Start by marking “Love Lie Repeat” as Want to Read:
Love Lie Repeat

Love Lie Repeat

Three girls, loyal to each other - that never happens. All the groups of three implode eventually. Two in, one out. Change. Betrayal. Again. And again.

But not us. I make sure of it. I make Ash and Ruby see that our power is in our three-ness. We can do what no other trio can.

Together, we’re strong.

Thick, thin, boys, mothers, divorce, other girls, secrets, lies, all of it.
Published March 5th 2019 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Love Lie Repeat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lie Repeat

Start your review of Love Lie Repeat
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
I’ve recently discovered an appreciation for the work of Margaret Atwood, so when Love Lie Repeat landed on my review desk, I was heavily intrigued by a book that has been inspired by the poetry of this modern literary icon. Catherine Greer imagines the voice of “Siren Song”, an Atwood poem from 1974 in her new novel. Greer works to tell the story behind the poem, with particular focus on the narrator, within the context of modern day Sydney and the north sh
Libby Armstrong
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a solid five stars from me. I’ve not been this excited about an upcoming ya debut in such a long time. The compulsive teen read of my dreams. Why do I love this so much? I think the way Greer has articulated the behaviours of the pretty, talented, competitive, manipulative and mean girls of upper north shore Sydney resonates, I’m delighted we have 16 year old characters with not a leaving year in sight, and she’s created a plot that throws plenty of curve balls. There’s a lot going on in ...more
Tara Ray
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a delicious morsel of a book. You won't want to put it down. Catherine Greer has a gift for creating interesting characters and building suspense. Beyond that, the writing is lovely and masterful. The characters are complex and multi-faceted, and will keep you wondering until the end. Who can you trust? I love books like this that seduce you into another world-- a world of raw beauty and whispered secrets, new loves and hidden fears. Catherine Greer, when can I read the sequel?
~Madison
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
The most addicting read ever. I couldn’t put it down.
Oh and revenge stories are my absolute favourites so I just knew I would like this book
Weaving Fiction ( Sj )

What I was meh about
-the plot lacked originality
Luke Poier
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Greer's debut novel is modern fiction at its finest. This teenage thriller is fast-paced, grabbing and is just dying to be made into a movie. Despite being pitched at young adults, the book would honestly find a home in any avid reader's lap. No sensible person could deny that Catherine Greer is a master of plot development, precise character work, and a true veteran of the English language. She hopefully has many novels yet to write, but even now her prose is without a doubt worthy of ...more
Lou
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, proof-copy
I feel bad eating this so low but this books just really wasn’t for me. By no means is it a bad book, I just didn’t connect with it. I didn’t like the characters and I wasn’t connecting with the story.

It’s short and it’s easy to read. There were definitely some really nicely written passages. However, it felt like I was just waiting for something to happen and realistically a lot did happen, but it felt like nothing really did.
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thankyou to Penguin Random House Australia for providing me with a copy of Love Lie Repeat in exchange for an honest review.

Annie, Ash and Ruby are the very best of friends.  Three sirens who do everything together and will be 'friends forever'.  Annie is determined to make it that way, no matter what she has to do and how many secrets she needs to keep.

Ok, so first of all, I know that everyone is always screaming for pure hearted, strong friendships in books, and it's a wonderful thing, but I o
Jess
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
[I received an ARC of this through my bookseller job. Thanks, Penguin!]

Have you ever thought “Oh, I’ll read a couple of pages and see how I like it” and then emerged feeling slightly drunk and having finished the book in one sitting?

Love Lie Repeat sucked me in from the first few pages. I often find with contemporary YA that the teenagers behave unrealistically but Annie and her friends took me back (though it’s not that far!) to my own high school days and the constant machinations of girls try
Jodie- Readthewriteact
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me by the publisher for my honest review.

I ate this book up in a day. For me it was completely captivating. I simply could not put this book down. Talk about a page turner! The Sirens are intense girls wrapped up in beautiful packaging. The story completely had me hooked. This was exactly the book I needed to read today. Loved it!
Sonja Sonoros
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really like the fact that this book is set in Sydney. I can relate to and imagine the places they go to. I also really love the characters and I kind of like love-hated Annie but then I really felt sorry for her, too. My opinion 100% changed on her and I was sort of shocked by the book. I learned a lot of new words like heterochromia and stuff.
Definitely a book for someone in or near high school. My mum liked it but didn't quite grip her because she is old, like 45 or something. She was right
Lisa Pendergast
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Got the book from a friend whose mum gave her an early reader copy (!!). I was super surprised by the ending. I liked how creepy the whole Margaretta thing was! Seriously, chills. I couldn’t figure it out for a long time. Frankly I am tired of "vampire school girls" and at least this was realistic and felt like Greer was in my school watching.
Monica
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
why do i have the worst taste
Britt Meter
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good read, it reminded me of pretty little liars and some books from Virginia Andrews. It had suspense, lies, mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, self harm and more. I would definitely read this book and recommended it to someone
Blue
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Young twisted minds.
Struggle.
Friendship.
Heartache.
The Sirens.

