Start by marking “Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)

Beautifully Broken Life

(Sutter Lake #2)

She’s on the run…

Tessa has finally found a safe haven in Sutter Lake, hiding in plain sight—just as long as no one asks too many questions.

He can’t escape…

Liam knows better than anyone how one wrong word, a single whisper can ruin a life. After seeing the darker side of fame, he's desperate to retreat and find his voice again.

Two people from opposite worlds, brought togeth
322 pages
Published June 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Broken Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Broken Life

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A broken woman finding her path and healing her wounds on her own, while stumbling upon the man that helps her bring her walls down and reach the sentiment of love while acquiring a new aspect of life...

Let me start off by saying that I knew from the start that when I was diving into this baby, I KNEW that the tears would begin and never end. Happy tears, sad tears, angry tears, all the tears! Catherine Cowles has that sort of power and though for some emotional romances may be something out o
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Beautifully Broken Life is book two in the Sutter Lake series by Catherine Cowles. This is my third book by Catherine and every single time I’m just blown away. This book was no exception. I loved every…single…page!!! We have met the two main characters in this book in the previous books, Liam Fairchild, the famous rock star, and Tessa, the very shy baker at The Tea Kettle. Now we get their stories!

beautifully broken life catherine cowles - Google Search

Liam lived in Los Angeles. His face was known to almost everyone, and was constantly dogged by the
The Book Bee
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"How could a simple touch undo me?"

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system....haha!! I love when a story and an author breaks the mold and gives me a read that soars beyond my hopes and expectations. This story was it. This book, it gave me a sense of calm. That's what came over me while reading this unlikely love story full of mystery and desires. Obviously I crave the angsty, nitty-gritty reads, but apparently I like Catherine Cowles' sweetness too. Wh
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 25, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance with suspenseful elements
Actual Rating: 5 stars

I have recently come to love Catherine Cowles books and this book is no exception! What a gorgeous book (just like the cover). This book opened up my heart and the raw emotion emitting from the pages left me breathless. I felt a wide range of emotions but most of all I felt pure joy. Joy that two people who couldn't be more opposite from one another found love. Joy that a woman on the run
Meredith
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GAH! Romantic Suspense is a weakness of mine, and this one certainly hit all the marks for me. Beautifully Broken Life is a beautiful tale of romance, but so much more than that. It's a story of grief and heartache. It's a story of accepting the past and learning to move forward in life. It is a story of hope and the strength of love. And it's one that will tug at your heart strings, but leave you smiling and crying tears of joy in the end.

Beautifully Broken Life follows the story Tessa and Lia
Natasha Madison
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the first page. It gripped my heart and I held my breath only to fall in love with such a beautiful story. One of my top reads of the year!
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Catherine Cowles takes us back to the small town of Sutter Lake to bring us one of the most heartwarming, swoon worthy romances filled with elements of suspense and mystery.

As I'm writing this review, my HEART IS SO FREAKING FULL! This love story was so breathtaking! So much passion, heart and soul-stirring moments in these pages.

Tessa was such a strong heroine and her story was so encouraging and inspirational. I won't go into details but in her former life before Sutter Lake, she was in a ver
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Tessa was first introduced in Beautifully Broken pieces as the shy and quiet baker at The Tea Kettle so I was really interested in hearing her story. Tessa arrived in Sutter Lake two years ago after escaping a life that she never wants to return to again. I guess you could say she is ‘on the run’ but for now she feels safe and settled living in this small town, keeping to herself. Some of the people she has met, in particularly the Cole family, have taken her into their circle - no questions ask ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
I absolutely loved this story. I was drawn in by these characters, both intriguing in their own ways. What is going on with Liam? Who is Tessa? I wanted to know their stories. It was clear that there was so much more under the surface. The progression of their relationship was gripping. The tension, the butterflies, I loved it. The attraction was instant but the build was slow.

