Start by marking “False Hope (False #2)” as Want to Read:
False Hope (False #2)

False Hope

(False #2)

She thinks she’s fooled me. But I’ve known all along.

Almost.

Lily is hiding something, a secret so big, she came out of a year-long coma and her first instinct was to lie.

Who does that? Someone who is afraid. No—not afraid.

Terrified. And it’s my job to take that fear away.

My partner and I have spent countless man-hours hunting down the cold-blooded killer who did this to he
Published 2019 by Prosaic Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about False Hope, please sign up.

Start your review of False Hope (False #2)
Dora Koutsoukou
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3 😞😞😞⭐️s

While in the first book we had Lily’s pov, in the second we have Duff’s. The writing was very good as well, the storyline full of twists and suspense. There were scenes of actions and thoughts that didn’t actually move the plot forward and there were moments that I just wanted to put it down...
Paula  Phillips
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this series continues to blow me away if you need a great romantic suspense author to devour then Meli Raine is the author for you. WOW in the second book, we had Duff finding out the reason why Lily was faking her amnesia and then finally a great bonding session between Duff, Silas, Jane, and Lily over at Alice's old ranch. This series just keeps readers on their toes as new conspiracies and secrets pop up all over the place, and you think you have a handle on what is happening and the thr ...more
Ixxati
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This book are from Duff POV. Okay kinda like and trust him now.

Goshhh Lily should tell everyone before things got complicated like this phewwww but yeahh I understand her. The shooter was so close to her.

🌟🌟🌟.5
Megan
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: tumultuous, sexy, arc
Picking up exactly where we were left with False Memory, we're treated to Duff's POV. He knows Lily is lying and it's imperative she reveals her secrets to him. But what he learns is both devastating and enlightening. The truth leads them to a web of secrecy so interconnected it'll take a miracle to sort it out and save Lily's life.

Through Duff's eyes we see Lily in a similar way as before, but we're adding a tender element to the crazy that surrounds them. Lily is still the strong woman we've c
Shelley
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Didn’t see that coming❣️

Book two picks up where book one finished, although book one is written in Lily’s POV this one is refreshing as it’s written in Duff’s POV😍

Things are starting to unravel as Duff is forced to make decisions which lead the team to knowing more about him than he wants them to know....but to gain trust, he needs to control what information he gives them and stick as close to the truth, without revealing HIS truth🤔

Looking forward to the final book in this trilogy and have to
Iris
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meli's books are wonderful!
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
False Hope is the second book in the False Trilogy, so hopefully everyone understands THAT YOU MUST READ False Memory (Book 1) FIRST! This story picks back up where Book 1 left off, but with a twist. As False Memory was in Lily's POV, False Hope is in Duff's POV, which I really needed, as I wasn't truly feeling him in the first book, because I really didn't get a read on him to be honest. He finds out the reasoning behind Lily faking her amnesia, which leads to a heartwarming moment where they a ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Gahhhhh! I don’t even know what to say about this book! If you’ve gotten this far in this series, you know what you’ve gotten yourself into. You are well aware that Meli Raine is a web spinning, twist writing master! So many pieces, so many wheels in motion, so many players to consider...it’s incredible how she does it all and has it actually make sense!!

The more answers we gain, the more questions pile on. I feel like while I know certain aspects of the mystery, there is still so much I don’t k
Romance Between The Sheets
OMG, this next installment blew me away. Told from Duff's POV it helps you understand fully where he is coming from with his depth of devotion to protect Lily.

It continues right where False #1 left off. My favourite component of this part of the series is that we get to see Duff and Lily's relationship and friendship develop. It is a slow burn and gave them depth, we see them laugh, fight and ignite.

As with all Meli Raine's stories, you think you know where she is taking us and then a curveball
Kimberlie
****** CLIFFHANGER ENDING ******
I *really* dislike cliffhanger endings, and particularly the ones without warning in the blurb. Fortunately, I have access to the entire series, so I will treat it as a whole.

