Start by marking “The Fallback” as Want to Read:
The Fallback

The Fallback

I thought being dumped was painful.
And it was.

Trust is more fragile than hope, and maybe even fear.
And it wasn't the only thing left damaged. My heart and my ego were dragged through the mud as well.

But, I'm collecting the pieces.
Moving on.
Or I was, until I learned the guy who has stolen my thoughts and attention is a client who my often eccentric and demanding boss person
Published January 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fallback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fallback

Christy
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars!!

photo IMG_2850_zpsyfzkp4nt.png

The Fallback is a sweet, sexy, and swoony second chance romance and my favorite Mariah Dietz book to date! This book seriously had the perfect hero, and I loved the heroine as well. A definite must read!

Brooke is a wedding planner and her job consumes much of her life, but she's the best of the best. She's had the same best friend for forever and had been dating the same guy for quite some time. Her life is pretty predictable. Until it all comes crashing down. After catching her boyfri
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's difficult to always strive for for perfection and then accept that sometimes perfection isn't what we'd originally thought it was. Sometimes perfection is what we didn't see. What we didn't know, perfection is the fallback.

’THE FALLBACK’ Is a full length ‘romance’ novel by author ‘Mariah Dietz’

Twenty nine year old Brooke Jensen is one of the most sought after wedding planners in Chicago, everything is planned down to every minute detail, from the venue, to the flowers, to the menu
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it sooooo much!!! ☺☺☺

Normally I hate to read slow burn romance but this turned out a great story... I really enjoyed it. 😍

Carol
4 extremely satisfying stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟

A Slow burn romance from one of my favorite authors.
And it lived up to all my expectations.
Emotional and sweet with a hint of angst.
Brooke and her best friend Felicity killed it for me alone (they were hilarious). Levi was simply icing on the cake.

Brooke and Levi
jennifer lopez romcom GIF
Event planner meets Bar owner after catching her boyfriend cheating on her.

dismissed meryl streep GIF
And then discovers her demanding boss is his mother.

NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: If I had to sum up how I was feeling during reading this book into one word, I'd say it'd have to be "waiting". I felt like I was waiting for it to start, then waiting for her to meet the H, then waiting for her to give him a shot, then waiting for anything to happen between them, then waiting for the conflict to happen -- then bam! HEA. The ending wasn't nearly enough for me after all the waiting too. There was too much wasted time with scenes between the h and her bes
The Book Bee
Jan 29, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
REVIEW: DNF

I won’t say it was boring, because that can come across as rude.

I won’t say it was slow, because that can come across as impatient.

I won’t say I think dating rules are the dumbest thing ever because that may come across as shallow.

I won’t say insecurities that are constantly rambled on about are ridiculous, because that would make me come across as insensitive.

But I will say that I couldn't finish this one because it wasn't my cuppa.

Instead of complaining for the entire review, I’m go
Carla Bulian
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,7. O início foi interessante, porém no desenrolar da história achei maçante e repetitiva. Não achei a conexão dos personagens legal. Ficou faltando algo.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I can instantly say, that I was intrigued immensely by the blurb of The Fallback. This book by Mariah held a lot of promise. This standalone novel is one that touches on many subjects, that we as humans deal with, every day of our lives. It is extremely relateable, and very well written. It was inspiring to see the heroine reinvent herself at her own pace.

Brooke is a event planner at Glitter And Gold. She is also one of the most sought after wedding planners in Chicago. Having a boss that resemb
Anne OK
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Sassy banter, a slow burn romance that is rewarding as readers get a mature and realistic relationship -- well, there are some hurdles to overcome before we get to the good stuff. One broken relationship does not mean you're going to be alone and unhappy for the rest of your life. And second chances most often are much better anyway!

Strong characters, one perfectly imperfect hero that gets 5 stars of his very own and the girl, too, great dialogue and a demanding lady boss who comes with her own
Cocktails and Books
The heroine was quirky, but I liked her. I liked that she didn't see herself as others did and that she struggled with getting her life back on track. This romance was real, flawed and hard to put down.
Shelly (vixenreads)
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
OK, so there are things I liked about this book and there are things that left me a bit puzzled.
I thought how Brooke and Levi met was cute. I adored Brooke's BFF, Felicity & Felicity's husband, Dan. Brooke's boss, Catherine, left a lot to be desired.

My big problem with this book was how Brooke never faced her issues with what happened in her previous relationship. She continually brushed it off when it was clear she struggled. I wouldn't have minded her ignoring how she felt for a couple of
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This book was amazing and will stay with me long after I have read it. It was so heart breaking and so real that I cried and laughed and yelled at my kindle. This is a story that can happen to a person in real life. Mariah has crafted and created a world where reality comes out and draws you in to keep you reading until the end. You need to know what is going to happen to Brooke and Levi.

Brooke is a sought after wedding planner. She has the life she has always wanted. Her business is thriving a
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. This book is so damn amazing.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

When I seen the cover for The Fallback it instantly pulled me in so I quickly searched and read the description and it grabbed me and I knew instantly it was a book I needed to read and my instincts were right because this book, this book was simply amazing.

It’s everything I love in a romance. Cute, adorable, supplies you with so many feels and breaks your heart a little. What’s a romance book without a lit
Aurora - Whoo Gives A Hoot
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
The Fallback by Mariah Dietz was simply amazing and I read it in one sitting! This happens to be only the second book I have read from this author, but I have a feeling I will be changing that soon because if all of her books are this good then I have been seriously missing out! While I really liked Brooke, I have to admit that Levi completely stole my heart!

