Start by marking “Wolf's Bane (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf's Bane (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #1)

Wolf's Bane

(Otherworld: Kate and Logan #1)

Paperback & ebook release of 2018’s serialized novel about the teen children of Elena & Clay from my Otherworld series.

When Kate and Logan Danvers are targeted by a pack of Australian werewolves, they aren’t nearly as concerned your average sixteen-year-olds might be. The twins are werewolves themselves, children of the American Pack Alpha and her enforcer mate.
Paperback
Published October 2019 (first published December 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf's Bane, please sign up.

Start your review of Wolf's Bane (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #1)
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As per the author: This is a YA duology that ends with a cliffhanger.

If you don't like cliffhangers then wait until March 2020 when the second book is released. Don't give the book 1 or 2 stars simply because you don't like cliffhangers.

My review: I am a huge Kelley Armstrong fan and will read anything that she writes. The Women of the Otherworld series is my favorite adult paranormal series. I have read every book and every novella. I love this series. Wolf's Bane is a spin-off YA series
Darcy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters, ya, 2019, e-book
The Otherworld stories were some of favorites, with the werewolves being the best for me. So when I learned there were new books with Kate and Logan growing up I was all in.

I find the twins to be about what I expected them to be at 16 with their parents who they are. Very smart, very sarcastic not able to put up with bullshit at all. The two of them going to came just screams that if it can go wrong it will and sure enough that happens. What is a bit surprising are the allies that they find and
Caitlin
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Be warned, the end is a terrible cliffhanger.

Told from Kate and Logan's POVs, the story focuses on a summer camp/meeting of the supernatural races. I'm not completely sold on these new characters. Logan in particular makes some choices that don't quite make sense for his character. But it's an intriguing set up, and the end made me want to know more.
Kelly Young
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely excellent. As an adult, you wouldn't know this is for teens as you read it. It is Armstrong's usual page turner, with engaging characters, complex themes and a fast pace.
I must say, however, that had I known the book ended with a to-be-continued, I might have waited to read it until the second one comes out.
Lola
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I haven't kept up with all the Otherworld novella's I knew I had to read Wolf's Bane as it follows the stories of the twins Kate and Logan, they are the kids form Elena and Clay from the Otherworld series. However this mostly reads as a new story and I think that worked just fine. It's set in the same world ofcourse and Elena, Clay and Jeremy from the main series make an appearance, but only a short one. This is really Kate's and Logan's story.

Wolf's Bane is told from both Kate and Logan's
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Update June 16th:

According to a post on the authors FB page, this book will be releasing in ebook/paperback/audio sometime in October of this year because it has an exclusivity deal with Radish until then. This book is part of a duology, so book #2 titled 'Wolf's Curse' will follow in early 2020. You can find the authors original post here.
Alison
Logan and Kate Danvers get sent to Supernatural Summer Camp but what with strangely aggressive campers, weird sexual undertones, unknown supernaturals and camp leaders who seem to be fuelling the aggression.

As Kelley Armstrong has noted, this is part 1 of a two part story so it ends on a cliff-hanger but for a novella length book this certainly packs a punch, camp fires were never like this in my day!

Strega
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cliffhanger endings are seriously annoying.

Lots of teen angst, very little explanation, no resolution, and a cliffhanger.
Scratch
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
First and foremost, I am grateful and relieved to have a return to the Otherworld. I came into the series a little late, bingeing most of the books in 2011. So then I was in time to read "Thirteen" shortly after it came out in 2012. While that ostensibly closed out the series, Kelley Armstrong has released several novellas or short stories set in the Otherworld post-Thirteen. I have harbored some resentment ever since she attempted to conclude the series, especially because she gave an interview ...more
Kathy Martin
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I have to say that this isn't a whole story. It is the first of a duology and most of the major plot points are left unresolved and waiting for the second book. However, it is a good introduction to Otherworld stories for those new to the world. It introduces Kate and Logan who are twins and the children of the Alpha of the Pack wolves and the enforcer for the pack.

Logan and Kate are sixteen and going through some growing pains. They have always been each other's main companion and
Kathleen Thibault
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans
Kelley Armstrong’s latest installment of the beloved series Women of the Otherworld is actually pretty controversial, which makes for a pretty great review!

