Start by marking “Something Borrowed” as Want to Read:

Something Borrowed

Something old. Something new…?

When Chloe Cassidy is jilted at the altar it’s all her nightmares rolled into one. Her mother is convinced she’s the victim of the family curse. Her sister believes she just hasn’t found The One yet. But Chloe’s not listening; she’s too busy taking her humiliation out on the infuriating best man, Vaughn Brooks.

Three months later, Something B
Published (first published July 3rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Something Borrowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Borrowed

Natalie The Biblioholic
There's something about a jilted bride that intrigues me. I'm not sure exactly what about the situation draws me in like a moth to a flame. I can't help but read books about it. I'm interested in how these men and women get past the hurt and the embarrassment. Not everyone is great at illustrating the "after", but I find that Louisa George did a fine job.

Chloe was left at the alter by her fiance... and her best friend. She was obviously humiliated and took it out on the best man, Vaughn. I guess
Melindam
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
3,25 stars for this better-than-the-average & better-than-expected chick-lit/romance.

This was a kindle freebie which I downloaded & then promptly forgot about it until a few days ago.

I did not have great expectations, especially as I hadn't fared well with this genre for a while (growing old or what?) so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book.

The story as you can see from the blurb, is rather trite: Chloe Cassidy, wedding planner, is jilted at the altar, on her BIG DA
Zoe
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute, charming contemporary romance that has some endearing characters, delectable food, funny moments, and a satisfying HEA ending.
It is a light, easy, enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more in “Something About You”, the second novel in the series.
Alison
Gah, someone recommended this and I can't remember who!

Chloe Cassidy is a wedding planner, unfortunately after being dumped by proxy at the altar (the best man, her fiance's cousin, broke the news) because her fiance and her bridesmaid were a couple, she went a leetle crazy and ended up plastered all over the local newspaper. Three months later the wounds are still raw, her business is failing and she has a widowed sister and depressed mother to support.

When she finds out that her ex-fiance's b
Coco.V
Jan 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/11/2018)! 💝
Jeni
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, romance
I feel like there was too much going on, but not in a good, organized way--More like it could have used another good edit.

Characters weren't clearly developed--Is Chloe a mess? Is she a volatile person? What did she actually DO to make her mom mad?

Also--depression isn't anyone's fault and I don't like that Chloe got blamed for her mom's "bad time" when there were clearly other things that led to her taking to her bed.

eh. Obviously I have strong feeling about this book, but I will not be reading
Pam
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something Borrowed is by Louisa George. It is the first book in a series. It is a cute romance that brings out the romance for all of us. The characters and situations they find themselves in are definitely realistic. It is easy enough to read in several short sessions or one long session. It is a really good book.
Chloe Cassidy is the woman behind Something Borrowed her wedding planning business. She handled the administrative portion of the business and carried out the bride’s wishes while her
Esra
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe Cassidy is jilted at the altar and she takes her humiliation out on the best man, Vaughn Brooks.Since then they were enemies some sort of :D she has a wedding planning business named
Something Borrowed and it's failing since the wedding. so Chloe is forced to swallow her pride, and work with the enemy the incredible chef Vaughn Brooks.
İt's a nice read , very funny and I love all the characters of this book. It's captivating. There's a side story with chloe's sister jenna and her best frien
Diane ~Firefly~
This was a surprisingly sweet romance.

What I enjoyed:
* Chloe and her sister Jenna. Chloe is having a hard time keeping the wedding planning business afloat after being left at the alter and keeping everything together to for her family. Jenna is a single mom who hasn't recovered from her husband's unexpected death. They both need to remember how to live again.
* Vaughn. He is an interesting character with his past love and promises.

What could be better:
* I could have done without the Jason subpl
Leyns
Sep 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. 3.5 stars

This was a good read. It flowed well and had some good humour to it. My only issue is that I'm not a fan of stories where the heroine puts her heart out there, gets crushed, and takes the hero back without any grovelling. I mean, I know he's a great guy and he didn't deserve to have to grovel, but I love a good grovel so I wish there was some in the end
Broon
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 za mój śmiech czytając :-)
Jessica Adams
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably a 3.5. I didn't love some of the characters . The writing is funny though, and a sweet story. Will prob read more of the series.
Brian
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
I was so close to really liking this book but it just didn't live up to the hype in blurbs and back cover catch.

The writer has a real grasp for writing but she needs to put the her words into the plots and characters so they flow together. I too often found myself literally scratching my head wondering what was going on.

I am a fan of romance, chick-lit, and others but this one just lost me.
Mari's Struggle is Real
This is a very engaging romance. The heroine is very funny and clever. The hero is swoon worthy. I want someone to cook for me. He's a man that belongs in the kitchen or in the bed, whatever works. I can't wait to read what happens with Jenna and Nick.
Edith
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It kept me captivated

This story was wonderfully written. The author had my attention with every word.. I couldn't put it down. I laughed, I cried and I laughed some more...
Aleksa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gudrun
The plot sounded interesting but the book was full of inconsistencies that annoyed me a lot. Only the slowly developping love between Chloe and Vaughn kept me reading.

- I wondered why Chloe was standing in front of the altar waiting for her groom to show up. Usually the groom is waiting and the bride the last one to appear. Why wasn't she in a side room waiting for her time to walk down the aisle?

- Even if her wedding planer business went well before I doubt she would have been affluent enough t
Jessica Wannamaker
Chloe was putting together the pieces of her life after being jilted at the alter by Jason. She needed to recover from her in threads wedding business, help her mum who made the dresses, and help her widower sister and niece who took care of the flowers.

