Start by marking “Can't Tie Me Down! (Sinclair Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Can't Tie Me Down! (Sinclair Sisters, #1)

Can't Tie Me Down!

(Sinclair Sisters #1)

There aren't many jobs available in the tiny village of Arness, Scotland, which is why Mairi Sinclair works online — as a virtual girlfriend. For a weekly fee, she emails, messages and sends photos to desk-bound geeks around the world. Nothing dodgy, mind you, she keeps her clothes on! Mairi loves her job, because the last thing she wants is to be tied down to one man fore ...more
Published April 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Can't Tie Me Down!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Tie Me Down!

Start your review of Can't Tie Me Down! (Sinclair Sisters, #1)
Rhonda Brant
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me, and I absolutely loved this book! Thankfully I didn’t let the prologue dissuade me from the rest of the story, because what this author did with the characters in this book was nothing short of incredible. It has it all, a unique storyline, hysterical characters, a sassy Scottish woman, and a hot ex boyfriend that makes you swoon just by imagining his biceps! I literally laughed my way throughout this book, something I wasn’t expecting, but so glad it did. Mairi is a ...more
Saly
I've read and enjoyed this author's book before, and I do believe the trick with books with humor is to leave your mind behind and just enjoy which I couldn't fully do (possibly because I am slightly under the weather). Our heroine is a fake online girlfriend to geeks (it is all circumspect and not sleazy like online sex etc). However, she wakes up one morning to a nightmare someone posted on her board that she wants to get married and be wooed and now her fake boyfriends are on her doorstep woo ...more
Anna Aurora
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hi-la-ri-ous! Loved it!
4/5 stars
Stace
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Janet Elizabeth Henderson is an excellent storyteller!! I love her witty, sexy, well written stories!! I turn to these books to put a smile on my face and in my heart!! THANK YOU!!
Sandra
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute fluffy romance (spin-off from the Benson Security books).
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
Actual Rating 4.5 Stars

Janet Elizabeth Henderson is an author I have recently started re – discovering (having read the Inventary series about a couple of years back!) when I was searching for new books to read – discovered her spin off series from Benson Security Series/b> – The Sinclair Sisters from Rage (you don’t need to read this one to understand this spin – off; but it might give you a finer understanding of the sisters and their relationships.)

I promptly fell in love with Ms. Henderso
Amanda
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT

I read this one before the 4th benson book simply because I was truly annoyed at the fact that it was sideline characters who I didn’t much care about so I struggled to get into the story line. I skipped it and went straight for Mairi who has this amazing story and I definitely loved the characters and hope to see it branch into the geek World Series
LoseLoseForTwo
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly the book is amazing, it’s the kind of romance I’m always looking for, is sweet but not too much, it’s a little realistic without taking away the “romantic comedy” vibe to it. And I loved the characters, this book did it for me.
Karen Cizek
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, fun, fun!

I love romance books that have a different twist and this author manages that every time. The characters here are enjoyable to get to know, not TOO predictable and there are enough twists and turns to keep it interesting. And...there’s humor and fun throughout.
Jessica Adams
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The premise was fun and new. Great characters , and such a sweet overall story.
Mary Willard
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lighthearted, comedic, romantic page turning story. I have read it over and over. Janet has created four sisters as characters who are absolutely hysterical. If you need cheering up, this is the book to do it, and it is the first in a series of three (you can read about Isobel, the fourth sister and her humorous hijinks in Rage, one of Janet’s Benson Security books). There is so much going on in Can’t Tie Me Down that you just have to keep the page is turning to see what’s going to happen next ...more
Pontiki
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked Mairi the least in “Rage”, because I don’t usually like dumb characters. In this book, she seems a bit nutty in a fun way, but not dumb.

Keir takes everything she stirs up in stride, and is doing his best to make up for hurting her when they were together years before.

When a hacker taps into her fake girlfriend site and posts for her that she wants to get married, all her geeky fake beaus show up to woo her. Keir becomes her protector, and they go about their days with 30 potential groo
Baca Buku
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.5

Mairi first appeared in Rage, a truly delightful book, and I was so looking forward to her story, especially since she has quite an unusual job. She also had some zingy one-liners in that book.

This book started out all right, but then something happened quite early on which made me dislike Mairi. (view spoiler)

After the b

Regina
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This story has everything I love about Janet Elizabeth Henderson's books: a brilliant cast of quirky small-town characters (stubborn Scots included), witty dialogue, all the feels, ensuing hilarity, all wrapped up in an over-the-top-but-making-way-too-much-sense story arc.
Plus adorkable geeks aplenty.

When does the next book in the series come out???

6/5 Wookiee stars
Sam~OTT Alpha Male Addict~
Janet always does it for me!

When I'm in the mood to read some seriously funny rom-coms, I read one of her amazing books. Seriously, Janet is one of my "can shit on paper and i'd still read it" authors!
Corinne
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
An original premise - fake online girlfriend - gets hacked and the small Scottish town of Arness is invaded by her online boyfriends. I did not find this quite as LOL funny as the Invertary or Benson Security books, but it had me grinning nearly throughout. Some moving scenes.
Zoe
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book kind of crept up on me. I was enjoying it, it was funny, I loved Keir, the hero, and his longing to finally get another chance with Mairi after totally screwing up previously. But there were a few things holding me back from full on love. I didn't understand why Keir didn't just tell Mairi the truth about why he left her the previous time they were together, but really, the main thing holding me back was Mairi. She just seemed so stubborn and impulsive that I kind of wanted to slap som ...more
Cristina Menchu
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Geeks Have Landed

I love all of The books in this series and will read all of the spinoffs JEH can think of!
Mairi has been working as an online girlfriend to geeks who pay for her services. Keir has been trying to get Mairi to acknowledge him for 2 years. Her website gets hacked and Keir’s chance to convince Mairi to give him a second chance begins.