Since the release of the physical version of Wolf’s Bane this October, the author’s been nothing less than ripped to shreds by the critics. So let’s get the obvious out of the way. Yes, the first installment of the Logan & Kate duology is short at 260 pages and yes, it ends in a cliff hanger. Armstrong stated on social media that it’s
Feeling kind of annoyed. This was a short story, which finishes on a massive cliff hanger. A total doozy. And the next book is not due out till 2020. Uncool.

The mystery was completely Scooby and a perfect read for October and I really enjoyed it hugely. Just wish the whole thing was out in its entirety. Instead of having to pay $6 for the first book and what looks like $8 for the second. What a rip off.
Debra
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Logan and Kate are sixteen years old and have their own book. This is a young adult book, so it is different from most books in the Otherworld series. And this book is the first of two books, so the ending is a cliffhanger to be completed in the second book.

The story centers on the twins having to go to a supernatural youth leadership conference. They are not happy. No one seems happy to have a pair of werewolves at the conference, and then things get bad.

I liked catching up with Logan
Allison
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ughhh why did this have to end at such a cliffhanger! Nothing got resolved! I need to know where Paige is and if Kate, Logan, and everyone else will be okay!
Nik
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I NEED answers!!

I originally read this on Radish when it was only available on there, I am so happy Kelley Armstrong decided to release in paperback too. The story flows so much better being able to read the whole book instead of a chapter a day.

Plus the paperback went a little further than what I remember the Radish copy being. I loved the Otherworld series so much and was so disappointed when she decided to end it. So these little novellas that pop up every now and then make me very happy!
Kathy Davie
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm annoyed by this one. It really should have been a full-length story, but it appears that Armstrong is jumping onto the bandwagon of authors who release bits and pieces of the whole story. The rest of it (I hope) is said to be available for release next year.

If I were you, I'd wait until she publishes the rest of this and buy the whole damned book.

It is a good story, but I see these partials as a cheat.
Maria
Logan and Kate are teenage werewolves. Sent to a Summer Camp with other supernaturals, they quickly realize that something is not right... that the creepy, vague legends of the woods might hold more truth than anyone wants to believe.

Why I started this book: Armstrong's Otherworld series has been on my automatic read list since Bitten.

Why I finished it: Great start, but I didn't realize that it was part of a sub series and the abrupt ending left me reaching for my calendar, and cursing that
Ella
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The basic premise is that Kate and Logan Danvers a pair of teenaged werewolves are invited to a sort of “interracial” summer camp where the various supernatural races can get together and more importantly, get to know each other a little better.
Although dreading what sounds like a pretty lame experience the twins go on the advice of their mother, Elena, the Alpha of the North American werewolf pack – werewolves you see have a less than stellar reputation in the supernatural community and the
Jess || WildBookBabe
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this as an e-serial on Radish and oh my God. It was so amazing!! I was captivated from the first sentence and I love getting to read about the twins, Kate and Logan. Being back in the otherworld is the best thing ever! Kelley is a writing Genius and the twins are perfection! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS and that cliffhanger was brutal! I cant wait for book 2!
Merlin’s Cove
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how glad I am to be back in the Otherworld!! I’ve missed it so much since the main series ended and always hoped there would be more - granted I now feel ancient as it’s the next generation taking up the baton but I’m still happy I get more adventures!

The same snark and sass are here, just like every other instalment. Strong women, good guys who aren’t all testosterone’d up, a refreshing lack of stereotypes and a welcome level of inclusivity- not to mention some pretty good commentaries on
Mary Heron
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For young and old alike.

This is a great book for all the fans (like me) who were sorry to see the end of the Otherworld series. This sees Elena and Clay Danvers twins almost grown and going away to a team building camp over their summer holidays. Elena was the only female.werewolf until she gave birth to her daughter Kate (who is the first natural born female werewolf) so her twins are considered really special among the supernatural community. They are not thrilled about going to.camp but
Nona
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have upset kelley armstrong....

