Start by marking “Do Bugs Wear Shoes?” as Want to Read:
Do Bugs Wear Shoes?

Do Bugs Wear Shoes?

A fun book of questions designed to thrill curious little ones. Learn what happens when a bug goes to space, to school and to the gym. Find out how to become friends with a bug and understand its feelings. Vote on the world's most beautiful bug. Factual answers to all your silliest bug questions plus creative activities for ages 4-10. Don't miss out on the chance to bug ou ...more
Published October 31st 2018 by Two Umbrellas Media

To ask other readers questions about Do Bugs Wear Shoes?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Bugs Wear Shoes?

Dash fan
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5☆ Informative, Engaging, Educational, Fun Facts, Must Read!

I loved this adorable Book. It was fun to read, very informative, cleverly laid out easy for children to follow, the illustrations were bright, colourful and eye catching, the added lil extras such as the mini videos etc.. were such a brilliantly clever idea.

Do Bugs Wear Shoes? Is perfect for the target readers. However I think any age will appreciate this gorgeous book.
Even I learnt alot of fun facts.

It's a great read for alone reading
Yesha
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

This was an educational scientific picture book on entomology telling about the bugs and insects and different classes of insects, varieties, how bugs are different from insects, some fun facts and scientific findings.

Author has collected many info in just few pages of the book starting from what is entomology to classification, importance of scientific names, and so many unbelievable facts that I didn’t know before like- strongest, s
Alison
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a short book absolutely packed with colourful pictures and fascinating facts. A wonderful escape into the mystery of nature. Aimed at 6 year’s old and up, it would be perfect even for tiny people to look at shared with a parent/carer and then as the child matures the facts can be revealed at the level of reading ability.

Even as an adult I found it educational in a fun way. You can take as much from it at a time as you like. The book has bugs doing things that would never have occurred to
Donna Maguire

This is a fun book that is packed with facts and interesting information!

The book is well laid out, has some excellent images and photographs and I love that you get to learn as you read and explore the pages – it is a massive hit with me.

Definitely five stars from me for this one, I loved the interactive parts and there is a lot to keep little ones entertained and interested – very highly recommended – I love books like this!
Karen Cole
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Halloween is the time of year when the creepy or scary is celebrated and for many people, bugs would fall into that category. However, the bugs in Do Bugs Wear Shoes? are just so appealing, I can't see anybody having nightmares about them? This beautifully illustrated book includes vibrant cartoons as well as actual photos of bugs and its eye-catching design is sure to appeal to young children.

The book explores some of the sorts of questions children may ask about bugs and this irreverent approa
Laura Doherty
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a delight. I love how Do Bugs Wear Shoes? is available on both Kindle and also as a Paperback. As a parent with three small people ages 7, 8 and 10 this book is perfectly suited for any KS2 children. Having being sent a copy via Kindle it was great to have access to when we were recently on the bus and provided fantastic entertainment.

This book can be enjoyed in so many ways, you can either sit down and read it with the kids, they can take it to read alone, or you can as a fami
Alison
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Caroline Venables
This is the first children’s book I have reviewed on my blog and what a book to start with.  I have an eight year old son and we sat and read this together.  It is so lovely and colourful it really is inviting for children and adults.

It is a great book for children to learn what entomology is, and in general I have found they are naturally curious about creepy crawlies.  The pages are set out with clear headings and photographs, interwoven with these are interesting facts and some questions.
At
Deborah J Miles
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do Bugs Wear Shoes? is another fantastic educational book from Addie Broussard for ages 7 and above. It is written for Key Stage 2 children, with the scientific terms clearly explained.

There are some lovely close-up photographs of bugs and insects, combined with some colourful illustrations by Joyeeta Neogi and Anthony Putee, and the important facts are delivered in understandable bite-sized pieces.

