Start by marking “Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)

Beautifully Broken Life

(Sutter Lake #2)

She’s on the run…

Tessa has finally found a safe haven in Sutter Lake, hiding in plain sight—just as long as no one asks too many questions.

He can’t escape…

Liam knows better than anyone how one wrong word, a single whisper can ruin a life. After seeing the darker side of fame, he's desperate to retreat and find his voice again.

Two people from opposite worlds, brought togeth
322 pages
Published June 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Broken Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Broken Life

Start your review of Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
CristiinaReads❀
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A broken woman finding her path and healing her wounds on her own, while stumbling upon the man that helps her bring her walls down and reach the sentiment of love while acquiring a new aspect of life...

Let me start off by saying that I knew from the start that when I was diving into this baby, I KNEW that the tears would begin and never end. Happy tears, sad tears, angry tears, all the tears! Catherine Cowles has that sort of power and though for some emotional romances may be something out
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Beautifully Broken Life is book two in the Sutter Lake series by Catherine Cowles. This is my third book by Catherine and every single time I’m just blown away. This book was no exception. I loved every…single…page!!! We have met the two main characters in this book in the previous books, Liam Fairchild, the famous rock star, and Tessa, the very shy baker at The Tea Kettle. Now we get their stories!

beautifully broken life catherine cowles - Google Search

Liam lived in Los Angeles. His face was known to almost everyone, and was constantly dogged by the
Arini
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
standalone series

#1 beautifully broken pieces — 3 stars
#2 beautifully broken life — 2.5 stars
#3 beautifully broken spirit — 3.75 stars
#4 beautifully broken control — 3 stars

this was too sweet and so predictable i couldnt handle it. im also allergic to ott cliches, and this book was brimming with it. where was the suspense?? i needed more thrill!! also, liam needs to stop his obsession with needing to be referred to as 'masculine' every goddamn minute!! and what's with the sexist teasing?
The Book Bee
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"How could a simple touch undo me?"

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system....haha!! I love when a story and an author breaks the mold and gives me a read that soars beyond my hopes and expectations. This story was it. This book, it gave me a sense of calm. That's what came over me while reading this unlikely love story full of mystery and desires. Obviously I crave the angsty, nitty-gritty reads, but apparently I like Catherine Cowles' sweetness too.
Somia
4.5 Enjoyable Stars

Tessa ran from an abusive relationship and ended up in Sutter Lake, in hiding she has spent her time since escaping, trying to rebuild her life and the confidence she has lost, but she's still wary of people, especially men. Enter Rockstar Liam (one of the best-friends of the heroine Taylor from book 1), and she finds herself very slowly finding herself opening up. Liam for his part has found himself unable to do what he loves produce/write music, but whenever he is near Tessa
Dilushani Jayalath
Feb 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
DNF'd :( I was reading online on a site and could not find half of it. I am bummed> will buy the book as soon as possible. I was really enjoying the book too ...more
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 25, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance with suspenseful elements
Actual Rating: 5 stars

I have recently come to love Catherine Cowles books and this book is no exception! What a gorgeous book (just like the cover). This book opened up my heart and the raw emotion emitting from the pages left me breathless. I felt a wide range of emotions but most of all I felt pure joy. Joy that two people who couldn't be more opposite from one another found love. Joy that a woman on the run
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Catherine Cowles takes us back to the small town of Sutter Lake to bring us one of the most heartwarming, swoon worthy romances filled with elements of suspense and mystery.

As I'm writing this review, my HEART IS SO FREAKING FULL! This love story was so breathtaking! So much passion, heart and soul-stirring moments in these pages.

Tessa was such a strong heroine and her story was so encouraging and inspirational. I won't go into details but in her former life before Sutter Lake, she was in a ver
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
I knew I was gonna love this one even more because Liam is a musician and wow this one was sure perfect!!

Tessa's story made it such an emotional journey and her relationship with Liam even more special. Love love love them.
Radd Reader
”We’ll find our way, Tessa. Just give us some time.”