She didn’t expect the best man who had delivered the blow of her groom leaving with the bridesmaid (her ex best friend) and she’d trampled and bowled over with a bouquet to come back into her life. She hated him. She detested him. She has no ide
Amanda
Short review. Enjoyed the slow build romance between Chloe and Vaughn they both bring out the best in each other and believe in the other. I went back and forth between liking Chloe's sister Jenna but end up liking her and wanting to read the next book about her, I didn't like their mom and how she reacted to them learning that she had been keeping a secret from them nearly all their lives. They had a right to be upset that she had been lying to them instead she makes them especially Chloe feel ...more
Frances Hernandez
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance at love

Having been jilted at the altar, Chloe gets a second chance for love. She's a wedding planner that attacks the best man because he is the one that gave her the news that the groom had runaway. Chloe's life is in turmoil afterward when she finds Vaughn(the best man) in need of an office manager for his restaurant. They work together and both end up falling in love with each other. Her ex is a slime ball and continues to make her life miserable, but her love for Vaughn wins ou
Amymargarita
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the writing style of Louisa George! She had me hooked from the first "Newspaper article" depicting Chloe's altar debacle to the very last page where she finally gets her happy moment!

Chloe is the jilted bride who doesn't believe in love anymore. Vaughn is haunted by his past and the unfortunate messenger for Chloe's jilting. Months after the wedding they run into eachother and sparks fly. Can Chloe and Vaughn get over their pasts in order to have a future?

Chloe and Vaughn's wi
Kristen Lewendon
What starts out as a fairly light, humorous romance quickly reveals some unexpected depths. From how we see our own self worth to how to honor promises while still being true to ourselves. Disaster after disaster keeps Chloe running, trying to catch up, trying to outwit the Cassidy curse. She’s surrounded by her wacky family and equally quirky friends who, when they aren’t trying to ruin her life, are trying to get her to live it. Vaughn embodies the strong, silent type, and there’s really not m ...more
Krista
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed indeed

What a great read!
Chloe was jilted at the alter. The best man delivering the news and Chloe loses it and tackles the best man, Vaughn, who is also cousin to the runaway groom.
An article written about the doomed wedding hurts Chloe's wedding planning business. Trying to take care of her family leaves a lot of responsibility to Chloe.
Running into Vaughn a few times reveals that she perhaps doesn't hate him as much as she thought.
So what happens to these two? Definitely one click thi
Kathy
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

Chloe has a wedding planning business with her sister and their mother. But her own perfect wedding was ruined when the groom ran off with her maid of honor instead of showing up at his own wedding. And that caused a lot of business problems, since people lost faith in a wedding planner who couldn't have her own perfect wedding. Some lean times ahead but they hold on. I loved the idea of the family working together in their business. And the book was great, looking forward to the rest of t
Ava Starke
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute premise. We get a lot about the heroine, not enough about the hero. The heroine starts out strong, but puts herself out there a little more than was comfortable when faced with rejection (which lost a star for me). The writing is often clever although repetitive in some cases which slows the pace. Clever story and family dynamics. The end rushes a bit unrealistically for me which cost my second star, but unrealistic is great for many other readers so I realize this could just be my taste; t ...more
Opinionated
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional gymnastics anyone?

What a sweet story, that was cleverly infused with witty moments, a little angst, a few tears, a serve if romance, and lots of love.
Not only is the story of Chloe and Vaughn beautifully relayed, but Louisa George lays a great foundation for what appears to be a promising series.
I can't wait to read Nick amd Jenna's story next, but will make sure I have tissues and a little bit of chocolate ready for the reading of book 2.
Lesley
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Feel good romance.
Chloe’s life is falling apart; jilted on her wedding day, bad press affecting her business and now having to deal with Vaughn Brooks. Vaughn was the bearer of the news that the groom would not be turning up and the man she assaulted and she hates him nearly as much as her ex! A fun story about the ups and downs of love and family, and finding a once in a lifetime love. Highly recommended.
Heather Pearson
Boring and long

I bought this book under 'romantic comedy ' but nothing fun about it. Some parts just went on and on that I began skipping parts just to get to the end. I understand the build up to second book with a couple of the characters but to just drop random emails inbetween chapters was just distracting . And the epilogue didn't live up to much either. Don't think I'll read anymore books by this author.
Kyra Carr
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something Borrowed

This romance was big fun from page one. Chloe was a complicated mess with OCD issues, from the start, but her adventures in dating had me cracking up. Chloe and Vaughn were sooo hot together! The happy ever after ending was a bit dry and abrupt. However, I loved this story !
Heather C
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

Everything about this book was entertaining. It had me laughing, crying, at times heartbroken and at others in love. The bond between the sisters is just as special as the love story and the love story to come in book 2. I couldn’t put this one down and I can’t wait to get started on book 2.
  • With This Memo (Rock Kiss, #4.1)
  • Against the Wall
  • Dark Light
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Home for Christmas
  • Talk British to Me (Wherever You Go, #1)
  • Dirty Money
  • Know Your Heart (Bounty Bay, #2)
  • Wicked Ways: A Begging for Bad Boys Collection
  • Come inciampare sul principe azzurro
  • Ex-Con Times Two
  • Coming Home to the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #3)
  • Mr. All Wrong (Mister, #1)
  • Villa Carmel (Romantic Comedy Collection, #3)
  • The Bouquet List
  • Wish Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #3)
  • Icing on the Cake (Wild Wedding, #2)
  • The Wicked Lady (The Ladies, #4)
Award-winning author Louisa George has been an avid reader her whole life. In between chapters she managed to fit in a BA degree in Communication Studies, trained as a nurse, married her doctor hero and had two sons. Now, she spends her days writing chapters of her own in the medical romance, contemporary romance and women’s fiction genres.

Louisa’s books have variously been nominated for the covet