Start by marking “Hall-O-Ween!” as Want to Read:
Hall-O-Ween!

Hall-O-Ween!

"Hall-O-Ween!" is a spooky little rhyming book about all the sweet bites and fun frights on Halloween day and night.
Paperback, First Edition - Perfect Bound Paperback, 38 pages
Published October 1st 2018 by Tia Perkin

To ask other readers questions about Hall-O-Ween!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hall-O-Ween!

Start your review of Hall-O-Ween!
Lori C
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sugary Sweet

A cutely illustrated book that mentions all the fun things about Halloween, sure to get a kid excited for the holiday. Honestly, it got me excited for the holiday and I'm 27.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Prism Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Hall-O-Ween! By Tia Perkin is an enchanting tale of a child's delight and their trick-or-treat adventure.
Sweet Halloween story with beautiful illustration
I enjoyed the story with a few spooky things, some treats, the costumes, everyone celebrating the holiday, and of course the ending was perfect. It reminded me of my Halloweens as a kid. Halloween
C.E. Hart
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This is a fun Halloween tale about the sounds, smells, and movements of three young trick-or-treaters! Hall-O-Ween! is light and fun read for preschool and elementary school aged kids with light and loose rhymes and colorful, entertaining illustrations.

With real owls and cats, pretend bats and spiders, and fun Halloween costumes, there aren’t scary or frightening scenes. The fonts are fitting and easy to read, and the vibrant illustrations are fun. The repetitious action words—Hoo! Hoo! Boo!
Sandra
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hall-O-Ween was an instant hit with my kids (ages 1, 3, 5). We've read it several times over. I discovered that my kids were sneaking it in their beds to look at instead of sleeping. My kids were also reading it all over the house. I love the bright colors used in the book. Some Halloween picture books are too scary for young kids, but this one was fun and cute. I loved the onomatopoeia used throughout the story, the rhymes, and how the book encompasses the feeling of Halloween. The word count ...more
Janet
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Huge 5 Stars for Hall-O-Ween by Tia Perkin! What a lovely book for any child, parent, or teacher! This is such a delightful read about the wonders of Halloween! Go with the children as they trick-or-treat and meet all the amazing characters along the way! The pictures are bright and the words are simple for your young readers! Highly recommend!
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
This book is so adorable and fun! Review to come.
Linda
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 2year old grandson !over this book! Test of time: He asked me to read it again right away! He loved the colorful illustrations and the key words in every page! I loved it too!
Tony Parsons
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hoo Hoo says the owl.
The leaves on the tree go scratch scratch.

What does a ghost say?

What noise do bats make?

What do you say at the door when you go house to house for candy on Halloween?

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers & authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review. Only an honest one.

A very awesome book cover, great colored hand drawn pictures & proper font & writing
Olivia
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
HALL-O-WEEN! is a delightful Halloween picture book. Each page features brightly colored and fun illustrations of Halloween events/surroundings, including getting dressed in costumes, owls, spiders, decorating for Halloween, and of course trick-or-treating!

The text is rhyming and features sounds on each page related to Halloween, including knock knock on the door, ding dong when friends arrive, eek eek for the bat, and so much more! Toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary school-aged
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS Hall-O-Ween!

Is it Trick or Treaters? Or could it be Ghost, spiders and oh no! Not Zombies! Your young children will love this adorable book about Halloween by author Tia Perkins. In this book you will find rhymes on each page and then sounds that go with the rhyme. Such as; “Tip!Toe!, To the house with the ghostly gravestones”!

Ms. Perkins also created the pictures for each page of this book and they are so adorable, as you can see in the picture above! So why not check out
Barbara Ann
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a delightfully written and illustrated book featuring the traditional characters associated with Halloween and the sounds they make. It is a fun read-aloud for a classroom or Halloween party.

