Start by marking “Changing the Game (Breaking #2)” as Want to Read:
Changing the Game (Breaking #2)

Changing the Game

(Breaking #2)

A half-cocked hellion and a woman looking for safety both have secrets that could ruin their second chance.

Even though the only woman Lexington Olivo ever loved walked away five years ago, fate has just brought her back. Now he’s on the road to redemption, determined to prove he can be a better man than he was before…but is the darkness of his past really gone?

After a tumu
Published October 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Changing the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing the Game

Start your review of Changing the Game (Breaking #2)
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Second chance romance. They were college sweethearts, and then Lex got mixed up in drugs and gangs. Lila gave him the boot. Now five years later, he's clean and an up-and-coming MMA fighter. They meet again, and fireworks are still there. Lots of drama and some sexy times. Then yet again the book just ends, nothing extra.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

A stand-alone novel and darker storyline unlike book one of the Breaking The Rules series. Despite the minor difference, the story was kinda meh. Not entirely engaging for me and I found it to be mediocre at best. Not bad. Not good. Just meh. Found myself dragging myself through the chapters so I dropped it like it hot half way through and moved on with something else more interesting. Just not my cup of tea.

Anastasia シ
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full Review on my blog!

*a copy was provided by NetGalley*

Oooooof

This was everything. I love second chance romances, but this was so much more.

Lex, a MMA trainer and Lila, a registered nurse hoping to get a promotion. Their past romance didn't end well and they weren't planning on ever seeing each other again, but fast forward five years and they bump into each other. Now that they've rekindled their relationship, Lila wants to hold off on dating him in fear that their relationship should end in
Grady
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Holt’s gym attracted a certain caliber – models, celebrities, the upper crust '

Ohio author Ember Leigh has published twelve novels to date, books in romance series – BAYSHORE SERIES, EROTIC DESTINATIONS SERIES and this, THE BREAKING SERIES, of which this is Book 2. She lives near Lake Erie.

While her status as a steamy romance writer is established, in this book Ember adds a fine sense of family conflicts, touch-me-not attractions, and some insights into fitness gyms. It works well and opens her
Jos
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Andrea Gillan
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Good read

Lex came from a dark last and he lost his one true love due to his stupidity. Now years later a chance meeting brings them together again only for the darkness to resurface.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Ember Leigh does it again with Changing The Game. I love a dark romance and I love second chance romances. This story was that and so much more. We get to see the under ground world at it's finest.

Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
While I loved the overall concept and feel of the story, at times it felt a bit rushed and it took me a few sentences to realize which character’s POV I was reading from (which always takes away from a story, IMO).
I did love the darker undertone to the book (I’m always down for a darker love story) and while the characters attraction was undeniable, I needed to feel more longing from each character in the beginning.
Changing the Game is book 2 in the series but can be read as a stand-alone. I am
patrick Lorelli
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A second chance romance story. It starts with Lex, Lexington who is now an MMA fighter and trainer at a gym that is owned by his friend Travis. Five years ago his life was different very different. Actually it started before that in high school when he meet and feel for the girl that was his tutor for an English class. They were both seniors and she helped pass so he could graduate. He also feel for her. Lila though kept putting him off and would not go out on a date with him. She had been accep ...more
Meagan
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
An e-arc has been provided in exchange for an honest review.

Changing the Game is a story about Lex, a MMA trainer and Lila, a registered nurse hoping to get a promotion. Their past romance didn't end well and neither one was expecting to see the other again. Now that they've rekindled their relationship, Lila wants to hold off on dating him in fear that their relationship should end in the same circumstances.

As much of a sucker as I am for cheesy romance books, this one just wasn't my cup
Karen
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lexington’s past comes back to haunt him five years after he has broken his bad habits. He is now fighting legitimately and has a great job as well as great friends. It’s about to come tumbling down though. After doing a promo for the gym he’s working at, his past finds him and wants him back. He has also seen his one true love again and wants to start over, but fate has a different idea.

Lila has a secret that has been in the making for five years. Her reuniting with Lex may be a disaster if he
J
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I usually only give reviews on books I love, because If I don’t like it, I truly believe that it just may be me & that others may like it! But I read this as an arc, so here goes my review: I liked the story, and I liked the emotions the author was able to pull from me in the scenes. At times, though, I found myself skipping over paragraphs to get to the good stuff. The storyline is real & believable, but I guess it was the characters’ inner dialogues that just felt like too much & trying to jus ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for an ARC to read and give my honest opinion.

