Start by marking “Nena (The Viking Treasure Huntress, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nena  (The Viking Treasure Huntress, #1)

Nena

(The Viking Treasure Huntress #1)

GOLD MEDAL WINNER - 2019 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards!
2019 IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree!
Voted TOP 4 "Best Viking Romances" Listopia on Goodreads!

Under the fiery Middle Eastern sun, two enemy worlds collide.

Jarl, a powerful Viking leader, returns to the rich lands near the Caspian Sea at the helm of his magnificent new longship, The Treasure Huntress. His for
Published September 27th 2018 by Trademark Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Nena, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nena

Start your review of Nena (The Viking Treasure Huntress, #1)
Ashley Nicole
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really fresh and gritty take on the “Viking/conquerer takes a slave lover/wife” trope. Ann Boelter pulls no punches on how terrible it must have been to be a woman living in these times. In fact there were truths and realities that were sometimes hard to read - be warned.
In fact, I’m rounding this up to 5 from 4.5 because this was such a well-researched, well-written and realistic feeling tale that is so engaging you can’t stop reading. But there were moments towards the beginning th
Alina
Jun 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was a terrible book for the sole reason that the hero spent 1/2 the book sleeping with another woman as the heroine was forced to watch. IDK why anyone would think this is interesting to add to the story but the fact that the lady was also smug and the hero chided the heroine to not be rude to her made me want to puke. I think the author wanted us to pity the woman he kept on sleeping with because she is only a slave but no its disgusting. Add to it the lady even tells the heroine how he is ...more
Elizabeth Stephens
Warrior romance 5 star read

I have been looking for a forced proximity warrior romance for freaking ever and I finally found it!!! This book is incredible. I love the male character so much! If you like powerful alphas utterly devoted to their fierce fiery powerful heroines then this book is the one for you !
K.J. Simmill
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nena knew the gods would one day choose a man for her, but at nineteen it seemed they were waiting. In earnest, Nena had no qualms about this delay. She loved her life as a warrior, the feel of a weapon in her hand, the thrill of battle. All the things she loved about her life would cease to be when the gods revealed the one they chose for her. The gods had their methods, but she had never expected the attack on a friendly tournament to be part of their plan. She had intended to fight to the dea ...more
Cheryl
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, impeccably researched, this first-in-series is also a debut novel.

Now and then, a story captures me so thoroughly that I literally can't put it down, and despite work obligations the next day, I sometimes (rarely) pull an all-nighter to finish it. Reading Nena was one of those times. Events pulled me along, unable to stop turning pages, until the romance, which couldn't possibly end well, (could it?) finally did. Since it's a romance and required to have a HEA, I don't thin
Tracey A
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I actually took a day off work to finish reading this book after I started it the night before! I loved the shipbuilder & his wife so much, their tender communications made me cry. You know the author understands tested and true love. As she convinces him to build Jarl's ship, and as the work begins, the pride actually swells in her as he finds purpose --- and the little nuances the writer portrays is absolutely perfect. The book was an incredibly fun read, with great conversations (I hate stilt ...more
Leyka Rosario
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow

This is one of those books that when you finish it you just want to go back and start reading it again. This is a stunning book, easy to read, to understand and so freshhhhh, thought its fantasy its psychological intense, making it feel almost real, the way the author portraits the emotions of the main character and questions and choices she is faced with makes it hard to put the book down. I just cant wait to read more from this author. Read this book , buy it and support the author.
Krystina Bennett
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ann Boelter is an exceptional writer. I cannot wait for the next novel in the series. The book grabbed me from the first page--the introduction had me crying. From then on, I could not put down the book. The romance feels real; not contrived. But written in very good taste. I recommend this book to anyone who likes historical romances, especially Viking.
Amanda
* I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway*

This book was a delight! I couldn’t wait to see how the issues resolved themselves in the end. It will keep you on your toes for sure! I also really appreciated how tactful the author in the romance section of this book.
Jenlee Meador
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fierce love

When warriors fall in love, they begin the greatest battle of their lifetime. The greatest treasure is always worth fighting tooth and nail for. Blessed by the Gods, they charge foward to fight for each other. Wonderful story. It was jusf as the bards would sing.
Romelia Gonzalez
Loved the story

