Start by marking “Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)

Jaxson

(Riverwise Private Security #1)

Three brothers. Three Secrets. One hope to save the shifters of Seattle.

Former SEAL Jaxson River would give his life for his brothers and his pack, but if he doesn’t claim a mate soon, he’ll be forced to step down as their alpha. There’s only one problem: Jaxson’s dark secret would kill any mate he claimed. With someone kidnapping shifters off the street — and only Jaxson
Published September 5th 2015 by Sworn Secrets Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Jaxson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaxson

Start your review of Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)
Cheesecake
Jaxson the depressed alpha and Olivia the ditzy curvy girl.
I listened to this on audio and the readers, Douglas Berger and Delisha Forest, do a fine job.

I just didn't feel engaged listening to this one. I fast forwarded quite a bit in the middle.
Olivia the curvy 'woe is me' I'm not worthy of him, down on her luck heroine 'rescues' Jaxson from some bad guys. Jaxson the hot shifter with a secret, then rescues her. One thing leads to another and Olivia is now his security company's secretary. Thi
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from author for review

Three sexy, shifter brothers...yum. Jaxson is not only a shifter but a former SEAL...double yum. There's lots of action, plus a great romance and steamy sex. The scene with her aunt and Jaxson reminds me a lot of the end of the Dark Alpha series.

Who is Agent Smith? What's Jace's curse? What happened to Jared? So many questions.
Belinda
4,5 stars - English Ebook - Riverside security series stand alone 🌹🦋🌹
Wanhoo it was making me blush. Security, Alpha, Military, witch, curse, magic, wolf-shifter. Al in one story. 🍀🦋🍀
Bj
3.5 "Spell Defying Love" Stars for the story and 4.5 Stars for the narration.

Reminiscent of a fairy tale like UF/PNR tale, Jaxon is an interesting, quick (just under 6 hours) tale. The debut of the River Pack Wolves Series appears to be laying down the framework for a band of shifter brothers who each have their own secret reasons for being unable to take on a mate and thus assume the alpha role for the pack, even as each book in the series tells the journey of how one brother finds his love mat
Ashleyjo
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's a little different para workings than as per usual. So, it was nice to not have the same old same old worn out storyline.

The characters are likable enough.

The writing style is well enough, although I prefer first person. The sentences aren't overly fluffed! There are, however, times that the author gets a little to step-by-step in the action and planning sequences.

The romance is insta-love, but it's cute'c, HEA, standalone, lightening pace romance.. So I expected insta-love.

The suspense
Lover of Romance
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Jaxson, an ex navy seal and shifter, is the only one of the three brothers that is looked at as the alpha of the pack. Jaxson knows that he will need to take a mate, but Jaxson is keeping a deadly secret, one that could cost his future mate. But with the dangers to his pack, in an attempt to go undercover to discover the reason behind wolves going missing he is "rescued" by a woman with only a phone. So he ends up s
CC

This was pretty good. It was quick. The hero was a good guy. The heroine was also a good chick. I enjoyed them together.

But the author rehashed a plot from one of her other series that I HATE. The heroine has to help the hero date other women to find a mare. While they are both attracted to each other. And he had kissed her. It ended up being very short lived so this did not kill the book for me.

BUT there was another major pet peeve. How do big strong manly men manage to always get attacked by
Hollie
A good start to the series

This was a fun shifter read. While it did have that "insta-love" feel to it, I still liked the characters and the plot was fast paced. I was also pleased to find this offered on kindleunlimited. It's likely I will continue this series.
Judi Easley
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance readers
Recommended to Judi by: Author
My Disclaimer: I was provided a free ecopy of this book by subscribing to the author’s newsletter. I am providing an honest review for which I am receiving no compensation of any kind. All opinions are fully my own.

~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review: 4-Stars

This book was a very pleasant surprise. It is well-written with well-developed characters and a pretty good storyline. There is violence in it, but there always is with shifters. And there is some pretty hot sex in it. For which th
Mandi Schreiner
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
I listened to this for an audio review - it was pretty good - I'd give it a B-

Full review coming
Lola
Jaxson is a great start of a new series. I was in the mood for a good paranormal romance and that's exactly what I got. Jaxson starts off as a typical paranormal romance, but slowly more original touches got added and by the end I was really enjoying this book. Both main characters have a secret that adds something interesting to the story. This is mostly a paranormal romance, there is a bit of a suspense/ military plot line that's set-up here, but doesn't get resolved. So my guess is the next t ...more
Lorna
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(RabidReads.com)The more I listen to books, the more I fall in love with listening instead of reading. So when I was able to get this book on audio-even though I already had bought the book-I pretty much jumped at the chance. I received this from Listen Up in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Olivia Lilyfield is a young woman trying to make her own way in Seattle after being orphaned at twelve. She’s gone through a bunch of bad jobs and has just walked out of her latest catastrophe of a job,
Sammy Loves Books
Jaxson

description

Sexy, short read with wolf shifters and a few witches. Not a lot of angst or communication issues. I prefer external conflict in place of unnecessary drama and this series doesn't waste time with ridiculous drama.
Coco.V
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/15/2019)! 🎁
Coucher de soleil
Pam Nelson
I am always looking for a good shifter book.
This series is going to be about these three brothers. I really enjoyed Jaxson’s story.
I like that humans know about shifters it really saved a lot of world-building for the reader and the shock that the heroine would get when she finds out the man she falls for isn’t human. ;) So yay for not having to go through all that.
I am not much of a witch person but I liked how it was woven into this story it was subtle and worked.
Olivia seems kind of meekis
Anita
This is probably one of those guilty pleasure romances that is enjoyable for all the right and wrong reasons. This book has it's fair share of cliches and tropes and logic holes, but the characters are lovely, the romance was just the right amount of angsty and sweet, and most importantly, I was entertained, and I liked it.

