Start by marking “All That We Are” as Want to Read:
All That We Are

All That We Are

They say everything happens for a reason- that there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel. For the longest time I didn’t think that was true. I had stumbled around in the dark for so many years that I didn’t think I would ever find my way out. But when I finally did, it came in the most unexpected way.

Miles Hollins had been my brother’s best friend for as long as I co
Published November 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about All That We Are, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That We Are

Start your review of All That We Are
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

‘ALL THAT WE ARE’ Is a full length, contemporary romance novel by Me;Melissa Toppen. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

In this we meet Harlow and Miles. These two have history that goes way back to a time when Miles was Harlow’s brothers best friend, they detested each other. But that was then..

Twenty nine year old Harlow has returned home with her tail between her legs licking her wounds after her failed marriage, temporarily moving into her brothers apartment until she can get back on h
Janja
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Easy and smooth with just a bit of bump on the road.
Dana
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh what a roller coaster!!! Harlow and Miles were a perfect couple!!!! Friends.....nope....they tolerated each other until they realized that they actually may like each other!

Miles was the perfect guy!!! Harlow is on a path of finding herself after the deepest betrayal by the one person who she trusted....hence, returning home and seeing Miles again....these two were great as a couple!

Miles has his demons (war will do things to a person), these demons rule his life and take their toll. Can he
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
I like Melissa Toppen books. She knows how to turn a story and make you fall for her characters.

However for me, this was just a run of the mill story with a few tropes mixed together for effect. Ex military, return home after estrangement and bad marriage. Brother's best friend, Tattoo artist/motorcycle. You got your pick there.

The essential being that he's an ex military dealing with PTSD issues that he has yet to confront. It's the proverbial bomb waiting to blow, and you spend the entire book
Sheri
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a little hesitant to read this book because the reviews made it seem like it was really deep and heavy, but it was so much more than that.

Harlow moves back to Kentucky after discovering her controlling husband has been cheating on her. She wasn’t allowed to have a job or a life outside the home, so she’s a little lost. She becomes reacquainted with her brother’s best friend, Miles, and he offers her a job at his tattoo shop.

Miles has his own demons. He was in Iraq and came home with some s
Maree Repa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Receiving Help

Such an exciting, wonderful tale about life. How their loves and their life’s can change. Another most magnificent book, written by Melissa Toppen. One, I dearly loved so much!

Harlow who was listening Dr Rothenburg. Hearing his calming speech certainly calmed her down. Telling him how her life felt so completely different. She now didn’t feel like she know the husband any more She felt uncomfortable with complete anxiety about her relationship. This made Harlow fe
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost I'd like to say that i am HAPPY i purchased the paperback. WOW What a story! Traditional in sense because of the best friend's little sister idea, but it had so much more!

When Harlow is left in a dead marriage (mainly because her husband Alan not only is a shit but a liar. Well, Harlow finds herself back in her hometown, near the ones she loves.

Enter MILES the sexy tattoo parlor owner! Yes, I said tattoo OH and he has a beard! HELLO!!!! Mile definitely is a very sexy, big alph
Mary
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotional and sweet story. Miles is a war veteran fighting his own demons. Harlow is an abused wife getting out of her marriage. You can consider the book as enemies to lovers or a brother’s best friend story. They both return back to their home town and and things heats up between them. I loved the chemistry between Miles and Harlow. The story is well written with just the right amount of angst.

Review copy was received for an honest opinion.
Raksha R
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Guys this book was actually so good!!
It was steamy and cute and had me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. BUT it also dealt with gritty and heartbreaking shit that just had me loving this book even more.

I will say that I wish they delved deeper into the foundation of the relationship because I wanted to know EVERYTHING! Nonetheless if you want a quick and great romance book I would DEFINITELY recommend this!!!
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
I was pleasantly surprised reading this book. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There was a moment when I cried but it just added to the effect the book had on me. It was something that I truly enjoyed.

Miles was tortured by his past in the military and did not do relationships because of that. Harlow on the other hand is in the process of getting a divorce from her cheating scumbag of a husband so the last thing she is looking for is to jump into another relationship. Miles is the best
Lisa
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read - one that I loved from beginning to end. It hooked me from the beginning and could not put down until the very last word. It was poignant and beautiful yet real and gritty at the same time.

Harlow has returned home after an unsuccessful marriage to a man who was controlling and a cheater. She finds herself working for her brother's best friend, Miles. They have known each other since childhood but have always had a bit of a love-hate relationship. As the attraction betwe
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
This book is AMAZING!! I've never read or heard of Melissa Toppen prior to seeing this book on my blogger sign ups and I fully admit that I judged this book by the cover - did you see it?! As much as the cover got me interested, the story kept me interested. If it weren't for adulting and my husband, I would have probably just read straight through.

Harlow has returned home, tail between her legs, moving into her brother's house (because moving back in with dad and step-mom was just too much). S
elizrdbthspeaks
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
book 2 that i have read by Melissa ... I tend not to read military reads 'cause they ripped my heart in 2 and i cry like a baby. i appreciate their service and love it, but i prefer not crying when i read ...unless it is for a difference reason??! does that make any sense??!?! on kindle unlimited if you wish 2 use that option??! gorgeous hot very steamy cover!! i will say what made it even more scary was the beginning section all about Harlow ...that was rough to read??! Miles is a dork. Thank G ...more
Destiny Sanderson
Melissa, You did it again!!!! This is an emotional and sweet story. Miles is a war veteran fighting his own demons. Harlow is an abused wife getting out of her marriage. You can consider the book as enemies to lovers or a brother’s best friend story. They both return back to their home town and and things heats up between them. I loved the chemistry between Miles and Harlow. you sure know how to keep someone on edge and heart betting!!!

