Start by marking “The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller” as Want to Read:
The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller

The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller

Tagden fitts has a problem, besides his name. His sleepwalking self is a traveller; a past-time he would rather avoid and his travels are beginning to take over his life. Destroying any chance of a relationship or career, he spends his life chasing after his own body, dreading the night he will finally wake up in a situation too deep to handle.
Published September 5th 2018 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller

Tom Krug
This will be a short review; I couldn't finish the book.

The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller follows Tagden, an Australian who's prone to travelling while sleepwalking. He wakes up on a plane to China, not knowing why or how it happened, and shenanigans ensue.

It's not that Dean MacAllister didn't have a good plot in mind, because there's a lot of potential in this story. But personally, I couldn't get into it.

The story needs professional editing, first of all. There are various misspelling
Debbie
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I received this book as a giveaway.

The book started out with a very intriguing plot where a man sleeps and a character he calls "himself" or "he" takes over his body. the story started with the main character waking up and finding himself on a plane. He doesnt know where he is going or why and has to figure out what "himself" has gotten him into this time. I thoroughly enjoyed the book until, however, somewhere around the middle.

The whole trek to Iceland where the main action for several chapt
L.F. Falconer
Ah, the secret lives we dream of. The entire premise of this story fascinated me. The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller is a delightfully twisted, ironically amusing, mysterious tale surrounded by the adventures of one of the luckiest, unlucky men on the face of the earth. A man in possession of himself, or should I say, Himself in possession of him?

The title alone caught my immediate attention. I was completely sucked in by the end of chapter two, and had to pry myself away from the book n
Hayley
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that this was a throughly enjoyable read. The storyline was so brilliant and intriguing. The style of writing was great and how the author referred to the sleep-walking Tag as He or Himself. I particularly like the humour that was present throughout the book, particurlary page 106, aswell as Tags ramblings in the desert. Tag was such a great character, as were his side-kicks that would drop everything to help him out. I'm sure so many people can relate to these insomniacs.

I have to
Nour Sharif
May 10, 2013 marked it as gave-up-on  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, english
Sigh, I couldn't finish this book. I couldn't get past the 40%.
Why?
Well, because
The conversations are lame
the idea is really good, but the plot sucks
His writing style is funny and good, but very cheesy
Dean is stereotyped
Oh, Dean, Turkish people are not Arabs. Half of them are not even Muslims. I know you didn't say that directly, but you implied.
Oh, I think you can let go of your stereotypes towards American people too.
There's nothing I hate more than stereotype and prejudice.

Yeah, so thi
Emmie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
The title and cover drew me into requesting this book for review. The premise sounded interesting and very promising.

The reality was someting completely different. The minute I started reading it felt as if I was stuck in one of those awful 80's movies that made abselutely no sense. I kept hoping that things will get better, but what followed was a dizzying cast of characters that had no depth or meaning and a story line that was flapping all over the place.

To make matters worse this book ended
Rachel Stansel
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a unique story! Pour Tag just cant catch a break. What would you do if you not only sleepwalked but sleep travelled? Woke up in a plane with no clue where you are headed, where you will stay and without your shampoo! Tag is a wonderful character and the tone of the book is great. It combined my favorite things: a unique plot, fabulous characters and unusual adventure. A surprisingly good read!

Full disclosure - I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest revie
Terry Moskowitz
Tagden Fitts sleep travels and he never knows where he will end up who he will meet, and what will happen. For me some of the book was good and some lagged. There were also many spelling errors which was annoying.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Tanya
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He sleepwalks and ends up in different places. Places he did not want to go to. He is worried he will get into a situation which he will not be able to get out of. See how he gets on

♫ ℬuggy   ツ
Cover Page : The physical appearance is one of those books which would be kept across a shelve of Fiction and you end up skimming through the pages of this book because of the unusual cover page. When I saw the cover page , I was like, 'Oh ! Its a memoir of a traveler !'. But it was a entirely different concept.
Writing Style : The style was, right, quite twisted with just the right kind of words used everywhere. Though, I wouldn't say, the writing was an engrossing one.
Book : The plot was quite
Christel
Apr 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story has potential, but this version I was given to review read like a rough as opposed to a final draft. I wouldn't have finished it had I not agreed to review it through the Shut Up and Read group on Goodreads. Mr. MacAllister needs to get somebody to do a decent edit on his endless spelling, syntax, grammar, punctuation, consistency and logic errors. These many issues got in the way of trying to enjoy what was good about the story. There are areas that were too sparse while others had to ...more
Paper Crushes
I am going to start with what I found negative with this book only because that list is much shorter than the positive list. This book would have been flawless in my opinion if more time was spent on the layout and editing of simple grammar. Other than that, this was a unique story unlike anything else that I have ever read in the past. I never knew what was coming next in the life story of Tag. Tag lives two life’s; his own and Himself when he is sleep-traveling. The Misadventures of a Reluctan ...more
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jul 17, 2013
T.J. Burns
Sep 09, 2018
Dean MacAllister
Mar 02, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
Karen
Apr 17, 2019
Dean is a mad traveller. He travels the world looking for new experiences, stories and tries, occasionally successfully, to keep out of trouble. He has done extensive travel through every continent, from Laos to Antarctica, Brazil to Madagascar. He writes travel-fiction and is currently writing his second novel for publishing. He enjoys getting lost, diving, wine, photography and trying something ...more