My heart broke for Brooke because of her cheating ex, but if it hadn't been for that exper
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTIFUL STARS!! Levi and Brooke's story is so beautifully written and hits all your emotion buttons. Levi is perfection in everyway, he is sexy, hot, confident and fun. These two have both had bad relationships in the past and need to trust each other. Mariah Dietz has given us readers the perfect story that you can't put down. This is one book you should 1-Click.
Sofia Lazaridou
Jan 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
I am trying really hard to find the romance in this book. Is it poor Levi who was constantly pushing Brooke for something more? Brooke acting like " I don't want anything to happen between us, I am a single woman now?" Everything seemed to be conspiring for them to be together and Brooke didn't want that. I don't believe that she ever fell in love with Levi. The true romance in this book was Felicity and her husband. They were the most realistic and good couple in the book.

The book is 465 page
Dilek VT
Feb 15, 2019 marked it as not-appealing
Note to self: Slow burn with low steam/little passion. Fade-to-black scenes.
Berna
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I tried to love this book but it didn’t work for me.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Dnfed @25%

This book reminds me of Mariana Zapata’s books. Slooooowww. I don’t got time for slow burn now.
Joyce
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
"It's difficult to always strive for perfection and then accept that sometimes perfection isn't what we'd originally thought it was. Sometimes perfection is what we didn't see. What we didn't know. Sometimes perfection is the fallback."

I love this quote. So true. Good words to remember when the going gets tough. And this is the lesson Brooke learns.

The first scene was... OUCH. She walks in on her long time boyfriend being intimate with another woman - in their bedroom! And he's not even really
Jessica
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the theme of finding yourself. Levi was a doll. I love the chemistry between the main characters.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Actual Rating 4.5 Stars

This is my first Mariah Dietz book & to be very honest; I am adoring the way the author writes a sweet, delightful, steamy romance that has me swooning over not only the hero but also the heroine!

Brooke lives a predictable life –
she is a we
Michelle
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**The Fallback is a new adult contemporary romance by Mariah Dietz. I know it is early in 2019, but I can already tell this book is going to be a favorite of the year. It just had everything I was looking for in a book. I read it one day because I just could. not. put. it. down. And this book clocks in on 465 pages, so it isn't what I would call short. It just came out this week, and you all need to run, not walk to gr ...more
Karen
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My last read of 2018 and it was a belter.

I've decided that on my bucket list I want to kiss a gorgeous man on the jumbotron. And if it could be a gorgeous man like Levi Westbrook who can cook me dinner and steal my heart with his dimple that would be even better.

Wedding planner/events coordinator Brooke starts writing a blog, "Tales of Being Single" and decides to check out things that she hasn't tried before like rock climbing, baseball and yoga. With perfect timing along comes Levi, dimple an
Louisa
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The Fallback is my new favorite Mariah Dietz book.
"I don't know if everything happens for a reason, but I do know that everything we experience teaches us something....this might not have been the plan but sometimes the fallback can be even better."

Our main characters, Brooke and Levi will be a couple you will remember for a while.  Brooke is a perfectionist, she's a very successful wedding planner and is living the perfect life.  Great job (her boss is a bit much but hey - it's her dream job
Shannon
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

The Fallback is one of those books that makes me want to get up off of my butt and make some changes in my life. Now if I actually do anything about it is the real question!

This was such an enjoyable, sweet, and inspiring story. I thoroughly enjoyed traveling Brooke’s journey with her, as she navigated through changes in her life. It’s the perfect book if you need a break from some of the heavier, more emotional stuff that’s out there!

After her ex’s betrayal, Brooke is determined to take t
K.  Ramjohn
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Fallback was my first read for 2019 and I am pleased to say I enjoyed it. This slow burn romance was a sweet story that will have you hooked from start to end and will give you all the feels.
Levi and Brooke had the most amazing chemistry. You could feel it at every stage of the book. These two characters were well-developed and so likable you would be rooting for them throughout the story. They were supported by a cast of secondary characters who all added so much to the novel.
This is a sto
Konny
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Fallback by Mariah Dietz is a captivating story, full opf twists and unexpected turns that kept me at the edge of my seat and made me read the book, cover to cover, in one sitting.

Brooke is a 29 year old event planner and she has her life planned out too. Only her partner throws a wrench when he cheats on her. To top it off he isn't apologetic or in denial - he breaks off with her for good. Now she has her life put back together all on her own.
Levi is a good man and when he meets Brooke ther
Patty
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brooke is a successful event planner whom works lots of hours for her evil, demanding boss, Catherine. She has worked for over a decade for her and still finds it annoying how her demands create more work for her. But she always stays on top of it and never met a event challenge she could not handle. That is until the event came in the form of her live in boyfriend Gabe, getting caught in the act of cheating. Yep! Her bad. She wasn't supposed to come home early.
Now homeless, broken hearted and b
  • 28 Days
  • This Side of Eden
  • Captive Loving
  • Under the Surface (Alpha Ops, #4)
  • Her Nowhere
  • Trouble Won't Wait (Love-n-Trouble)
  • Night of Fire (St. Ives Family, #2)
  • Secrets of the Tycoon's Bride (The Garrisons, #5)
  • Passage West
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • A Deal with Benefits
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Love, Lies & the D.A. (Love, #1)
  • Kace (Allen Securities, #2)
  • Taking It Off
  • Paradise Hops
  • Remedy
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
**Pre-order The Fallback, a highly anticipated Contemporary Romance releasing January 10th https://mybook.to/TheFallback**

Mariah Dietz lives with her husband and three sons, who are the axis of her crazy and wonderful world in North Carolina.
Mariah grew up in a tiny town outside of Portland, Oregon, where she spent most of her time immersed in the pages of books that she both read and created.
She