Start by marking “The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17)” as Want to Read:
The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17)

The Savior

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #17)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  10,856 ratings  ·  1,421 reviews
In the venerable history of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, only one male has ever been expelled—but Murhder’s insanity gave the Brothers no choice. Haunted by visions of a female he could not save, he nonetheless returns to Caldwell on a mission to right the wrong that ruined him. However, he is not prepared for what he must face in his quest for redemption.

Dr. Sarah
Published April 2nd 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Savior, please sign up.
Saundra Jones I just finished reading it & loved it! It's not a reincarnation cause Murhder when mentioned in the earlier books was never said to be dead. This…moreI just finished reading it & loved it! It's not a reincarnation cause Murhder when mentioned in the earlier books was never said to be dead. This book took me back to the beginning with the brothers. You'll love it.
(less)
Adean I suggest if you don't want to read the 16 books that came before, then at least read the first 5, then you'll know something about Darius, Torhrment,…moreI suggest if you don't want to read the 16 books that came before, then at least read the first 5, then you'll know something about Darius, Torhrment, Xhex and John Matthew's stories to help bring some type of understanding.(less)

·  10,856 ratings  ·  1,421 reviews

Start your review of The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17)
Sophia Triad
5 I can't get enough of the BDB world stars

Soooo.... Murhder.... Who is this guy?

Basically when Sarah (the clueless, sad, lonely, betrayed human girl) met Murhder, she was obviously enthralled and impressed and she had more or less three questions for him:

1. Who are you?
“We came to rescue the boy,” the man said in a hoarse voice. “He’s been here too long.”
“Are you with the government?”
“We’re private actors. But we’ll keep him safe, I swear to it. No harm is ever going to fall upon him if I’m
Christy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

photo A7EACEFC-DA46-43EF-8B05-A62B665A09F6_zpschmv1dza.png

The Savior is the 17th book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and it’s one I’ve been waiting on for quite a while. The elusive male who used to be a brother, Murhder. As always, there are other characters who have a huge part in the book and in this book the secondary storyline was that of John Matthew and Xhex, which makes sense since Murhder and Xhex have history.

Murhder is the only member of the BDB to ever be expelled. The rumor is, he went insane, but the more you get to know
Melanie
“Grief is a cold stream you acclimate to.”

Friends, we are seventeen books into this series, there is barely anything I can possibly say that isn’t spoilery! But I will say that I have been reading this series since I was very young, and I look forward to a new BDB book every single year, and the Savior was no exception!

The basic premise of this series is that in the Black Dagger Brotherhood we follow a bunch of powerful vampires, that are in an elite group that protects humans, vampires,
Jilly
There have been a few duds in this series, but this isn't one of them. I think Ward may be getting her groove back, babies! Kronk must have pulled the lever because this was a fun ride.

Okay, not that fun.

Because, yeah, as is the custom, everyone is going to be dying and saying tearful goodbyes to their loved ones and such... but we can know that it's all going to turn out okay. Usually. *cough Trez got screwed cough*

This book focuses on John Matthew and Murhder... Yes, it's spelled correctly,
Kat Valentine
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite black dagger brotherhood books of all time!!! Let me start by saying that I know this book has been reviewed many times and theirs mixed reviews ,but for me it was everything I wanted murhder's book to be. My review will be my thoughts and feelings only, since most reviews already told the plot. I have wanted murhder to get his redemption and to be brought back into fold he was one of my faves and what he did so many years ago was nothing that any of the warriors would have ...more
Jen
When I first met Murhder in previous books in the series, I immediately became intrigued with the vampire who was being labeled as insane. I expected a very dark character who was going to give some of the other Brother’s tortured stories a run for their money. Unfortunately, Murhder’s story turned out to be a lot lighter of a read than I anticipated. I did enjoy the story, it just didn’t reach the epic heights that I thought it would. I know better than to put expectations on any book... but in ...more
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
 photo 12252A52-9FA1-4EB9-B458-F27FCDD2E5DC_zpsubz32tdi.jpeg

4.5 Murhder Is Back!!! Stars

Murhder and Sarah
Murhder is back!! Murhder’s is the only Brother to ever get kicked out of the Brotherhood because it’s assumed he’s insane. The more you get to know Murhder and past events you realize he’s not so much insane but rather just....checked out from life.

“Jeez, you go rogue once and slaughter a bunch of humans after they torture your girlfriend, and suddenly you’re a leaper.”

