Start by marking “Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)

Neron Rising

(Neron Rising Saga #1)

“I…am nothing.”
He takes a step forward, shaking his head twice, with absolute conviction. “You’re not nothing, Nova.”

In the Eon galaxy, Dominion controls any planet with solid Neron deposits, and Nova just found out they’re coming for hers. Korpillion isn’t supposed to have any Neron—the galaxy’s purest form of energy—but Nova Ainsley has been working with the owner of
Published November 27th 2018 by Keary Taylor Book, INC

To ask other readers questions about Neron Rising, please sign up.
cassberrie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)
Lyn
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I’ve had such lousy luck on Netgalley with books which looked really promising but ended up being disappointments that I didn’t really expect Neron Rising to be any different. But this book turned out to be a surprising little gem.

For a story of only about 30,000 words, Neron Rising sure packed a punch. This was my first book by Keary Taylor and I’m glad I wasn’t disappointed. The writing was so good that I couldn’t stop reading.

This story was well-written so that at no point in time did I feel
Courtney
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I happen to come across Keary Taylor's name back in 2015 when she started her House of Royals series and I became an instant fan of her writing. When she finished that entire House of Royals world this year, I was a bit sad, but became excited when she described what she was writing next.

Neron Rising is a totally different genre that I have read before but was very intrigued to see what Keary would bring us. Neron Rising is a Sci-Fi/Romance and is written in episodes (something not to me) but st
Dianne
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Marta Cox
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
So in a galaxy far far away ( sorry I couldn't resist ! ) lies a planet over populated by those happily escaping the brutal Dominion . Feeling safe as their planet doesn't possess the hideously powerful Neron most just struggle with boring everyday survival. I say most because a minute few know of a pocket of the much coveted Neron and that includes Nova sometimes known as the weapons maker !
This is the first instalment so definitely not a whole book but I felt thoroughly drawn in and very intri
Amber
Look, I'll admit it. I ship REYLO. Hard.

I'm not ashamed ;)

description

But this is such a Star Wars rip-off, I just can't. Sometimes literally word-for-word. It's a shame, too, because the world-building has promise. It's short, too, which is nice. But maybe too short. The characters aren't developed enough.

Also, I was excited for some adorable, hot, Reylo-inspired chemistry...

description

But this was just so...uninspired. Predictable. I took a quick peek at the next books in the series, this romance seems just way
mith
This was soooo incredibly flat and even a little boring. Also, all that futuristic, space slang? Confusing as fuck. And, yet, I find myself wanting to continue it. Just for the future romance, goddamn my weakness.
Elaine Howlin
description

If you loved the relationship between Kylo Ren and Rey (Reylo 😉 ) in the recent Star Wars movies you will probably be into this. I sure as heck was!! I just wish it had been longer but there are six more episodes for me to look forward to.

There are a few Star Wars undertones but don’t worry if you’re not a fan, it’s nothing like it really. There’s an evil empire like company, people with special abilities and chosen one vibes for our leading lady but that’s kind of it for the Star Wars simi
Kate (BloggingwithDragons)
I found out about this book through the Reylo community, and I wasn't disappointed. Though I was expecting more of a blatant fanfiction type of novel, with characters and settings ripped right from the screen, Neron Rising is an original story, with only its inspirations from Star Wars.

Nova, an engineer, lives on the planet Korpillion, one of the few planets deemed inhabitable because it doesn't have any Neron. This blue substance, which is in everything and used for its amazing powers, is somet
cobwebbing
Dec 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Jacqueline J
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
So this review is going to be for the first three episodes which I've read so far. First off and I hate to say it but the price is pretty steep for the amount of pages and reading time you get. The story isn't done and I'm not sure I'm going to continue to pay $2.99 for each 150 pages (approx.) On to the story..

I like the world building and the story arc. It's different and well developed. It has a pretty solid space opera feel to it and the romance element is well presented and well paced. I re
Kelly
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This isn't the first book I've read from this author and I'm glad to say that I liked this one as much as her other series. Neron Rising hooked me from the beginning. It's fast-paced and even though it's only 112 pages, there are four "episodes" in this saga so that's nice!

In this book, we follow Nova. She's (illegally) making and selling Nero weapons to earn money and survive on this overpopulated and polluted planet. We quickly learn that she is connected and can communicate with someone in h
Jessy's 🌘escape from reality🌒
What a surprise, I really enjoyed this book. I love that the hero is not a hero at all. He's broken, powerful and feared. I can't wait to have more of Valen and Nova.
My Bookish Delights
Um, so yeah. I found this book through a video recommending books if you were a fan of Reylo, which I was. This is heavily inspired by Star Wars to the point of being a retelling. It's also a dreaded serial, which is something I can't stand. I don't like having to pay $3 for a few chapters (or in this case a hundred pages) as it adds up quickly to about $13 for what could be one novel. It always feels like a money grab and I dislike them on principle.

Pros:
-The writing was decent.
-The lore seeme
Charleyexoh
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so grateful that I had been approved to read this because it absolutely blew me away.

The front cover drew me towards this book, it had a very Star Wars feel to it and I adore this type of genre when it comes to reading. I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I came to the realisation that it was 88 pages long but it feels so much longer than that because of how great the story itself is.

I loved the whole world that Nova describes, it wasn’t confusing or too much for me as a reader. I tru
Angelika
Mandie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw this book, I immediately fell in love with the cover!! I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I started reading it, as I’m usually not a fan of sci-fi or space fantasy. But this book far exceeded my expectations from the very first page. I read it in one sitting because I just had to know what happened. I am eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Marianne Post
Star Wars.......and not the good trilogy.
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
This is Reylo fanfic realized. Straight up. Now, you might say that's an unfair comparison, but you would be dead fucking wrong because sometime after I got this for free, it was advertised to me on Instagram as a book I'd like if I was into Reylo.