Cowles gives us plenty of excitement. In addition to the romance, she weaves in mystery and a sense of danger. She creat
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
5 Beautifully Broken Stars!!!
Some words of wisdom you will need tissues, I repeat you will need tissues for this book. I don't even know where to begin with this review. This story is written with so much passion you will feel what the characters felt.
My heart went out to Liam. As you will learn being famous is not always what it is cracked up to be. He has come to Sutter Lake to decompress after an incident that has happened. He literally bumps into Tessa our shy and very timid timid leading l
Donna
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Cowles is AH-MAZING. I still can’t believe how new she is as an author. Her books will grab you from the very beginning and not let you go until the last page. Her books only get better! This story was so intense with what the Tessa and Liam were going through. The emotions you feel while reading this book and getting to know them and all the characters. Catherine Cowles has this way of placing you right in the middle of these characters and the beautiful small town.
Don’t miss the cha
Suze Robinson
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to receive an arc of this book from Catherine. This is the first story I’ve read from her and it wasn’t disappointing at all!! There’s a perfect combination of angsty suspense tethered with a soft romance. Tessa’s journey will pull at your heartstrings and Liam’s commitment with give you a reason to add another book boyfriend to the list!
If you enjoy romance, a woman overcoming tremendous obstacles and a swoon-worthy book boyfriend then this story is for you.
Becca
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine has definitely become my go-to author for romantic suspense. You get lost immediately upon cracking open the book and she takes you and the characters on a journey that keeps you riveted to the page and falling for her characters hook, line and sinker.

Tessa's world is a mystery to those around her. She's quiet, conservative, timid and jumpy. But no one around her knows her truth, except maybe the wild horses she helps her boss take care of. The last thing Tessa ever thought would happ
bookish_affair
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
- 4.5 Beautifully broken stars -
“𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝑺𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒘𝒐?”
Broken Life gave me a page turning experience I was hooked & I couldn't stop myself from reading it.
“𝑫𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝑵𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏.”
Tessa and Liam had to face demons that had twisted their life in a way that they were slipping in the darkness but before the darkness could clutch them they found the light in each other.
This story tells you a journey of a women wh
Melissa Ellen
This book...I cannot love it enough. Catherine Cowles continues to awe me with her stories. I'm in love with them, in love with her characters, in love with this town. The way she weaves the love story and suspense elements seems so effortless and utterly perfect. I am looking forward to reading the next books in the series!
Kat's Books & Brews
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

I’d say it’s a fair assessment to name Cowles a new favorite author of mine. This this the second book I’ve read by her and I have to say I AM LOVING HER STYLE.

Small town, slow burn, and suspenseful romance right up my alley. Cowles writing is amazing. The story line flowed together perfectly. The characters were so damn likable. My heart bled for Tessa. Don’t get me started on how amazing Liam Fairchild is.

“Tears gathered in the corners of Tessa’s eyes. “It’s been so long since I’ve had someone
Izzie d
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good story.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
No interest in others.
Hero so sweet with heroine.
Secondary characters for future books in series and updates of previous characters.
HEA.
Epilogue.

As a side note, I read book 1 when it first came out but because I read a lot I couldn't remember who was who and what had happened, it is a book per couple but there were a lot of references to events from book 1 but not enough so I could work out what happened.
The Hero in
Sassy Southern
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG!!!! Intense, heartbreaking, suspenseful and beautiful are the first words I think of when I think of this book. This is the second book in the Sutter Lake series and while it can be read as a standalone I would highly recommend reading these books in order so that you really get the whole story. All of the characters that we meet in book 1 are in this book and there are times when things are mentioned that if you hadn't read the first one you won't quite understand.

Tessa was definitely a mys
BookAddict
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-fave-authors
When I saw this book hit my Kindle, all other reading came to a screeching halt. (My apologies to the dozen other books I committed to read first.) And when I saw forty-seven chapters, I got a little giddy, hoping this book would go on and on. I was already excited for Tessa and Liam's story and suspected it would be one I never wanted to end. And let me tell you, it was! Beautifully Broken Life is a heartbreaking, inspiring read, with so much emotion I drowned in it, and enough intense suspense ...more
Kizzy
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-top-reads
Where do I begin? What a beautiful story with amazing characters.

This is book 2 in The Sutter Lake Series, which is about Tessa and Liam. I knew from when we met Tessa, she had a story to tell. I didn't imagine how bad it was though. My heart broke for her and all that she endured. Enter Liam who who's in Sutter Lake to get away from the fame and just wants peace. Who knew what he was running from too.

With the two of them together, we see a story about hurt, love, learning to trust again, beli
Nicki  (BooksandChatt)
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“Sometimes, it takes life breaking apart for it to get you where you’re truly meant to be.”

