Start by marking “The Hot Young Widows Club: Lessons on Survival from the Front Lines of Grief” as Want to Read:
The Hot Young Widows Club: Lessons on Survival from the Front Lines of Grief

The Hot Young Widows Club: Lessons on Survival from the Front Lines of Grief

From the host of the popular podcast, Terrible, Thanks for Asking, comes a wise, humorous roadmap and caring resource for anyone going through the loss of a loved one—or even a difficult life moment.

In the span of a few weeks, thirty-something Nora McInerny had a miscarriage, lost her father to cancer, and lost her husband due to a brain tumor. Her life fell apart.

What Nor
Expected publication: April 30th 2019 by Simon Schuster/ TED

To ask other readers questions about The Hot Young Widows Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hot Young Widows Club

Emily
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I was 27 years old, a peer of mine tragically lost her young husband to a heart attack. She had two young children and a life that changed drastically overnight. Her seemingly healthy husband was gone. The first time I saw her after his death, I literally crossed the street to avoid talking to her because I simply didn't know what to say. I've experienced many more deaths since this event, some expected and some not, so I've learned what to say, but I feel even better equipped now that I've ...more
Rebecca
(3.5) In June 2016 I read It’s Okay to Laugh (Crying Is Cool Too), McInerny’s memoir about losing her father and her husband to cancer and her second child to a miscarriage – all within a few weeks – when she was 31. In this short book, an expansion of her TED talk, she argues that we are all incompetent when it comes to grief. There’s no rule book for how to do it well or how to help other people who are experiencing a bereavement, and comparing one loss to another doesn’t help anyone. All the ...more
Gretchen Rubin
A fascinating consideration of the question: how do you survive grief? It inspired me to listen to McInerny's podcast, "Terrible, Thanks for Asking."
Jaime
Feb 23, 2019
Evanne
Apr 09, 2019
Karen Andriolo
Jan 21, 2019
Augie's  Bookshelf
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often that I read an entire book in one sitting, but Hot Young Widows Club by Nora McInerny is one of those books that I just couldn’t put down. The book starts with Nora telling the reader about her hardships. In the span of only a few weeks, Nora lost her husband, her father, and the baby growing inside of her belly. I cannot fathom having to go through something such as this, and how Nora was able to write this book after experiencing all of those losses is incredible in itself.

Hot Y