Start by marking “Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)” as Want to Read:
Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)

Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny

(Loose Ends #1)

All Dr. Sloan Copeland needed was someone to watch her kids. What she found was the man of her dreams…

After a nasty divorce and a thousand mile move, Dr. Sloan Copeland and her twin daughters are finally getting the hang of their new life in Los Angeles. When their live-in nanny bails with no warning, Sloan is left scrambling to find a competent caretaker to wrangle her sm
Published September 26th 2018 by Rebekah Weatherspoon Presents

To ask other readers questions about Rafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rafe

Start your review of Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was SO STEAMY?????? Holy heck
Riley
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed this.
Rafe is probably one of the best male love interests I have read. He is super masculine but without the toxic masculinity.
Sloan was a really great character as well. Being one of the youngest black female surgeons and single mom to twin girls, she had a lot on her plate. But she was such a great mom and I loved her relationship with her daughters.
I really liked that the conflict in this book never came from lack of communication. These characters actually talked t
Christy
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

0634463A_A4E2_4A33_A1AF_CD61903C4E65_IMG_8132

Rafe is the first book in Rebekah Weatherspoon's 'Loose Ends' series, and even though I liked Xeni a bit more, I still liked this one a lot. I probably should have read them in order, but they can be read as stand-alones so all is good.

Sloan is a successful surgeon and has twin girls getting ready to start kindergarten. She doesn't live near her ex-husband or family so she has a lot on her plate. When her nanny walks out on her one day, she's left in a really bad spot. Until Rafe st
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Sigh. Don't get me wrong. 3 stars is not a bad rating. It's just that this book was one of my most anticipated reads and I was so convinced that I would adore everything about it, and instead, it fell short in so many ways.

the good:
• Rafe is super sweet, gentle, and 100% anti-toxic masculinity
• Sloan is a brilliant, hilarious, badass surgeon & mother
• the kids are cute AF
• Xeni & Monica are 10/10

the bad:
• too much pointless dialogue, not enough happening
• a lot of really awkward phrasing
Warda
I think I’ve found a new favourite romance author.
This book was so sweet and almost too perfect, since the characters barely had any flaws, but it didn’t bother me.
I love that this story highlighted healthy relationships, the importance of having good people around you and healthy families that have been formed after some tough times.
I happily could’ve read on and on about Rafe and Sloan.

I can’t wait to read more books from this author.

Read for #Smutathon.
Hannah Notess
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: writers-of-color
Okay so, this one requires some explanation. "Hannah," you may be thinking, "you are an award-winning literary author with a master's degree from a prestigious, nationally ranked institution." (note: I don't usually refer to myself as such, but it's true). "Why," you may ask, "would you be giving four stars to a romance novel titled Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny, when you just gave the exact same amount of stars to a highly regarded literary memoir?"

Well, never fear, because I have fired up the old la
Vicky Again
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so great!! I've never read any Weatherspoon before but I'm so in love with RAFE and how comforting this story is. It's such a perfect blend of sweet and sexy, with a hefty dose of healthy relationship dynamics I looove.

Sloan and her daughters were so cute, and seeing Rafe and Sloan navigate their relationship healthily was just so heartwarming. Would highly recommend to adult romance lovers.
Obsidian
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fans self. Seriously. This book was ridiculously hot. I loved Rafe and I loved Sloan. I am so going to track down the books in the rest of this series. Thank you for hot male nannies with tatoos who also can comb little girls hair.

"Rafe" I thought was really good, there are some odds and ends that I would usually ding a book for, but the love scenes more than made up for it. I loved that the main character was a black woman, top of her field (heart surgeon) dealing with two 6 year old twin girls
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

I really enjoyed this!

What are you gonna get? Tatted, bearded, muscled, biker ginger + successful heart surgeon and single mom to two twin girls + no angst, feel good story with enough spice to satisfy your taste buds!

This was an easy read. It had me smiling from start to finish. There’s heart, steam, and plenty of humor.

Rafe may look like a guy with a tough exterior, but he was all ooey, gooey soft goodness on the inside. He was genuinely, straight up a nice guy. A teddy bear.
Curlyhairlass19
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m in love!

Rafe, the buff male nanny has my heart! Omg, THIS BOOK! I legit have stars in my eyes.

“I’ve never worked for a single mother I was this attracted to before. I am very attracted to you.”

From the get go that chemistry between Sloan & Rafe, you could cut with a knife. I absolutely adore interracial romances, I mean hello, it is my life. But this story is so special. A male nanny? I definitely haven’t read this trope before. I fell in love with every aspect of this story, but especially
Hollis
Do I know why I checked this out on OD? Nope. Do I know why I actually followed through to read it? Also nope. Did I like it? Some of it. Did I hate it? Far from it. I am in no-lady's land right now.

If you like successful, smart, career-focused ladies, and soft, not-remotely toxic pseudo-alphas who make their living being a homemaker slash nanny, and, as a bonus, want to diversify your romance with an interracial couple where little to nothing has to do with race? You will probably love RAFE.

It'
Ashton Reads
This was steamy and fun! Definitely going to be reading more from this author!
Antonella
this is Rafe in my mind and you can't convince me otherwise...

