Start by marking “Long Road Home (Love in the Heartland, #3)” as Want to Read:
Long Road Home (Love in the Heartland, #3)

Long Road Home

(Love in the Heartland #3)

I left home ten years ago, promising myself I’d never return to the place where I had never been accepted. I was despised and ridiculed for circumstances completely beyond my control.

But when my grandmother passes away, I’m forced to return to Kansas. I will have to face everyone who hated me. But they’re not who I’m most afraid of.

My biggest fear? Facing him.
Jordan Marx.
Published November 5th 2018 by Stacey Lynn Books

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Home

Start your review of Long Road Home (Love in the Heartland, #3)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

LONG ROAD HOME: by Stacey Lynn is book#3 in her Love in the Heartland Series. Every book is about individual couples and can be read as a complete standalone. This is Destiny & Jordan's story. Spoken in 'Dual perspectives.'

Destiny had turned her back on so many things ten years ago, but her main regret was Jordan, the boy who always had her back, the boy where she could dream about the white picket fe
Shayna
“Everywhere,” he whispered. “I want to taste you everywhere.”

Long Road Home by Stacey Lynn is a sexy, heart wrenching, and emotional second chance romance that will leave you with an overflowing heart and a cleansed soul. These characters, Destiny and Jordan, were incredible together! So much anger, resentment, and betrayal between them, and yet the passion, connection, and unbelievable chemistry is still so palpable. The emotion just pops right off of the pages and I couldn’t walk away.
Heroesinbooks
3.5 Destiny & Jordan Stars

This is the third book in the series and each one works as a standalone but it's great to catch up with the characters from the other novels.

Jordan and Destiny were High School Sweethearts. He was the popular, good guy Jock. She was the town pariah because she was seen as trash by some people because she had been abandoned by her junkie mother.

Destiny's granny was liked well enough by all , but teenage girls at school still made Destiny' s life hellish. Destiny flees
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I was falling for Jordan all over again and it was scarier this time."

I was excited to read Long Road Home after meeting Jordan in This Time Around. In that story, he was just Rebecca's brother, but I was very intrigued by him and wanted to get to know him better. I enjoyed their sibling banter and could tell that beneath the gruff he was a good person that deserved his own HEA.

After meeting the woman that left town and took Jordan's heart with her, I couldn't blame him for loving h
Nova B
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Another second chance gone wrong. Ugh enough. Secret child involved. And repetition galore. Once is enough I’m smart enough to read so I can also understand and don’t need to be told more than once.
Kim
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Destiny Jane Matsen is going back to the small hometown she left ten years ago so she can attend a funeral. She knows she is about to face criticism and judgment, but she is not mentally prepared to face him...the boy she left behind. Her first love, her protector, and the one that was supposed to be her future. Until she left him. She had her reasons, but they were her secrets. And ten years later they are all about to to be exposed.

Jordan Marx has only returned home in the past couple of years
Beneath The Covers Blog
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2018-reads
Long Road Home is the embodiment of second chance romances!

I will start off by saying I haven’t read the previous books in the Love in the Heartland series, so this book can be read as a complete standalone. I was not lost or confused about the relationship between all the characters. It just makes me want to dive into the other books as soon as possible.

Long Road Home follows the story of Destiny and Jordan. High school sweethearts 10 years previously, these two have unresolved issues regarding
Dilek VT
Apr 09, 2019 marked it as nope
The worst kind of second chance romance. Yikes!

She leaves her boyfriend without saying that she is pregnant and returns to her home town ten years later with a child she's kept secret for all those years.
Nikki ღ Navareus

***3.5 STARS***

Not too shabby. I'm not a fan of many years apart, and these two spent 10 years apart, but it worked in this story. I liked all the characters in this story. Even though I have read this same story theme many times by other authors, this one kept me plenty entertained to the end.
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

Long Road Home is the third book in the Love in the Heartland Series and while each of these books can be read as a standalone I would recommend you read This Time Around first, this is where I was first introduced to Jordan along with his sister Rebecca and Cooper who make several appearances in this book.

When I first met Jordan I knew right away that
April Symes
Another Love in the Heartland story- this time its Jordan's story!! And what a story it is! Destiny is a single mom who left her small hometown behind years ago and never looked back for good reasons. Now, 10 years later she's back to attend a funeral. And her child's father runs into her- uh oh!!! For she never told him her secret- look for plenty of fireworks and angst and drama to erupt when it finally comes out.
Jordan Marx is one sexy man who knows what he wants and definitely how to get wha
Heather C
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, oct-2018
Long Road Home is a heart warming second chance romance that will give you butterflies. While it is part of a series, it can absolutely be read as a standalone.

