Start by marking “Chasing Ivy (Oak Hill, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Ivy (Oak Hill, #1)

Chasing Ivy

(Oak Hill #1)

Six years ago, I had a best friend with sky-blue eyes, purposefully messy brown hair, and a body that made every single girl drool on sight. I would know—it drove me absolutely crazy…until I was the one doing the drooling.

Our days were filled with stomach-hurting laughter accompanied by easy conversation, and our nights were filled with secret, awkward teenage flirting.
B
Published November 15th 2018 by Amazon

Start your review of Chasing Ivy (Oak Hill, #1)
Ellie
Jan 24, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
Whew! That...was a doozy.

I've never wanted to finish a book fast enough while also wanting to continue reading? Because this book was full of so many cringy lines, I toughed it out and kept going forward. But let's be honest, I wanted to DNF this one at 20%.

CHASING IVY has such a strong beginning. It was set in the past and almost had a YA feel to it and I was honestly living. Two high school best friends who are in a constant state of wanting to kiss, but never being brave enough to? That was t
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,2 / 5 stars

I was new to Sylvis but not anymore and I'm definitely following this series. I loved this friends to lovers/ second chance romance it had everything I love in a book, a friends to lovers romance with all the emotional turmoil I crave along with the angst and then there was the cuttes friendship and love, the sexiness that was Dawson and the little slice of drama that threaten to tear our couple apart again.

I loved Ivy and Dawson's relationship and watching them realize they
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
This is the first book by this author but it won't be the last! I really enjoyed this book and the journey of Ivy and Dawson had to take to get to their HEA. The author did a great job at having the perfect amount of angst in tension without being over the top.

I loved seeing the foundation of Ivy and Dawson's relationship. They had such a great friendship and were always there for each other but when it didn't work it was realistic. when you take teens with little life experience and add in gri
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
They were barely teenagers when they met on the first day of middle school. Dawson Lanning and Ivy Collins. They became friends, best of friends, over the years. Both were attracted to each other, but neither confirmed or acted upon their feelings. That one day when they finally got their first kiss from each other, was also the last day they'd be together. A family tragedy brought forth a deluge of tears, separation, miscommunication and misunderstanding, until they met again after six years.

H
Katelyn
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect second chance romance I needed to sweep me off my feet! I absolutely adored this book.

I loved the light and bright feeling of the beginning of the book. You get to see and feel Ivy and Dawson’s respect, attraction, and love for each other. No spoilers here- but after a terrible incident occurs the mood of the book does change. However, it would in real life too, and that’s what I appreciated about Chasing Ivy. I felt that the characters were relatable and the story was hone
G (heartbooked)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm conflicted about Dawson and Ivy's story because there have been time I loved them soooooo much... then there are times when I wanted to kick both their butts... I wanted more for these two friends. I love best friends to lovers stories because its intriguing how they change the way they see each other.

I actually read this and felt an emotional roller coaster because I would be angry then smile then laugh and back to being angry - an thus the cycle continues on... Have a read of this. Unfore
Claudia Pinillos
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
*** I was provided an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. ***

This book was off to a great start. Everything in the premise of the book set it up to be something I would love. Friends to lovers getting separated by a tragedy and reconnecting years later? Yes, please. However, in reality, this book just did not deliver that to me.

Dawson and Ivy had this cute back and forth in high school. They were both convinced they were just best friends but they start to feel more and neither is
Kaesea Wheatley
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my third book by S.J. Sylvis, and it just happened to be my first ARC. I was not disappointed. I am loving watching this author grow.
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
SO MANY FEELS!!!

"She was the only person I knew that could make me feel better, that could make me feel a little lighter."

Ivy and Dawson become the best of friends in middle school. He's the popular, good looking guy that everyone wants to be around and Ivy is a little shy, quiet and reserved. They mean everything to each other, sharing all the things that mean the most......except their feelings for each other. The way they interact with each other.....the subtle glances, their inner monolgues
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
Oh my ... S.J. Sylvis gave me a quite nice emotional ride ... Chasing Ivy is the title hit the mark, because the story of Ivy and Dawson is a one big race. To what? To the happily ever after!

