Start by marking “Tuning It Out (Young Spades #3)” as Want to Read:
Tuning It Out (Young Spades #3)

Tuning It Out

(Young Spades #3)

Trick Thomas has it all: a great family, a tight-knit group of friends, and a promising future. Tired of the go-nowhere music scene in Boulder, Colorado, Trick and his up-and-coming indie rock band Young Spades are headed to California with dreams of making it big in L.A. and nothing is going to get in his way.

Noah Reed is inches from finishing graduate school, married to
Published October 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Tuning It Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tuning It Out

Kirstin
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I love a fun band romance and this series has been awesome. I feel like each book can be read as a stand alone, which is fantastic.

In this story, the keyboardist for Young Spades is the MC. Pa(Trick) is still living at home in his parent's basement waiting for the band's big break. He's got a younger brother, Colby, who has autism and is the primary focus of the family. When his parents go on vacation, Trick takes him to all of his appointments and therapies where he can't help but notice Noah.
Kat
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first Riley Long so I wasn't sure what to expect. The writing is good and the editing is good so no worries about pacing, grammar, etc. The MCs are in an interesting situation. I'm all for suspending disbelief and you're going to need to here.

I won't give away plot details. It just seemed like some of the roadblocks were less blocky and more like a speed bump than was intended. The plot resolution was easy and the family situations for both MC'S resolved pretty simply. The highlight o
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Book three of the Young Spades series, and I would read the previous stories, just for the returning characters and what not. Throughout books one and two, we didn't really get to know much about Trick. We know that the band only has a few months left until they leave to pursue their dream in L.A., so now isn't a good time to be finding someone that is based in Colorado and starting a relationship. There is just something about Noah that makes Trick want to try, even
Kirsty Mckenzie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read book two in this series and absolutely loved it, I still need to go back and read book one. So when I finished book two I hoped so hard that Trick got his turn at love aswell because I absolutely loved his character and couldn't wait to see him get a hea. So I was extremely excited whe this book became available to me to read.
It was everything I hoped for. As always the journey we go on is sometimes sad, happy and exciting but ultimately it is about the two characters learning to kn
R
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, m-m, series
Noah is a married man. He’s known he was gay for a long time. His wife wants to stay married for the sake of her family, which is ok until he meets Trick. Trick has his band, his job, and his autistic brother to occupy his time. When he agrees to date Noah he doesn’t expect to start to care for him. Their futures seem to be planned out, they just hadn’t counted on each other.

This is the third book in the series. It’s an ok book, just not quite as good as the others. Even though Noah feels he has
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in this great series. Trick is the keyboardist for the band, and has always been aware of what he is and what he wants. Noah is married to his high school sweetheart, and when he is conflicted by his feelings for Trick, he cannot deny the attraction anymore. Does Noah finally admit to being gay publically? No spoilers, this is a must read, you will not be disappointed. I was intrigued and hooked throughout this story, and look forward to reading more from this talented aut ...more
michelle Shelly
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trick is my favorite character from this series and I really enjoyed he and Noah’s story. The sexy keyboard player meets the married man who’s dedicated his time in helping kids like Tricks brother.

I think Noah is just what Trick needs and even though things are complicated I really love them together. This is a quick read that is both entertaining and sexy. If m/m is your thing then Check this out.
Virginia Lee
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the series. This story has some twist & turn with all the emotions. Noah has to make a hard decision of what he wants in his life. All is thrown out the window when he meets Tricks. The way the characters are written with all of every day issues and how they were able to over come them. Highly Recommend this book and series
Tanya
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He has it all and they are heading to California to try to hit the big time. She is trying to keep her marriage alive while looking after her ill father. What is going to happen to them all

Allisyn
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great read from Riley Long!! I've loved this whole series and Trick is no different!! I love him and Noah together!! The twists and turns were good. I'm adding them both to my harem, I'll be a great voyeur!!
Shirin Rasheed
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tuning It Out is the Third Book in Young Spades Series and It was really good. I Loved the characters and the story was well written.

I Highly Recommend it to all Readers to grab this series now.
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

I really loved the other two books and this one definitely didn’t disappoint.
Kristina
Monique
Dec 02, 2018
Stina Andersen
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tuning It Out, is the third book in the Young Spades series by Riley Long.
We're following Trick, the band's keyboard player. Only a couple of months before they're leaving for LA, he meets Noah. One problem though, Noah is married to his high school sweetheart.

Tuning It Out, is a sweet and enjoyable read.

-Stina, A Woman & Her Books.
Carla Davis
Felicia
Feb 13, 2019
Denis
Apr 01, 2019
Riley lives in central Virginia with her husband, son, and very silly dogs.

Young Spades (3 books)
  • Pulling Strings (Young Spades #1)
  • Facing the Beat (Young Spades #2)