Destiny had her reason for leaving her home and Jordan Marx 10 years ago. It's something that has always been painful for her but she stood by her decision. Even if that meant she stayed in pain. When her Grandmother passes away, Destiny is forced to face her past and the only man she has ever loved.

Jordan wants to be mad at Destiny and
Melliane
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Here I am once again launched in a third volume without having read the previous ones. And if I’m curious to learn more about the other characters, I had no problem following the story.

Destiny has always been the ugly duckling of the city, the one we talk about, humiliating and dragging in the mud. That’s one of the reasons why she left Kansas never to return, leaving behind the only boy she ever loved. But her grandmother’s death pushes her to return with he
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
As a new to me author I never knew what to expect from Stacey Lynn but I was blown away by both the characters and story she created.

Destiny showed up in her version of hell to say goodbye to her much loved Grandma but she had hoped to get in and out as quickly as possible. In no way did she want to relive her past in this town filled with nothing but hate for her.

Jordan Marx has always been the golden boy of the town, baseball champion that went all the way and from the most loved family he c
Aaly
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Damn my heart! What a beautiful and emotional journey!

Review to come.

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

I knew that Jordan and Destiny’s story would hit all kind of emotional things… what a journey.

A journey about second chances, forgiveness and remembering what it was to beloved and cherished, to find the one that would fight for you no matter what. The sense of belonging to a family, blood related or not.

Jordan and Destiny’s were childhood sweethearts,
Avidez Literaria
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
“I was still in love with a woman who’d shattered my heart and after time, I’d pieced it back together to be good enough, but if she took off on me again, there’d be no stitching it back together.”

Destiny returned to her hometown after ten years for her grandmother's funeral. The memories she keeps of the town are not the best, growing up there was difficult, she was the target of hate and malicious comments. The only good things were her grandmother and Jordan, the popular kid, star of the town
Serena Worker
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Destiny knows that after seeing Jordan’s sister she has to tell Jordan her secret, but she didn’t expect him to turn up to say sorry. She lets him know that he can hate her all he wants but she did it for a reason. Jordan is beyond mad, she kept the secret for ten years, the years she’d stolen from him. Destiny tells him it was everything the shit from the people in the town, him having to give up his dream, she couldn’t do that to him.
Realising that her grandmother was hinting at regretting enc
Bibliophile  Chloe
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Heartland

Oh I was so hoping for Jordan's story!! And what a story it is!

Moving, angsty, steamy, romantic....I can't come up with enough adjectives for this fantastic read!

In a misguided attempt to make things better for Jordan, Destiny runs. She runs hard, she runs fast and she is gone for 10 years.

I could totally understand her need to flee, small town life can be cruel sometimes and Ms. Lynn writes it so well.  She makes you really feel the hurt and agony that Destiny felt years ag
Sheila'S Book Corner
I'm just wowed. As I sit here I can't put my feelings for this book into words. It's so magnificently written and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Stacy Lynn fan. But boy did this book take me to Second Chance Heaven....

This story is told in duel POV which was perfect cos we needed both sides of the story. Jordan whom we already met and I was already in Lust with him did not disappoint me one bit.

Watching these two brave it all to come for a funeral was nail biting. Watching them work th
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Destiny left her small home town with plans to never return, but needs to do so to attend her grandmother’s funeral. She knows people will talk about her and is prepared to deal with the hurtfulness she grew up with, but she is not prepared to see Jordan. Jordan was the only person who had her back, he was her first love and she left him so he could have a better life. She left him with a lie and a hasty note and now that she is back, Destiny knows she’s in for pain - especially once he finds ou ...more
Thuy Taylor
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Destiny and Jordan were sweethearts in high school, they made plans, college together, the whole works. Destiny spent almost her whole life defending herself to everyone in town. She was the towns outcase basically, but Jordan fell head over heels for her and protected her as much as he could. Well, one day, she breaks up with him and leaves......I don't want to give too much away, but she is keeping a HUGE secret. They are both heartbroken, 10 years pass and she is back. They have ALOT to talk ...more
Karen
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet. I'm a sucker for "surprised daddy" books. This book explained the circumstances real well of why and I really like how both Jordan and Destiny had time to explore what really motivated the circumstances and how they had grown. Destiny had the most to reconcile after 10 years away. I think everything was handled fine except Jenni which seemed OTT and like someone else wrote and just dropped it in the manuscript ?! We knew of her but that was first sign of her plus why she thought she'd hav ...more
JL Roberts
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Arc was given by author for an honest review***

This is book three in the Love in the Heartland series but can be read as a stand-alone.

