Start by marking “Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)

Two Witches and a Whiskey

(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3)

Three months ago, I landed a job as a bartender. But not at a bar—at a guild. Yeah, the magic kind.

I'm not a badass mage like my three smokin' hot best friends. I'm not a sorcerer or an alchemist, or even a wussy witch. I'm just a human, slinging drinks like a pro and keeping my non-magical nose out of mythic business. Seriously, I know my limits.

So why am I currently stan
Published February 8th 2019 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Two Witches and a Whiskey, please sign up.
Jae He'll be back in future books, most notably in Druid Vices and a Vodka!

Start your review of Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)
✶Rachelle✶
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc
REREAD Sept 24, 2019

This book is easily my favorite in the series so far

Why?

--------

5 stars

Me during the first 95% of the book:

Me at the last 5%:

THIS WAS SO GREAT
Hands down
Holly
This series is fun fluff for me, but Tori is suddenly getting on my nerves. I don't recall her being so purposefully stupid/self-centered in her decision making skills in the prior books. I mean, if someone says they are busy and in the middle of something but will come see you when they are done, that is not an invitation to go find them and interrupt them just so you can get what you want right now. The second book went in a completely different direction from the first book, and now this thir ...more
Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Two Witches and a Whiskey
The Guild Codex: Spellbound, Book 3
By: Annette Marie
Narrated by: Cris Dukehart
This continues the great series with more of Ghost, an accidental binding to a Fae Lord that is slowly killing her, a fall out with her brother, and more awesome magical situations!
The narration continues to be excellent!
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 5. JAW. DROPPING. STARS! .

Absolutely incredible.

I love seeing Tori grow as a character in each installment, and she certainly grows a LOT in this one. It’s amazing. Annette Marie is possibly one of the best YA writers I’ve ever had the pleasure of discovering... she leaves you hanging on to every single word like they’re the air you need to breathe.

(WARNING: I am about to make a ton of exclamations. Let’s bring on those exclamation points!)

The villains! The action! The GHOST😱(s
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
09/14/2019: Read for the second time! <3

Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Oh, this series delights me ever so much! I truly wish that it would never end. This series has it all! Scenes that will make you laugh out loud, high stakes, magic, a grip of handsome mythic men to drool over, and a heroine that has no superpowers but can still kick ass with the rest of them.

I am so glad that Annette Marie decided to g
Ian
This book, this entire series is a complete hoot.
A down on her luck woman walks into a bar, lands a job, and then discovers she's the only human in a bar full of mystical beings.
She should run...but you know...she needs the job.
☕️Kimberly
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am having such a blast with this series. I love the world Annette Marie has created. While each book revolves around a mythical case, the series is best listened to in order of release.

So far the guild has done a good job of keeping Tori’s employment at the Claw & Hammer a secret, but MagiPol shows up with questions about recent cases/bounties and is looking for a guild member with red hair. A woman who was involved in a kidnapping case and may know the notorious Ghost. Eep! The guys get Tori
mith
It is 4 AM so pardon my typos in this review but I just CANNOT with this book.

Annette Marie truly gets better with each and every book she writes. I am in love with Two Witches and a Whiskey and I am so, so impatient for the next one.

Let’s talk worldbuilding: this is something Marie excels at. This wild, supernatural world Tori’s found herself in grows with each new adventure. It not only furthers Tori’s involvement in the dangerous world, but also heightens all the stakes. And I just—I love i
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review. I ate Annette Marie's latest book within two days.
I was over the moon excited to read Two Witches and a Whiskey early on because I have much curiosity and I hoped Annette Marie would give some insight???

Yeah, no, that didn't happen. It's safe to say that both Di from Book Revi
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I think these are just getting better and better and I love how feisty Tori is. I will say, I am having a really hard time picking which boy is the best. I love them all and is it weird that I don't necessarily know if I want Tori with any of them or all of them LOL? I do hope we see more of a very broody druid though. After that ending I'm afraid we won't be seeing him for awhile and I adore him!
Arunima

description

Two Witches and a Whiskey was an absolute treat. Based on my reactions to the previous installments, it surprised me with how good it was
Mostly because I couldn't bring myself to like Tori at all. But I think she managed to win over me in this book.

I saw a lot of improvement in her and felt like the author finally did justice to how her character was sketched - strong, smart, witty, snarky in a much more realistic way.
Before, I always felt like her character was very su
Jessica
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want it now and not later. Okay, I finished reading this book on Friday night and i love it. It was so cool. Tori's life is fucking interesting as hell. This book is one of my favorites in the series so far. I felt that is needs to have many and many books to keep us within this world.

She needs to open up a bit more as well. The ending was great!!!! However, I will miss someone. You need to read it for yourselves to know who and why.
Emma
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story was good, but Tori is really annoying. I prefer the demon series set in the same world but decided to continue this series for its tie-in and cross over to the other series.
Katyana
This one was great, though I'm getting a little tired of MagiPol. But I loved that we got to spend lots of time with our mage boys, and with Zak. I loved that we found some equilibrium there. And I really loved seeing Tori's situation evolve.

I'm just burning through this series. Can't stop!
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chaste, urban-fantasy
This is third in a UF series that builds character and story arcs over time. So I definitely recommend reading in order.