I was very enchanted with this story it had everything a good story should have love ❤️,drama,action.sadness, and very strong leading lady. I would totally recommend this book.
Mary
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Throughly enjoyed the storyline and read
Ann Boelter
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you enjoy period pieces like Game of Thrones, The Last Kingdom, or The History Channel's Vikings, but wish they had more emphasis on romance, you'll love this book!
Jasmin Kahn
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book! Hope there will be another with the same characters. :)
Angelica Hernandez
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Very well written love all the characters and everything in the story felt into place. Cannot wait for the next book
gj indieBRAG
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that NENA (The Viking Treasure Huntress Series - Book 1) by Ann Boelter is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
lorraine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read. I really enjoyed the storyline and characters and I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Belis Trikis
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I really liked that she is a strong female character who knows how to fight and pursuit what she wants.
Susan The Book Dragon Campton
Welcome to Throwback Thursday my fellow Book Dragons, our last for this year. And we are going far back. The end of the 9th Century, in fact. This Gem is quite beautiful, like a piece of Aquamarine held in the light of a sky just after a storm. It glows a silken, shimmering blue-green. When you clutch it in your claw you can feel the power of destiny vibrating from it, what does it hold for you? Adventure? Romance? Treasure? Danger? All of them? This Gem is “Nena” by Gem Maker Ann Boelter.
“Nena”
Brittiany
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!! I absolutely loved it!!!!
Sheena Swain
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want to vote, this book should definitely be number 1!!
Rebecca
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, and a fast read. Wonderful engaging characters.I couldn’t put it down!
Valerie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page Turner

I loved this book and could not put it down. Reminded me of books from authors like Rebecca Brandywine back in the day. Most enjoyable!
Shannon Fl
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story - worth your time!

Good writing, well-developed characters, and a good read. It was a little clunky with the cohesion between the boat and the rest of the story - I think that needed to play a larger part throughout the book, and I would have liked to learn more about the Teclan secondary characters - they felt rushed to me. Wish the book would have been longer, as the story was engaging and could have easily filled 200 more pages with more detail. Overall, a good read; hoping to see
Flossie
May 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I loved some aspects of this book, one being the beginning it was sad and beautiful all whilst not really knowing all that much much about these two characters (Liela +Sigurd). But after that the book is not easy to get through I thought the main characters were dull and nothing keeping me glued to the page or my attention on the story.
But then again I prefer a balance of action and fighting and romance in Viking books this was more on the romance side so wasn’t for me.
Tobo
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It's exactly what I've been looking for! Strong, smart heroine is captured by enemy alpha male and doesn't instantly fall head over heels for him, instead she tries to find a way to kill him. (I hate those books where 5 minutes after an invader has killed the heroine's family, she's thinking how handsome he is. Really? ) Nena and Jarl are so well matched and so equally determined, I couldn't stop reading to see how it was going to end. The scheming "other woman" only added to th ...more
R. Janet
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Viking romance I've ever read. I highly recommend this book and can't wait to read the next in The Viking Treasure Huntress series. Ann Boelter is an amazing writer. Her research is authentic to times and places. This is a page-turner! Whether you're a romance-reader and/or Viking buff or not, you'll love this book. After reading, please post a review on Amazon and Goodreads. That helps all of us in our reading choices.
Mal Johnson
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is outside my regular reading menu but now I'm hooked. Ms. Boelter is one of the better writers I've ever read. I didn't think I could get into the Viking thing, but this one has such depth and interesting turning points, that it has me looking forward to her next one in the Viking Treasure Huntress Series. One of the things that hooked me was the introduction in how the ship came about. Intriguing to say the least. Can't wait to see where the characters and the ship go from here.
Gwyn
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Really good! I can’t put it down! Looking forward to the next one too!
Danielle
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Loved it! I really enjoyed this book. Fantastic characters and a well developed story. I really can not wait until The next one!

• Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Hatemates
  • Heart of Ashes (Hearts of the Highlands #1)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Hearts Aflame (Haardrad Viking Family, #2)
  • A Touch of Stone and Snow (A Gathering of Dragons, #2)
  • Fortune Academy: Year One (Fortune Academy #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • The Unlovely Bride (Brides of Karadok Book 2)
  • Wed By Proxy (Brides of Karadok #1)
  • The Border Hostage
  • Taken to Voraxia (Xiveri Mates #1)
  • Of Fate and Fortune (Arcane Arts Academy, #4)
  • A Dove At Midnight
  • Of Beasts and Blood (Arcane Arts Academy, #3)
  • Sunset Fire (Vikings of Honor, #1)
  • The Exiled (Dominion of Ash, #2)
International Bestselling Author
Romance Gold Medal Winner - 2019 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards
2019 B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree

Ann's Thoughts on Writing:
I believe that a series should be a series of related stories, not one story chopped into multiple pieces to sell more books.

Love scenes should be tastefully erotic and occur where they fit—after a buildup of attraction and sexual tens