Start by marking “Hall-O-Ween!” as Want to Read:
Hall-O-Ween!

Hall-O-Ween!

"Hall-O-Ween!" is a spooky little rhyming book about all the sweet bites and fun frights on Halloween day and night.
Paperback, First Edition - Perfect Bound Paperback, 38 pages
Published October 1st 2018 by Tia Perkin

To ask other readers questions about Hall-O-Ween!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hall-O-Ween!

Start your review of Hall-O-Ween!
Lori C
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sugary Sweet

A cutely illustrated book that mentions all the fun things about Halloween, sure to get a kid excited for the holiday. Honestly, it got me excited for the holiday and I'm 27.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Prism Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Hall-O-Ween! By Tia Perkin is an enchanting tale of a child's delight and their trick-or-treat adventure.
Sweet Halloween story with beautiful illustration
I enjoyed the story with a few spooky things, some treats, the costumes, everyone celebrating the holiday, and of course the ending was perfect. It reminded me of my Halloweens as a kid. Halloween wa
C.E. Hart
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This is a fun Halloween tale about the sounds, smells, and movements of three young trick-or-treaters! Hall-O-Ween! is light and fun read for preschool and elementary school aged kids with light and loose rhymes and colorful, entertaining illustrations.

With real owls and cats, pretend bats and spiders, and fun Halloween costumes, there aren’t scary or frightening scenes. The fonts are fitting and easy to read, and the vibrant illustrations are fun. The repetitious action words—Hoo! Hoo! Boo! Bo
Sandra
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hall-O-Ween was an instant hit with my kids (ages 1, 3, 5). We've read it several times over. I discovered that my kids were sneaking it in their beds to look at instead of sleeping. My kids were also reading it all over the house. I love the bright colors used in the book. Some Halloween picture books are too scary for young kids, but this one was fun and cute. I loved the onomatopoeia used throughout the story, the rhymes, and how the book encompasses the feeling of Halloween. The word count w ...more
Janet
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Huge 5 Stars for Hall-O-Ween by Tia Perkin! What a lovely book for any child, parent, or teacher! This is such a delightful read about the wonders of Halloween! Go with the children as they trick-or-treat and meet all the amazing characters along the way! The pictures are bright and the words are simple for your young readers! Highly recommend!
Linda
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 2year old grandson !over this book! Test of time: He asked me to read it again right away! He loved the colorful illustrations and the key words in every page! I loved it too!
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
This book is so adorable and fun! Review to come.
Tony Parsons
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hoo Hoo says the owl.
The leaves on the tree go scratch scratch.

What does a ghost say?

What noise do bats make?

What do you say at the door when you go house to house for candy on Halloween?

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers & authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review. Only an honest one.

A very awesome book cover, great colored hand drawn pictures & proper font & writing style. A very well w
Olivia
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
HALL-O-WEEN! is a delightful Halloween picture book. Each page features brightly colored and fun illustrations of Halloween events/surroundings, including getting dressed in costumes, owls, spiders, decorating for Halloween, and of course trick-or-treating!

The text is rhyming and features sounds on each page related to Halloween, including knock knock on the door, ding dong when friends arrive, eek eek for the bat, and so much more! Toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary school-aged reader
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS Hall-O-Ween!

Is it Trick or Treaters? Or could it be Ghost, spiders and oh no! Not Zombies! Your young children will love this adorable book about Halloween by author Tia Perkins. In this book you will find rhymes on each page and then sounds that go with the rhyme. Such as; “Tip!Toe!, To the house with the ghostly gravestones”!

Ms. Perkins also created the pictures for each page of this book and they are so adorable, as you can see in the picture above! So why not check out th
Barbara Ann
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a delightfully written and illustrated book featuring the traditional characters associated with Halloween and the sounds they make. It is a fun read-aloud for a classroom or Halloween party.

There are bats, zombies, spiders, ghosts, zombies, pumpkins, and trick or treaters. Perkin places a simple rhyming line with the associated sound on each page. For example, skipping, groaning, knocking, etc. Lots of enjoyment for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary age readers who will find ju
Amy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My children and I enjoyed reading Hall-O-Ween!. It is a fun and spooky book. I loved the beautiful illustrations showing the characters going on their trick or treat adventure in their Halloween costumes. I loved the rhymes telling about everything of the holiday.
I am giving Hall-O-Ween! a well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend this delightful little book for children. It is a great way to get the kids into spirit of Halloween.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
This is a great book of Halloween sounds for the little ones, ages 0-7. The illustrations are out of this world gorgeous. They shine off the page. I highly recommend this rhyming book that I love.
..Eeeek! Eeeek! Shriek the bats. Sniff, Sniff, All the cookies and candy and cider. Zip! Snap! Now the dinosaur's ready for frights. "A spooky little rhyming book," says the author.
I borrowed this book on a Kindle Unlimited website and so can you.
J.L. Mbewe
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have two kids. A fifth grader and a third grader. We have read books together almost every night since they were babies. So, of course, I had to read this with them.