3,5 stars
Dee's Reading Zone
Love the way this author weaved this sweet story! The memorable banter and relationship between Rafe, Sloan and those twins, Avery and Addison pulled me in and had me hanging on the very edge of my seat. Loved it!

Team Rafe as masculine nanny for life! lol

5 Happy feels stars *****
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
Rebekah Weatherspoon is the queen of romance. Any story she will write, I will read. I absolutely loved this short romance that I read in one sitting which is a feat for a distracted reader like me, but Sloan and Rafe stole my heart from the moment I began this book. I just am such a sucked for a cool and collected, kind love interest and a smart, strong-willed female protagonist falling in love and creating a family together with Sloan’s wonderful and adorable twin girls. This book had just the ...more
Under the Covers Book Blog
Sometimes you pick up a book because the blurb and the tropes sound like total catnip for you.  That's how I ended up not being able to resist reading RAFE and as soon as the audiobook released, I had to pick it up.  I've read Rebekah Weatherspoon before and I knew I was in for a sexy ride.  But this book was different then the previous book I've read by her.  This one felt like a fun, fluffy ride while my previous read by her had more intensity and emotion.  Never fear.  This is not a bad t ...more
Thushara (Triobookdragons)
3.5 stars 🌟

Audiobook narrated by Lacy Laurel

Really enjoyed this romance between a single mom and her buff male nanny. The only thing that put me off was the narrator and her voice. I just don't know why, but I didn't mesh with the narrator. Her voice for the male love interest Rafe, was so cringy to me. I hated it and almost DNFed the book. But I wanted to give the author a chance, since she was a highly recommended romance author and I am glad I held on.

Why this wasn't a 5 stars was that this
Stacie
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
4 "Buff Male Nanny" Stars!

This was good. Very low angst, some ex drama, very cute kids, very steamy!! I liked it a lot. I'll be reading Xeni soon-ish because she was a hoot in this one. Happy reading!
Sam (AMNReader)
Somehow, I ended up, despite the three superfantabulous reads I've got going, reading and enjoying Rafe.

Am I glad I did? Sure! It's the nanny-family my favorite plot? Nah. Did I think it was escapist, diverting fun? Yes. I love Sloan's (black cardiothoracic surgeon with twin 6year olds) conversations with her friends. I liked, too, Rafe's interactions with both families. Rafe is a total love, without being sappy. Sloan's mix of ambition and innocence, essentially, were important to the dynamic
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

OMG!!! This book was so good! I enjoy interracial romances and this was just what I needed. It has so much sass, heart, family, and sexiness that I didn't want the story to end. It also makes me want to read more Rebekah Weatherspoon works as soon as I can.

This specific video review is included in the July 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Lindsay
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sometimes a romance can just be two people who are really well suited getting together with the minimum possible drama. As the author says, this one is super fluffy and a good quick read to brigthen your mood.
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
Will review later today... because I stayed up binging this book and I have to get up for work in 3 hours
mina reads™️
3.5 this was adorable
b.andherbooks
The cover blurb for Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny by Rebekah Weatherspoon is no lie. Everyone you know are already saying "gimme" because this book is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered.

Dr. Sloan Copeland finds herself in dire need of a new live-in nanny after the one she entrusted her six-year-old twins to suddenly quits, with no warning.

In a bind, she agrees to hire a male nanny, something she's never considered. He comes highly recommended from people she trusts and immediately clicks with her girls,
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Okay but can i just say how nice it is when the couple come together to solve an external conflict instead of the conflict between the two of them? Love that for Rafe and Sloan! But I wouldn't recommend the audiobook for this one because the voice the narrator does for Rafe took me out of the story more times than one but I luckily loved it enough that that didn't really hinder my enjoyment of the book.
Julie Zantopoulos
Gimma a hot male ginger nanny with a beard, tattoos, a motorcycle and a good way with kids who falls for a smart, sexy, single mother and I'm in. Now make that single mother a woman of color by a woman of color author with biracial children and I'm hella sold. This was such an empowering, sexy, steamy, and heartfelt read. Super stoked that I made it a priority during smutathon!
G.
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5/5

This was OK? I don't even know. There's nothing particularly wrong. It's just that everyone's a cinnamon roll and OMG I NEED ACTUAL CONFLICT. Because there's not much of a story here otherwise and it's way too long for what it is.
TheEuphoricZat
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was actually meant to read this during the smutation but I just couldn't but I am glad I finally got to it.
So we have Rafe who is the new nanny for Dr sloan who is one of the youngest surgeons in the country.
He starts working for her and instantly they have this attraction that is really growing and it started blossoming fast

I love the fact that the author point out a lot of thing including the inter-racial relationship as Rafe is a tattoo tall hunk of a white man with his ginger hair and bear
Bethany
"It's alright just to be a calm and gentle guy."

Oh my goodness, Rafe might be one of my all time favorite heroes! He is such a cinnamon roll and the characterization is just SO good. As the parent of an almost 6 year old, I loved the little things he does right as a caregiver. (Asking if the twins want a hug or a high five, being willing to let a puzzle take an hour, etc). This story follows a single mom (and brilliant surgeon) in need of emergency child care after being left in the lurch by he

• Office Hours
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • Guarding Temptation
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Mating the Huntress (Monsters and Mates, #1)
  • Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the R

Loose Ends (2 books)