Start by marking “The Myth Seeker (Mythbound, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Myth Seeker (Mythbound, #1)

The Myth Seeker

(Mythbound #1)

A banshee who just wants to sing.
A leprechaun with a gambling problem.
A sex-addicted succubus in recovery.
Vampires who want a sunny day at the beach.
And then there’s Steve, the regular Joe who inadvertently brought these flawed mythical beings to our world. But he has no idea how he did it, which is a problem, because it’s his job to bring them home.
All this responsib
Published October 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Myth Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Myth Seeker

Start your review of The Myth Seeker (Mythbound, #1)
JenacideByBibliophile
Disclaimer: I was sent an ARC copy of this book by the author, Cory Barclay, for an honest review

Opinion: If you have been keeping up with my reviews lately, you will know that I am a big fan of Cory Barclay’s Of Witches and Werewolves series. It had grabbed my attention with its imaginative story that is based loosely on true events, the wonderful character and story building, and Cory’s ability to write in a way that transports the reader back in time.

So naturally, when Cory asked me to read
Amanda
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
You can also read my review here:https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

The Myth Seeker was a really fun fast paced read. An interesting plot told with a unique voice with a fast pace and cool mythic beings, this novel was a really fun adventure to read about. These types of fantasy books are perfect to read after reading something really in depth or if you are in a reading slump. The fast pace kept me reading the whole way through. It was hard to set this book down as the action never seemed t
Ramona Plant
Jan 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
The Myth Seeker is an interesting book written by Cory Barclay. I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book. I found that the book was written a tad simplistically and just didn't have a good flow to it all. Don't take me wrong, I found that the concept of the book was very different and unique and I really think the author has something there, however I found the execution of the story was not the greatest and fell flat, at least in my opinion.

The plot seemed a bit to me like
Saundra Wright
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cory Barclay has definitely delivered an enticing first in series book with The Myth Seeker. The story sweeps you up right away and has you soon racing for the answers along with his intriguing characters. I can’t wait for the next one!

Steve Remington is in the music business. After his own band failed, he went behind the scenes. Now he owns a studio, always looking for someone talented enough to really make a big break. Most months he rents out studio space for bands to practice to make the ren
Mary Brannian
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steve Remington was an everyday, down to earth guy who just wanted to succeed in the music recording business. Steve didn’t have any lofty goals, but he wanted to prove to his father (and himself) that he could do it; he could discover the next great talent and prove he had what it takes to make it. But Fate has other plans…
At his father’s funeral, Steve meets a young woman softly playing her guitar near a recently interred “guest” at the cemetery. Striking up a conversation with the young woman
Rebecca
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered where mythical creatures in our world originated? Maybe they didn't. Maybe they come from a dimension that is similar to ours but very different at the same time. How do these beings enter our world? Intentionally or not there are people called Myth Seekers that are able to bring them into our world. Steve is one of these rare people to have the ability. Join him as he tries to figure out his new role as he juggles a beautiful banshee, her over protective vampire parents, ...more
Coreen
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-fiction
I LOVED the "Of Witches and Werewolves" series, so when I noticed the pre-sale for this one, I had to grab it.
This was a little different, not the dark historical fiction I had gotten used to while reading the trilogy ... but it is certainly written just as well.
I am a huge fan of different genres ... Mythopoeia, Historical Fiction, Fantasy ... and it makes me so happy to get it all from one Author.

The Myth Seeker was a pretty fun story. Dark but fun. It kind of gave me the same feeling as the
Mererid Evanna
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is urban fantasy, and true to its genre it's pretty dark, seedy and pessimistic – or realistic, depending on your worldview. But it's not relentless, and the ending is upbeat. The particular urban landscape is San Diego, and it's effectively described, with the fantasy elements fitting seamlessly into the setting. The main character has some problems – he's a sober alcoholic with a struggling music business – but he's a decent and likeable fellow. He gets the break he deserves in the form o ...more
Kaye
ONE AWESOME NUMBER!!!
Wow! Talk about hitting the ground running. This bad boy just jumps right into all the drama, lies, deceit and evil forces. All the twists and turns along with a few glitches here and there make for one enjoyable experience. The characters and their personalities are so realistic and believable it feels like you can just reach out and touch them. The scenes are descriptive and detailed you have no trouble picturing it in your mind's eye as each scenario plays out perfectly.
Ilene G>
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
First in a series.

Overall, I liked the story. I liked the variety of supernatural creatures. I really like Annabelle Lee. I did not care for Steve. He rarely asked the questions he should have when he started asking them. I read this with Kindle Unlimited. I will read the next one, if it is in KU. Sometimes, I find the other books in a series better than I did the first.
Vicki
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story a lot. The characters were well developed the worlds of Mythicus and Terrus not as much as I would have liked. Most of the time I was reading this I felt like Steve. I want to read next in series because I need to find out what has happened to Annabelle and Steve. This book will hook you. Great start to a new series.
David St. Lawrence
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely charming!

This book was not at all what I was expecting! It is a light-hearted romp with realistic mythological characters and if kept me enthralled from beginning to end.

I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Cory Barclay has created a memorable universe with this first volume
Amanda Williams
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book will enchant you and not let go. I was enraptured with the story and could imagine everything that was happening. Fantastic story!! Will definitely be one clicking this author's work in the future.
Lucy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good story of mythical creatures. The book was a good introduction of the human and mythical worlds. A great read!
Marlys
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this novel from the author and this is my voluntary review. I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Eric Manning
Dec 31, 2018
Angela James
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Steve and Annabelle

New author for me and I wasn't disappointed. Definitely different from the usual para reading I do but entertaining and well written. Poor Steve feels a bit like the world has gone crazy and he's the only sane one left or maybe he's gone crazy with all that's happening in his world. Paranoid and jumping at shadows, is someone trying to kill him or is it his imagination?
Kari
Mar 05, 2019
Mary Dyrda
Nov 08, 2018
Wilma Flaherty
rated it did not like it
Oct 16, 2018
Fred Spector
Nov 08, 2018
eris23
Oct 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• First Term (Dragon Fire Academy #1)
  • The Merging (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Atlantis Academy: The First Element
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • The Uncommon Rider (The Exceptional S. Beaufont Book 1)
  • Defender Cave Bear (Protection, Inc: Defenders, #1)
  • Eye of Truth (Agents of the Crown, #1)
  • Calico Confusion (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #1)
  • Alpha (Ghost Mountain Wolf Shifters, #1)
  • Heart (Ghost Mountain Wolf Shifters, #2)
  • The Hansel and Gretel Curse (Cursed Fairy Tale, #3)
  • Relic (The Relic Trilogy #1)
  • The Secret of Seaside (Paige Comber Mystery Book 1)
  • Arcane Ops (Federal Agents of Magic Book 7)
  • Agents of Order (Federal Agents of Magic Book 6)
  • Amanda Cadabra and The Hidey-Hole Truth (The Amanda Cadabra Cozy Paranormal Mysteries #1)
  • Agents of Vengeance (Federal Agents of Magic Book 8)