Wow. I am truly blown away! The story between Tessa and Liam is truly beautiful! All that Tessa has been through and overcome is amazing! Liam is the support she needs to start to fight again!

I am so in love with this series and can’t wait for it to continue! The stories are truly moving and powerful! Catherine Cowles is definitely becoming one of my favorites!
Island Girl Romance Reads
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I was a total goner for a girl I haven’t even kissed”

The second book in The Sutter Lake series, Beautiful Broken Life is one of my favorite read this year.
So beautiful written. I read it in one sitting. Literally couldn’t put it down.
This is the story of Tessa. A woman on the run from a abusive past. She’s a very frightened who keeps to herself and always looking over her shoulders.
Loved Tessa. My heart hurt for what she went through and she may have appeared first as fragile, but she was str
Manoela
4 Stars

Beautifully Broken Life is the second book in the Sutter Lake series and my first book by Catherine Cowles and I really enjoyed this book.

Here we have the story of Liam and Tessa two people meeting in the small town of Sutter Lake, a haven and a place to try to start over. Tessa is a character who is fleeing from her past, she is a character who broke my heart for what she went through, but at the same time she was strong and brave enough to start over.She is a character who trusts no one
Eileen Robinson
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I love how this author gives us a hot steamy beautiful romance, whilst at the same time keeping us on the edge of our seats with the unknown dangers and suspense!!
This is Liam and Tessa's story.
Tessa is the quiet unassuming baker at the tea kettle. Keeps to herself and never discuss's her past, although you just know her past is wrought with bleakness and painful sorrow.
Liam is the rockstar, taking time out, hoping to get out of the slump, writers block and gain control of his career.
Well hot da
Gladys Avilés
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Don’t dim your light for anyone. Never again.”

I simply and totally loved Beautifully Broken Life so much, I cried when I read ‘the end.’ It blew my mind away!
Tessa and Liam are THE perfect couple. Their love is unique and I am so glad they found happiness.
I love Tessa, her strength and empowerment is beautiful to read. And I like to read that about women in books. I love her journey and determination to fight for her life. I love she is independent but at the same time she needs Liam.
And the
Suzana
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+ “You make this life so much more beautiful.” Stars

*ARC kindly provided by Catherine and I’m leaving an honest review*

I loved and adored this book. Honestly, if I could I would give 10 + stars. I was hooked from page one, couldn’t put it down and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it’s my favorite book in the series. Liam and Tessa are so special to me and they were so amazing throughout the book. Also I loved the setting – scenery in this book and that it was written in dual POV. As I said before
Kari Hansen
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To the outside world Liam appeared to be living a life that most people only dream of as he was a successful musician who is adored by fans. All he ever wanted was to create music but with all the pressure and stress in his life that has become impossible, so he goes to Sutter Lake to escape the negative attention that has taken over his life.

Tessa had barely escaped her past and she is on edge just waiting for it to catch up to her all the while knowing if that happens she won’t survive a secon
Sandra
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: posted-reviews, arc
Book 2 in the Sutter Lake series, Beautifully Broken Life is an emotion packed story about two people who are searching for a bit of peace. Tessa has been hiding for the past two years from an abusive past that has made her so wary to everything around her. My heart just broke for the fear she has been living in, but she has found a home in Sutter Lake. Liam is a well known rock star who has become jaded with Hollywood and trying to find his music again. From the first moment these two meet, the ...more
Happily Mary After
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-june
If you’re not already reading Catherine Cowles, you’ll want to rectify that ASAP and pick up Beautifully Broken Life (or any of her previous two books!) as soon as possible. This is the second, standalone installment in her Sutter Lake series, and it’s a powerful and emotional love story that tackles weighty topics with the sensitivity and seriousness they deserve while still delivering a heart-stopping central romance. Liam is a rock star, who has escaped to the small town of Sutter Lake to reg ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautifully Broken Life is a beautifully written story of two people who find themselves in the same place after running from two very different situations. Tessa was drawn to Sutter Lake with a vague hope of connecting with the past while building a new future for herself.

“There was a stigma around the word victim. Something that said you were powerless or had given up. I was a victim, but I was also a fighter. I had clawed my way to freedom.”

Liam has returned to Sutter Lake to escape the dar
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend.

Sutter Lake (4 books)
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)