Start by marking “Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)

Neron Rising

(Neron Rising Saga #1)

“I…am nothing.”
He takes a step forward, shaking his head twice, with absolute conviction. “You’re not nothing, Nova.”

In the Eon galaxy, Dominion controls any planet with solid Neron deposits, and Nova just found out they’re coming for hers. Korpillion isn’t supposed to have any Neron—the galaxy’s purest form of energy—but Nova Ainsley has been working with the owner of a
Published November 27th 2018 by Keary Taylor Book, INC

Courtney
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I happen to come across Keary Taylor's name back in 2015 when she started her House of Royals series and I became an instant fan of her writing. When she finished that entire House of Royals world this year, I was a bit sad, but became excited when she described what she was writing next.

Neron Rising is a totally different genre that I have read before but was very intrigued to see what Keary would bring us. Neron Rising is a Sci-Fi/Romance and is written in episodes (something not to me) but st
Charleyexoh
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so grateful that I had been approved to read this because it absolutely blew me away.

The front cover drew me towards this book, it had a very Star Wars feel to it and I adore this type of genre when it comes to reading. I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I came to the realisation that it was 88 pages long but it feels so much longer than that because of how great the story itself is.

I loved the whole world that Nova describes, it wasn’t confusing or too much for me as a reader. I tru
Mandie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw this book, I immediately fell in love with the cover!! I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I started reading it, as I’m usually not a fan of sci-fi or space fantasy. But this book far exceeded my expectations from the very first page. I read it in one sitting because I just had to know what happened. I am eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Penny Noble
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was really, really reluctant to read this book because the genre isn’t one of the ones I generally read in. However, since I have read and appreciated the author’s works before, I went ahead to took the plunge. And, OMG, I am so glad I did! This series is episodic in nature so don’t expect a full book, but there was just so much in this one. Intrigue, attraction, action, and plot just all came together to create a book I didn’t want to stop (in point of fact, I did read it all in one setting)! ...more
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi-fantasy
This is an exciting new series that is told in episode format. The author quickly drew me into the story and has left me wanting more. The author has built a world and created characters easily pictured. I don’t want to say too much for fear of giving anything away. I will say, I’m very curious to see what happens next.
SUZAN C.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am both in wonder and broken after reading Neron Rising. Wonder because once again, Keary's extremely talented writing has me in awe. Broken because her story has also left me hanging on an edge, like dangling dangerously on the edge of a cliff waiting to see what happens next, because I seriously need Episode 2 now!

Keary Taylor is so talented with her writing that every time there's even a whisper of a new book I stalk her endlessly online (Keary, if you're reading this don't freak out :
IM211
Shelves: net-galley, sci-fy
.... Honor, glory, love. When did we become a galaxy full of survivors?”

In a nutshell.
88 pgs and Im amazed how it still managed to love the story, the characters and worldbuilding . End of episode one left me yearning to read more about this world, about Nova and the fate of their galaxy.

The first chapter felt choppy and didnt really grip my interest, but after that it just got better and better. Its exciting, realistic and I could easily picture the world the author created.
The few issues I fac

Deirdre O'Dwyer
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Keary Taylor for a couple years, and I am so addicted! However, I wasn't super excited about this book. I've never been too into the sci-fi genre, but do enjoy Star Wars with my family, and this book had that feel. Boy, was I wrong about Neron Rising!!! I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down!

As with all of Keary's work, her characters all so well thought out. I absolutely adored Nova (the main character) from the start, she is certainly complex, leads with her heart
Nicole
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
This novel was a short read and the series is being told in "episodes". In this first episode, we meet Nova, who wants to get off the planet with her father and friend. She has a job but on the side makes weapons illegally with Neron. The Dominion wants control over all the Neron and they currently do not know about the Neron deposits on Korpillion, but secrets never stay secrets forever. Neron has incredible powers when it weapo
Gemma Ironside
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Neron Rising is a new dystopian series by the author Keary Taylor. Neron Rising is set in space on a planet called Korpillion, where Nova lives a plain and boring life until she decides she wants to change the life she has but it didn’t change the way she wanted it too.