****** SPINOFF SERIES ******
Another thing that would have been *really* nice to know before I started is that characters from this book were originally from another series. I didn't know that until I finished book 1 and read other reviews that pointed it out. That was an a-ha moment! I think
Ann L.
Feb 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: psychological babble B.S.
Recommended to Ann by: suckered into a FREE book through BookBub (trilogy)
Disappointed. I got through about 60% but in reality I got bored way before that. Not enough action and too much head talk with the male bodyguard "Duff" character (constantly analyzing his feelings and this and that--zzzzzz). This second one in the trilogy is narrated by him too. For whatever reason, I found him quite boring even though he has this "secret" he can't tell anyone. I could care less now because I constantly have to listen to his head talk. I should be liking this series as I reall ...more
Taylor S
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Book #1 was interesting, the plot kept me captive. Book 2 not so much. It dragged in many spots, was repetitive at times, almost like the author was purposely stringing it out so there could be a book 3.
The entire story should have been told in two books! When the thoughts, questions, etc. by the characters are said repeatedly throughout the book with no moving forward with the plot, I find it boring and just a way to fill the pages .... and that’s a big turn off for me.
Stephanie Villere
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is False Hope, book 2 of the exciting False series, written by Meli Raine. Wow! Wow! Wow! There is a huge cloud of subterfuge going on in this series and what a huge cliffhanger!! And I’m still not quite sure whom can be trusted.... there are politicians as well as criminals....seems to be one and the same in this book. The ropes are endless as we try to unwind them to see the puppet master. You don’t want to miss a minute of this one! I’m gonna go crazy waiting on the next book though!
Didi Ps
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot of suspense in this book... What a page turner! I loved the second POV, it was interesting to see the other side... There is so much more that is going on that makes everything seem so complicated, with the enemy closer than ever... So many twists & turns, I can’t wait to read the rest!

I got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Ga Books LoverX
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been sooo READY for this book to be released. The first one definitely set the stage for what was going to be an amazing trilogy and I am not the most patient person ever! 🙂

This book is entirely in Duff’s POV. And wow, we knew that there was a LOT that he hid about himself during the first book, but I had no freaking clue until reading this one.

He is an extremely interesting character and had been through SO much. He is a great guy, completely loyal. but also not wanting to hurt anyone- e
Erin
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book #2 in this series. In the first book we read Lily's POV in the story. This book is Duff's POV which made it very interesting for me. Many questions answered from book one, but so many new questions after the crazy cliff hanger at the end of this book. Duff figures out Lily isn't being truthful to him and works to get her to trust him and tell him her secrets. The drama and secrets continue, but Lily does begin to trust again with help from Duff and friends. Read this series now!!! Don't wai ...more
Liv
3.5 Stars

Who would have thought?! There's a lot more behind the attempted murder of Lily than what first met the eye. Well, obviously it’s more complex than just someone trying to kill a random girl, but it still kept surprising me with how deep the scheming went so far. You gotta be careful and pay attention to the details to keep up.

This entire book was from Duff's POV and while a few secrets were revealed, a lot of them are still in the dark and a ton more questions were raised. The story's
Amber
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
False Hope is a captivatingly haunting masterpiece! This is the gold standard of romantic suspense. No one else can offer such a multi-layered hurricane of a plot and fantastically superb characters that deliver delicious danger, unearthly twists and turns, and sizzling passion! This story is everything that you have come to expect from Meli Raine and then some. She knows her readers want to be taken to the edge and then unceremoniously thrown over into utter chaos and ruin. Only then, does she ...more
Mandy
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Put up the 'Do Not Disturb' signs, find a comfortable seat and settle in because this book needs your undivided attention!

As Lily slowly recovers physically from the traumatic experience of being shot in the back of the head, her emotional well-being is under constant attack.  Someone is still trying to kill her and her trust in everyone around her is put to the test. As Lily and Duff become closer, secrets are revealed that could endanger both their lives.

This story is told from Duff's point
Shelley
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the False trilogy and the eighth in the overall story arc. It is not a stand alone book. You need to at least read False Memory first. It ended in a cliffhanger and this book picks up there. This story builds on the Harmless trilogy and Shameless trilogy. It can be read without those series first, but it references characters and events that happened in those books and it will make more sense if you read 1-6 before 7-9.

Duff and Lily pick up where book one left off. Kis
Tricia
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After a fairly slow start, False Hope soon picked up pace and once the revelations started, they kept on coming. However, as soon as one mystery was explained, another arrived to take its place. I loved the complexity of the plot, multi layered and intriguing, it really keeps you on your toes.

