Start by marking “Vengeful Payback (Downfall #3)” as Want to Read:
Vengeful Payback (Downfall #3)

Vengeful Payback

(Downfall #3)

"The interweaving of characters and their schemes throughout the plot was masterful..." - 5 stars

Jane’s life is going well. She’s happy and the business is going from strength to strength. Apart from one thing she desperately needs to complete her happiness, everything is good. Or it was, until slowly and surely things begin to happen which makes it clear something untoward is occumasterful..."
Published October 1st 2018 by Athame Press

To ask other readers questions about Vengeful Payback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeful Payback

Start your review of Vengeful Payback (Downfall #3)
Diane Garner
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read.

Vengeful payback was hands down my favorite so far! Seth and Jane really did a 360, this is something I was really hoping for.

The story itself was thrilling, unpredictable, and enjoyable. Without giving too much away there are new charming little characters.

I enjoyed the other books in the series and the writing was well done. After reading this book I think the author really let loose, because it was just amazing. Whatever it is you are doing please cont
Susiej
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book! Brilliant series!!

The unease I felt reading the first book returned the deeper I delved into this one. The twists intensified and the dread that Seth, Jane and the other characters would revert to their old, gruesome ways was real.
The ending was brilliant and I honestly didn't want to finish reading. Highly recommended!
Grace
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edie Baylis has a unique way of dragging you into this series, I've not done across many authors who show the characters at they're extreme worst, but make you love them regardless.
Seth & Jane are toxic as a couple, but the passion they have for each other overrides all the dark sides & they are unstoppable together.
Read all 3 book in succession. Glad I persevered with Book 1 as they only got better
Maggie Long
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Read

Wow! Edie Baylis sure know how to keep her readers engrossed as she gradually pulls them into the story. And what a story! Love, sex, prostitutes, murders, revenge; mix them together---the way Edie Baylis did----and you get a fantastical dark gritty crime thriller.
I had a problem with putting this book down until I'd finished reading it.
Downside: the story coming to an end. Well worth 5 stars +
Joshua Grffith
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Obsession and revenge makes for a thrilling tale

This story has plenty of suspense and drama, as well as many shady people that inhabit Edie Baylis's world of drugs and crime. Life is going beautifully for both Seth and Jane, becoming more reputable citizens due to running their club but as the light shines brightly on them, dark figures from their not so distant past lurk nearby, hatching out plans to bring the couple to their knees. There's plenty of plotting and scheming as Digger and Eli
Trudie Collins
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Most of your favourite (and not so favourite) characters are back. This book has a number of different parts to the story and you are hooked wondering how and when they are all going to collide. The story is well thought out and the characters have moved on without actually changing.

This book grabs you and won’t let go. You find yourself dreading something bad happening to some characters and hoping it does to others. I found myself celebrating when one character dies because I was e
Ellie Midwood
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Vengeful Payback” is the third book in the series and it certainly didn’t disappoint! I love a good dark, gritty read, and this was right up my alley. Jane and Seth finally had a chance to settle down and enjoy their family life and running a business; the only thing that was missing from an idyllic life was their daughter Grace, whom they still couldn’t locate. Only, old foes are also after the child and the intrigue that they’re spinning soon wreaks true havoc in everyone’s life.
I particular
J.M. Ralley
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-fiction
What can I say. This series has improved with each book. Again, there’s a lot of POV changes - all clearly marked and a lot of people to get around. However, having met most in previous books, it’s a lot easier to follow.
I found this to be the strongest plot. Seth and Jane have fought to get where they are and I have loved following their story. It’s still dark and holds the suspension you expect. And more people from their past wantto destroy the world they have built up. Do they get a happy e
Rachelford66googlemail.com
Jul 22, 2019
Jul 25, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Adding book to series 3 19 Nov 14, 2018 05:46AM

• Secrets of the Home Wood: The Sacrifice
  • Faceless (DI Rosalind Kray, #1)
  • Quinn's Faith
  • Lock the Door
  • Maggie
  • Mother Knows Best
  • He Will Kill You (Maddie Ives, #2)
  • Ice Burns (Dreamers Awake #1)
  • Scared to Breathe
  • The Back Road (DCI Tom Douglas, #2)
  • Misplaced (Sacred Duet Book One)
  • Hunters (Toldar Series #1)
  • This Little Piggy (DI Rosalind Kray, #2)
  • Suspended Retribution (DI Rosalind Kray #3)
  • The Devil's Work
  • Sleep Tight (DCI Tom Douglas, #3)
  • Jaded (DI Rosalind Kray #4)
Edie Baylis lives in central England with her partner, children and oversized nutcase dog. She has worked all over the country in previous occupations - some of which have been enjoyable, others not. Either way, she has met a lot of interesting people.

Reading has always been one of Edie's great passions and is a self-confessed book hoarder. Music and the love of all things interesting and unique are other favou

Downfall (3 books)
  • Until the End of Time (Downfall #1)
  • Escaping the Past (Downfall #2)