Start by marking “Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts (Spells & Caramels, #7)” as Want to Read:
Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts (Spells & Caramels, #7)

Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts

(Spells & Caramels #7)

A hostile town. A mountaintop mission. Will their magic save the day or spoil the pudding?

Imogen thought escaping the king's wrath would give her everything she wanted. But her relationship with Prince Hank is tougher than an overcooked flan and the welcome they get on Badlands Island is far less than friendly. Accused of kidnapping, Imogen proposes they prove their wort

Published October 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts

James
When you find a book series you love, it's hard not to jump on the opportunity to read the latest release. Author Erin Johnson is a fantastic marketer and has kept me interested with each new launch. Her latest in the Spells & Caramels 'A Cozy Witch Mystery' series, is called Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts (in keeping with the 3 names in the title). If you're new to the series, Imogen Banks was a normal everyday American chef until something weird happened and she was transported to ...more
Gemma
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so much more than I had hoped!
I love all this series but this book was even more dramatic and the suspense was unreal.
Like all the previous 6 books, it's impossible to put down, the characters are all so lovable too.
I loved the originality or the beasts.

Thanks to the Author for an ARC of this book, all opinions are my own.
Lola
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-that-i-own
After the way book 6 ended with a big reveal and twist I was excited to see how this book would handle things. While I love this series, sadly this book feel a bit flat for me. There is a lot of walking, not talking, no magic and the mystery wasn't engaging either. I was curious to learn more about the badlands and while partly we got that, it wasn't as much as I had hoped.

Due East, Beasts and Campfire Feasts starts off right after book 6, but instead of dealing with the fallout of the ending of
Kristina
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Due East, Beasts and Campfire Feasts by Erin Johnson is seventh tale in the Spells & Caramels series. Imogen Banks and her friends have been transported via Horace’s mirror portal to the Badlands. After revealing King Roch’s wrongdoings, they barely escaped with their lives. Prince Hank was injured and, thankfully, Horace healed him before departing. The group is now surrounded by soldier’s and accused of orchestrating the disappearance of a Captain Kenta. All of them have been hit with dart ...more
Autumn Is Azathoth
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has to be a one of a kind title! It's also #7 in Erin Johnson's Spells & Caramels Series, cozy paranormal mystery fantasies featuring baker Imogen and her crew of d friends. Traveling to a magical mountain devoted forest, of course trouble immediately befall them. Can they magic their way out? This calls for ingenuity!
BarbaraH
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Series, Great Story! Jumping through a magic mirror into the Garlands that is full of dangerous Monsters they are captured and their magic is taken away so they have no protection. It only gets better from here.
I was lucky enough to receive a Arc copy to give my honest review about.
Allyson Dyar
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
(Note: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.)

It's out of the frying pan and into the fire for Imogen and her Scooby Gang bakers (and Hank) as they escape Hank's father trying to kill them and land up in the bandlands where the inhabitants aren't particularly happy to see them.

The head guard is looking for her missing captain and figures this lot may know something or have something to do with it. She marches them back to her town and the town council (not too thrilled
Sapphyria
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Due East, Beasts, and Campfire Feasts begins exactly where book 6 ended. Imogen, Hank, Iggy, and the rest of the group fled to Badlands Island to escape the king. Hank is severely injured but recovering, albeit slowly and spends much of the beginning of the book unconscious. Before the group is able to collect their thoughts and formulate a plan, they are surrounded by soldiers and accused of dispatching their captain. Dragged into the town of Kursuri to face the council, to prove their worth, t ...more
Laura Reading
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
You definitely have to have read previous books in the series to keep up with all that is happening in this edition, the seventh book of this fantastical series. It begins immediately as the group is plunged through a dimensional portal. Horace, the man with the mirrors that make travel possible, who is also Imogen's brother, is nowhere to be found.
They know this is the land to which the monsters have been banished but before they must face that threat they are captured and their magic invalidat
Vivian
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
To borrow some of the author's own succinct summarization, this story was about transportation via magic mirror to the Badlands, a quest for a magic herb on behalf of the townspeople so they would allow Imogen and group to stay there under their protection, monster cage fights for a dramatic finale and plenty of relationship angst between Imogen and Hank along the way.