Misfits farm
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read to learn all about bugs. Clear easy to see pages for little eyes and fun filled facts making learning simple and enjoyable about a subject little ones enjoy and some squirm at! There are linked video clips for further information in certain areas- like bees go to school to learn how to play. Answer questions such as have bugs gone to space and could you eat a silkworm cookie? There is a free bug art activity pack to download. I could see this being a morning spent maybe with g ...more
Jessica Rachow
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a colorful and fun book, filled with interesting facts about bugs that I never would have known. This would be an excellent book to discover things about nature with your child, and even as an adult, you’ll learn things too.

I love all of the pictures and illustrations in the book. It would definitely keep a curious child occupied. There are also links for extra information, which I think is excellent.

I can’t find anything to fault with Do Bugs Wear Shoes? I highly recommend checking
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

I read this book along with my twelve-year-old, 7. klasse/7th-grade son. He's outside the target age for this book, but I was curious to see and hear his reaction. He is a reader and loves fact books and well as novels popular with his age group.

We read the e-book version of this book together using iPads, stopping after each page to have a discussion about not only the written information presented but also the photographs and illustrations too. Both of us laughing at some of the intri
Teresa Kander
Shelves: childrens
This is a fun informative book about bugs. All the scientific terms are clearly explained in ways children can understand, and the photographs and illustrations are beautifully presented.
At the back of this book is a section for resources with a link to additional material on the TwoUmbrellasPlease.com website. Here, you will find the two videos referenced inside this book, and there is also a free downloadable Bug Book Art Pack to accompany this book, available from the resource library page.
I
Lia Brent
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
A companion non-fiction book to The Beedog that expands on the insect discoveries made in the fiction book by Addie Broussard. This book has a bright graphic style, tons of real photographs, and easy-to-read chunks of information. The book includes dancing bugs, smelly bugs, shiny bugs, bug sources of protein, frozen bugs (that are still alive), technological discoveries to help bugs do their jobs (that is, pollination), and more about entomology. Includes links to more resources and an art acti ...more
Natalie Gardner
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved the layout of the book.  It is bright and colourful and perfect for kids to enjoy and learn from.  As well as providing basic information, it answers the weird and wonderful questions that kids ask – like do bugs get sad?

The boys both enjoyed this book, especially Riley who is really into non-fiction books at the moment.  I am not sure what it is about boys and bugs but generally the grosser the thing, the more they like it!  I will definitely look for more from Two Umbrellas,
Magali
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book on insects
Very good documentary book for children. I liked the graphics and the clarity of texts, photos. In addition, there are links to extend searches on the internet. It is usable from age 6 and my kids loved the side "I ask a silly question and there is a real answer". Really excellent.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Stephanie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kids interested in bugs will definitely love this education book! Interesting facts about bugs broken up into easy to read blips. Great photos enhance what the kids are learning about. And they can click to see short video's that just make the experience better!

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
Debra Clewer
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to teach scientific fact about bugs, insects and other creatures to children. The pages are colourful, images bright and there is no overload of information for young brains. It is fun and eye-catching. Well recommended for teaching and general interest.
Tanya
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All. children will love this fun book full of different things and different tales of bugs doing strange and new things. They will learn they all have differences and can do different things

John Eliot
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully illustrated, very educational, but so attractive that any child, or at least most! would want to learn more about bugs. Excellent. Thoroughly recommended. This book should be found in every primary and infant school classroom.
Michael Williams
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Educational and entertaining

A great beginner book to help someone understand more about insects. Every elementary science class needs one and teachers need to share it with children. A great book for grandparents to gave to grands.
Jasmine
rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2018
Shikhar Agarwal
Nov 28, 2018
Addie is an avid traveler, and once went on a solo journey to fifteen countries in one year. When she encounters something unique, she writes about it. Her first published picture book, The Beedog, is about a curious insect that she found in southern Portugal.

Addie began her writing journey when she was just nine years old, with a book called Doggienauts. That book has been updated and is set for