Characters
Liam (famous rock star):
Liam was introduced in Book 1. He has writers block and after a issue with a fan, he left LA and headed to Sutter Lake to find some peace and hopefully get his writing back on track.
“I just needed to get away. I was hoping the beautiful sights of middle-of-nowhere Oregon would give me a little inspiration.”
He's a good guy who hasn't let fame go to his head and he's tired of fake, judgmental people who
Meredith Wilson
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GAH! Romantic Suspense is a weakness of mine, and this one certainly hit all the marks for me. Beautifully Broken Life is a beautiful tale of romance, but so much more than that. It's a story of grief and heartache. It's a story of accepting the past and learning to move forward in life. It is a story of hope and the strength of love. And it's one that will tug at your heart strings, but leave you smiling and crying tears of joy in the end.

Beautifully Broken Life follows the story Tessa and Lia
Natasha Madison
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the first page. It gripped my heart and I held my breath only to fall in love with such a beautiful story. One of my top reads of the year!
HMS
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: band-boys-chicks
The beginning was well written and everyone needs a Gena in their life, but it became a little tropey (I realize this is my made up word) and then it became a drama fest. Liam was too good to be true, suuriously and the author maximized the cliches.
Girl please,
description
save some for the rest of series!

My but
description

It kept me engaged. Not my favorite read, but it could be for someone else. Fast, fun with some suspense.
Malene
Sutter Lake has some amazing people especially the Cole family. This is also one the reasons why I enjoy this series. Beautifully Broken Life is the story of Tessa and Liam. Based off on book 1 I knew Tessa was dealing with some kind of trauma from her past which has made her isolate herself from others especially the other sex. She’s a strong woman who’s endured a lot and here in BBL she finally takes charge and control over her past and her future. Liam is dealing with his own kind of problems ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Tessa was first introduced in Beautifully Broken pieces as the shy and quiet baker at The Tea Kettle so I was really interested in hearing her story. Tessa arrived in Sutter Lake two years ago after escaping a life that she never wants to return to again. I guess you could say she is ‘on the run’ but for now she feels safe and settled living in this small town, keeping to herself. Some of the people she has met, in particularly the Cole family, have taken her into their circle - no questions ask ...more
Catherine Cowles
Jul 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Available Now! Don’t miss the small town romance readers are calling “addictive,” “breathtaking,” and “slow burn at its finest”!

Amazon Worldwide: http://hyperurl.co/BBL
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2TPOXO4
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/BBLbn
Kobo: http://bit.ly/BBLkobo

BBL - Don
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
I absolutely loved this story. I was drawn in by these characters, both intriguing in their own ways. What is going on with Liam? Who is Tessa? I wanted to know their stories. It was clear that there was so much more under the surface. The progression of their relationship was gripping. The tension, the butterflies, I loved it. The attraction was instant but the build was slow.

Cowles gives us plenty of excitement. In addition to the romance, she weaves in mystery and a sense of danger. She creat
Heather  Red Hatter Book Blog
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Beautifully Broken Stars!!!
Some words of wisdom you will need tissues, I repeat you will need tissues for this book. I don't even know where to begin with this review. This story is written with so much passion you will feel what the characters felt.
My heart went out to Liam. As you will learn being famous is not always what it is cracked up to be. He has come to Sutter Lake to decompress after an incident that has happened. He literally bumps into Tessa our shy and very timid timid leading l
Donna
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Cowles is AH-MAZING. I still can’t believe how new she is as an author. Her books will grab you from the very beginning and not let you go until the last page. Her books only get better! This story was so intense with what the Tessa and Liam were going through. The emotions you feel while reading this book and getting to know them and all the characters. Catherine Cowles has this way of placing you right in the middle of these characters and the beautiful small town.
Don’t miss the cha
Suze Robinson
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to receive an arc of this book from Catherine. This is the first story I’ve read from her and it wasn’t disappointing at all!! There’s a perfect combination of angsty suspense tethered with a soft romance. Tessa’s journey will pull at your heartstrings and Liam’s commitment with give you a reason to add another book boyfriend to the list!
If you enjoy romance, a woman overcoming tremendous obstacles and a swoon-worthy book boyfriend then this story is for you.
Becca
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catherine has definitely become my go-to author for romantic suspense. You get lost immediately upon cracking open the book and she takes you and the characters on a journey that keeps you riveted to the page and falling for her characters hook, line and sinker.