This was a first by this author and I have to give her kudos because she basically nailed a great book. Second chance romances make a part of all of us flutter because let's face it...plenty of us have an ex we would love for this to magically work with. I truly enjoyed Lex as a character and his come about from bad way. His stoic character and the lovely Lila made for a great pair.

What did I like? Love the MMA angle and all
Joy Novel Thoughts
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Changing the Game by Ember Leigh is a fun read! I enjoyed, but I also had some problems with it, hence my three star review.

Let me preface that I'm not really a huge mma/ fighting trope fan, because the men tend to be too... over the top alpha, and if you've been around my reviews for a while you know I'm not a big fan of that. I went out on a limb reading Changing the Game. If that is your cup of tea, you will probably love this story much more than I did.

The entire story is rooted in a dark p
Melissa
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Lex and Lila had a tumultuous relationship that ended with Lila running five years ago. Since then Lex has gotten his life back on track and Lila has found a career she loves. Neither were expecting to run into each other or for the feelings to hit them so hard when they did. Although they have moved on from their past relationship they never truly let go of the love thet had for one another. Will this be their second chance or will fear and resentment keep them from trying again?
Lex has a past
Vicki Bennett
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful fast paced second chance story. New characters meet old both for the characters and the readers. Amara and Travis remain supporting characters for Led and Lilas second chance.

Lex has made his way and left his old life of addiction, street fighting and gangs behind including much to his dismay the love of his life...Lila who walked out on him when he was out of control. He's never been able to find her even when he tried, so he gave up, changed with the help of Travis and is finally fi
Jen
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Breaking series and it is a great addition to the series in the form of a second chance. In this book we get to know Lex and his past, along with his present and fingers crossed his future which contains the only woman he has ever loved and regretted letting go, Lila. Five years ago, Lila made the decision to break things off with Lex and walk away as she didn't want to have the future that she initially seem with him at the time. She needed to break free and go of ...more
Jackie Roberts
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lex is an under ground fighter for a gang. He loves the fighting and the drugs and everything that comes with the under ground life but he also loves Lila. She is his everything and the chemistry they have is crazy hot and sexy as hell but Lila is tired of the drugs, fights and other crap that comes with loving Lex so she leaves him.

Fast forward five years and Lex has cleaned himself up and has his life all together except for the one who got away Lila. Fate is a b@#ch they say and the two of th
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Ember Leigh lands another knock out with Changing the Game. I can't get enough of this series. Each book in this series is a gem that wins over my heart without question.

I've said this in my other reviews for her books but Ember Leigh has some damn good quality writing. I love her writing style so much. Everything about it draws me into the story and keeps my attention indefinitely. She really wows me with her ability to spin words.

I think that I enjoyed the plot of this book much more than the
Kali McQuillen
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc, 2018-read
Lex has almost everything he's ever wanted except for Lila. The one that left, the one that he made leave because he wouldn't change. He liked his life the way that it was...until she walked away. That opened his eyes in ways that her staying never could have done.

When he sees her again the spark is still there between them. He's clean now and wants to prove to her that he's got his poop in a group. He just needs time to show her all the ways that he's changed. That he's the man for her, he alwa
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 Stars

Lila and Lex have a complicated history. They had a passion and intense love that wasn’t strong enough to help Lex overcome his demons. Now they cross paths five years later and life has changed for them both. Lex is living s successful life, a clean life. Lila works hard but has her own secret to keep from Lex, but she can deny the pull he still has on her. As they get closer the past rears it’s ugly head and we see two people struggling to be their best selves. You will be turning pages
M&J’s Book Blog
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: j, 3-star-review
Changing the game was a good book. While this book is the second book in the series it can be read as a standalone. Lex and Lila had an intense connection. I enjoyed the mystery and the darkness in the story. Their connection was strong even when they first see each other after 5 years of being apart. I always enjoy a second chance romance and I especially loveeee a bad boy fighter and Lex was alllll bad boy! My only issue with the story was that it felt a little rushed. I would’ve liked to see ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s been five years since Lex lost the only woman he has ever loved. Lila wasn’t prepared to let his lifestyle drag her down into the abyss with him and she needed to think of her future even if it meant breaking her heart and leaving him.

