Start by marking “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 5 (light novel)” as Want to Read:
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 5 (light novel)

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 5

(That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Novel) #5)

Despite Rimuru's absence, Tempest was as peaceful as always. Well, as peaceful as a monster town called "Tempest" could get, anyway. But that was only until they learned that a bunch of heavily armed humans were coming their way. To make matters worse, the Beast Kingdom of Eurazania has declared war on Milim, and Rimuru is nowhere to be found...!

Published April 23rd 2019 by Yen On (first published June 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Vol. 5

Lazybee
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is getting ridiculous, I can understand that heroes needs to be overpowered. But overpowering heroes in every chapter is too much.
Tory
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This light novel has yet to let me down or disappoint me in any way up to and including this volume. This volume starts off a little weak with some longer POV chapters from new characters no one really cares about but they are necessary world building so you know why whats happening in the world is happening. The entire volume is major conflict stacked with major conflict coming to a head and exploding, there aren't any actual real fight scenes despite there being a lot of action going on. The m ...more
Aelvana
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rimuru is off on his tour of the surrounding nations, so Benimaru and the other residents of Tempest are doing their best to run everything like normal. Only there are various plots afoot, and without Rimuru, Tempest is poorly equipped to manage them . . .

It's really hard to summarize this without spoiling some of the best twists. This book covers some of my favorite material in the overall story.

The prologue alone sets out the more ambitious scope of this book: the Beast Kingdom allied with Tem
kurogane shiroikaze
This volume marks a major turning point of the series as Rimuru finally gets confronted by the darker side of human nature. It's definitely a massive change of tone from the earlier volumes, where things were never seemingly too bad even in the face of some grim situation.

It's hard to talk about this volume without being able to spoil some of the best parts of it, but suffice to say the author was definitely going for the "road to hell is paved with good intentions" theme for this book as some
Nick Hutchinson
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rounded down from 2.5 stars.

So wow, having Rimuru just sort of fuck off for the first half of this volume was a choice. It's a dick move when you ended the last volume on a cliffhanger though. The volume really suffers waiting for Rimuru to show up. Maybe it would've been better to be back with only the secondary characters if the author hadn't just spent ( most of ) the last volume ignoring them but I'm not sure. The secondary characters aren't all that interesting on their own. Honestly I don'
Panda Tammy
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where did the time go?

I genuinely couldn't stop reading once I started. I flipped through the first few pages to get going and then a few hours later I had completed the book.... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TIME? It's a VERY good read and I really hope this is what season 2 of the anime is like. I highly recommend this series to my friends and family a the time. I really think Fuze-sensei knocked it out of the park with this one tho.
Brittney Bowman
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally A “True” Demon Lord

I truly enjoyed this book. My lack of sleep can attest to that. Some many changes happen in the book to Rimuru and he gang but finally everyone is together. Read it!!!
Karla Schneider
If you have to EXPLAIN to others that you have perspective and insight, THEN YOU DON'T HAVE PERSPECTIVE AND INSIGHT. And knowing the difference between a man and a demon with the appearance of a man is not so great THAT IT DESERVES A PAGE AND A HALF OF BOASTING. FUCKING 12 year olds.
Tom
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, magic, death, dwarves, war
It was an enjoyable read but I don't know if it's the way Fuze writes or how it's done in Japan but nothing about the scenery is described or the people. There's never an easy indication about who is speaking.

Plot drags on too much with unnecessary stuff.
Carmelo Medina
Tras un parón por haber estado arrancado con la de Reverte he devorado este light novel de una serie que empezaba a flojear. Me ha vuelto a recordar porqué adoro este tipo de novelas. Unas batallas muy entretenidas la verdad, se ha ganado otra novela de cuartelillo.
Fithri Malinda
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: japan-ln, fiction
I think the previous arc was much better
Ariel Dawson
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Didn't disappoint

I would recommend this series to anyone and book 5 didn't disappoint. The story made sense and had scenes that gave me the feels. I can't wait for the next one.
Dorcas
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
So OP. Like so much. But still fun to read.
kenneth cepello
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Can't until for more to come out. And to see what happens next time. Well give us the next book.
Andrew
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, asian-novels
A fun novel series about a man that dies and gets reborn as an slime and how he must level up and find a way to survive. Worth a read overall and the series just gets better and better the more you read. This just gettins better and better with this volume.
Daniel Devlin
Oct 13, 2017
Peter
Apr 27, 2019
Name (in native language): 伏瀬

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Novel) (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 1 [Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken [Light Novel] 1] (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime [Light Novel], #1)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 2 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 3 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 4 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 6 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 7 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 8
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 9 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 10 (Light Novel)
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 11 (Light Novel)