Murhder is compelled to come back to Caldwell to once again save someone,
Kat
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
Terrific installment! Sarah was a great shellan, and I loved the fact that this one had tight pacing and read something like a thriller for the first part of it. There were scenes were she was trying to figure out what was going on at BioMed, and Muhrder was trying to find the secret laboratory, and the pacing was just superb. This one featured quite a few scenes with JM (one of my favorites) and Xhex (another of my favorites) and while some of the conflict was maybe less intense than it needed ...more
♥ℳelody
*2 unexciting could have been better stars*

Ok first of all I didn't hate this. I was just overall bored with it.

Second, I actually liked the couple. I was one of the few who had reservations about Murhder getting his book right now, honestly he could have never gotten a story and I would have been fine with it. *shrugs* But Ward did a pretty decent job in addressing all the sordid history/loose strings with this character and fleshing him out more. I ended up liking him. He was a nice
Jonetta
I’ve waited for this story since The Thief when we got a glimpse of a destroyed Murhder at his B&B in South Carolina. He has the distinction of being the only member of the Brotherhood to be expelled. Over 20 years ago, he left Caldwell a broken and damaged man after having taking revenge on some really bad people who brought harm to a pregnant woman who still haunts him. Wrath declared him insane and kicked him out. He’s headed back now as that woman has asked for his help in finding her ...more
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Insanely good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to admit it took me a few days to get into this story. I have only read one other of the books in this series and I was having a bit of difficulty settling into the story and getting to know everyone. But that soon disappeared and the magical storyteller finally got her way with me.

This book floods the mind with so many emotions. Tension, anticipation, happiness, sorrow. Your heart will feel like a roller-coaster. You will come out feeling a bit beat-up
Penny
I really enjoyed this book.

I am so glad it feels like we are back to the old BDB books. I had missed that feeling in previous installments and I hadn't realized it until now. My excitement for this series is back on!

I feel like I had been waiting forever (view spoiler) I didn't understand what was the wait. Finally, the moment arrived here and it felt so good!

I can't wait for the next installment. What an addiction!

Dark Lover (Black
Gretel
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
you tell them, girl