There are bats, zombies, spiders, ghosts, zombies, pumpkins, and trick or treaters. Perkin places a simple rhyming line with the associated sound on each page. For example, skipping, groaning, knocking, etc. Lots of enjoyment for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary age readers who will find
Amy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My children and I enjoyed reading Hall-O-Ween!. It is a fun and spooky book. I loved the beautiful illustrations showing the characters going on their trick or treat adventure in their Halloween costumes. I loved the rhymes telling about everything of the holiday.
I am giving Hall-O-Ween! a well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend this delightful little book for children. It is a great way to get the kids into spirit of Halloween.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is
J.L. Mbewe
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have two kids. A fifth grader and a third grader. We have read books together almost every night since they were babies. So, of course, I had to read this with them.

I enjoyed the story. The illustrations were cute and vibrant. I love the color choices. The story seems geared for a younger audience than my two, but my kids enjoyed it. Definitely one to read out loud.

**I received a copy through Prism Book Tours in exchange for a review**
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
This is a great book of Halloween sounds for the little ones, ages 0-7. The illustrations are out of this world gorgeous. They shine off the page. I highly recommend this rhyming book that I love.
..Eeeek! Eeeek! Shriek the bats. Sniff, Sniff, All the cookies and candy and cider. Zip! Snap! Now the dinosaur's ready for frights. "A spooky little rhyming book," says the author.
I borrowed this book on a Kindle Unlimited website and so can you.
Paula
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hall-O-Ween

Hall-O-Ween was an easy fun read. Colorful pictures and an attention keeper. My granddaughter loved it and as usual we will be reading it again. Thanks so very much and Perkin you made my granddaughter’s night time reading a special night.
Jane
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Need this in my arsenal!

I'm a nanny and babysitter, plus the oldest of five siblings! Definitely need this for those kiddos and my future kid! The illustrations are unique and cute and just perfect. It's such an easy book to read, with just enough depth. I love it!
Cassandra
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

This book is absolutely amazing for teaching my 2 year old daughter about trick or treating as this will be her first time doing so. It shows her what to expect. She loves it
Lenoire
My favorite day of the year is coming soon! Hall-O-ween is almost here! And what better way to celebrate than to read a spooky book under a blanket surrounded by sweet treats. The book is filled with fun rhymes and beautiful illustrations. It's the perfect treat for your little ghoul!
Xavier
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holiday Halloween

Good book for the kids to enjoy the fun of Halloween. It was recommended by my previous purchases of kids books. Easy for my son to read on his own with out help. This is a fun book for all ages.
Lisa Orsatti
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter loves this

We read it twice the illustrations are beautiful. It is a great quick bed time story and our go to story
 Nyarlathotep Twelfth Month The Haunted Reading Room
Delightfully cheerful celebration of children, sweets, and holiday!
Dorothy Scott
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

A delightful book about Halloween. Children will enjoy preparing for Halloween after reading or having this book read to them.
Dawn Joyner
« previous 1 3 next »

• Can You Find My Shoe?: A Zoo Adventure for Ages 3-7
  • The Angry Dragon
  • Bo the Bat
  • I Am Not Afraid To Fail (Persistence Project Book 3)
  • 1, 2, 3, Who's Cleaning the Sea? A Counting Picture Book About Protecting Our Planet
  • Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too Book 2)
  • Alone: A Story of Friendship in the Darkness of Space (A Children's Picture Book)
  • ABC: Alphabet Animals at Bedtime: Preschool rhyming bedtime ABC book (Funny bedtime stories for kids ages 3-5, early learning the alphabet of English) (Cute children's ABC books 1)
  • The Lost Narwhal
  • Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)
  • Geese Are Not Pets
  • Grumpy Owl
  • Dyno Dinosaur Family Christmas Adventures
  • Firenze's Light
  • Bones: Hilarious Early Reader
  • Relay
  • How to Win Wimbledon in Pajamas: Mental Toughness for Kids (Grow Grit Series Book 1)
  • 10 Dinosaurs Party Time
Tia Perkin is a three-time Emmy-Nominated Graphic Artist turned stay-at-home mom and freelancer. Her first children's book, "Two!", was written for her now six-year-old twin sons - partially as a gift and partially as a coping mechanism for a double-helping of toddler hijinx!