This is an awesome Read!!!

5 Stars ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!
Erika BookHavenBookBlog
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
"Because if I could sleep, if I could dream, I have no doubt that Harlow Cabell would be the very thing I would see."

Nothing I love more than when two characters hold disdain for each other, giving in to their urges would cause a whole host of problems, and yet, they throw caution to the wind, and discover the love of each other's lifetime!! Harlow and Miles have known each other for eons, since he is her big brother's best friend, and they never really got along much. Losing touch over a decade
Milena
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful. What a great read!! Harlow and Miles are amazing together. I like that they started out slow and then developed into something big! Great steaminess and romance!! This story is about two people having to travel through rough waters to get to the happiness that they both deserve. The dialogue and the way Harlow & Miles connected with each other gave me all the feels. I couldn’t put it down. ...more
Angel
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this book! Love the characters. FULL REVIEW TO COME!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Miles was the perfect guy!!! Harlow is on a path of finDing herself after the deepest betrayal by the one person who she trusted....hence, returning home and seeing Miles again....these two were great as a couple!

Andrea Britton
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five big fat emotional stars!

Phenomenal!

Heartbreakingly perfect!

Melissa Toppen has written a emotional romance that will for sure make your heart beat fast and will make your heart happy.

Harlow Cabell is starting over. After enduring a controlling marriage, she has gone back home to start new. Staying with her brother Winston, she ends up seeing his best friend Miles. Remembering how they used to hate each other back in the day, Harlow is confused when she starts feeling things for Miles.

Mile
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Harlow has moved back and is living with her brother not ideal but her life hasn't been anything like she thought, now here she is homeless, jobless and the One person she never could stand is the very one who saved her. Miles has seen a lot in his life, being in the military you have good and bad but Miles has had more bad and it still haunts him that's why being single is best but when his nemesis shows up 10 years later things change cause people change but when both their past hang on , is t ...more
Chara
3/5. I don't know how to start with this book because honestly, I enjoyed this book so much until some part in this book set me off completely.
Lauren
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 sweet story of a girl and her brother's best friend
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
When you are in a reading rut, pull out a Melissa Toppen book! All That We Are has to be one of my favorite books of 2018. I discovered Melissa Toppen’s work this year. In each and every one of her books, she continues to tug at my heartstrings, and write stories with characters that capture your heart and take you on a journey that you will never forget.

In All That We Are, Melissa Toppen writes a friends/enemy to lovers’ story. Harlow Cabell’s older brother has a best friend, Miles Hollins. Har
Jasmina Ceha (Bookmarks by Jasmina blog)
Do you believe in destiny fate??

All that We Are is full length standalone novel written by Melissa Toppen. It wasn't my first book from this author and I knew that's going to be a good story. It wasn't only about hard love, where two people trying to find a place in their life again and heal their souls, but also about finding your true love and a soulmate.
Harlow and Miles knew each other from the childhood and didn't like one another those days. She was his best friend's sister.
After her disast
JoAnna G
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not my first book by Melissa Toppen, and it won't be my last. I loved this book. It was a book that leaves an impression. I fell for hard this book. I fell for the people just everything. What an emotional journey. This book isn't about just forbidden romance. No, its a book about growth and finding love where you least expect it. It was very well written and the plot was what sucked me in and the writing kept me there.

Miles is a war veteran and he is best friends Winston which is Harlo
Stacie Christensen
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Miles Hollins had been my brother’s best friend for as long as I could remember. We didn’t like each other much growing up. Or rather, we couldn’t stand each other. But after ten years of bein
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All That We Are by Melissa Toppen
“Unexpected Love, 5 stars”

Harlow is starting over with her life after a disaster that is better known as her marriage. She’s home and trying to heal her wounds. What she never expected was Miles. Miles has been her brother’s best friend since forever and Harlow and Miles were like oil and water. Now they are life fire and gasoline, only question is will they stay burning or will they burn out quickly?
Miles has his demons from his time at war and struggles with th
Shawn
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this story as an Arc for an honest review. Once again Melissa did not disappoint. She took two flawed characters Miles & Harlow.
Harlow left town and thought she was living a great life. She was married, had a beautiful home and money. But soon she finds out her controlling husband has been lying and cheating. She leaves to start over and returns to her home town and moves in with her brother. This is where Miles enters the story.
Miles is Harlow’s brothers best friend and he owns a t
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harlow is moving back home after she finally got out of a bad marriage, and in with her brother. Miles is her brother's best friend & has serious demons from his time in the military, but Harlow didn't like him when they were kids. Now that she's home, they have become friends, when he hires her to work for his tattoo shop. Those friendship feelings has quickly morphed into something more, especially since they have strong chemistry that ignited into sexy times that lit the sheets on fire. Howev ...more
Within The Pages Book Blog
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of a perfect girl who seemingly had it all together until now, Harlow and the sexy tattooed ex soldier best friend of her brother, Miles. Growing up they were total opposites and never cared to even know each other, then Harlow experiences some life changes and returns to her hometown where it’s like she’s meeting Miles Hollins for the very first time. There are electrical affinity sparking between them that they don’t quite understand. Can they explore it? Will they care to?
I
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Across the Horizon
  • In Her Space (Stars Duet, #2)
  • Beneath His Stars (Stars Duet, #1)
  • Tequila High
  • Long Road Home (Love in the Heartland, #3)
  • I'm Yours
  • Make You Mine
  • Heartbreak Warfare
  • The Fallback
  • Treacherous
  • Waiting for Autumn
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Stay with Me
  • Cards of Love: The Sun
  • Wilder Love (Love and Chaos, #1)
  • Only Love (One and Only, #3)
  • Release
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect