Start by marking “Broken Protocol (Protocol, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken Protocol (Protocol, #2)

Broken Protocol

(Protocol #2)

They call me America's Widow.

They expect me to mourn forever.

But, I've taken a lover.

Someone fierce.

Someone irresistible.

Someone dangerous.

The closer I get to Cruz, the more I'm convinced he’s keeping secrets.

And secrets, I've learned, can be deadly.
Published September 30th 2018 by Eden Butler

To ask other readers questions about Broken Protocol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Protocol

Dri ✰
Nov 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
★ 1 STAR ★

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

→ My review will be on the last book.
Natalie The Biblioholic
Lia and Cruz have decided to take a chance on each other. They're grabbing the opportunity to be together again, despite the protocols and procedures that oppose their union. If only it were that easy.

🇺🇸 Lia is the widow of the POTUS and her life's in danger. She's still in love with her first love who was NOT her husband.
🇺🇸 Cruz is the secret service agent tasked with protecting her from an ongoing threat. He's still in love with his first love, but his job may get in the way.
🇺🇸 I enjoyed the f
DJ Sakata
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote:

Conspiracies were for pasty forty-year-old dudes living in their mom’s basements sporting aluminum hats, studying the stack of hardback books with titles like “We’re Not Alone” and “The Real Twilight Zone” sitting on their TV trays.

My Review:

The intrigue and sensuality are heating up but I have more questions than answers after reading this installment. The plot thickens!
Tammy
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If love Lia and Cruz, even more I love them together. Going from memories in the past wishing the present was different so they could be together without shame and breaking protocol. The truth is slowly coming out about the assassination of her husband, but what will Lia do with this new found information.
Kylee
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second part to the Protocol series may be short but it draws you in further and leaves you hanging by a thread. Broken Protocol shows us not only the power and force behind the connection between Cruz and Lia but also gives us glimpses into their past. You will be left with more questions than answers, your anxiety level will be at an all time high but you will be intrigued and held captive to one hell of a story.
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this awesome series, and is the continuation of Lia and Cruz’s story. The truth is slowly being revealed, as well as secrets and glimpses of their past. There are even more unanswered questions, which had me hooked and intrigued throughout. Can’t wait for the next book!
MJ
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
This continuation of the Protocol series is angst-filled while the heat between Cruz and Lia is turned up high! Picking up right where we left off in Against Protocol, our former first lady and her bodyguard truly can't keep away from each other. But even their small window of bliss is just the beginning with what I fear will be one heck of an explosive finish.

I like that the Author has portrayed Lia and Cruz as two very professional people where it counts but who still have that need, that desi
Brandy Roberts
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eden Butler you slay woman , Oh my gods this book just WOW Broken protocol can't be read as a standalone so get the first book in the Protocol series as soon as possible and while you are at it one click this baby you wont regret it . My heart was slowly speeding up through out the story while secrets were revealed and then bam cliffhanger my heart is going cra cra but it's not surprising because that is what the author does boom.
copy provided for honest review
*********************************
Up All Night With Books
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Review by: Alysia

Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

The Protocol series by Eden Butler has a total of three books, all short in length, about the previous first lady and her security. Cruz and Lia have a past. They were lovers in college before Cruz left to follow his career in the military sector of the government. Lia waited for him for two years before she moved on with her current husband, who became the US president and then was assassinated. Cruz must now protect her from
Kinky Minx
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, boring
Thanks to the author for providing ARC in exchange for honest review.

I would say book 2 of the Protocol series is somehow a little more interesting. The story picks up where Lia and Cruz left off in the first book. Their love is inseparable, I can tell only by reading how they feel for each other. Sex scene is amazing from this book, I somehow can't figure out why the author writes such good sex scene but poor for the rest of the content.

I can only give 4 stars for this book, not too good not t
Krista Ricchi
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not many authors can make a cliffhanger this epic. Twists and turns will leave you breathless and begging for answers. This series really makes you try to figure out who is to blame and why. I can honestly say I can see the ending going so many ways and I am questioning everything. Lia and Cruz together are smoking hot. I hope they are both strong enough to push through and end up together. This is an amazing series I suggest you read it from start to finish.
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Lia and Cruz's story heats up as things get more complicated, especially for Cruz. The second book is short, but it is packed with so much passion, danger, suspense and back stories that give you better insight into the characters. I can't wait for #3 to see what Lia does after reading the messages on Cruz's phone!!!!
Karin Gesell
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn, things are getting intense, danger-wise and sexy-wise. Just when you think they’re all about getting their sexy on, things start getting intense in the danger department. And once again, Eden leaves us at that exact moment, jaws hanging & heads screaming “what happens next?!” Truly can’t wait to find out!!!
Lisa Stinson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is getting good. I don’t want to say much because the book is short and I don’t want to give anything away. But there are hot sexy times and then so me good mystery and suspense too. And of course this ends on a cliffhanger. I definitely can’t wait for the next one. I am dying to know what is going to happen.
Nicole Collins
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is HOT and intense. When the past merges with the present sparks fly. I am dying to know more.
Brandilyn Petitto
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg! The suspense is killing me! I need more! I really wanted to kick something when I got to the end. Gah, so good!!!
Sandy S
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date September 30, 2019

They call me America's Widow.

They expect me to mourn forever.

But, I've taken a lover.

Someone fierce.

Someone irresistible.

Someone dangerous.

The closer I get to Cruz, the more I'm convinced he’s keeping secrets.

And secrets, I've learned, can be deadly.