The Sirens is a small group of friends, formed by three girls who have grown up together in what I like to call a snobby area of Sydney. The talented, show stopping, smart and beautiful girls are drawn together for their loyalty of one another and when a newcomer and history begins to throw them in the ocean without any floaties, they have to band together to remain strong and loyal during the tough times.
From the start, you glimpse t
Jase Cordova
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
“It’s not your job to rescue us so that we keep on loving you.” ooft I felt that in my soul.
I was lucky enough to receive an arc of this book from Penguin. It took me a little bit to get into it, but maybe that’s because I started reading it when My mind was elsewhere. Once I was able to dedicate my whole brain to it I ate it up.
I didn’t think I’d have anything in common with a bunch of teenagers who live in Sydney mansions that have servants entries, who are thin and gorgeous. But as it turns
Justine
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooooh this was a good read. I'd heard good things but wasn't sold from the blurb, but I'm so glad I gave it a go. Catherine Greer is such a clever writer, I enjoyed myself reading this book so much. I wasn't just a reader, I was in there putting pieces together, being wowed at what kind of character I was seeing everything through. I really recommend this book, especially for fans of E. Lockhart. 5 Stars.
ari
This was completely messed up, but in the best possible way.

Trigger warning: eating disorder, self harm
Cheryl
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t know how I feel about this
quick enjoyable read
but
hated like all the characters
trip I kinda liked
bc he was a little more normal
and ashlin
but ruby obvi isn’t ok and should see some therapist
and annie is just
suchha b*tch a lot of the time
but I guess that’s what the book is about
so it’s ok
ok bye
I need a palette cleanser
Luther Poier
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say. Loved this book and pretty much read it in one sitting - had to eat left overs because I could not put it down. What a great book. Riveting and laser focussed on the dysfunction that is slight not he surface and cuts deeply. Have to say that I even cried a few times. Worth every second you take to read it.
Liz Ledden
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this new YA read - a gripping thriller set in the world of upper north shore private school teens. Behind the glossy facades lies secrets (and lies!). It cleverly weaves in an incident from the past that unravels as the main plot progresses. The voice is compelling, the characters unsettling. Really well done!
Kylie Adams allen
May 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Just because you can write a book doesn’t mean you should. A shallow pointless read which glamourises young woman who are rich and skinny with no other discernible atributes. Avoid.
Verushka
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What is this about?: Annie, Ash and Ruby are the Sirens. Three friends to the bitter end, who support each other through everything. And then a boy stumbles into their midst...but this story is hardly as simple as that.

What else is this about?: This book is inspired by this Margaret Atwood poem.   It is about power, about young girls who are always looking for perfection, and in fact surrounded by people and parents who demand it.

I didn't quite know what to expect going in, but take a look at th
Soph
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This book is AWESOME!

Smart and powerful girls written incredibly well. Need I say more? No, but I will---I have so much praise for this book! I really could not put Love Lie Repeat down once I started!

Catherine Greer absolutely NAILED the voice of the upper-class-entitled (but also impossible to hate) Sydney girl. As someone from these circles in Sydney, I really felt like I knew Annie, Ruby and Ash myself.

The most interesting part of this novel for me was the first person narration from Annie.
Katie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
"But nobody really gets away with anything, do they? I mean, not in the end. The world makes them pay. It's only fair."
How do you feel about karma? Do you think that god or the universe even things out in a great cosmic balance book? Or do you think they need a helping hand? The protagonist of Catherine Greer's debut YA novel Love Lie Repeat thinks that nothing happens by accident and that we need to be the masters of our own fate. Annie is young, smart, beautiful, and the lynchpin of her trio
Chapter Ichi
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love, Lie, Repeat was a compelling, intriguing and powerful read. It didn't take me long to read, as I was captivated by the plot. From the beginning, I questioned and felt empathy for the narrator, 16 year old Annie. She considers the bond with her friends to be unbreakable and insists that she has the power to keep her friends together no matter what they go through. The girls experience love, feelings of abandonment from family members, struggles with mental health and finding out who they tr ...more
Aryana Razdar
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely would recommend it if you like angsty romance, drama and relationships with friends/parents.

I think I got to page like 200 when I REALLY couldn't put it down.
Like I kept telling myself to put it down, finish my homework and then get back to it but then I was like "Who am I kidding?" So I just kept on reading.

There are some things in the book that aren't revealed until the very end which keeps you going and it's also filled with the characters where you one second love and the other
Danielle
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book took a bit to get going, but once it did, oh boy was I in for a treat.

Annie Sharpe is a 16-year-old girl who lives on the North Shore of Sydney, where all the mums are gorgeous and fighting against ageing, and the dads have moved out of home to take up with their much younger assistants and their new children.

Annie has two best friends, Ruby and Ashlin, and they call themselves the Sirens. They sing beautifully, and they lead everyone to their doom.

When Ashlin's step-brother Trip moves
Jess Crane
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
High school is an experience to which most people can relate to. It’s a complicated and messy time in a teenagers life, with a lot of feelings to unpack.

For Ash, Annie and Ruby (‘the Sirens’), best friends from inner North Shore Sydney navigating through high school means dealing with love, heartbreak, parental divorce, abandonment, mental health and sexual identity issues, just to name a few.

Ruby has vanity insanity and is overcoming heartbreak from her ex Will, Annie holds secrets of her dad
D.A. Hawes
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What could be more compelling than a story of three sirens who also happen to be beautiful teenage girls? Ruby, Ashlin & Annie are the Sirens – black, brown and blond, and their friendship is tight and powerful, or at least it appears to be until Trip arrives and causes them to question everything, including their loyalty to each other. In Love Lie Repeat, Greer tells a story that is engaging and real; while you may not always like these characters or understand their motivations, you will be me ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Monuments
  • Making Friends with Alice Dyson
  • All That Impossible Space
  • Whisper (Whisper, #1)
Hello, I'm Catherine Greer. I lived in Canada for the first half of my life, and grew up in the country in Saskatchewan as the youngest of six siblings. I went to a private co-ed boarding school, earned a BA Honours and a Master’s degree in English literature, worked as a technical writer, then taught English at a private high school on Vancouver Island.

Then I met a handsome naval officer, married

News & Interviews