Tessa's world is a mystery to those around her. She's quiet, conservative, timid and jumpy. But no one around her knows her truth, except maybe the wild horses she helps her boss take care of. The last thing Tessa ever thought would happ
Big Joe  Rossi
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Valerie had enough, she ran from her abusive fiancee with the help of an unlikely friend, now two years later she is Tessa. Safe but living almost minute to minute, everything she does she does to stay safe. She even refuses to grow to close to her friends for fear they could be hurt.

Enter struggling rock star Liam Fairchild. A few shake first meets only leads to more interest on his part but the more he is interested the less interested Tessa seems to be. She can't get close, especially to him,
Books Just 4 Me
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was book 2 in this series. This was an emotional story of a woman on the run from a very abusive past and a rockstar who’s escaping the negative sides of fame. This was well written and a it flowed very well. There is nothing I dislike more than an author who takes an abused woman and throws her into a insta love relationship. However, in this book it definitely didn’t happen. Tessa was very friendly but remained withdrawn from people to protect herself. Her and Liam had a slow building, sl ...more
Grahame Claire
Get ready to have your heart stolen. Liam Fairchild is going to lock it up and throw away the key. Beautifully Broken Life is slow-burn at it's finest.
Bookish Affair
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
- 4.5 Beautifully broken stars -
“𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕. 𝑺𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒘𝒐?”
Broken Life gave me a page turning experience I was hooked & I couldn't stop myself from reading it.
“𝑫𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆. 𝑵𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏.”
Tessa and Liam had to face demons that had twisted their life in a way that they were slipping in the darkness but before the darkness could clutch them they found the light in each other.
This story tells you a journey of a women who go
Ally.Always.Reads
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PERFECTION.
I absolutely adored this book and I didn’t want it to end!! I need more Tessa and Liam!!
Melissa Ellen
This book...I cannot love it enough. Catherine Cowles continues to awe me with her stories. I'm in love with them, in love with her characters, in love with this town. The way she weaves the love story and suspense elements seems so effortless and utterly perfect. I am looking forward to reading the next books in the series!
Rich
Jul 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
The writing was pretty good. Definitely a sappy love story. The shining knight saves the girl and protects her from harm. The guy falls head over heels for the girl at first sight, the girl takes some time to warm to the guy. She has issues from a previous relationship.
The story reads easy. A few steamy scenes. Likable characters.
On the negative side, nothing off path in the story. The guy never lets up on his pursuit the girl. It is love story but seemed a bit excessive at times.
A feel good re
Kat's Books & Brews
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

I’d say it’s a fair assessment to name Cowles a new favorite author of mine. This this the second book I’ve read by her and I have to say I AM LOVING HER STYLE.

Small town, slow burn, and suspenseful romance right up my alley. Cowles writing is amazing. The story line flowed together perfectly. The characters were so damn likable. My heart bled for Tessa. Don’t get me started on how amazing Liam Fairchild is.

“Tears gathered in the corners of Tessa’s eyes. “It’s been so long since I’ve had someone
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4 "Trust Again" Stars ⭐️
Awww! This second novel in the Sutter Lake Series was so beautiful and sweet mixed with the right dose of suspense. Beautifully Broken Life is an inspiring, small town romance where two lost souls meet find solace in each other. They learn to trust and not be afraid of opening up to others and love!

Tessa and Liam gave my heart palpitations with the adorable slow burn of their romance. They have an instant connection, but Tessa’s hard past in an abusive relationship mak

• Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Stone Princess (Tin Gypsy, #3)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Rifts and Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern, #4)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
  • Southern Storm (Southern, #3)
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend.

Sutter Lake (4 books)
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)