Start by marking “Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)

Storm the Castle

(Marry the Scot #1)

"Come, lass. Get on a plane with me."

Mathilda:

A Highlander walks into a bar...

My father's conference, to be exact. The Scot is huge, overbearing, and his gaze sets me on fire. He wants to take me home to see his mighty tower.

I'm tempted. I really am.

Except I just had a proposal from someone else. One that could give me everything I wanted.

Apart from love.

But when did I eve
Published March 14th 2019 by Jolie Vines (first published March 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Storm the Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm the Castle

Start your review of Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
Ana Laura
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. GOD. I need to say! Now, THIS guy is HOOOT !!!! And do you know why?
Because he has HONOR.
Because he KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS. Because he PROTECTS his friends and embraces them all as if they were one of his.
Because he LOVES and takes care his family and brothers with a soooooo beautiful love that it softens until the hardest hearts.
Because he had a shitty childhood but he doesn't use it as an excuse to treat other people like garbage.
Because he doesn't think that LOVE is a sign of weakne
Jolie Vines
Sep 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Marry the Scot series features the McRae brothers from the Highlands of Scotland falling hard for their ladies.

STORM THE CASTLE is Callum and Mathilda's story. An alpha laird and the lass he can't have.

Want to be the first to know about my new releases, giveaways and promotions? Click here to join my newsletter: https://www.jolievines.com/newsletter/
Jen Davis
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m so incredibly proud and excited for Jolie Vines as her first book goes out into the world. As a romance lover, I’ve read tons of books with a Highland hero, but interestingly, almost all of them were historical or involved time travel. This is my first contemporary Highlander and Callum gave me everything I wanted.

As the story begins, Mathilda is contemplating marriage to her father’s business partner. Not because she loves him—she barely knows the man. But she desperately wants to build a h
Fae Crate
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Callum is freaking adorable. I want all the sequels yesterday.
It was such a good read. I burned straight through it.

I cannot wait for more!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Storm the Castle by Jolie Vines is book One in the Marry the Scot Series. This is the story of Mathilda Storm and Laird Callum McRae.
Callum is struggling to keep his brothers and his castle going after being taken by a bad deal. When he goes forward to get what is owed him her runs in to Mathilda the mans daughter. Sparks fly between the two and he plans of perusing those sparks, but he also needs her father to come through for him. Mathilda is working to help her little sister to move in with
Coco.V
Aug 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-but-not-read
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/23/2020)! 🎁
nikki
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just discovered Jolie Vines books and I think it’s safe to say that I’m already obsessed. If you fancy falling in love with a modern-day Highlander, then look no further - Laird Callum McRae will have you swooning in no time.

STORM THE CASTLE was sweet, it was steamy and it was so funny (Wasp & Ally will have you laughing your socks off). There was an element of insta-love (on Callum’s part) yet it was also a delicious slow-burner that that had me craving the moment that these two finally got
J. Saman
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read! I absolutely fell in love with Callum and Mathilda's story. This was a book about soulmates. About love conquering all. Add to that a Scottish castle, a sexy-as-sin laird and a smart, feisty heroine and you've got absolute perfection. I found myself thinking about this story, about these characters after reading them, to the point that I slowed my pace, not wanting it to end. I cannot wait for the next in the series! A Must Read!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I loved this story so much!I love a good Scottish book but one where there is family involved and it isn't a historical read is amazing! Jolie really brought it to the table with Mathilda and Callum. They just jump right off the pages and into your life and you feel like you are right there living with them and feeling what they feel.

Callum is in trouble because of a deal he made with a man falls through and he is about to lose his castle and then he and his brothers will have no place to live.
Lisa
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
I am loving listening to this! Not sure if it’s the narrator or just the words but DANG! I love Callum! He is honest, straightforward and that Scottish accent is sexy as all get out! There are so many things to love about this big guy! He plays so cool and tough on the outside but Inside? He is a nervous nelly because he doesn’t want to do anything wrong and make her leave. That first KISS?! OMG! So sexy and sweet! Tummy flutters appear here!

