Start by marking “The Silver Queen (Sovereign #2)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Queen (Sovereign #2)

The Silver Queen

(Sovereign #2)

Julia is trapped inside the Blue as the Nobles fight over the few humans who are still alive. When the dust settles and she finds herself shackled to a new master, she knows she must escape or die.

Meanwhile, Cam has gathered a handful of comrades and is on his way into the Red to res
Published October 17th 2018 by Silver Sun Books

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Queen

Start your review of The Silver Queen (Sovereign #2)
Dianne
Vampiric nobles control the Earth and all of humanity. The last city standing is on the brink of destruction as the blood supplies become contaminated and the Blue has been breached by the outside Red. Is the Red really a land of death and desolation or have the humans been told lies to keep them compliant? Only the brave or the desperate would venture out there…

Josie Jaffrey takes us back into this dystopian world with another highly emotional, razor-sharp and magnetic read, THE SILVER QUEEN as
Princess
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received the ebook from the author in exchange for my honest review.
This was an exciting second book in this series. I adore Lucas and Julia and we learn so much more about all the characters.
With all the Weepers and blood drinking it has the perfect spooky vibe for this time of year.
There is also a major cliffhanger at the end that left me excited for the last book
Siobhan
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
To say I was eager to dive into The Silver Queen is an understatement. My feelings were well beyond mere eagerness, as I was desperate to dive into the second book in the Sovereign series. In fact, after finishing The Gilded King all I wanted to do was devour more of Josie Jaffrey’s work. Therefore, as you can imagine, I devoured The Silver Queen.

The Gilded King, book one, set the standard for the Sovereign series extremely high, with The Silver Queen easily living up to the standard. As with th
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Josie Jaffrey!

The Silver Queen
is the second book in the Sovereign series and continues the story of Julia and Cam.

The Silver Queen was yet another amazing book written by Josie Jaffrey. I was so excited when I got this book in the mail and I couldn’t wait to read it. The story is so fast paced and well written, it’s so hard to put down the book.

Julia is definitely one of my favourite characters beca
Hannah Jones
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to jump into this book after Gilded King, especially after reading that Emmy and Sol were back..... YES!
Josie keeps to the original characters of this series, Lucas, Julia, Cam and Felix. However the character perspectives are Julia and Cam.
I asked Josie on Twitter when will we be meeting these characters again, she has informed me February 2019, just in time for my Birthday.
I did ask if Emmy and Sol will be the point of views, but we will continue to see this story from Julia
yorkshirebooknerd
“The last city on Earth is contaminated. Now blood is the only thing that can wash it clean.”

Book two in the Sovereign series picks up where book one left off.

After the grand battle in the Blue, Julia finds herself desperately trying to survive whilst the Nobles fight over the few remaining humans. However hiding out in abandoned houses doesn’t last long and Julia soon finds herself assigned to a new master. With Lucas gone and no one else able to protect her, Julia knows she needs to leave the
(Love, Stars and Books)
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
(I received a free book from the author in exchange for an honest review.)

Book review: The Silver Queen (Sovereign #2) by Josie Jaffrey (4 stars)

“I feel like I’m losing my mind.”
“ Then we’ll find it together.”

The Silver Queen (Sovereign #2) by Josie Jaffrey
Genre: YA, Romance, science fiction-dystopian
Rating: 4/5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: This review is based on my opinion only.)

The last city on Earth, the Blue is contaminated and only blood can wash it clean. Julia is trapped in the Blue as
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series, I really need to catch up on the other Author’s work. The Author has a very great ability to immediately suck you into the story, to suck you into the world she has built. You feel for the characters, you want to see how they survive.

Everything is in grey, there is no pure good and no pure bad. The characters you see as the ‘bad’ guys you know there are multiple layers to why they do what they do. Survive, need for attention, need to feel something. Yes, they go abou
Brenda
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Resenha em Português aqui: http://momentosdeataraxia.blogspot.co...
"This book is a young-adult dystopian fantasy located in a futuristic Europe. It's the second book in the Sovereign trilogy.

The first book left a lot of things on hold and I was anxious to know Julia's and Lucas's fate. Of course, I wanted to know the fate of all the other characters, but I ship Julia and Lucas, or Jucas as I like to call them, so I was even more curious to know the fate of these two.

In this book we can observe c
Erica Mae Campos
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review originally pubilshed on my blog, Living a Hundred Lives

The Silver Queen by Josie Jaffrey is the second book in The Sovereign Trilogy. It begins where The Gilded King had left off. It would be a little confusing if you start this book without reading the first one.

I’ve recently read the first book last January and I blame my short memory for forgetting a few things. I was a bit lost at first but I immediately found my way after reading a few chapters. The Silver Queen follows The Invicti
Sapphistication
Any of you who have been here a while will have seen my review of The Gilded King and will know that I had very high hopes and expectations for the second installment of the trilogy.