When they meet again the feelings between them are stronger than ever. He is no longer the same man she left, and he wants a second chance, but she has even more reasons to be careful about getting involved with him again. Will they be able to overcome both Li
Karen Roma
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Changing the Game is definitely a story based on the darker side of life, so if you are averse to this being thrust in your face, then this may not be the book for you. I however enjoy an author who is unafraid to delve into the seedier side of this world and bring forth the real struggles and adversities that are often part of everyday life.

Lex and Lila’s story is a second chance romance, but it is also dark and emotional with many complex aspects to navigate throughout. One thing that did take
A.
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Lila and Lex have such a complicated history but a second chance when they have grown up so much could be just what they need, except there are a few roadblocks. I hate that she kept the secret for so long from Lex. The cop ex-boyfriend is creepy and needs to learn a lesson on how to treat ladies. When he gets pulled back into the underground fighting and thinks he can handle everything on his own well things go straight downhill from there. Just wish he would have told his fiends why was going ...more
Amanda
This rating is KILLING me because I want it to be higher, this was a great book but I felt like it wasn’t finished at the end. It didn’t feel like a HEA...it felt rushed and forced at the end.

I loved the characters both Lex and Lila. They were great...it’s bugging me that I can’t for the life of me place what is holding this rating back for me other than the ending but there was something else, I just can’t figure out what is holding me back from a higher rating.

Anywho I did actually really like
Red Hot Romance Blog
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-reads
I received an ARC of this book in return for my honest opinion. I really liked the idea for the book. While enjoy a good second chance romance, I need a little more in the beginning. I feel like the way they left each other it shouldn’t have been so cordial when they met again. I kind of enjoy a little bitterness, it shows the true heartache there. Other then that I liked the book. For me sometimes I feel like I’d rather only see the heroine’s POV so I can’t know exactly how he feels. I like to ...more
Layne Morrill
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riveting, edge of your seat!

Lex and Lila had the super cute start to their story, he needed help in school and she was the tutor... He had to fight for her attention and for her to finally give in to him and be with him. They fell in love and because of that, she had to leave him as that was the as the only way she could truly help him and save him...

5 years later, they end up seeing each other again. Their chemistry stronger than ever. Did the 5 years apart save Lex? Is Lila willing to risk ev
J. Ockenhouse
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lex and Lila are the stars of this well written dark/2nd chance love story.

It shows what we don't really know about...the underground. So it's got the violence and drugs but it's also emotional and real. Just because love isn't always black and white we sometimes are struck in the gray. Fight it all they want but fate gave them another shot because they definitely needed each other.

Loved the plot and getting to know these characters. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Mary
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this new "Breaking" story! This story just draws you and keeps you captivated. I love Lex and Lila's story!! They have sizzling hot chemistry! Lex's past comes to find him. Lila is the one that left over his bad habits. This is a very captivating read that I don't want to give anything away. You must read it! This story had me captivated until the very end; I could not put it down!! It is nicely developed and well written. I like the ups, downs, push and pulls in this story as well as ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mountain Man's Secret Baby
  • Just One Promise (The Carter Brothers #3)
  • Meant to be Yours (Love at First Sight #1)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Love to Hate Her (Wild Minds Duet, #1)
  • My Hero (McCabe Brothers, #2)
  • Sweet Nothings
  • Her Dominant Boss
  • Colt (Desert Sinners MC, #2)
  • Auctioned to the A-lister
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Taboo Mountain Daddy (Mountain Men of Liberty, #6)
  • Brothers in Arms (Kings of Mayhem MC, #2)
  • Dirty Cop (Dirty Series #2)
  • The Dare
  • Baby I'm Yours (Angel Sands #5)
  • The Nerd Next Door
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)

Breaking (6 books)
  • Breaking the Rules (Breaking #1)
  • Breaking The Sinner (Breaking #3)
  • My Little Secret (Breaking #3.5)
  • Breaking the Habit (Breaking #4)
  • Breaking the Fall (Breaking #5)