I hope all these guys get their stories on audio! I l
Tzelina
Dnf!
Unfortunately it couldn't keep my interest!!
Beth
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want a big kilted Highlander

New to me author, I bought this book because I love stories set in Scotland. Was not disappointed and have already purchased next in series.
Bridget R99
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read.

This book just made me smile. A really fun fast paced romance. One OTT went of a castle and the woman he meets. It's insta-love. I smiled the whole way.
Jen
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will get hooked and anxiously waiting for the next book in the series. What a great story, the characters are amazing and the secondary characters that are introduced - I cannot wait to read their stories and see how this series moves forward. I recently read a couple short stories that took place in Ireland and loved them being in the present day. This book just cemented my draw and love for the country and the history that it holds waiting to be seen and shared. Laird Callum McRae ha ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Let me just say right now, for me to give a romance novel 5 stars is a rarity. Normally I feel they are too predictable and wishy washy. Not so with this one though. I loved the characters. They were strong willed and determined and cared about their families.

Mathilda is the daughter of a shrewd businessman. He is a self-made millionaire and proud of it. However, he rules his family with an iron fist. When Mathilda was ten, her sister was born and she has always felt like Scarlet’s
Space Cowgirl
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love💕 Is Timeless

Contemporary Tale of Opposing sides of two warring families coming together in the name of 💘love.

The book reads somewhat like a historical highlander romance, but maybe I've been reading too many of those lately! Love💘 is timeless, too!

Callum🐺🍆🌋 is the young Laird, truly the king of his family's ancient castle🏰. He and his brothers are trying to repair the run down castle🏰 and make the vast land holdings profitable again with a Scotch Whiskey distillery, cattle and tourism. Thei
C.L. Stewart
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Storm the Castle? One word, Fantastic. Jolie Vines is an amazingly talented author who gets you right in the feels from the very start. She makes you love her characters, even the secondary ones and has left me intrigued about their stories too. I am Scottish so I know she has done her research. So much so that she even has Scottish coloquialisms down to a tee. And can that lady write a good love scene.

This is a story of finding your fit and your family, whether they are blo
Angela's Book Addiction
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot #1), Jolie Vines's debut novel, is a contemporary highlander romance told in dual POV featuring a smart, independent, feisty heroine and a strong, sexy, Scottish laird.

The book opens with Mathilda Storm contemplating a marriage of convenience to her father's business partner, Dominic Hanswick, a man she does not love. Without giving away any details I'll just say that they both have reasons for considering a union to be advantageous. But when Mat
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
was super lucky to win this read from the author on a instagram giveaway ... she told me that i would fall in love with this Scottish dude!! she was not kidding. i am an such and audiobook fan ...this would be one to hear for sure ... with a great accent and all ... i saw the ad on instagram early ... so cool!! love it. hope she does well ... on KU ... several times i was wondering if i was saying things right ... like i try to be silly and do an accent but i think i missed it totally but i did ...more
Mary
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant, heartwarming, intriguing, romantic and amusing. Callum is a determined, protective, caring, charming and strong family oriented man who has been responsible for his younger brothers since he was 18. Mathilda is a lot like Callum, with the exception of actually having her sister, something she has been trying to change. When they meet, Mathilda had just been proposed to by one of her father's partners, Dominic, a proposal designed to clean up his name and give her a home wher ...more
Erin Knuth
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-love
Good God.

I read this series all out of order, but it didn't matter. Marry the Scot? YES EFFING PLEASE. Any one of them, but Callum? Big, strong, capable, full of love? The stuff dream men are made of.