Again, you know about what you are getting with this one. I had a bit of a strain in the middle when Tori fell into some despair about losing her place with the guild and her friends. At this point, it's becoming a little tired and I made a deal with myself that if there wasn't some normalization of her status among mythics by the end, I'd rethink moving on to the next.

Fortunat
Tori just can't seem to keep herself out of trouble. Just as the Magic Police start to investigate the guild for her previous involvement in cases, Tori somehow promises to look into a string of disappearances of fae from a local park, only she and the boys stumble upon a (view spoiler) ...more
Lyndi W.
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
*cries* It's like this whole series is just a showcase of how stupid this girl can be and I want to hate her, but then she LEARNS HER GOD DAMN LESSON and I can't hate her! I've never been so conflicted about a series, actively liking it and also disliking it while I'm still reading it. Oh my god, am I hate-reading this?
Jacob
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First draft, get ready for some serious action.
Di
** I voluntarily read and reviewed a review copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

Well... I guess by now it's safe to say that whenever you read one of my reviews of anything by Annette Marie there will probably be plenty of gushing and fangirling... Because really. She just brings it out in me.

All of her books are incredibly entertaining, engaging and easy to read and The Guild Codex series is no different. Each instalment has been fast paced, compelling and just downright F
LexiLikesLiterature
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
By: Annette Marie
Narrator: Chris Dukehart

More Fae are introduced 🤗

Book three of the series starts with a surprise visit from the magical feds. Within the first 30 minutes we find ourselves trapped between a rock and a hard place. The witches are trying to bind a Fae Lord and the Feds are closing in on the guild. Most of all, the crew is separated and must work closely while not actually together.

I really enjoy this series. Though it seems to be following a reverse harem set up, it hasn't gone
Parvati Patil
Shelves: 2019
Tiera McMillian
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2019
This whole series has really grown on me over the last several books. I find that I'm super invested in this world now despite how disappointed I was that it wasn't RH but had RH vibes. Those vibes are so confusing. I can just hear the author cackling gleefully over the confusion and despair of the RH readers lol. Surprisingly enough though, I'm super hooked to see who ends up making the cut.. which I'm sure also gives the author another gleeful chuckle or two lol.

I am loving the case by case fe
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)

With every new book in this series Annette Marie seems to outdo herself! Every book that I've read so far becomes a favorite after I finish it!

This was the most action-packed and fast-paced adventure yet! That was probably due to the circumstances Tori found herself in but it was amazing none the less! Tori continues to be her snarky and sassy self in this story. She also has an astonishing amount of things go wrong and work in her favor at the same time. I also loved how she's finally found
Narilka
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, read-in-2019

Two Witches and a Whiskey is the third in The Guild Codex series by Annette Marie. This is easily my favorite in the series so far. Stories from both previous books come together in a new adventure that puts Tori right in the middle of a problem of some disappearing fae.

I am enjoying the character development in these books. Tori has a unique challenge being the only human among many magic users and we get to see her internal struggles with feeling inadequate. I liked how she's starting to overc
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
I certainly have been devouring this series at light speed, so honestly most of the books have blurred together into one for me. The chief things to bear in mind are:

➽ Still ultra-limited romance

photo c l i m b C2A0e v e r y C2A0m o u n t a i n 2_zpsykn9gbgr.png
Stephaniec
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5*
A bit disappointed in this one, she was so whiny through the whole book
I think the next book will be better based on what happened here so I will read the next one, but if this trend continues I'm out
Tammy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance, pnr
Another adventurous journey of Tori. This one will reveal more of some character's past and peel another layer of Tori's insecurity. I have fun reading their story even there's no romance but I know Tori needs to grow out of her insecurity first. What else here? Oh, when Tori's wish comes true!!!!
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Very good! Loving this series. It's hilariously funny. One down from the potential of romance though, and I still dont know the ultimate winner of the lady's hand. We're down to two contenders. And I now love her house fae, Twiggy. Here's hoping he's around in the next book...a lot.
Cici
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TLDR review:
I’m in love with these books. I don’t think I have the words to fully describe how much these books just get me. They’re funny, light hearted when they need to be, serious when necessary and action packed. BEST BOOK SO FAR!

As always this review might contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Pros:
- Absolutely everything! Literally everything was perfect. The pacing, the characters, the bonds that were formed... just everything.
- Tori feels like a real person. She has a lot of the
Girls, Guns and G...: Guild Codex: Spellbound Series by Annette Marie 178 72 Oct 23, 2019 12:49PM

• Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
  • Spiked (The Sundance #1)
  • How to Dance an Undead Waltz (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #4)
  • How to Survive an Undead Honeymoon (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #8)
  • How to Break an Undead Heart (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #3)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, romantic fantasy Red Winter, and sassy UF series The Guild Codex.

Her first love is fantasy, while fast-paced adventures and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has inquired as to whether she intends to include th

The Guild Codex: Spellbound (8 books)
  • Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #2)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
  • Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #6)
  • Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #7)
  • Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)

News & Interviews

“Zak pulled me over to my one bar stool. Twenty minutes ago, I’d owned two bar stools, but the other one was in pieces. Poor stool. So much life to live, snatched away too soon by an angry sea serpent.” 4 likes
“maybe I didn’t have to be. All I needed to do was to hang on to this life with every stubborn bone in my body.” 0 likes