I enjoyed the story. The illustrations were cute and vibrant. I love the color choices. The story seems geared for a younger audience than my two, but my kids enjoyed it. Definitely one to read out loud. 😀

**I received a copy through Prism Book Tours in exchange for a review**
Margo Dill
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Talented Author and Illustrator

This is a very well done book! The pictures are so cute. Young children will love looking at all the Halloween pictures and picking out their favorite! Plus the rhyme is good, the “noise” words work well for Halloween with a lot of creepy sounds, and it tells an entire story! I would definitely buy this print book for a gift!
Paula
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hall-O-Ween

Hall-O-Ween was an easy fun read. Colorful pictures and an attention keeper. My granddaughter loved it and as usual we will be reading it again. Thanks so very much and Perkin you made my granddaughter’s night time reading a special night.👍👍
Lenoire
My favorite day of the year is coming soon! Hall-O-ween is almost here! And what better way to celebrate than to read a spooky book under a blanket surrounded by sweet treats. The book is filled with fun rhymes and beautiful illustrations. It's the perfect treat for your little ghoul!
Jane
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Need this in my arsenal!

I'm a nanny and babysitter, plus the oldest of five siblings! Definitely need this for those kiddos and my future kid! 😅 The illustrations are unique and cute and just perfect. It's such an easy book to read, with just enough depth. I love it!
Xavier
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holiday Halloween

Good book for the kids to enjoy the fun of Halloween. It was recommended by my previous purchases of kids books. Easy for my son to read on his own with out help. This is a fun book for all ages.
Cassandra
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

This book is absolutely amazing for teaching my 2 year old daughter about trick or treating as this will be her first time doing so. It shows her what to expect. She loves it
Kristine Hope Kowalski
Amazon had a Kindle freebie deal on this book today, so I decided to take advantage and check it out for the spooky season! Great, colorful illustrations that build the excitement of Halloween night, and it's fun to read along with the sounds of the holiday.
Wayne Johannesen
Oct 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring and not engaging

My son hated this story. It didn’t have enough story thread to keep him interested. It’s a shallow story with minimal substance.

Glad we got the book for free because I’d feel cheated if we’d paid for this story.
 Reading Reindeer Emigrates To Pluto
Delightfully cheerful celebration of children, sweets, and holiday!
Lisa Orsatti
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter loves this

We read it twice the illustrations are beautiful. It is a great quick bed time story and our go to story
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
such a good cool read. i love holiday reads any ole' time ... i consider Halloween a holiday ... so cool. must read. great illustrations. will read more from this author soon enough!
Susan Raymond
Oct 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not kindle friendly

It was free and not worth the price. It is impossible to read on the kindle. Each page overlaps itself multiple times.
I can’t judge if the story is any good.
Heather McMurray
A great read for Littles

My 3 year old really enjoyed this book. Finding fun books about boos and ghouls is tricky, especially for bedtime stories.
Barbara Flyr
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

My 5 year old grandson loved it! Highly recommended for all kids who like Halloween! It was fu to read
Isaiah
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice

Great Halloween tale for the little ones. Hope she loves it as much as her father does in the future.
Pandora
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Sweet little picture book to read with younger children
Has a simple rhyming scheme that first readers will be able to read too

• Bo the Bat
  • HOW TO FOLD A TACO: Como Doblar un Taco
  • Princesses Don't have Sticky Hair: A Fairy Bedtime Story
  • Dragon's Breath
  • That Monster on the Block
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Who Wants To Play With Little Mouse?: A fun counting story about friendship
  • Silly Fluffy Barking Jumping Wet-Nosed Dog Book
Tia Perkin is a three-time Emmy-Nominated Graphic Artist turned stay-at-home mom and freelancer. Her first children's book, "Two!", was written for her now twin sons - partially as a gift and partially as a coping mechanism for a double-helping of toddler hijinx! She has continued the series with the award-winning book, "Hall-O-Ween!".

News & Interviews