Mairi and Keir have a long history together and sometimes it’s frustrating to see them apart because of something they could’ve talked through.
Helen Manning
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super book. The beginning of the Sinclair sisters Trilogy and it starts with a bang. Mairi works at being a “fake” online girlfriend for 30 or so “geek” guys which teaches them social skills and how to interact with women and enables her to help support her family of which she is fiercely proud. Years before the love of her life; Keir, had to leave her on their most important night to rescue his troubled younger brother and keep him out of jail. Keir ended up doing a year in jail and losing his ...more
Wendy Irving
Aug 02, 2020 rated it liked it
If you’ve ever loved a nerd, this book is funny...

I laughed out loud several times while reading this book, and not just at nerd behaviors, but at the descriptions, dialog, and interactions of non-nerd secondary characters.

The premise is kooky, and the barrier keeping the lovers apart boils down to bullheadedness and chosen ignorance by the heroine. Keir is incredibly forgiving or besotted to put up with years-long grudge-holding.

Other problems with the book—were the lovers separated two years
M
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this fun story. So much so that I think Mairi's online job held real merit. As for Mairi herself, what a great character - totally flawed but so likable with her grumpy morning persona (I can relate), quirky dress sense and flaming, out of control hair. Keir - well what is not to like. He is every romance readers dream alpha - strong and opinionated but with a caring soft spot under those abs of steel.

As for the supporting cast, they are very well done. That Wookie has a story to tell.
Th
Lauri Tribbey
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious

Mairi Sinclair is not your average run of the mill girlfriend. Oh no she's a virtual girlfriend to 30 geeks. Her virtual reality becomes reality when someone hacks her web page and informs her 30 boyfriend's she wants to get married. The chaos begins when all 30 show up on her doorstep seeking her hand in marriage. To make matters worse her ex boyfriend is determined to win her back. Once again Janet Elizabeth Henderson delivers another side splitting hilarious romantic comedy. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
Shannon
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Can't Tie Me Down, Mairi finds herself in a real-life version of the Bachelorette, unintentionally. I loved how Keir steps in immediately to help her and try to win her heart, too. This story is sweet, spicy, and laugh-out-loud funny! I love the humor and the family relationships you get in any Janet Elizabeth Henderson novel and this is no exception. Solid writing, engaging characters, and beautiful love story. The only problem I had with this story, was I wish it were longer! But, I'm sure ...more
Laurie Cole
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dating Sites Beware

I loved this book I'm so glad we get to meet the Sinclair Sisters, they came to us in the 3rd Benson Security book,and they are characters. I love the way Janet Elizabeth Henderson brings her people to life, she puts you smack dab in the middle of her stories, you feel like you can reach out and touch them,and me the men in this book make you want to touch them and more...You will not be disappointed when you read this book,or any of her other books.
Jennifer Johnson
Can't Stop Smiling

This book is so fun that you can't help but have a silly grin on your face as you read it. The story is so unique and full of entertainment, laughs and steamy hot sex. I definitely recommend this book as well as all of Janet Elizabeth Henderson's other books as well. They are all very well written, with lots of humor and of course hot sex that can steam up a room. I truly love every single book of hers and hope you do too.
Nancy Gamez
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny wonderful book

Mairi is an virtual girlfriend to geeks. Keir and Mairi were a couple until he went to jail to cover for his brother. She gets hacked and the boyfriends think Mairi wants to get married. Keir and Mairi are still in love with each other. It is a cute story that made me laugh very much.
Tammielyn
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibook, read-in-2020
I honestly could not love this book more. It was funny, sexy, and included the sweetest antagonistic relationship I've read to date. Plus it gave me a major new book-crush with Keir. I may be sad that I finished 'Can't Tie Me Down!', but I'm really looking forward to reading the other two books in the Sinclair Sisters trilogy before checking out more books by this author.
Marsha Campbell
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book had a very clever premise. It started well and the writing was fast and smart. However the author didn't take advantage of the comedy potential of the situation that her heroin was in. There was too much explicit description of sex and not enough of the comedy of geeks looking for romance.
Katie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It

I absolutely love her stories. It’s so hard to find modern day Scottish love stories, but she nails it each time! You don’t just find love within the pages, you find tons of laughter too!
« previous 1 3 next »

• With This Click, I Thee Wed (ClickandWed.com #1)
  • Second Chance (The Agency Book 3)
  • Could Be Something Good (Timber Falls #1)
  • Love Everlasting
  • Three Last First Dates (Cozy Cottage Café, #3)
  • The Monsoon Series: Two Book Bundle
  • Until We Collide
  • The Pretending Plot (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • Always (The Protectors, #3)
  • A Family Affair: Fall (Truth in Lies, #4)
  • Fiona's Flame (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #5)
  • The Summer I Loved You (A Love for All Seasons, #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Under the Tree (Romance for all Seasons #3)
  • Fur Coat No Knickers (Fur Coat Series Book 1)
  • He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (The Flower Shop Sisters #2)
  • The House at Greenacres
I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about ...more

Sinclair Sisters (3 books)
  • Can't Stop the Feeling (Sinclair Sisters, #2)
  • Can't Buy Me Love (Sinclair Sisters, #3)