10 years ago Destiny ran away from all the people who hated her, played cruel jokes on her and whispered constantly about her. 10 years since she ran from the boy she loved, 10 years since she left without a goodbye and a secret that she thought would ruin him.

10 years later she comes home with her son to bury her beloved grandmother. She never thought she w
C
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh. This familiar storyline always makes me wonder how a secret like the heroine’s can be kept. No spoilers. But this is m e - . . .
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

Destiny and Jordan are high school sweethearts...with broken hearts.  They were in it for the long haul then one day Destiny was gone. Her grandma wouldn't tell Jordan where.  Eventually he tried to move on.

Fast forward a decade and Destiny is forced to come home when her grandmother dies. There's several secrets surrounding her return.  Jordan is determined to figure out what she's been doing and where she's been. Though things aren't as simpl
Konny
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Long Road Home by Stacey Lynn is book three in her Love in the Heartland series. Every book is about another couple and can be read as standalone.
Destiny is a single mom who left her small hometown years ago and never looked back. Now, 10 years later she's back to attend a funeral. And her babydaddy runs into her smackdab.
Jordan Marx is a man who knows what he wants and how to get it. He was the towns golden boy and Destiny's boyfriend. But she left without a word and he's still angry, furious w
Heather andrews
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jordan is often times surprised by his woman, “actually,” Destiny said, “I was thinking you and me. Dinner out somewhere?” A date? Was she asking me out? That heat in my spine settled to a comfortable warmth and I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from teasing her... " Once Jordan is sated he is all one happy and playful man, "he smacked my *** playfully. “Go get cleaned up. I’m exhausted, and I want you in my arms before I fall asleep.” There are times Jordan isn't really a hard man to ...more
Tiffany Readz
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Long-Lost Read

As I am partial to the long-lost love genre, Long Road Home fit the bill perfectly. Two young loves torn apart by a bad decision, years later they are forced to see one another again and of course, there's a secret. This time, it was hers.

One thing Stacey Lynn did quickly was reveal the secret. In this type of book, it's usually the same secret, however by revealing it early, it played a huge part in the story, which I liked. Our couple was in high school when everything went
Michell Hall casper
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for Jordan's story.

But I didn't know it was going gut me the way it did.

Stacey Lynn didn't hold anything back with this story. It was a very emotional second chance romance. This book kept my attention from the beginning to the very end. I had a couple sleepless nights because I couldn't put it down. The connection between Jordan and Destiny was off the charts. The emotions and hurt just bleeds off the pages. This book was also about healing and hope. I love a book that has my
Cindy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Long Road Home by Stacey Lynn was a beautiful and emotional second chance romance. Stacey Lynn  knows how to bring all the emotion and feels to her books in the most beautiful way.

Destiny and Jordan, high school sweethearts, but due to an unseen circumstance the relationship is lost. I adored these characters, and while I've read many versions of this type of storyline, I LOVED Stacey Lynn's spin on it.

Long Road Home was everything I LOVE in a second chance romance!
A beautifully written story
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• All My Life
  • All I Need
  • Across the Horizon
  • Wrapped in Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #4)
  • Only Love (One and Only, #3)
  • Tragic (Lark Cove, #3)
  • Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • All That We Are
  • Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern Series, #4)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Remedy
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Stay with Me
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Waiting for Autumn
Stacey Lynn likes her coffee with a dash of sugar, her heroes with a side of bossy, and her wine a deep shade of red.

The author of over thirty romance novels, many of which have been best-selling titles on Amazon, AppleBooks, and Barnes & Noble.

Born in Texas and raised in the Midwest, she now makes her home in North Carolina and loves all things Southern. Together with her ultimate tall, dark, a

Love in the Heartland (4 books)
  • Captivated By You (Love in the Heartland, #1)
  • This Time Around (Love in the Heartland, #2)
  • Before We Fell