By now we have all seen the reviews, and KA isn't happy.
I love Kelley Armstrong. I have almost every book she has ever written. She is an author -god that I shall always buy.......
But I failed to get the memo, along with many readers, that this book is a "cliffhanger".
To put it mildly, there is no closure, no ending, no nada; just a big yawning void. I never knew that was the definition of cliffhanger. The story is great, as her stories are. I was ecstatic that
Diana Brown
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was hard to rate. I love Kelley’s books/writing and some of this was really great. Reading a book from Kate and Logan POV was a highlight but I agree with a couple of other reviewers the Radish app isn’t really for me, nor am I a huge fan of cliffhanger endings although I was expecting it since that is what usually happens in Kelley’s books. I have just been burned lately by books not being published when they are supposed to be (or never published). I felt I spent more than I normally ...more
Kathryn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started this yesterday and lunch and finished before bed. This is a fast-moving tale centered on Kate and Logan, twins of the pack alpha Elena and her enforcer Clay and a very enjoyable read. Paige Winterbourne, witch extraordinaire, has put together a youth leadership camp for supernaturals and wants werewolf representatives. But everything was full, now, 2 spots have opened and there's really no way Kate and Logan can get out of going.
Once they get there things look decidedly odd. A
Nicole
It was really nice to get back into Armstrong's Otherworld universe. It feels like it has been too long since I've read these books, and I do really enjoy them.

This particular volume is novella length, and ends with a cliffhanger. However, it's enough fun (and the sequel is coming out soon enough) that the ending didn't bother me. I'm curious to see where the plot goes from here, since there are lots of things that have been hinted at and others that have only been flagged as wrong without any
Monica
This book was released as a serial on Radish and so the reading experience was more spread out than usual, which can have the downside of sometimes reducing the urgency of some of the various mysteries.

However, as always with Kelley Armstrong's work the world building was fantastic and the characterisation was wonderful. As an old school Otherworld fan it was a delight to be back in that universe and to get little nuggets of information about old friends while getting to know the twins in their
Mimi
I'm always eager to read anything about Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld, especially about the twins, Kate and Logan, and Wolf's Bane doesn't disappoint.

With alternating POVs, Wolf's Bane tells about Kate and Logan's experiences at a leadership conference for teen supernaturals. Things keep getting weirder and weirder, both with their fellow campers and also with the counselors. Gaining support from some of the other supernaturals who are not affiliated with the troublemakers, the twins form their
Jodi
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this as a serial and was hooked immediately. Kate and Logan are whip smart but with completely different personalities. Kate runs hot. She’s daring, quick tempered, and unafraid of failure. But she's also hiding a secret, one that has the potential to get her killed. Logan is a slow burn. He's the diplomat, the consensus builder, and he doesn't understand why his twin, his best friend, has suddenly become so distant. When their parents ship them off to an interspecies leadership camp both ...more
Sandra
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok that was just mean. I am taking a star off for that ending. Cliff hangers should be against the law unless the next book is already out. Incomplete stories should be against the law full stop!

So we have a great YA UF with alternating POVs from the Danvers twins - attending a supernatural young leaders camp and finding not everything as it should be with overly hormonal campers and counsellors, ghostlike visitations and ever increasing danger. I really enjoyed the alternating POVs and tho I am
Carol
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful and compelling

Back to the otherworld finally. I was hooked from the very beginning, fast paced and layered realistic characters and a compelling mystery. You don't need to have read the other books in this world, neither the YA or adult books, but this does add more to the world as a whole and a new perspective. It is YA so is the expected length for the genre and WARNING it ends on a cliff hanger so if you can't cope then wait till the series is complete. It had me reading till three
« previous 1 3 next »
Play Book Tag: Wolf's Bane by Kelley Armstrong - 3.5 stars 1 11 Nov 16, 2019 03:19PM

• Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Badlands Witch (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Hex Life: Wicked New Tales of Witchery
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • A Sacred Magic (The Wild Hunt #9)
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Caged (Blood Trails Book 6)
  • Witching Bones (The Wild Hunt #8, Ante-Fae Adventure #2)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked

Otherworld: Kate and Logan (2 books)
  • Wolf's Curse (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #2)