Start by marking “Home (Deceitful Destiny Series, #5)” as Want to Read:
Home (Deceitful Destiny Series, #5)

Home

(Deceitful Destiny #5)

He’s focused on his career and ready to take on his future. She’s doing what she loves a million miles away from her past. And then their worlds collide.

Nick Stevenson had it all until one drunk driver changed his whole life. But now, he’s ready to put his past aside and focus on the present, until he meets a woman that will change everything.

Melissa Burke has spent most o
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home

Start your review of Home (Deceitful Destiny Series, #5)
HeartBreaker
Jan 01, 2019 added it
Shelves: no-rating, dnf
I received ARC of this book and unfortunately I just wasn't able to read this book.It sat on my kindle for days and I tried so many times to read it but I was unable to.
I kind of feel a little bit cheated.It says that this book,even thou being part of a series,can be read as a standalone.And to me it didn't feel like it.I was trust into a story that in the first chapter had so many characters that I forgot who the main hero was and what was his name.I was not able to catch up with the story and
Christine C
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Nick is a young engineer, starting his dream job just a few years out of college with a work trip to the Azores his first week. He meets Melissa at dinner one night, a marine biologist there studying dolphins. They end up having a whirlwind romance, that continues long distance once he returns to the US.

Complicating matters, however, is an old enemy from his family's past who escaped from prison and now Nick and his entire family are in danger. This plot line seems to be the main one of the boo
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars-Felt a Little Lost

Yeah, probably my fault I felt lost reading this book, as I didn't realize it was the fifth in a series. There are a lot of characters to get to know and catch up with, all the while, trying to stay focused on the main characters of this story line.

Nick has had quite the colorful past it seems and now that he finally is moving forward from it, meeting a nice girl and has a new job, the past comes crashing into him. Nick was an okay guy, not my taste in the bedroom, b
TheHauteBookworm
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Please note…..this can be read as a stand-a-lone as the author fills in the back story, but I strongly recommend reading the other books. The author gives a ton of information on the other characters that is only entertaining if you are familiar with the characters.
I absolutely enjoyed having the male give the main point of view throughout the whole story!! An uncommon and thoroughly appreciated change! The author did a fantastic job creating characters that had depth and substance. They were l
Mandy Barnes
Genre: Mystery Suspense Romance
Pages: 250
Rating: 5 stars
Reviewed by Mandy

Espionage, faked deaths, human trafficking, Secret double agents and slick James bond moves the book world has never seen with just enough romance thrown in to keep you hanging on by a thread.

S.E. Rose has continued the story of the Portentous Destiny series in Home book 5 in the series. With much bad things going on in the world today S.E. Rose has written a
Becky Wise
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Home is such a fabulous conclusion to the Portentous Destiny Series. I've fallen in love with each and every story in this series and Home is no different. I love Nick so much in this one and super excited that he finally gets his chance at love with Melissa. Nick is smart and close to his family. Melissa has this way about her that draws you in. You'll love her sense adventure and love for dolphins. When you finally learn Melissa's story and the tie in to the rest of the series your heart will ...more
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
“Conclusion to a series, 3 stars”

Nick and his family have been hit with a lot of stuff and it looks like its finally over, until it isn’t. When Nick’s family was all falling in love, he was busy setting up his career. But now someone’s after them again and he happens to have a woman who’s caught his eye. Will he get the girl, or will it all come crashing down beside him?

First off, I had no idea that Home was part of a series let alone a conclusion when I signed up for it. I adore suspense books
LianaReads blog
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
First book that I've read from this author and I feel like I have to read the others as well because there are many characters, situations, and layers to this story that I couldn't get and although in most of the book we get all this past action and how and when and where happened, it's still too much and I feel left aside.
I liked Nick and his way of wanting to do more with his life, I liked the heroine and her job, a good writing style, great banter between them.
I wanted more about them as a co
Danielle Monteleone
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just recently got into this series and what can say, this did not disappoint. I just love Nick and his family and now the he finally got his love with Melissa and all the drama is behind them S.E. Rose is a wonderful author and recommend anybody to read this series, you will fall in love!
Amy  Crull
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is more of 3.5 star rating of a book This book kinda dragged for me. I could't connect with the characters and while the storyline was easy to follow for the most part. I really wanted to like it but it just didn't fit with me.
Lori Rousseau
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great series.
Pat Labrie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely phenomenal book. S.E has done it again with another great book. It's a perfect end to the series. It's has everything you could want. Suspense, twist and amazing love story.
Natalie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the entire series. I love the suspense and the way everything was so connected but we didn’t see it until the end. Speaking of the end, I didn’t want this book or series to end. I enjoyed getting to know all these amazing characters. S.E. Rose has a way of drawing the reader in and not letting go until long after the book is over. This book has everything I enjoy reading, action, love, hot sex, suspense and mystery.
Stella
Krystle Smith
Dec 31, 2018
Kirstie
Jan 06, 2019

• Claiming Tuesday (The Next Generation #4)
  • Lethal (The Disciples Book 1)
  • Adoring Delaney (The Next Generation #5)
  • Keeping Quinn (The Next Generation #6)
  • Atone (The Disciples Book 2)
  • Taking Liberty (The Next Generation #7)
  • Repent (The Disciples Book 3)
  • Return by Air (Glacier Adventure, #1)
  • The Entitled (Entitled #1)
  • Return by Land (Glacier Adventure, #2)
  • The Enlightened (Entitled, #2)
  • Storm (Linear Tactical #10)
  • Lover in Lingerie (Lingerie, #15)
  • Fighter in Lingerie
  • Princess in Lingerie (Lingerie #12)
  • Fine in Lingerie (Lingerie #11)
  • Foxy In Lingerie (Lingerie #10)
  • Divine in Lingerie (Lingerie #9)
USA Today & International Bestselling romance author, S.E. Rose lives near Washington D.C. with her family. When she's not wrangling her cats or keeping up with her kids, she's plotting her next story.

She loves all things wine, coffee, and cats. In her non-existent free time, she enjoys traveling, going to concerts, binging on her favorite shows, and reading, especially if it's a good mystery or

Deceitful Destiny (5 books)
  • Island (Portentous Destiny Series Book 1)
  • Secrets (Portentous Destiny Series Book 2)
  • Bravura (Deceitful Destiny Series, #3)
  • Determination (Deceitful Destiny Series, #4)

News & Interviews