From the beginning of this book I really connected with the main character – Nova. She is a character that is kind and caring and although she was taking part in some illegal activities she was doing it for her families future. I
JanaLee Longhurst
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's a reason I will read anything certain writers write, no matter the genre. Keary Taylor is one of those writers for me, and the reason is simple. She's a storyteller. The genre doesn't matter. I know I will immediately fall into the story with all of my senses. I feel like I'm there, witnessing it happen. This is why I didn't mind a bit when Taylor announced her sci-fi series, even though it isn't usually at the top of my TBR list, and, boy, was I right to follow along.
Neron Rising, the f
Steffany Martin
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My reading interests are normally firmly planted in the paranormal and fantasy fiction section but I would make an exception for this series. It took a while to get into the new world because it seemed like a place out of Star Wars. The characters are what sold it for me. Nova was beautifully written and unique in her own way. I was a bit confused about the voice in her head because it was introduced in a strange manner, however it was soon established it was a weird connection and she was not c ...more
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a new style of writing for Keary Taylor. I am a fan of science fiction and fantasy and was really excited about reading this book. It takes place on Neron and I found myself drawn into the story almost immediately. As the plot unfolded, I really enjoyed the adventure that we were taken on, as well as getting to know Nova’s character. Keary Taylor writes a great heroine and Nova is no exception - she’s strong and fiery throughout the novel and this left me wanting to know more about her. ...more
Ashlie Payton
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went in truly not expecting to like this novella at all. I am not a fan of anything remotely sci-fi at all so I was skeptical going in and nearly already having my mind made up that I would not enjoy it. Wow, was I ever wrong!! There were the strange names and phrases throughout, but it didn’t bog down the book to where it felt heavy and confusing at any point. The unique phrases made sense and by the end of the book I was definitely invested and can not wait for the next one to come out. It d ...more
Krystal Fredrick
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cj
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While reading this book I realized the main character, Nova, is just like everyone else. She is tired and bored with her life. She wants to change her destiny and find adventure. She realizes she needs money to do that. So she’ll do whatever it takes to get her and the people she loves to her idea of Shangri-La. In the process she makes a discovery about herself and realized what you wish for might not be all that you thought it would be. Nova is just beginning her journey. I cannot wait for the ...more
cassi parker
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex Evans
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When i saw this book, I thought the cover was very eye catching. I love Keary Taylors work and being able to be one of the few to read this first was a great honor. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. It was that good. For those who are into Scifi Fantasy with a bit of romance, I recommend this book. I wasn't expecting the amount of feelings while reading this book. I can't wait for whats to come.
Gigi
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book from start to finish. I love all of Keary’s books and Neron Rising is another one to that list of Books I Love by Keary Taylor. Neron Rising did not disappoint at all. I read a few sci-fi, so when I had the opportunity to read this one I was really excited. This novella was so exciting to read and it kept me wanting to keep reading. I can’t wait for the next one. Thank you Keary for the amazing books you write!
Naurarwen
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To say I’ve been excited for this book since it was first announced is definitely the understatement of the year. I adore a good bit of sci-fi and hot damn Keary Taylor certainly didn’t disappoint with this first episode, Neron Rising. I actually found myself relating somewhat to the main character, Nova and just loved everything about her. Definitely an awesome twist at the end and I can’t wait to see how it all pans out. All I can say is bring on episode two, Neron Skies!
Emma
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a lover of sci Fi but yet again I was left wanting more from a Keary Taylor book ! The characters I fell in love with straight away nova is strong yet fascinating and finding out who she spoke to left me wishing ! I cannot wait for number 2 to see where Keary takes it fab read even if your not into sci Fi you've definitely changed my mind !! Five stars !!
Monika Currie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Linda
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once you start reading it's hard to put down. It's got everything intrigue, suspense, bad guys and maybe a love hate connection.
Nova is living a mundane life on a over crowded planet, working a day job also doing something illegal to get her, her dad and friend to a better planet. She thinks she has a little while but things change and she's on the run.
I can't wait to read more.
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta
So good. Totally not my usual genre, but I loved it. It was so intense, I was so absorbed by all things Korpillion and this crazy universe Keary Taylor has created. I loved Valen, even though I'm not sure I should.
Carmel McKenzie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imaginative

What a good book. I'm really into it. A completely different theme and once again I can't put it down. Look forward to see where they end up and how they end up. It's bit more science fiction!
Sara
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-in-2018, nook
That’s an exciting start. Definitely continuing this series. Nova is smart and strong and it’ll be interesting to see if Zayne is left behind in the love department.
Brooke
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good! The way Keary builds the world so fast is amazing to me, before I was done with the first chapter I was sucked in and envisioning this new world. I am excited for the next episodes to come, I am already attached to Nova and ready for the adventure that she is about to embark on.
Angelina
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. I tend to not to read much science fiction, but this book different than the others. I really liked it and I hope there is more to come. 😊
Claire Henson
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow......oh wow !! The genre Keary has written is literally #unputdownable - I love that it is in episodes (sort of as it leaves me wanting more!!) The whole concept is unique and different ... .the different swear words took a while to get used to but they worked in the end !! I have the feeling that the dad has a lot he is hiding and can't wait to find what that might be (If I'm on the right track....I might not be...) With such a short story the characters are really well fleshed out and you ...more
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Keary work and have been reading her for awhile. I was excited to hear about her adventure in sci fi. And she didn’t disappoint me. It’s takes place on an way over populated planet in a different galaxy. I love Nova she is strong and isn’t perfect but isn’t afraid to be herself. She has two friends one you learn about and one you see at the end which blow my mind. There isn’t much romance just yet. I’m hoping for some next episode. Counting down to the next episode.
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

Neron Rising Saga (2 books)
  • Neron Skies (Neron Rising Saga, #2)