Ivy and Dawson met at school as teenagers and became best friends. Everyone around them knew they were meant to each other, except themselves. However, when their feelings become so strong that they were unable to ignore them anymore, a tragedy occurs that will change everything. Ivy is forced to move and th
Kristen Granata
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this story over the course of a couple of days - and when it was over, I wished that there was more to read!! The beginning scenes of young Dawson and Ivy were a great intro to build their story up. I'm not into young adult, but it had a young adult feel that just made total sense with how the author wanted to create her story.

Dawson & Ivy had an awesome best friend relationship, but there was that longing & angst that made me want to reach through the pages of the book and knock their he
Eve Booksandlooks30 💋
CHASING IVY, A second chance romance, small town two best friends that with out a doubt have fallen in love with each other. Ivy and Dawson are each other kryptonite the closer they get to each other the weaker they become. Honestly truly a beautiful book. Can’t wait for you all read it.
Telma Rocha
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Note: I received an Advance Review Copy from the Author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book!

The story is told through the perspectives of the two main characters.

This is a lustful read, full of humor with a genuine protagonist that I can relate to in many ways. Ivy’s clumsiness, and ability to fall easily had me laughing out loud.

I loved the sisterly bond between Ivy and Mia. Ivy brings a new meaning to the term ‘Protective Older Sister’ and being an older sister myself,
Lindsey Powell
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know those books that start off by drawing you in and slowly turning up the heat before leaving your heart racing as you savour every bit of what the characters are going through? Yeah, this book had all of that and then some.
A hot romance and a new book boyfriend to add to my list. Dawson was just delicious!
This book totally deserves every one of the five stars that I am giving it!
Brilliant!
Brook Obsessed
An adorable and heartbreaking friends to lovers trope that follows Ivy and Dawson from high school to adulthood. It’s the type of book akin to “The Notebook” and “A Walk to Remember,” all encompassing and utterly romantic.

Dawson and Ivy are best friends and just when they are about to take their friendship to the next level, an awful tragedy strikes Ivy’s family and the two are separated for six years.

When Ivy returns to town the two estranged friends try to rebuild a relationship despite the fa
Suey_Library
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well I think I might have found a new author to stalk endlessly... you have created a monster S.J. Sylvis. I won't deny, if I haven't won a giveaway for a free eARC, I don't know if I would have snagged at this series, which is sad considering how much I really enjoyed this read. Let me explain why before everyone smites me - this is one of my least favorite romance tropes, though I will buy and read until I find one I like, but I do not actively find 'Best Friends to Lovers' tropes. Again thoug ...more
Candyce Kirk
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Chasing Ivy starts out really strong. We start reading about the past. Dawson and Ivy are best friends from the start. It's cute seeing them both feel more, but not wanting to change anything. When they finally get the chance to make it more, something tragic happens and Ivy's life changes for good.

I loved how this was all described, from the first feelings of having a crush to the heartbreak Ivy experiences a few years later. Then the story fast forwards six years later. A lot has happened sinc
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
I dove into this book last night and was pulled right in from the beginning. This is a sweet, emotional and steamy second chance/friends to lovers story with characters who you can't help but fall for.

High School best friends Ivy Collins and Dawson Lanning have a unique friendship that no one truly understands except for them. Their connection and chemistry are obvious from the beginning, and the pull between them is magnetic. I fell for Dawson immediately. Not only is he a charmer and incredib
Alexa
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ⭐️💫
Steam :🔥🔥🔥 (slow burn)

This is exactly the type of friends to lovers story I CRAVE!!! I’m a huge fan of two people meeting when they were in middle school and stayed friends for such a long time. Ivy & Dawson met in middle school and instantly there was a spark. That alone made me melt!! Then high school Dawson watched over ivy & just expresses how much he truly cares for her, then the night they start to realize they could be more than best friends, something horrific happens in Ivy’s li
Lourdes
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Thank you to Ms. Sylvis for providing me an advance copy of Chasing Ivy and allowing me to read it before the book release date**, in exchange for an honest review. This is a spoiler-free review. Every thoughts, feelings, and opinions about this review is solely MINE. *​

This novel tells about a story from two persons' points of view. Throughout their teenage years, Ivy and Dawson are been the best of friends: from hanging out to sharing secrets. Everybody in their small town of Oak Hill believe
Jess
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
So I’m new to S.J. Sylvis and Chasing Ivy is my first book, but it won’t be my last after reading by this author. Chasing Ivy was a super sweet story on childhood best friends to lovers and had all of the angst I love.

