Start by marking “Loveless” as Want to Read:
Loveless

Loveless

The fourth novel from the phenomenally talented Alice Oseman – one of the most authentic and talked-about voices in contemporary YA.

It was all sinking in. I’d never had a crush on anyone. No boys, no girls, not a single person I had ever met. What did that mean?

Georgia has never been in love, never kissed anyone, never even had a crush – but as a fanfic-obsessed romantic
Published July 9th 2020 by HarperCollins Children’s Books

To ask other readers questions about Loveless, please sign up.
Kiki van Dijk Loveless does not have a US publisher (yet), so as long as that is the case, it will not come out in the US.
I would try ordering the British edition …more
I would try ordering the British edition through Bookdepository (free shipping worldwide), Waterstones, or another online shop that ships to the US.(less)
Kiki van Dijk So far, Loveless is physically only available as a UK paperback. As for e-books, it is available (in some countries) on Google Play Books, Apple Books…moreSo far, Loveless is physically only available as a UK paperback. As for e-books, it is available (in some countries) on Google Play Books, Apple Books, and Amazon/Kindle.(less)

Start your review of Loveless
Alice Oseman
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
LOVELESS is my fourth YA novel! It features:
- an aromantic asexual coming-out story set at Durham University
- a small group of unlikely friends trying to save the Shakespeare Society by putting on a very weird play
- a plan to 'find love' that goes very wrong indeed
- a directorial rivalry fraught with sexual tension between two queer girls
- a battle on a bouncy castle
- some very strong opinions about Scooby-Doo
- learning that platonic love can be just as powerful - if not more so, sometimes - tha
chai ♡
Me: *more screaming*
Kai
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer, owned
so I don’t know about you but I have never read an aro-ace OwnVoices book before?
In other words, we don’t deserve Alice Oseman.
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
omh hello am I reading this right? Am I right in assuming this has an aro-ace heroine? Am I crying because the premise of this book sounds inherently familiar to my life experience? Yes, yes I am.

EDIT: it’s worth noting that this book & details about it have not been finalised yet, but it is about an a-spec girl coming to accept herself (not being “cured” as some previously thought) and it is an ownvoices novel. There has been a bit of confusion here & there, but I have absolute faith in Oseman
may ➹
Jan 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
when ! was !! this !!! announced !!!!
elena
Sep 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
thank you alice oseman for having all your book covers match
Elise (TheBookishActress)
oh thank god
Maddie
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I have never felt more seen by a book. Bless Alice Oseman for writing this, full of confusion, figuring things out and coming to terms with an asexual identity. It was such a comfort to see myself reflected and know that there's a happy, accepting future of love out there for me in friendships deeper than any romance~

EDIT: made a video review if you'd like to check it out~
Kaja (red panda) *:・゚✧
This is my most anticipated release of 2020, no competition. (sorry Chain of Gold, but you're close second!)

Also this cover hit my feelings like a ton of bricks. Firstly, I'm aro-ace. Secondly, I don't know how to explain the emotion that this illustration conveys, but I sure as hell can tell you that I FEEL this illustration and I feel like this illustration most of the time. And it is painful?? idek.

Ok, I'll try. Like ... I hope that the ways I experience love are ... good enough? For, you kno
✨    jamieson   ✨
Jul 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2020
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH ALICE OSEMAN WITH AN OV ACE BOOK
Claudie Arseneault
Jan 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: aromantic, lgbt
I sure as heck hope this one gets a thorough aromantic sensitivity read, because the blurb and title are leaving me chilled with fear at the damage this could cause.

EDIT NOTE: Yes, I know this is ownvoices, and I know it's an aroace protagonist dealing with internalized things. That doesn't mean it's not an incredibly difficult topic that could go wrong in a lot of ways, and the blurb is awful.

EDIT NOTE 2 : This is getting likes again, so before I get more angry fans: the blurb has changed since
Sophie
I have so many things to say but first : as an asexual and someone somewhere on the aro spec, this book resonated so much to me. So many of Georgia’s thoughts and experiences were also my own a few years ago. I could relate to her story so much I am so glad I’ve been able to read it and go through it with her.

I just. Loved. Love.