Cal and Matilda's connection is instant and deep and almost seems fated: romance novel perfection. I love them as a couple. The added layer of contemporary highland romance (with a castle!) is like a modern fairy-tale. *Happy sigh*

I actually listened to the audiobook, and smiled like an idiot for al
Escape_in_a_Book
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Storm the Castle is the contemporary romance I didn’t know I was missing. This book took me by surprise and reeled me in from the outset. The elements of historical ‘Hot Scot’ romance that I love are meshed so well into this modern day setting. A giant brooding laird with a sense of duty to family and clan above his own comforts, a woman from a well set family fighting to make her own way... chemistry that continues to pull the two together and lovable supporting characters. Sign. Me. Up. 👌🏻
Katie
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Gosh

I so dream of a large highlander like Callum! His and Mattie’s story is AMAZING! Leaves you in the edge of your seat wanting the perfect ever after. Hot sex scenes to boot make this an excellent read. Nice to find modern day Scottish romance novels. Loved it so much that I just bought the other books in this series!
Brittany (Verge of Wisteria)
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so adorable and amazing and I don’t have enough good things to say about it! I loved Callum. I loved his family. And I CANNOT wait for the rest of this series.

Please please please tell me we get books for the Twins at some point?!?!
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. Mathilda is the ty or of person that would do anything for her family. Thatg included marrying a man she's not find of. However, she ends up meeting Callum. The gets her to go spend time with him in Scotland. They of course fall in love and get their HEA.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully fantastic... The book was amazing... It had a lot of details and juicy scenes to it... The characters and their personalities match them perfectly... The plot and the storyline was very descriptive and amazing...

shannonbookishlife
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable read, it felt like a new and different plot, not something I had read a million times before. Loved the two main characters sense of family and belonging, and their ability to adapt the learn along the way.
Lori
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I am totally in love with this Scot! This was a fantastic story from start to finish.

The hero is a hard working, loyal family man who really wants a family of his own. The heroine, goal is to heal her family, even if it means making some big life sacrifices.

When these two are together sparks fly. The romance seems to be a whole family adventure. It is a great read!
Mac
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Highlander,Callum

Great writing. Well executed story. Characters that make you love them.
This is my first book by Jolie Vines,but it wont be l last.
Shelly
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I happen to know this author personally and when she showed me the cover I had no clue what the stories would be about but I was immediately on board because come on (go ahead and take a look and then come back to finish reading this) that guy is...nice.

Mathilda and Callum are a fun couple but the story is even better than they are together. To be blatantly honest here, I've not read a good story in quite a few months and I was thrilled that I started caring about these two early on. They were
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add new cover, please 4 21 Feb 02, 2019 04:03AM

• The Favor (Ghosttown Riders Book 1)
  • The Gambler
  • Lachlan (Dangerous Doms #5)
  • Loner
  • The Billionaire's Fake Wife (Big Bad Billionaires, #1)
  • Love & Deception (The Love & Ruin Series Book 2)
  • Cabin 1 (Steele Shadows Security #1)
  • Ruined by Blood (The Vampires' Fae, #3)
  • Keeping Secrets
  • The Ex's Daddy (Forever Daddies, #2)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1)
  • Love & Redemption (The Love & Ruin Series Book 3)
  • Seduced by Blood (The Vampires' Fae, #2)
  • His Curvy Temptation: Declan & Melanie
  • Love & Ruin (The Love & Ruin Series Book 1)
  • Let Me Burn (Angel Sands, #1)
JOLIE VINES is a romance novelist who lives in the South West of England with her husband and young son.

From an early age, Jolie lived in a fantasy world and is never happier than when plot dreaming. Jolie loves her heroes to be one-woman guys. Whether they are a huge Highlander, a touch starved earl, or a brooding pilot, they will adore their loved one until the end of time.

Her favourite pastime

Marry the Scot (5 books)
  • Love Most, Say Least (Marry the Scot, #2)
  • Hero (Marry the Scot, #3)
  • Picture This (Marry the Scot, #4)
  • Oh Baby (Marry the Scot, #5)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...
“She glanced down to where my cock tented my boxers. “I’d wondered if every part of you was in proportion. I’m glad it’s not just your castle that has an impressive tower.”
I fought back a smile. “I’m glad to say I’m not lacking. Either in castle or cock...”
- Laird Callum McRae”
1 likes
“Your lairdship will do. Or God. Call me that if ye like,” I uttered against her flesh.
- Callum McRae”