••••••••••••••

REVIEW: 3.75 stars--BROKEN PROTOCOL is the second instalment in Eden Butler’s contemporary, adult PROTOCOL erotic, romantic suspense serial. BROKEN PROTOCOL is the continui
PP's Bookshelf
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story of Cruz and Lia continues in the second book of Protocol Series. Lia has been sent to a safe location with Cruz and other agents as the investigation to catch the killer of ex President is still in full swing. Behind everyone's eyes Lia tries to find solace in Cruz by reconnecting with him. Cruz knows it is against the protocol but he can't stand watching the woman he loves crumble under all the burden. they have been both unhappy. Lia was wronged by her neglecting husband in so many w ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is the second instalment in the Protocol series by Eden Butler since it continues on where Against Protocol left off you need to read that one first. It has the same great characters with totally hot chemistry but a bit of a different feel as this story is really coming together. This one is dangerous, worrisome. There’s a twist, some secret we still don’t know and I can’t wait to find out what it is.

I love that Cruz and Lia’s story goes back and forth between their past and present. Seein
Jamie Chomyc
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Broken Protocol is book 2 in this series by Eden Butler!! It can be read as a standalone but I strongly recommend you read Against Protocol which is book #1 first!!
Broken Protocol picks up right where Against Protocol finished!!
Lia and Cruz are together and dealing with memories of the past while wishing that the present could be different!! Their desire for eachother is strong and will not go away!! They are professional towards eachother in public but behind closed doors a
Amanda McCalip
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 of the Protocol series is absolutely amazing! It is filled with angst and keeps you sucked in! It picks up right where book 1 leaves off, so if you did not read the first installment I really suggest doing so! This again is a shorter read and it is absolutely worth every second of your time.

Our former first lady and her bodyguard can't keep away from one another and are sure keeping me on my toes. I am enjoying every second of reading about their bliss together and I am expecting one exp
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Broken Protocol is the second book in the Protocol series, so you MUST read Against Protocol (Book 1) FIRST, as it's a continuation, with layered twists everywhere. Lia & Cruz have become lovers, which have resulted in sexy times that lit the sheets on fire. However, there's still danger to her, what he's hiding, and more f-bomb worthy twists. So I was on the edge of my seat with heart pounding, even knowing that this installment was shorter than the first. It's already driving me mad trying ...more
Tiffany
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lia couldn’t believe that she and Cruz had another night together especially how everything ended in their past. Lia sees that passion and attraction is still their between her and Cruz. Cruz feels like something isn’t right and he is determined to keep her safe at all costs. Lia knows that there are things that Cruz isn’t telling her and she is desperate to find out the whole truth.

I loved this second book in this series!! I love the chemistry and attraction between them. The characters are mea
Phuong
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story continues after Cruz and Lia leaves her home and he takes her to an out of place "safe house". Cruz won't tell Lia what is going on other than she is in danger from the same person/people. They end up in a cabin up in the mountains with no electricity and just have the very basics. While hiding out in the cabin, the 2 of them talk about their past and how each of them hurt the other. They are still in love with each other after all this time and admit it to each other. When Lia find te ...more
Brittani Brown
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Obviously if you read part 1 you can’t wait to dive into part 2! I wasn’t as in love with this part of the story as I was with part 1. There was a lot of broken emotions with Cruz and Lia, and I wasn’t a fan of their interactions the second half of this story. I will say, I do understand the importance of what is happening between them, but it took too much of the book up for me.

Let me put this as carefully as I can... You. Will. Hate. Cruz. BUT - there was a part that made me wonder if I even
Teri
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book. I was looking forward to chaos and action, a high suspense and intrigue kind of read that kept you on the edge of your seat with the added benefit of a second chance romance. Unfortunately that's not quite what this book is. There's plenty of action and chemistry between Cruz and Lia, there is no denying that. Unfortunately there are only mentions and implications of danger besides the early mention of the agent Cruz doesn't trust. Now we find out there's evide ...more
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
4.2 Stars!!

The Protocol series were a series that will have your mind in a tailspin. The fast pace and the drama that is building up with each book. The only thing that is keeping this review a 5 stars was that there are too many lines in between. Maybe that is the way it has to be with Novella's. Once we reached the peak of the drama, it was easily fixed. No more angst, just a solution.

Let's go back to the story line. It was great overall. The characters were outstanding. The chemistry was grea
Bellereader
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Lia and Cruz are the best America has to offer! If you love political, second chance, thrill/mystery driven, sexified rollercoller rides this trio is the one for you. I was sooo privileged to get all three and I was glad to not be left hanging because it was a can’t be put down page turner. Lia is the former First Lady that still has all eyes on her. Cruz is the secret service agent assigned to protect and defend her especially from the threat that killed her husband. Little does the world know ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this installment of the Protocol series we find out more about Lia and Cruz’s past through their memories. The danger to Lia looms ever closer and Cruz is determined to keep her safe but being together has made their feelings stronger than ever and they can no longer deny the chemistry between them.

The story ends on a cliffhanger that leaves Lia questioning everything she believes. This installment is short, steamy and suspenseful and anxiously awaiting the conclusion of this series. I volunt
Danny Jeffery
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Broken Protocol is the second part of a trilogy and should not be read on a stand alone basis (the next installment is due very shortly so there will be no long delays to wait).

Broken Protocol was more of a filler really between the first book and no doubt the conclusion of the last book. It was a quick read but had plenty of suspense and was certainly hot and steamy. The story ended on an absolute banger of a cliffhanger and I'm excited for the conclusion now to see how everything will unfold.
Eden Butler is an editor and writer of Contemporary Romance novels and the nine-times great-granddaughter of an honest-to-God English pirate. This could explain her affinity for rule breaking and rum.

When she’s not writing or wondering about her possibly Jack Sparrowesque ancestor, Eden patiently waits for her Hogwarts letter, edits, reads and spends way too much time watching rugby, Doctor Who an

Protocol (3 books)
  • Against Protocol (Protocol, #1)
  • Final Protocol (Protocol, #3)