Possible full review to come... maybe.
Kristi
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A good read. It was a quick and fast pace story with plenty of action, drama and romance with some hot sex scenes. Jaxson and Olivia are a great couple and I loved getting to know them. I love the way they balanced each other out.

Rating: R+ (language and sexual content, some violence)
Language: profanity and use of deity throughout the book
Recommend: Yes
Marianne Boutet
It could have been a lot better. The seeds of a good book were there, I think, but there was too much insta-love, too much angst, too many secrets. And too much sex (I can't believe I am saying that).
Debra Avery
In reality, this is a 2.5 🌟 for me.
I didn't totally dislike it, but then again, I didn't like it either.
Ana
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-ebooks
Rabid Reader
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an enjoyable, fast paced shifter story with great duel narrators. It has an interesting storyline and likeable characters that all have dark secrets. There is intrigue, sacrifice, steaminess, romance and action in this entertaining audiobook. The narrators did excellent jobs, suiting the characters well and both adding to the enjoyment of the story. Jaxson is the pack alpha, he is strong, sexy and determined, and the chemistry between him and Olivia is great. I loved Olivia’s character, ...more
Teri
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I received an advanced review copy from the author for a honest review.

More, more, more... Ms. Woods always leaves me wanting more!!

This is a fast paced wolfy novel that doesn't disappoint. You'll fall in love with all the wonderful characters, even those sneaky witches. The mystery surrounding each of their ailments definitely kept me interested.

I'd love to read about Jaxson's pups!!! What will their magic really be like???

Jace... I really don't know what to think about him.

Jared... what hap
Roxy the Fury
Witch and Wolf Love

For about fifty percent of it the story was good. Then we got to the meat of the problems and it still held tight. My only problem was the alpha really let too much happen without stopping it. Not a bad read all together. I might continue the series.
Bronwyn
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've picked up by this author, I'm always on the hunt for new shifter series and I liked that this one was a little different from most.
I felt like we didn't get as much background on Jaxson as we did for Olivia? He was supposed to be the alpha but he really came across as really sweet and not very "take charge". Not saying all alpha's can't be sweet but he was just not "enough" for me. Still a great character but when your the main alpha , you just need a little extra som
Rosie Amber
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Jaxton is book one of the Riverwise Private Security paranormal romance series.

Olivia stumbles upon an attack on a shifter in a dark Seattle alley. She attempts to help the wolf, and distracts his attackers long enough for him to get the upper hand.

Jaxton was investigating suspicious disappearances at a homeless shelter when Olivia stepped into the alley. She intrigued him and he later offered her a job in his office. He also wants her help to seek his perfect mate. Both have secrets and the wo
Jooke
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Probably a bit overrated, but I really enjoyed reading this.

Jaxson, shifter and alpha of his pack, is supposed to find a mate to keep his position in the pack and renew the bonds between different packs. But something keeps him from doing so. Meeting Olivia, a girl with a big secret herself, rocks his world. They can't seem te forget each other nor stay away. How will they solve their secrets and their differences...
Sunshine✰✰✰
I really enjoyed this. It wasn't anything amazing, but I really liked Olivia & Jaxson. The story was simple and quick. There was the typical instant attraction and typical witch vs. shapeshifter. I wish the subplot of the missing shapeshifters was expanded on, but I feel you will get more of that when you continue with the series. Which I'd like to do. :-) ...more
Teri
I thought this was cute. Definitely insta-love. Pretty predictable but I liked the characters, especially Jared. I am looking forward to the rest of the stories. The pace was quick, no wasted dialogue or gratuitous sex just for the sex of adding more sex scenes.
Lyns
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting take on the shifter theme. Former SEAL Jaxson tries to run the family Riverwise Private Security firm in Seattle, take care of his brothers (also former elite military) and wolf pack, find who is kidnapping shifters and keep from taking a mate as he is cursed to kill her.

• Lone Wolf's Claim (The Kincaid Werewolves #1)
  • Wild (Devils Point Wolves, #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack Book 1)
  • Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
  • Pack Run (Highlander Wolf, #1)
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Dawn of Legend (Dragon Dusk #1)
  • Thrill of the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #1)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Breakwater: Leo (Star Bears, #1)
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
  • Fever Claim (The Sigma Menace #1)
  • Fated For The Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears, #1)
  • His to Protect (Bears of Grizzly Ridge, #1)
  • Curves & Alphas Box Set
  • Nathaniel
  • Taming the Wolf (Crystal Lake Forest Wolf Shifters, #1)
Alisa Woods, Paranormal Romance Author

GET A FREE STORY: http://smarturl.it/AlisaNewsletter

Reading Order:
Dot Com Wolves (formerly Shifters in Seattle)
Claiming Mia (Book 1)
Saving Arianna (Book 2)
A Christmas Wish (Book 3)

Riverwise Private Security

Wild Heat (Book 3)
Wild One (Book 4)
Wild Fire (Book 5)
Wild

Riverwise Private Security (3 books)
  • Jace (Riverwise Private Security, #2)
  • Jared (Riverwise Private Security, #3)

News & Interviews

“Gwen’s face twisted up in disbelief. “Well, the moon could fall out of the sky tomorrow… but it’s highly unlikely to do so.” 0 likes
“Her bare feet pounded the carpet as she ran... and his heart shattered more with each step.” 0 likes