Start by marking “It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)” as Want to Read:
It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)

It's Witchcraft

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

An eerie ritualistic murder sends Malcolm and Seong-Jae down a bizarre path of the occult to find a killer--but when it comes to witchcraft, the suspect's not the only one casting a spell. With Seong-Jae haunting his dreams, Malcolm is practically bewitched, his trust in Seong-Jae growing deeper and deeper as both men learn to rely on each other.

But w
Published November 10th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about It's Witchcraft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Witchcraft

Start your review of It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
Shile
Oh Dear Lawd what have i gotten myself into? GAAAAAH!!!

description

And i thought book 4 had the feels. This was worse..

I now sound like a broken record but..... The UST! THE FREAKING UST is killing me! And i am eating that shit up.

description

-Sade, Jason, Anjulie, Gabi! just GAAAAAAHHH!

Then there is Mal and Seong-Jae... The touches, the conversations...GAAAAAHHH!

description

“I’m looking for my cat.” That lyrical British accent mocked, and he turned, almost pirouetting, arms flung out and making slashes in the drizzling rainf
Simone
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***
The emptiness that we confess
In the dimmest hour of day
In the common town they make a sound
Like the low sad moan of prey
The bitter taste the hidden face
Of the lost forgotten child
The darkest need the slowest speed
The debt unreconciled
...
The awful cost of all we lost
As we looked the other way
We've paid the price of this cruel device
Till we've nothing left to pay
~ The Angry River

As for me, this song fits to the whole season, but it pretty much sums this episode up to a T. In s
Nicola
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
I’ve neglected Malcom and Seong-Jae at bit over the past couple of months, but as has been the case with each previous episode, the possibilities, the tension, the complexity and the bigger storyline just keeps building and building. Even more so in this case and with a gripping opener, It’s Witchcraft leaves you satisfied, yet wanting more. Onto episode six...

description Hell of a first day back, isn’t it?”
~Volha~
This keeps getting better and better! The level of intensity both personal and professional keeps escalating, more players enter the fray, more thoughts and feelings weave themselves into Malcolm and Seong-Jae canvas. I believe that the painting will soon follow. And it's going to be beautiful. The characters are complex and multidimensional, the situations are raw and real, the murders are devious and shocking. But the best part is Malcolm and Seong-Jae.

This time the murder investigation takes
haletostilinski
I want to shake these two idiots and also go "now kiss!" at the same time lmao. But they're so amazing together and I absolutely FREAKING ADORED their progress in this book, their ever deepening relationship.

I suspected it, but was still surprised when we learn Seong-Jae is (view spoiler) but it fits his character. That doesn't mean that (view spoiler)
Truuss Loveislovereview
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2018
Till 50% I wanted to put my hands in Seong-Jae and Malcolm’s hair and smack their heads together...hard! It’s so easy... you got two pair of delicious lips just bring them close and seal them... just do it!! You want it... both!
It’s killing me!!

Nauseating scenes sometimes, because the scene was so well described I could see the crime very detailed... They are awful clever put together... as always. The way the scenario is unfolding... intriguing... and there is more story coming!

Omg... when Seo
Chris
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, military-crime
4.5 stars for Malcom & Seong Jae ... these two are really connecting now and I’m loving the depth being added to the series. Some big realizations occurred in this installment and there is a greater understanding for both characters emotional levels. The back story with secondary characters is also starting to open up and pieces of the puzzle are forming. No spoilers here - this is a great series...murder & mystery with a hint of romance! ...more
Claude
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Detective Yoon:

Detective Khalaji

So. About this!
We left these two guys in a...complicate situation (for a change haha).
Like I said in the previous chapter, someone from Malcom's past came back AND...some bad habits returned. I was so sure! So sure Seong-Jae were gonna find out about it. His reaction was priceless.

He was just so funny AND so cute. He made him pay without telling him why he was so mad (hilarious!) and I loved every second of it.
Malcom is clearly lost between all of it. He does
Mo
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another gruesome crime. More twists and turns. Who to trust? Who to believe?

"You piss me off and frustrate me and challenge me, and you are the biggest fucking asshole I've ever met."

Feelings are blurred. Defences are being broken down ... a little bit.

"Fuck off."

"God, I love working with you. It's like pulling a wet cat's tail."

"Come here.
Come here, please."

"I actually feel sorry for the guy you end
up loving for real."

The silence between them was a fragile sphere of glass, th
rowenalovelace
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was soo good! I crave more about Seong-Jae and Sila's past. And Malcom! Glad you made up your mind about sleeping around.
Bev
This series improves with every episode, but again I would stress it is GAY fiction, NOT romance [although with the way things are progressing between Malcolm and Seong-Jae, that will happen sooner rather than later 😁]. As the author mentions rather cheekily in the Q & A session at the back of the story, try Cordelia Kingsbridge if you want quick romance between your MC's...and I have to say having also read that particular series insofar as it's been published [and it's absolutely brilliant], t ...more
Nazanin ex-Profile
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one. My suspicion about who Sila is got confirmed, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Karen
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unique, riveting, intense, dark and at times disturbing...

Somewhere along the line I decided that not only did I want to read this series but I want to see how long I can do this and write reviews for it that...hopefully will at the very least make people to check these stories out and maybe even read them. But I'm going to be honest ans say read the trigger warnings for these book because they are they and for some they're going to be very important. While there may be some moments of humor
JR
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to Put Down

Instead of binge watching, I am binge reading. It is just impossible to put down! I am suffering from lack of sleep, but I am overwhelmed with the way this series sucks me in and doesn't let go. An incredible reading experience.
Caipi
It took some episodes to get me hooked, but now I can't get enough of Malcolm and Seong-Jae and all the cases they need to solve!

I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
True rating ... 4.25 stars <333!!

More thoughts to come this weekend!! I ADORED this book :-) ... Seong-Jae & Malcolm made it everything it was ... SUCH a joy :-D!!!
Ariana
I am actually brain-dead and speechless.

How can so much happen in a 'mere' episode?
And I am not talking about the gruesome murder at the beginning (if you are in any way squeamish, I would advise you to skip over the first chapter)

This was the episode of revelations and a huge step forward to what's going on between Malcolm and Seong-Jae.
Please don't expect anything physical, there are a couple of very valid and important reasons why that might not happen quickly! And it feels totally right.
Whe
S1 #4) Changing Faces ★★★★★

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Mariah
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fuckkk. (Yes, I know. I'm getting more and more eloquent during social distancing)

1) The Cardigans ⭐⭐✨ (2.5)
2) Junkshop Blues ⭐⭐⭐ (3)
3) The Man With The Glass Eye ⭐⭐⭐✨ (3.5)
4) Changing Faces ⭐⭐⭐✨ (3.75)
5) It's Witchcraft ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4)
⚣Michaelle⚣
This one was weird...
♥Sharon♥
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Kudos to Cole McCabe for coming up with this FANTASTIC episode series. And thank goodness I have all the books that are out at my finger tips and I don’t have to wait for the next one. I’d have gone fucking crazy waiting a month to find what came next!

The way Cole writes the last couple chapters he brings you to this cusp that will likely have you saying one of these things. What the hell? Are you fucking kidding me? FFS Malcolm and Seong-Jae get your shit together. And thus you have to immedia
ReadingAllNite
This series, this author, just get better and better. This installment is less about the bizarre crime and more about the various characters we’ve met: Malcolm and Seong-Jae of course, Gabrielle, Anjulie, Sade, Lillienne Wellington and Jason Huang. Several more details and clues are surprising and revealing. Most of all, Malcolm and Seong-Jae do make some progress with their uneasy partnership. The author adds even more diversity to the cast when the two men have an unexpected and deep conversat ...more
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#3 The Man with the Glass Eye: ★★★1/2
#4 Changing Faces: ★★★

4 stars!

“Come here.”

It’s Witchcraft is a great addition to the series! The mystery is strange and very well done and it’s a good contrast to the amazing character and relationship development in the novel. The characters are still a delight to read about, even more so with the new mysteries that slowly start to reveal themselves as the series arc progresses.

Cole McCade contin
Aleksandra
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
3.5 stars perhaps

This is my least favorite installment in the series so far. It might be because I’ve read too many CI books too quickly in a row and I need to give myself a break (which I will do), however I do have “objective” issues aka things I can point out I didn’t like.

The plot structure was all over the place. Malcolm and Seong-Jae spent more time on interpersonal relationship than on the murder solving. The murder was a particularly bloody and horrific one, it felt weird how little time
Athira
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
This book has ALL THE FEELS!! It just keeps getting better and better. AHHHHHH!!

I just wanted to knock their heads together and tell them to use WORDS. It was simply beautiful when Seong Jae finally opened up to Malcolm. We finally get backstories of both the main characters.

Seong Jae is so cute when he's jealous. And Malcolm has no idea why he's mad at him!🤦🏻‍♀️ And that rooftop scene? To die for!

The case was horrific. Please heed the content warnings in the beginning. I can't even imagine som
Tina

It‘s still too early to use the ‘romance’ tag... but it’s creeping in.... ;)
And hurt/comfort! So much!
mina reads™️
This installment was just as immersive and addicting as all the rest. I am constantly impressed by how beautiful McCade’s writing is. I especially enjoyed how we got some more details on various interpersonal relationships including but not limited to, Seong Jae and Malcom’s.

We saw more glimpses of Anjulie’s deteriorating emotional state and her self imposed isolation, a look into Malcom and Gabi’s past, as well as some cryptic and worrying details about Sade and Huang. Malcom and Seong Jae tal
M
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved how this kept me in the edge of my seat with all my theories and ideas and how it all just *burst* but made sense of other things. It was intense and beautiful, and I loved it.
Tania
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(view spoiler) ...more
Lisazj1
*insert all the cuss words here, because now I'm all out of Mal and Seong-Jae til the next one, and that's just wrong!!*

Holy hell, so much happened here, and I finally get to tag this "romance". *dreamy sigh* They are....admitting things, but that's more than enough for me. <3 The promise of things to come is making me giddy!

But not the promise of all things to come, because some of them are disturbing and a couple are actually frightening. These guys are legit badasses but no kidding, I'm serio
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Devil in the Details (Death and the Devil, #1.8)
  • Wayward (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #4)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • When the Devil Drives (Death and the Devil, #1.6)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Other Than Honorable (Cabrini Law #3)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)
  • Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)