Start by marking “Baseball Lover” as Want to Read:
Baseball Lover

Rose Croft

Baseball Lover

Rose

Sometimes life rears its ugly head and messes up your world.
I know too well. It happened to me five years ago when I lost my fiancé.
It took me awhile to get back on my feet, but I finally got my life in order.
Don’t commit. Don’t get attached. Guard your heart.
Seemed plausible…until a tall, dark and gorgeous man commands my attention.
He is the worst kind of temptation.
Published November 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Baseball Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baseball Lover

Start your review of Baseball Lover
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
So I first met Rose & John in High School Lover and was hoping to read more about a possible connection between them and then this book came along

Rose fell in love in high school and got engaged at a young age. This was the man she planned to spend the rest of her life with until one night changed everything for them. There was no way Rose would ever trust anyone with her heart they way she did with Carlos.

When Rose first meets John she decides he is too cocky. She soon discovers he is a
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Apenas ok e um pouco chatinho,rs
Courtney Green
Oct 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Received ARC from Author for Honest Review
I Give this Book a 1 Star Rating
Heat Level: DNF’d so don’t know.

It’s been a long long time since I DNF’d a book, and I literally stopped at Chapter 3.

The beginning of the book kinda just threw me off, and I wasn’t sure how to react. Lots of useless details, to many big words that are just not needed (you don’t need to impress me with your vocabulary, just put together a great story) and some thing’s that just didn’t make sense and It was hard to figure
Samantha Shawhan
I love baseball! I love love. So you know I loved this book!

John is a professional athlete. He is fun, sweet, and down to earth.

Rose has had a rough go at things in the significant other field. She definitely does not want to open herself up to a professional baseball player.
Ri
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first time reading this author. I was very excited to read this because baseball is life. While there were a lot of things that I liked there were many others that I struggled with. I really struggled with the connection between the characters. Each had their own issues that at times were a bit much. This book had so much potential which is why it frustrated me.

Rose was my biggest issue. I struggled to like her a lot of the time especially with how she acted. Whether it
Špela
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got an earc of this book from the author and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.This book is very exciting. I love John. He is funny and easy-going. He really knows what he wants. He is very successful and down to earth.
Rose on the other hand is smart, but her heart is broken and she doesn't know how to pick herself up. So, she stays closed to all of the other guys, because she can't afford to lose another man like that - her heart wouldn't make it out in one piece.
I love that John is so
Thuy Taylor
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is my first Rose Croft book. I was intrigued, John's character was quite lovable. I instantly liked him. He was really fun, sweet and was really into Rose. He wanted to show her how much he likes her, mature and change his ways for her. Do anything to keep her in his life. He is a famous baseball player, and was falling hard for this girl, this hard headed, pretty immature Rose. Rose....Rose....I could not connect with her character. I think John deserved a better heroine. While
booksiflove
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc for an honest review

Rose and John meet through her friend Loren.
She’s kinda bitchy to him at first, which threw me off a little. That somebody can judge someone they haven’t met before.

The book gets better the longer you read. Rose is a little self conscious, she needs to work on that. Of course, John is the ‚know-it-all‘ baseball player, who gets what he wants and he set his sights on...

All in all it’s a good book, quick read.
Katie Hansen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book and great characters that one can really get into.
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
Let me start this off by saying, I LOVED John in the ‘High School Lover’. He had such an energetic, playful, mischievous, down to earth and flirtatious personality, it was hard not to like him from the beginning. I was secretly praying that John would get his own book and I’m ecstatic that he did.

Depending on where in the timeline of John and Rose’s story, will determine a couple different facets to Rose. Five years previous, Rose was on the top of the world. She was just finishing college and
Lozzie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baseball Lovers by Rose Croft is an angsty, sexy read that definitely pulls at your heartstrings. Dealing with themes of a sensitive nature, this book will definitely jeep you hooked whist touching that poor heart of yours.