This was a major story about Georgia’s growth, and discovering herself and her identity, and accepting herself, which, we really need more of these stories! The book st
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release
03.11.19 : I JUST NEED TO BUY THIS ONE. 📌
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I'm keeping this brief because I want to let the own-voices reviewers shine on this one.

LOVELESS is the story many have been waiting for, welcome representation for aro-ace readers with a character discovering their sexual identity and it was a complex unfurling of realisation for Georgia. Georgia had this screaming desire to fit in, get her firsts under her belt until she was faced with actually doing that. The story was an opening up of consciousness of identity.

There were lots of first year
Sana
Apr 01, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
IT'S LOVELESS RELEASE DAY AND I HAS IT *HEAVY BREATHING*

-------------------------------

ALICE OSEMAN WRITING AN OWN VOICES BOOK ABOUT AN ACE ARO CHARACTER, YOUR FAVE COULD NEVER

P.S. Read Radio Silence if you haven't!
Sara
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as library-books-tbr
Set at Durham University? My university? 👀👀👀

*immediately preorders*
nova ryder ☼
May 27, 2019 marked it as not-yet-published
it’s simple. I see “aro-ace mc” and I add
Sabrina
Maybe it's not the heteronormative dream that she grew up wishing for, but...knowing who you are and loving yourself is so much better than that, I think.

Aside from being hilarious and full of vibrant, lovable characters each with their own unique story, 'Loveless' also gave me lots of food for thought. Before hearing about 'Loveless', aromantic and asexual sexualities were something I vaguely knew of by name but not nature. The synopsis really got me wondering (plenty of thinking t

Cassie
Jan 20, 2020 marked it as most-anticipated
I thought I had wrote a pre-review about this??? No??? Weird.

Regardless, I am now because I need this more than I need air.

I already can just feel like this book is going to mean the whole world to me since it has an aroace main character.

911: 911, how can I help you?

Me: yes, hi. Can you build a time machine and fast forward to July 2020?

911: I’m sorry, this is an emergency line.

Me: yes, I know. This is an emergency. I need this book, like, yesterday.

911: ........

it’s alice oseman
i need nothing else
Dylan
Jan 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Alice hasn't even mentioned the details getting released..so either the title, date, and synopsis is fake or....it's true.

pls be true.

update five minutes later:

Alice just told me it's not coming until 2020 :((
♠ Tabi ♠
Dec 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
this blurb hits me hard on the personal levels wow
Helena
Shelves: wishlist
seems like this is going to have an aro main character!!! Everyone, say: thank you, Alice Oseman
Jill
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of Loveless from HarperCollins in exchange for an honest review. This review will be brief and spoiler-free to make sure that I can convince as many of you as possible to read Loveless!

I'm going to start out by summarizing a few things that I loved about Loveless:

The emphasis on friendship and platonic love: Georgia, Pip, Rooney, Jason, and Sunil all now gladly live in my head rent-free—friend group GOALS right there!

Readers can learn about aromanticism and asexuality with Geo
L.C. Perry
Jun 08, 2020 marked it as must-have
Ummm HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS????

If I had known about this sooner, my aro grey-ace ass would have tried hunting down an ARC or something! WTFFFFFF

In other words: I NEED THIS BOOK
ellie
Shelves: 2020-release
alexa, play hard feelings/loveless by lorde bc im betting this book will be as wonderful as that song
cady!!
Jan 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
this is literally all i have ever wanted ever in my whole life thank you alice oseman
chantal
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased
UPDATE 26/07/19: I WAS RIGHT

07/02/19: for some reason im getting very strong purple cover vibes so ,,,,,,,, placing bets this will have a purple cover

• Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Burn
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Gravity of Us
  • The Black Flamingo
  • Wranglestone (Wranglestone, #1)
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Wonderscape
  • The Extraordinaries (The Extraordinaries, #1)
  • Stay Gold
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • We Are Totally Normal
  • An Unauthorised Fan Treatise
Alice Oseman is an author/illustrator and was born in 1994 in Kent, England. She has written four YA contemporary novels about teenage disasters: SOLITAIRE, RADIO SILENCE, I WAS BORN FOR THIS, and upcoming LOVELESS. She is also the creator of LGBTQ+ YA romance webcomic HEARTSTOPPER, which is now published in physical form by Hachette Children's Books.

Alice’s first novel SOLITAIRE was published whe

Articles featuring this book