And I took a screenshot of that shit because oh my GOD:

description

The author knows what's up. She's fully aware. She embraces it.

So if you're generally aware of the latest Star Wars trilogy, you'll immediately begin to draw parallels. Girl working hard to survi
Violet Stone
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was incredibly intriguing, albeit a little short. When I realized how short this book was I thought perhaps this was more of an intro novella but the rest are just as small. No worries, sometimes I like quick reads.

I'll admit it is nice sometimes to just read a book that doesn't have a lot filler just to get that page count. This book is no nonsense and jumps right in. The world building was well done, I have questions, sure, but there's six more books to answer them all.

Nova, our main gal,
Penny
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was really, really reluctant to read this book because the genre isn’t one of the ones I generally read in. However, since I have read and appreciated the author’s works before, I went ahead to took the plunge. And, OMG, I am so glad I did! This series is episodic in nature so don’t expect a full book, but there was just so much in this one. Intrigue, attraction, action, and plot just all came together to create a book I didn’t want to stop (in point of fact, I did read it all in one setting)! ...more
María Bravo Macías
What a difference between the last "sci-fi" book I read! Now this is what I'm into.

Two strong main characters with a strong bond. Star-Crossed lovers. A nice and trustworthy friendship. Everything I like. Not too cheesy but not boring either. The perfect balance :) This book gives me so many starwars vibes (with all due respect to the Starwars saga and fans, even tho I'm a Starwars fan myself reylofanoverhere) and in the best way possible. Nova reminds me a lot of Rey and the guy reminds me of B
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, 2018
This is an exciting new series that is told in episode format. The author quickly drew me into the story and has left me wanting more. The author has built a world and created characters easily pictured. I don’t want to say too much for fear of giving anything away. I will say, I’m very curious to see what happens next.
Ginger Apple
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
As a huge fan of the Rey/Kylo dynamic in Star Wars, I decided to check this book out and I'm glad I did! It's a fun Sci Fi book with an interesting premise and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Cecilia
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super surprised by this book. Very good writing and interesting story. Too short but looking forward to the rest.
Coco.V
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/17/2019)! 🎁
Sophia
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of Star Wars, the Red Rising trilogy, and basically anything space-related this could be you kind of story. However, the relationship and romance aspect is key to the story line!! So don't go into this book thinking its going to be all destroyer ships and battle scenes, because (thank god) it's not!
I myself love any story that takes place on other planets and in the future, but with all the science fiction there is out there, romance usually has a small, censored, role in the var
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Neron is everything in the reality Nova lives in. It can be used to fuel technology,create powerful weapons and some even use it to gain powers.

There used to be special kind of people the Nero that could use the Neron. But they were all killed off in the war. The Only surviving Nero Valen is under the control of the Dominion.

When The Dominion finds Neron on a planet it invades and evict the inhabitants of that planet.
Korpillion the overcrowded planet where Nova lives has a secret mine of Neron.
SUZAN C.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am both in wonder and broken after reading Neron Rising. Wonder because once again, Keary's extremely talented writing has me in awe. Broken because her story has also left me hanging on an edge, like dangling dangerously on the edge of a cliff waiting to see what happens next, because I seriously need Episode 2 now!

Keary Taylor is so talented with her writing that every time there's even a whisper of a new book I stalk her endlessly online (Keary, if you're reading this don't freak out :
Amanda
Fans of the Star Wars sequel trilogy and Rey/Kylo Ren shippers will love this book! While I am an Original Trilogy girl at heart, I do like the new movies well enough and secretly do ship them; I know, I know- he's bad news and it would be a terrible relationship, but that's the beauty of it being fictional! Personally, I’m still holding out hope for this fan theory that I heard saying Kylo Ren is a double agent who infiltrated the First Order to take them down from the inside… granted, this was ...more
Melody Luna Reads
Neron.

It's the most powerful, incredible substance in the Eon Galaxy. It also gives rise to the most powerful beings in the galaxy, the Nero, who are capable of a number of psychic abilities, as well as bending Neron to their wills. Now, there is only one Nero left.

Unfortunately, both are tightly controlled by the Dominion.

On the overpopulated planet of Korpillion, Nova Ainsley is an illegal weapons manufacturer who is capable of creating weapons that can wield Neron. She's preparing to escape
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pirate Consort (Telepathic Space Pirates #2)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles, #2)
  • Pirate Nemesis (Telepathic Space Pirates #1)
  • War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
  • Alphas, Airships, and Assassins (Mixologists and Pirates #4-6)
  • King Of Flames (The Masks of Under #1)
  • Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion, #1)
  • Homebound
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • Summoned (Sundance, #2)
  • Breakaway (Verdant String #1)
  • Seas of Crimson Silk (Burning Empire, #1)
  • For the Blood (For the Blood #1)
  • King Of Shadows (The Masks of Under #2)
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

Neron Rising Saga (7 books)
  • Neron Skies (Neron Rising Saga, #2)
  • Nero Awakening (The Neron Rising Saga #3)
  • Nero Blood (The Neron Rising Saga #4)
  • Nero Nights (The Neron Rising Saga Book 5)
  • Neron Wars (The Neron Rising Saga #6)
  • Nero Kingdom (The Neron Rising Saga #7)

News & Interviews