I have totally enjoyed the previous books in the series, but this one was not my favorite. While the action is non-stop and susp
Katrina Wiese
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2018
Erin Johnson keeps doing it again, and again and again! I'm going to say it again, Erin Johnson just blew my witch-loving little mind! I seriously LOVE this series and can't get enough! I tell you, this series for me is up there with my Harry Potter books...I keep reading them over and over, because I just can't get enough of the worlds that Erin Johnson creates as well as the characters! The character development in this series is so well done and the characters just keep getting stronger and m ...more
Paula Ratcliffe
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Robbins
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle

Another incredible installment to this fantastic magical series. We pick up right where the last book ended after they all went through the mirror portal. Hank is unconscious and the rest are quickly taken pretty much prisoners by the surprise inhabitants of the island. What follows is some amazing world building that really brings the story to life as we keep up with everything going on all the way to t
Adriana Meister
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another sweet treat

In Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts, we get to follow Imogen and crew into the Badlands. Here she has to deal with an upset Hank, get captured by guards of a town they didn't know existed, and go on a quest to prove her and her crew are not on the island for nefarious purposes. Did I mention all the monsters? Oh and we get to learn a little bit about Cat. This was definitely a fun and sweet read. I'm excited to see what's next and what kind of trouble Imogen will get int
Sabetha
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic adventure! These books are so well laid out, I love each one of them more. In this book we get more character development, & over arcing storyline growth plus another mystery for the gang to solve. I am so not Team Hank, honestly I think Imogen should drop him like a bad habit. But for the sake of fairy tale love, I will cut him some slack. :p Can't wait for the next installment! This is 100% my favorite cozy mystery series ever. It's a must buy!!
Nan
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I am sad to see the series end. I love each of the characters. It is was definitely a fun series. The plot was also unique. As soon as I Finished one book, I downloaded the next one. Erin Johnson is definitely on my list of favorite authors. I will be checking out her other books.

MARIAN KANE
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fine mess they have all fallen into through the mirror portal.

They have gone from the frying pan into the fire. Their magic taken away, monsters everywhere and serious doubts of those who took custody of them. Forced marches so hard you get tired just reading it. You are never going to believe who/what rescues them.
Ashley
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical

Yet another delicious scone in the basket. This addition carries a slightly different flavor with more danger, but it’s just as amazing and satisfying as the rest of the series. The best part-
Marybelle A. Swaim
Enchanting

I love these books! Lots of excitement, suspense and great humor. No type of typical porm like descriptions of live-action making, just good clean attraction. I will be anxiously awaiting another book from Erin Johnson!
Alex
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review. This series of the books was an interesting shift from the norm and as cozy and adorable as always. Good to see some progression. These are great escapist books and comfort food.
Michelle H
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great feel good, kind of magical series. I've read through book 7 so far and Erin Johnson is a great story teller. You have to be able to let go of reality to really enjoy this set of stories. Well written, there are some typos, but it's not bad enough to not enjoy the story.
Susan
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s kind of like a through the looking glass experience, when Imogene, Hank, and friends end up through the portal mirror in the Badlands. Come along and meet the people and monsters. Count on Imogene.
Brenda
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting setting for this storyline. The characters are super few old ones plus new ones too. The monster are very weird and a lot scary too. The plot has a lot of twists and turns that you have to hold on tight or get left behind. I really enjoy this book and think you will too.💖
Arlene Arredondo
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love every installment in this series.
The adventure continues with Imogene and friends facing a dangerous situation in a strange land.
There is more character development, and laugh out loud situations.

Note: I received an ARC for review and an honest and unbiased opinion.
Jeanne Vandevord
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved all seven of the books in the series!!

Every book was very well written and the characters were all different and unique. The plots in each book were all extremely thought out. Any one who enjoys a bit of magic and romance will enjoy reading these books. I did!!
Janina M. Perez
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Looove this series!

Funny, sweet different witch mystery series. Creative concept full of engaging, playful characters. Iggy,, Sam and Neko surprising and humorous delightful additions to the story. Each book worth reading. I enjoyed the narrative and wish it will continue.👍😀
Wendy Beachley
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Freaking Fantastic!!!! This is the best book so far, it has great humor, a little craziness, sarcasm, great storyline, . The new characters are awesome and of course the original ones rock!
CONNIE
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm ready for 8. You just want it to go on and on. Loved it.
Nicki Bird
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. Well written and another great read. All ready excited for the next book I n the series. Highly recommended. I love Iggy the little flame and his wicked seance of humour.
Dustin A. Tubbs
Very enjoyable

Great characters that you want to keep reading about. What next adventure awaits them? More monsters or just fun??? Great read
A native of Tempe, Arizona, Erin spends her time crafting mysterious, magical, romance-filled stories that’ll hopefully make you laugh.

In between, she’s traveling, napping with her dogs, eating with her friends and family, and teaching Pilates (to allow her to eat more).

Spells & Caramels (10 books)
  • Seashells, Spells & Caramels (Spells & Caramels, #1)
  • Black Arts, Tarts & Gypsy Carts (Spells & Caramels, #2)
  • Mermaid Fins, Winds & Rolling Pins (Spells & Caramels, #3)
  • Cookie Dough, Snow & Wands Aglow (Spells & Caramels, #4)
  • Full Moons, Dunes & Macaroons (Spells & Caramels #5)
  • Airships, Crypts & Chocolate Chips (Spells & Caramels #6)
  • Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws (Spells & Caramels, #8)
  • Eclairs, Scares & Haunted Home Repairs (Spells & Caramels #9)
  • Bat Wings, Rings & Apron Strings (Spells & Caramels #10)