Start by marking “In the Lurch (In the Lurch, #1)” as Want to Read:
In the Lurch (In the Lurch, #1)

In the Lurch

(In the Lurch #1)

You've been replaced.

Once a machine could do as much work as three men, the labor force was quickly replaced by much more efficient androids. As the number of robots grew, jobs disappeared, and everyone in the middle class found themselves obsolete. The wealthiest few prosper, but most of humanity was thrown into extreme poverty.

Leona lives a life of privilege, while Roeme
Published November 6th 2018 by Beth Martin Books

To ask other readers questions about In the Lurch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Lurch

Suz Thackston
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quit
Nope. 50 pages in and nothing has interested me yet. Writing's okay, plot might be pretty good, but neither the characters nor the writing are drawing me in at all.
Next!
Pat Eroh
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had trouble with the first section. I guess I am a prude by today's standards but sex in my life is wonderful thank you and I would prefer not to read about it. But once past that prelude, the story was absolutely fabulous, with that part maybe a little bit necessary to the story. I do not believe in giving any part of the story in a review because the author wrote it and I can only tell you my opinion of it. In this case, it was fantastic.

The differences in living conditions between poor and
wendy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am giving my honest review because I was given the opportunity to read this arc copy.

We all can relate to how Tina feels about the rich people but she should not be destroying their lives and property like she is. There are other ways to get your point across. Now with Roemell who is part of a settlement that are poor and have to fight for what they want.
Leona was rich and had robots wait on her for everything she needed. Technology ruled her every minute and she never knew how to get by witho
Tanya
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Robots can do the jobs of three men so they grow and the middle class loses more jobs. Now there is a group whichever the very rich who have not be affected. She is part of the rich and he is part of the poor. Through losing things they are joined together. What will happen next? Can life get better again? See what will happen

S.M. Pearce
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! The characters were real and human, and the plot kept me turning page after page!

This is the first book I’ve read by Beth Martin, and I can’t wait to read more! I couldn’t have loved the character relationships and dynamics more! I really related to how Roemell fought to protect his sister. (who doesn’t want more sibling love in books??) and Leona had a great character arc.

This isn’t my typical genre or age-range, so I went in doubting how much I would enjoy it, bu
Meghan Sommers
Apr 09, 2019
Vickie
is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2019
Beth Martin has her degree in mathematics and enjoys all things numbers. She's always up for a board game. Other hobbies include playing the piano and making quilts. Although she's terrible at video games, she loves watching her husband play.

Most of her time is spent chasing her two adorable children. She also has two fluffy cats.

In the Lurch (2 books)
  • In the Midst (In the Lurch, #2)