I just loved the story. It was beautiful and heart breaking at the same time. I loved reading Rose’s story, my heart breaking at the pain she went through, but it soaring with the strength she had, and see her trust her heart once more with John at her side.
And as for John,
Holly - Page To Page Reviews
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I love a good sports romance and this was exactly what I needed after a long day at work!

Rose's life was once what some would call perfect, her career was about to lift off and she'd found the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. But after tragedy strikes, it turned out it wasn't quite as perfect as it seemed. Now years later, Rose has realised her dreams as a school teacher but her love life is non-existent, choosing to guard her heart against further pain. However, she wasn't
Jaime Ryter
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me preface this by saying that I am a sucker for sports romance, AND we just ended the baseball postseason which made me totally in the mood to read this book.

This book was the first time I had read anything by Rose Croft. I was NOT disappointed! John and me wrapped around his little finger. Seriously swoony. He handled Rose with such care and instantly made me fall in love with him. I wanted to yell at Rose to just, "Let him in!". I am glad I was able to understand her reservations, but
Kylee
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Rose Croft and Baseball Lover had this author sliding across home plate for me. John and Rose are characters that gave their all in this story from the witty banter, the flirting, the push and pull and the struggles with trust. Their story was one of pasts coming back to haunt you and not allowing you to move forward no matter what the heart wanted. Rose will at times infuriate you with her guarded heart and her lack of trust but you will empathize with her. This is a ...more
Karen Sedgman
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So l loved John in High School Lover and hoped he would get his story, and he did! I absolutely loved John & Rose's story, it was so good we had some sizzling moments and some up and down moments! But we had an ending the way it should be! Thankyou Rose for that mention! So worth the read and will be reading more!
A.J. Andersen
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been waiting to read Baseball Lover since finishing High School Lover! I read both as advance copies. I loved Reading about Rose and John and their path to love. This story was sweet and engaging and I enjoyed it!
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book just blew me away! I couldnt put it down and have devoured it in less than 12 hours.
I am actually gutted that it is over and feel it will put me in a massive lull.
This story pulled at my heart strings and i felt every emption written!
Oh and i completely am 100% in love with John!
Christy Daeger
This was a cute sports romance. I liked the characters and the storyline flowed well. There were a little slow parts that did cause me to skim a little but all in all it was an okay read.
Teri  S
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Rose Croft and it will definitely not be my last. As a matter of fact, I will be getting High School Lover as soon as I am done with this review. I absolutely loved this book! Rose is a descriptive author and I am a big fan of that. John and Rose's story was the perfect mix of sweet and sexy that has you continuing to turn the page and see what happens next. There were many moments in this book I was biting my own lip at John's thoughts about Rose, I may have ...more
Tianna✸loves books✸
Did some teenager wrote this book???
Sherri Kayser
Tracy
Dec 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
COVER REVEAL 1 1 Oct 09, 2018 04:51PM

• No Feelings Involved (Forever Love #2)
  • Defying Gravity
  • A Really Bad Idea
  • Perfectly You
  • Truth (Sinful, #1)
  • Stay
  • Worship (Sinful #2)
  • My Heart to Touch (Maxwell Family Saga #1)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • Make You Mine
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • Remedy
  • Best of Me
  • The Hardest Route
  • Kissing Princeton Charming (Princeton Charming #1)
  • When Forever Changes
  • Darling, All at Once (The Fairfields,  #1)
  • Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)
Rose Croft is a wannabe poet and a writer in her own mind. She’s a wife and mom to a beautiful daughter and lives her own happily ever after. For updates on her books or if you just want to visit and chat about anything and everything, visit her at:
Facebook—https://www.facebook.com/rose.croft.758
Instagram—https://www.instagram.com/rosecroft.a...
Email—mailto:croftrose12@gmail.com
“I gave in and explored her mouth. She tasted like strawberries, a faint touch of breakfast taco and every other savory food I wanted as my last meal.
—John, Baseball Lover”