There’s not just perceived threats here, the danger and violence in this second book of the trilogy not only psychological but physical too. It’s wild, heart pounding stuff, which had me holding my breath
Pamela
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow Wow Wow is the first word that comes to my mind after finishing this book! This is the second book in the series and picks up where False Memory left off and is written in Duff's point of view. This gives us his and Lily's story and an insight into him in his own words. I have patiently waited for this book to see what was going to happen next. As this book did the first book ended with a cliff hanger and as I got answers to some of my questions I had more questions especially as some of Duf ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

The second instalment in this thrilling trilogy sees Duff trying his best to get Lily to trust him with her secret, while also fighting his developing feelings for her; he was hired to protect her not fall in love with her after all. The danger is still ever present though, they don't know who they can trust, and what, if anything, will be the fallout from Duff finding out just who did shoot Lily?

Jeepers, this series is a real page turner for me. It's like watching
Ruthshel Gullett
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WTH! If I thought my heart was pounding in the first book it is doing double time with book 2. Lily is trying her best to getting back to normal (if that is even possible). She is still acing as if she does not remember the shooting. Duff her bodyguard is right there with her. He is picking up some clues that she knows more than she is saying, but doesn’t want to push her. He himself has his theories and he ends up remembering something very important from that day of the shooting.

Of course whe
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order. The story progresses and every time you think you get an answer you really get more questions. Lily is recovering and while not back to her prior self she is doing so much better. She is recovering emotionally as well as physically. Duff plays a bigger part in this book than he did in the first. He knows that Lily is lying about not remembering he just isn’t sure how much she remembers. Lily is still lying for fear of what wi ...more
Alicia
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone; those who live psychological thrillers
Meli Raine writes amazing trilogies. I am not sure if waiting after book one or book two for the next novel in the series. They all leave the reader gasping and hoping for more. Even when the trilogies are finished, readers are waiting for the next series. Rarely will you find sets like this or authors who provide them continuously without them getting repetitious or losing their effect.

Lily has now opened up to Silas in so many ways and unwittingly this has put Silas at risk for his life, as w
The Glassed And The Furious
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the writing, again. I think Meli Raine is exceptionally talented at depicting these twisted, thriller-like scenes and really go into the minds of people.
At first, I was a bit put off that this second instalment was narrated by Duff and not Lily, but I got over that very quickly. I think she manages to beautifully portray Duff's mind that is so different to Lily.
The only thing that bugged me a bit was that there were some scenes in there that were just there for the sake of action. They d
Denise  Satin
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers who like political trillers that are filled with intrigue and suspense and well written.
Recommended to Denise by: I received an ARC of False Memory after reader A Shameless Con Book 1 which was fantastic. After I reviewed a Shameless Con, I was sent the ARC of False Memory.
In Book 2 of the series, False Hope picks up right after False Memory concludes. It takes awhile but finally Lilly reveals who the shooter is with the help of Duff, Silas and Jane. They see the President but are not comfortable and if everyone who was involved in the past with all the killings are dead, who is calling the shots now. I will not reveal who everyone thinks is the one who was trying to kill Jane and shot Lilly by mistake because I do not give away spoilers. But in any event the heat ...more
Ree
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Told entirely from Duff's POV, we see the "new" Lily through his eyes. He constantly supports her, though he knows that she continues to withhold pertinent information - after all, he is guilty of the same. But more than just a bodyguard, Duff protects Lily from herself, depression and encourages her to just be.

The book is deeply introspective, dealing with dreams, determination, hope & healing and focuses on the intricacies of the mind.

"We recover from our wounds because the survival instinct i
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Eyewitness
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Always a Suspect (Task Force Eagle, #0.5)
  • A Kiss in the Shadows (Lost Coast Harbor, #2)
  • You Were Meant For Me (Wishful Romance, #10)
  • The Protector (The D'Azzo Family, #3)
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • Random Acts of New Year (Random #10)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • Snowbound with the Billionaire (Master Me #1)
  • Ice (Alaska Heat, #1)
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • His Demand (Dirtier Duet #1)
  • Recipe for Disaster (Men of the Secret Service, #1)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Evidence, #4)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Snowed in with the Boss (Master Me #2)
USA Today bestselling author Meli Raine rode her first motorcycle when she was five years old, but she played in the ocean long before that. She lives in New England with her family.

Join her New Releases and Sales newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/beV0gf

Website: http://meliraine.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meliraine/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/meliraineauthor

False (3 books)
  • False Memory (False #1)
  • False Start (False #3)