Ivy and Dawson have been best friends since middle school. Everyone knows they’re into each other but them. While in high school it finally seems their relationship could be changing for the better, until Ivy is suddenly ripped away from Dawson and her home town. A tragic accident
Sjf
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I read by this author and it won’t be the last.

I was swept into the story from early in the book. It is an emotional and sweet fiends to lovers story. It is a second chance romance.

I think and Dawson have been best friends since middle school. They friendship is sweet, special and swoon worthy.

Tragedy strikes and they are separated. Misunderstandings happen and their feelings are devastated.

Ivy returns to town and so much is different and yet the important things und
Melissa Parnell
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author, but I will definitely be reading more. I enjoyed the angst and the romance in this story. I also liked the twists and while the characters frustrated me a lot of the time, I fell for them as well by the end of the story. I am definitely intrigued and looking forward to reading more from this series.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book I read by SJ Sylvis. It took a bit to get into it but I think the reason for that is her writing style. It’s a very unique style that injects humor into the story when you least expect it. So it makes a heavy topic not as difficult to read. I loved Ivy and Dawson! I loved them separately and I loved them together. They were well written with lots of character. Chasing Ivy is a great friends to lovers romance with a twist that you won’t see coming! I’m looking forward to re ...more
Pamela
Ivy and Dawson were best friends throughout school. The feelings between them turned into love. A tragic incident left them both broken and hurt at each other. Years later they run into each other, will they be able to repair their friendship? Will they become lovers again? A good read.

I received a copy of this book via the author and am leaving a review.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Shelves: arc
Oh my goodness, a book full of feels, so emotional and sweet and hot with a twist I didn't see coming. I LOVED this second chance/friends to lovers story, this was a new author to me and I'll definitely be reading more from them.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Tasha
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so cute! I love friends to lovers tropes and this one was so adorable. I loved the teenage perspective from their younger years as well
Ambur
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by S.J. Sylvis and I really enjoyed it! I really liked Ivy and Dawson, and I absolutely loved seeing their feelings evolve throughout the story. I could've done without a tiny bit of the angst and some of the obstacles keeping them apart, but overall, I thought it was a really wonderful story and I really, really loved their chemistry! I'm especially excited the next book because I am SUPER curious about Dawson's big brother. ;)

Full review to come!
Marie
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an arc from the author for an honest review. Really enjoyed this. There was a little repetitiveness in how awesome and amazing Ivy and Dawson was, and some parts dragged on but that’s just my preference. But overall I recommend it to anyone that enjoys friends to lovers/second chance love.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beneath the Stands (Sugarlake #2)
  • Heart Stopper (Rebels of Rushmore, #1)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • The Rise of Monsters (Angelus, #1)
  • Beautiful Savage (The Boys of Sinners Bay, #2)
  • Unexpected (Love in LA, #1)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Undo Me (The Good Ol' Boys, #3)
  • Coldhearted Heir (The Heirs #1)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Team Hate (The Football Boys #1)
  • Crazy Hearts (Poplar Falls, #5)
  • The Butterfly Effect (Boggy Creek Valley, #1)
  • No Vacancy
  • Kingpin (Court University, #2)
  • Date Me Like You Mean It
  • Those Chance Encounters
S.J. Sylvis is a romance author who is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, two small kiddos, and dog. She is obsessed with coffee, becomes easily attached to fictional characters, and spends most of her evenings buried in a book.

For upcoming info on new releases, join her Facebook reading group: https://www.f

Oak Hill (2 books)
  • Falling for Fallon (Oak Hill, #2)