Start by marking “Killing It On Kobo: Leverage Insights to Optimize Publishing and Marketing Strategies, Grow Your Global Sales and Increase Revenue on Kobo” as Want to Read:

Do you want to increase your overall sales and visibility on Kobo? Are you having trouble gaining any traction or growing your reader base outside the Kindle store? Wouldn't it be empowering not to be dependent upon a single retailer for the majority of your eBook income?

If you want to tap into the mind behind the creation of Kobo's world-class self-publishing platform,

Published October 23rd 2018 by Stark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Killing It On Kobo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing It On Kobo

Linda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a world of “How To” books that claim to have all the answers for writers anxious to be published, Mark Leslie Lefebvre’s Killing it on Kobo actually does have the answers, at least for those interested in publishing on the digital platform of Kobo. Written in a conversation style, and organized by topic, the book can be consumed cover to cover or by cherry-picking areas of interest. The author shares his own experiences (what worked and what didn’t, which is refreshing!) as well as those of o ...more
Debbi Mack
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read lately geared toward self-published authors.

This book is packed with great tips about how to use Kobo effectively. I've just started using some of them and have already seen a small increase in overseas sales.

All self-published authors need to read this book. Your success shouldn't depend on Amazon rank alone. There, I said it. :)
Elizabeth Ducie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great resource for anyone who is thinking of using Kobo as a platform for publishing ebooks. The author was instrumental in setting up KWL and knows it inside out. It is well thought-through and full of practical tips. Although slightly let down by a less than perfect editing process and the fact that some of the illustrations are too small to read, I would definitely recommend it for anyone going down this route.
Rachel McCollin
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Comprehensive and easy to digest guide to publishing on Kobo. The author comes across as passionate about his subject and about indie publishing, and is a great ambassador for the company.
Adam Collings
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why wouldn't you read a book by Mark Lefebvre if you want to sell books on Kobo. It's a no brainer. He ran Kobo Writing Life for years. In this book, he shares insights and strategies to help make the most of the platform. I'm looking forward to putting some of his advice into practice.
Maria Riegger
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Straightforward info about how to sell and promote your books on the Kobo platform. A must read if you have your book listed on Kobo Writing Life!
Cara Bristol
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, nonfiction
Killing it on Kobo was written by a former Kobo employee, so you get inside info on how Kobo Writing Life (the self publishing platform) works, and it does operate differently than Amazon. The book is basically a Kobo self-publishing how-to for beginners, but veterans may pick up some helpful tips, insights, and strategies. I skimmed over the stuff I was already familiar with, but I did learn a few useful things, so that made it a worthwhile read. If you're just going "wide," and haven't publish ...more
Georgia Rose
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Kobo. I love the platform and the people who are friendly and welcoming. I put my books wide a while ago now and I’m already feeling that soon I could be selling more books on Kobo than on another well know site. We shall see.

Anyway, I was keen to read Killing it on Kobo to find out as much as I could about the platform and to pick up any tips that would improve the performance of my books on there.

Killing it on Kobo is written by Mark using his 6 years experience as Director of Self-Publ
Kevin Potter
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you're just getting started as an indie publisher or just moving your books wide (or considering doing so), this is a great resource.

Yes, I already knew 85% of what's here, having learned by trial and error over the last two years. But I can say without a doubt that a lot of that would have been much easier and less painful if I had read this book first.

There are a lot of useful tips, tricks, and strategies here that you won't want to miss if you are (or are planning to be) published on Kob
Jean Oram
If you are new to Kobo this is the book for you. (If you have been around the Kobo block and attended one of their presentations at a conference and used their dashboard then there likely won’t be any surprises in this one.) But if you are not at that level yet, then this would be a fantastic starter book that will walk you through everything you need to know about uploading your books to Kobo and how to make the smartest decisions to set you off on the right foot with this unique international ...more
Peter West
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good in-depth dive into understanding all things Kobo

This was a good, in-depth guide into all things Kobo, from a man who should know the subject matter better than most.
Inciteful and full of useful tidbits for authors who are looking to expand their horizons and explore new markets.
Gwyn Haller
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Actually useful success strategies and steps

This volume is well organized so that a writer can take in the knowledge, and without all "the too technical to care" mumbo jumbo that can change in a day, demonstrates with first hand "can do" information how author's increase and thrive on Kobo's global reach.
Norma Huss
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing
Good, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do this. Actually, it's more of a manual on how to do it. I understand I should add my books to Kobo directly instead of thru D2D if I want to do this. But it did clarify Kobo for me.
Sacha Black
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great book for beginner authors coming into wide publishing. If you’re after the basics and some insider tips and practical things you can do to boost your income and sales at kobo this is the book for you.
Arthur
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of Kobo wisdom

This is a well written insider’s account of Kobo. Even though I’ve published with Kobo for years now I found plenty of new strategies and understanding.
Joslyn Chase
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From one who knows

Great insights into an often ignored platform with tons of potential. And if anyone knows how to leverage that potential, it's Mark Leslie. If you're looking to up your game at Kobo, this is the playbook.
C.B. Samet
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely helpful! Provided great insight and a helpful guide to success on Kobo. Lots of informative suggestions I will implement
Antonia
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-in-2018
Wow!! All I wanted to know — and a whole lot more! I will definitely return to this one I am a little closer to publishing. I’ll kinds of great information!
Anna
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some useful information even if you've been on Kobo for a while, but wordier than it needed to be. Worth it at the current 99-cent price though.
F. Stephan
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you want to publish on kobo?

I have had the chance to work with Mark and I saved years by listening to his advice. I absolutely recommend his book !!! It goes beyond explaining how the platform works but why it was built in this manner. It also share a light on the people working at kobo and their passion.

Get it now
Jo-Ann Carson
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Over six years, the author, Mark Leslie Levebvre built Kobo Writing Life from the ground up. Killing it on Kobo is a must-read for any independent publisher. Mark Leslie Levebvre details the ins-and-outs of the Rakuten Kobo business, it's culture and its reach into the world of books. It's written in a clear conversational tone that makes it fascinating and easy to read.

I highly recommend it, and gave it a 5-star rating on Amazon.com, Bookbub and Goodreads.
Ken Britz
Rick Wood
Dec 31, 2018
Tanya Lisle
Sep 08, 2019
Mark Leslie Lefebvre has been writing since he was thirteen years old and discovered his mother’s Underwood typewriter collecting dust in a closet. He started submitting his work for publication at the age of fifteen and had his first story published in 1992, the same year he graduated from university.

Under the name Mark Leslie, he has published more than a dozen full length books. He pens a serie