Well the day has arrived! I finally got to read more, and I am so very happy. Josie Jaffrey’s writing is an absolute pleasure to read. This series perfectly toes the line between humorous and serious, bouncing between moments of pure fear where blood runs in the streets and moments where a group of highly trained vam
Cassandra **The Bibliophagist**
see my full review here: https://thebibliophagist.blog/2019/02...

Once again, Josie brings such an appealing cover. This time, on the second book’s cover, we see the Queen running. The meshing of blue and red are better understood when you have read the story of the first novel. The lettering looks as if a few are turning silver, that has a deeper meaning in the novel as well. It is hard not to look at this cover and not want to take it and give it a wonderful home on your shelf.

With such a high
Esmée van der Weide
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“What blood contaminates, only blood can cleanse.”

★★★★★

I was offered this book by Josie Jaffrey in exchange of an honest review.

This is the second book in this trilogy and even though part one was already absolutely amazing, somehow it got so much better and I just??? I was just talking with someone earlier this week about the whole stigma about self-publishing and the quality of the book and I can really say that Josie Jaffrey is the living proof that the way of publishing says nothing about th
KarenJo Custodio
Blood was spilled. Hearts were broken. And the intoxicating FEELS in this sequel will have you reeling!!!

This book left me absolutely stunned! And I mean that in the most wonderful way. Josie Jaffrey brought me back into this deliciously dark and terrifying, but undeniably fascinating dystopian world without holding anything back. As I’m thrown deeper into this world, I was postively engrossed by Jaffrey’s beautiful writing, her creativity, and the perfectly broken and flawed characters you can’
Amy Rush Da Silva
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series - The Gilded King back in September and was instantly sucked into this unique, dystopian world (it also awoke my love for Vampire YA again!), so I couldn't wait to read the sequel - The Silver Queen. As the first book had set the standards high for this series I was slightly worried that The Silver Queen wasn't going to live up to my expectations. However, as you will see, my thoughts were utterly wrong! This was an incredible follow up.

As soon as you start r
2shay
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review by 2shay..........

I have developed a full on girl crush on Josie Jaffrey. She’s a great story-teller and a wonderful writer. She has created a vivid world where the smell of the streets, the look of the buildings, before and after the last war between the vampiric nobles fight for the remaining uncontaminated humans, becomes real...a world of characters I’ve loved from the beginning.

This book starts immediately after the events of book one, The Gilded King. Cam has gathered his closest fr
Tessa
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This review appeared on Narratess.com first.

I was really excited when Josie Jaffrey mailed me asking I wanted to review her second book in the Sovereign series. I loved The Gilded King and I knew The Silver Queen would be an enjoyable read. Since this is the second book, if you haven't read the first one yet, this review might contain minor spoilers.

The characters are now familiar and their alliances become apparent throughout the book. The two sides are clear now and war is brewing. Cameron is
Ramona Plant
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Silver Queen is a very well written book by Josie Jaffrey. This book is the perfect second book in this Trilogy. In this book the action does not seem to stop and our Invicti seem to battle against all odds. The author came up with a riveting plot that had me glued to the pages. I had a difficult time putting this book down and was disappointed when I was at the end, that ended at a cliff hanger. I for one can't wait to read the final installation of this one to see how it all ends, unless o ...more
V
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Why I chose this book:
I could hardly wait for this after I read The Gilded King, which is the first book in the series. A review copy was provided by the author.

Review
(There will be some spoilers in the interest of being able to write sense.)

The Silver Queen picks up right where The Gilded King left off. The Blue, where nobles drink the blood of human servants, is in shambles; nobles fight each other in the street over the remaining humans with clean blood. Julia, our human heroine, remains in
Brittany Lamb
And she's done it again!
I seriously love Josie Jaffrey's writing. This series took me by shock in the first book and now that I knew what to expect this time around, I was not disappointed!

It's been a long time since I've been into vampire books, and I'm 98.9% sure that I'm still over them beyond this series. Jaffrey gives the human/vampire dynamic a new twist that makes it fun and interesting. For instance, the romances in this book are something out of a very imaginative and creative mind! T
legenbooksdary
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had its fast and slow paced moments but honestly there was never a dull moment. I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I do that even as I'm writing my review of this book, I can't stop thinking about it.

So, the story continues exactly from the moment the first book, The Gilded King finished. Everything was answered and just being back in this world where the Nobles are rescuing their queen, Julia is fighting for her freedom (I really love this because it just shows that she doe
Larissa (Book Bosomed Blonde)
A slow burn fantasy, that takes on the quest to save a queen that has been missing for centuries. There's betrayal, romance, fighting and questionable morals that all combine to make one interesting story.