Seriously tho, the series started in 2005 so it's been 13 years. We've actually achieved a longer waiting than Sirius. The only Dementors we had to fight were Layla and...Layla.
Man, I can't wait to finally read about Murhder!
Finally more Xhex!

~~~~~~
AFTER READING

So, this was different than expected. Better in many aspects. Some things were meh, other annoying, but overall another improvement but it can only get better after most of the last few books were shit.
Okay, the comments come now. XD

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5-5 's

“Who’s your daddy?” (<-OMG...that was perfect!)

This book's been a long time coming....so I was thrilled to get my grubby little hands on it. And it was a-mazing!

Flat out...I LOVE Murhder and I kind of thought I would so that's not surprising. What was surprising was his relationship with my other love, John Matthew. Those two together was my ultimate fantasy. ~Sigh~

But...back to the real world. The book is not without some issues, namely, I was expecting a more insane version of
Laura Elizabeth
Well this was just........a let down. Oh it was well written, slow beginning but picked up. Nothing bad about it other than the fact that Murhder was not Murhder. We were built up to think this guy was bat shit crazy. All the brotherhood goes on and on about how unstable he is. Then Murhder shows up. And he’s.........a great guy. Wants to rescue and helpless female vampire and her son. If fact, he makes more sense and is more stable than any of the other brothers besides Rhage and JM. So Murhder ...more
Stacie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 "Sword of love. (Bwahaha)" Stars!

So... I have to say, I'm a little torn about what to rate this one. First off, it was slow to get going. But looking back, that's okay. Idk what to say really. It was okay, not great, but by no means bad at all. There was a good story going and good characters. It's always good to catch up with the Brothers. I really liked Sarah a lot. She was kind of kickass; smart, brave and strong! I love how she stepped up with Nate. Murdher was... super sweet. He was a
Bev
So, book number 17 down and do you know, they just don't get old. I liked this one way more than I thought I would, I loved Murhder, I love that he wasn't crazy, I love how insecure he was at times, I hurt for him - if anyone got a raw deal it was him. And Sarah was just perfect for him, no bullshit, no ridiculous drama either.

Some reviews have mentioned that the first third or so was on the slow side, usually I hate that but Ward worked it and I didn't mind it at all. I think I was just loving
R Y A N  (bdb.for.life.true)
2/5- I feel like I just broke up with a long time boyfriend.

I FIGURED OUT WHY THIS BOOK BOTHERS ME!

THIS IS IT... this book it bugs me because it’s not really necessary for anything BDB. You could skip it as a reader and not miss anything about the war. That’s the problem. It’s like a BDL book, centered on 2 ships and nothing else. All you would miss is Murhder’s boring HEA and JM being angsty AF, JM. Neither of those things change the course of the war with the Omega.

This book has been
Sammy Loves Books
Well Hot Freakin Damn!!! We finally get the back story on Xhex's Ex, the missing Black Dagger Brother, Murhder!

Murhder

Keri
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
I was expecting something more epic.
Firstpella
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The, what, 247th story in this iconic series by which so many other books and writers are measured against brought back elements of the Original 6. Darius’s mansion, Fritz, the Brotherhood, the Purpose...a golden era, one that while many stories since have been right up there for me (Xcor/Layla, Thor/NoOne) have not whispered on that wind. All the core BDB are here, including Darius - Ward has stated no one will ever really know John is not so much a son, as a reincarnation but in this story, ...more
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Grief is a cold stream you acclimate to.”
- Sarah Watkins

* * *
“When do we ever know what we’re walking into. “Destiny is not a straightaway. It’s cluttered with corners and all of them are dark. We make the turns we do … and find ourselves where we are.”
- Murhder

* * *
“If you were loved, if you had people who cared about you, you could be by yourself and never feel alone. But if no one cared? You were isolated even in a crowd.”
- Sarah Watkins

* * *
“When you were out of time, you found forgiveness
Debra
This is a Bookbub ebook sale today (9/25/19) for $2.99
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Savior-Black-D...
Kobo https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-...

******
I feel like I've been waiting eleventy thousand years for the story to swing around to Murhder. Is there any chance I won't be disappointed when the time comes??

***

To answer that pre-reading question - I was not as disappointed as expected, once I got over my initial disappointment. Make sense? Well, let me explain. Murhder, the only brother
Mandi Schreiner
Guys. I didn’t finish it. I found Murhder to be so flat and lifeless. He wasn’t scary, or intimidating, or funny, or charming, or anything! And I didn’t get his chemistry to the heroine at all. No sexual tension. No build up to their relationship.

The JM/Xhex stuff was better but not enough to make me want to finish.
P
Apr 15, 2018 marked it as anxiously-waiting  ·  review of another edition
Still I’m reading The Thief and I want this right now. It’s Murhder’s book, btw.

I think it’s about time!
Jessica
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I have devoured this entire series over the past year and have become obsessed with this world. I wasn't sure how I felt about Murhder getting his own book since we only briefly met him, but I was excited for another book!

Murhder has been an outcast from the brotherhood ever since his insanity drove him away. Now, though, he's back and entranced by the woman from his dreams. Dr. Sarah Watkins is still recovering from her fiancé's death and doesn't know how to deal with the secrets she uncovers
Debra Johnson
The Savior by J.R. Ward
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4 Stars

Slow start.
A few editing errors.
Loaded with great twist and turns.
Great adult intimate scenes.
Great characters and world build.
Pace is jumpy.
Loved most of it.
Very good action & suspense.

Not my favorite BDB book & I was a bit disappointed.
But....
Not my least favorite & it has some great intriguing elements.
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
BUY THE BOOK

I think Im done with the BDB for now. This one was just ok for me. It started out pretty good but after the insta-love and professions of eternal love while fucking in the hallway of a hospital (exaggerated)... I kind of checked out.

BYE!

Candace Tidwell
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Vampires, lessers and shadows on my! I love me some Black Daager Brotherhood! J.R.Ward rocks out, once again. The mysterious Murdher is our brother of the hour and I love his and Sarah's storyline.
Murdher and Sarah are the main the focus but, as we all know, you get to all your favorite characters back.
Of course, you will have to buy the book to see what the gang is up to now. So stop wasting time and do just that because this is all your getting from me. It's the Black Dagger Brotherhood! I
Jillian Stein
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an amazing read! Be warned though, have lost of tissues handy! ;-)
J. R. Ward (BLACK...: The Savior -- NO SPOILERS 9 50 May 31, 2019 08:06PM
J. R. Ward (BLACK...: Up All Night with The Savior!!! 73 136 May 03, 2019 07:35PM

• Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity, #13)
  • Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink #2)
  • Viktor (The Protectors, #13)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
“The angel passed by the row of brothers, and paused in front of Vishous. In a low voice, he whispered, “Who’s your daddy?” 6 likes
“It was such a shame, John thought to himself, that it took death to make him appreciate the living so much.” 5 likes