole Margaretta thing was! Seriously, chills. I couldn’t figure it out for a long time. Frankly I am tired of "vampire school girls" and at least this was realistic and felt like Greer was in my school watching.
Jase Cordova
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
“It’s not your job to rescue us so that we keep on loving you.” ooft I felt that in my soul.
I was lucky enough to receive an arc of this book from Penguin. It took me a little bit to get into it, but maybe that’s because I started reading it when My mind was elsewhere. Once I was able to dedicate my whole brain to it I ate it up.
I didn’t think I’d have anything in common with a bunch of teenagers who live in Sydney mansions that have servants entries, who are thin and gorgeous. But as it turns
Soph
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This book is AWESOME!

Smart and powerful girls written incredibly well. Need I say more? No, but I will---I have so much praise for this book! I really could not put Love Lie Repeat down once I started!

Catherine Greer absolutely NAILED the voice of the upper-class-entitled (but also impossible to hate) Sydney girl. As someone from these circles in Sydney, I really felt like I knew Annie, Ruby and Ash myself.

The most interesting part of this novel for me was the first person narration from Annie.
Chapter Ichi
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, Lie, Repeat was a compelling, intriguing and powerful read. It didn't take me long to read, as I was captivated by the plot. From the beginning, I questioned and felt empathy for the narrator, 16 year old Annie. She considers the bond with her friends to be unbreakable and insists that she has the power to keep her friends together no matter what they go through. The girls experience love, feelings of abandonment from family members, struggles with mental health and finding out who they tr ...more
Danielle
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took a bit to get going, but once it did, oh boy was I in for a treat.

Annie Sharpe is a 16-year-old girl who lives on the North Shore of Sydney, where all the mums are gorgeous and fighting against ageing, and the dads have moved out of home to take up with their much younger assistants and their new children.

Annie has two best friends, Ruby and Ashlin, and they call themselves the Sirens. They sing beautifully, and they lead everyone to their doom.

When Ashlin's step-brother Trip moves
Jess Crane
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
High school is an experience to which most people can relate to. It’s a complicated and messy time in a teenagers life, with a lot of feelings to unpack.

For Ash, Annie and Ruby (‘the Sirens’), best friends from inner North Shore Sydney navigating through high school means dealing with love, heartbreak, parental divorce, abandonment, mental health and sexual identity issues, just to name a few.

Ruby has vanity insanity and is overcoming heartbreak from her ex Will, Annie holds secrets of her dad
Beth Graybind
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this thriller and OMG, I could not put it down! I pretty much read it in a day. Started last night and read until my eyes bleed. Slept in and started again. I absolutely love Annie. I know my friend had a love-hate on Annie, but I totally got all the crap Annie had to put up with. That tattoo scene made me steam! I would have smacked Trip as hard as if I were her!

If you haven't started to read this book - do it now but make sure you have enough time - you will want to re
Chloë (thecosyreader)
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dave Perry
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not really a fan of straight lit, but a friend said I would love the characters (especially Ash who reminded her of my sister). I have to say it was a great read and I did probably get a bit of a crush on Trip, though he was a b@stard - not how I usually like my boyfriends!
Anyway, great characters and really fast paced. I see this is Greer's debut novel so I hope she write more like this. This will be a great bday gift for my straight g-friends. Loved it!!!
Emily Post-it-Note
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It gave me that unusual, greedy feeling where I just couldn't put it down. I related with the Annie and her friends, Ash and Ruby - they remind me of my friends. I liked how the novel explores the highs and lows of their relationship. My favourite line in the novel is 'behind every untrusting girl is a boy who made her that way'. I relate to this line and I think any girl over 15 would agree; there is always that one boy who builds you up only to tear you down - it ...more
Liz Ledden
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this new YA read - a gripping thriller set in the world of upper north shore private school teens. Behind the glossy facades lies secrets (and lies!). It cleverly weaves in an incident from the past that unravels as the main plot progresses. The voice is compelling, the characters unsettling. Really well done!
Jackie Cook
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars
Maria Korte
Mar 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Snobby. VERY snobby characters that I couldn’t relate to as members of my own species.
Ashley
Jan 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately this was not for me.
Angela Brown
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this book. I started to read it and then had to put it down because of work and classes. Finally this past weekend, I locked my self in my room and started it again to read cover to cover. Because I re-read it I suddenly saw the layers and hidden things I missed my my first read. The writing is beautiful and I wrote down so many quotes that I know have a yellow stickie border on my bedroom mirror. I really recommend it as a book that you can re-read (like I did!) and get more o ...more
Luther Poier
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say. Loved this book and pretty much read it in one sitting - had to eat left overs because I could not put it down. What a great book. Riveting and laser focussed on the dysfunction that is slight not he surface and cuts deeply. Have to say that I even cried a few times. Worth every second you take to read it.
Jacqui
Kate Gordon
Mar 12, 2019
Tien
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as just-nope
Ok. So. The book is marketed as a psychological thriller; YA in the style of Liane Moriarty.

I'm NOT a fan of either... something about 'domestic noir' that repulse me. But, I gave it a go anyway. Read 62 pages on the train this morning. Thought that I'd like to give up and before the final decision, peeked at the ending. Yep, I would NOT be able to read this book without getting very very upset.

My thanks to the publisher for this unsolicited copy and I'm sure it's a terrific read for fans of ge
Claire Catacouzinos
Mar 10, 2019
Hello, I'm Catherine Greer. I lived in Canada for the first half of my life, and grew up in the country in Saskatchewan as the youngest of six siblings. I went to a private co-ed boarding school, earned a BA Honours and a Master’s degree in English literature, worked as a technical writer, then taught English at a private high school on Vancouver Island.

Then I met a handsome naval officer, married