Being that this is the second book in the series, i expected there to be a lot more character development, and secrets revealed. Instead, we got a whole load of action, which seemed almost unnecessary until the very end. And very conflicting character development.

I really enjoyed Cam's part of
Clementine
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"There are not enough words to describe how amazing, brilliant and fantastic The Silver Queen is. This novel is a pure joy to read, and one that kept me mesmerized and gripped from the very first page. A truly welcoming novel for my absolute love for book 1 of the Sovereign series, The Gilded King. I can honestly say that this magnificent book, including book 1 in the series, I truly connected with each and every one of the main characters and imagined I was there with them in their world. A boo ...more
Arianna Curley
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you again to the author for the ebook in exchange for an honest review!

The Silver Queen takes us back into the dystopian world of the Blue versus the Red. The Invicti find themselves in a race against time to find their Queen who has been lost for centuries out in the Red. Cam reunites with Felix who’s past isn’t as clear as he has been making it out to be.....and Cam is forced to make a hard decision. Trust the man he loves or force him to leave?
Julia on the other hand is left in the Blue
Sarah Sherwood
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's hard to write a review with no spoilers.

I've been in the world of the Silver for a long time. I like this world. I like Julia. Jaffrey has a way of making characters do things I don't want them to do and having it work out just fine for them and the story. That actually sounds ridiculous, BUT more than once I've thought NO! then had to resign myself to what the character had actually done. I wanted to punch Emmy in the face for like 2 and a half books, but after that not so much.

I got a li
Erin Cataldi
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
It's been a minute since I read the first book in the Sovereign series, but one chapter into The Silver Queen and it all came rushing back. It was like picking back up with friends who I hadn't seen in a while. There is no time lapse between this book and the first, but it is one you most definitely need to have read the first one to understand this one. It's a complex story line and readers jumping into this one would become easily lost. The Gilded King ended with the last uncontaminated city b ...more
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
I loved reading this! The first book surprised me with how gripped I was from the first page, the first book I had come across by the author and I loved it enough to buy the complete set for her other series.

Having enjoyed book one so much, I had high expectations for book 2, and I was far from disappointed, rather surprised at how much I also enjoyed this! I love the stories that intertwine and run alongside one another, neither of which is ever predictable.

The story has many twists and turns,
Leslie Baker
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Colline Vinay Kook-Chun
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I opened the pages of this novel eagerly as the last novel in the series had left me wanting more. Jaffrey dove right into the story, picking up where she had left off. Once again I immersed myself in the world of the Noble vampires, and in the experience of my favourite characters. The answers to my questions were weaved expertly into the tale as the experience of the vampires and humans were described. I found myself figuratively biting my nails as I read what happens to Julia; my heart beat j ...more
Mandy Parmenter
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Earth's last city (the Blue Zone) is contaminated so the vampire nobles are fighting over the remaining clean humans in the zone. With Cam with a few comrades in the Red Zone searching for the missing Queen, with the absence of vampire Lucas human Julia is forced to be with a new master. This convinces her that she has to escape or die. Can Cam find the Queen even with treachery from from some of his comrades, and will Julia escape her new master?

This is an explosive second instalment in the dys
Goodreads Librari...: Add Book To Existing series 3 13 Sep 28, 2018 09:50AM

• Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • Witch Cursed in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau Cozy Mystery Book 10)
  • Inn Over Her Head (Dusky Cove B&B Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Witchbotched in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau Cosy Mystery Book 9)
  • Witch Haunted in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau Cosy Mystery Book 7)
  • Witch Undercover in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau Cosy Mystery Book 3)
  • Witch Slapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #4)
  • Killer Witch in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau Cosy Mystery Book 6)
  • Witch Silenced in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #5)
  • Witch Oracle in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau Cosy Mystery Book 8)
  • The Unexpected Spy: From the CIA to the FBI, My Secret Life Taking Down Some of the World's Most Notorious Terrorists
  • Journey (The Borderlands, #1)
  • Thin Ice (Miranda's Rights #5)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Ophelia
  • Celtic Tales of Magic and Enchantment: Mythical Tales From Irish Folklore
  • Release (Angler, #3)
  • Call of the Vampire (Vanderlind Castle, #1)
I have always written stories, but it wasn't until I started the first book in the Solis Invicti series in 2014 that I really became obsessed with writing. I love to read, particularly where the escapism of the story is enhanced with an element of fantasy or science fiction. For me, writing is simply an extension of that journey, but I get to decide what happens next (though it's amazing how often ...more

Sovereign (3 books)
  • The Gilded King (Sovereign, #1)
  • The Blood Prince (Sovereign, #3)