Start by marking “Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)

Deception and Chaos

(Chaos #1)

Sophia Cova lived a quiet, normal life, shadowed in sadness after the loss of her parents in a tragic airline accident. With her older brother being her only living relative and her anchor, Sophia is sure she's destined for a brighter future. But that was until she was taken.

Stolen from her mundane, orderly life, she was drugged, and woke to every woman's worst nightmare.

W
Published November 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Deception and Chaos, please sign up.
S.M. Soto
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

DECEPTION AND CHAOS: Is the first full length novel within the (Chaos #1 ) series by new to me author S.M. Soto.
WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious content, strong language, and graphic violence. May contain triggers for abuse victims.

This is one of the most hardest reviews I'm going to have to write up, so much happens in this book, but one thing that stands above it all is the dar
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Ummmm I'm not even sure how I'm going to review this book. I will say that I almost stopped reading at Chapter 10 because it was making me so upset. My heart was pounding and at times I was crying so hard I couldn't read the words - some scenes were so raw and powerful that I literally felt sick at certain points.

After a pep talk from a fellow beta reader I pushed on. So glad that I did. This book was EXTRAORDINARY! It's my third read from this author and it's so very different from her other t
Jess☺️
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deception And Chaos by S.M. Soto is the first in the chaos series and what a fantastic start it is I only hope this series gets better.🤞
It's kind of a romance suspense but a little twisted and darker.
There's kidnaping, torture, rescuing, falling in love with a devil (whose human really and a hitman called Creed) plenty of naughtiness(of course) and a twist of an ending you never would of seen coming.😱
After going through some frustration in the first half of the book your left breathless with how
Sentranced Jem
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
you know what? I went into this series without much expectation. But I have to admit that the two books I've read so far from the series has blown my mind.
I could not put the books down.I was hooked and I devoured it.

Deception and Chaos + Blood and Chaos are awesome reads. It's dark, bloody, chaotic and I for one, LOVED every moment of it.

S.M Soto is a new author for me and if this is how well she writes her books, than put my name on her list of fans because I am obsessed!

The chemistry betwee
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
What an AMAZING dark romance!!! From the beginning, this one held me captive. Sophia has been taken against her will and we get thrown immediately into her living nightmare. It starts out very intense and very disturbing and I may have been a tad scared.

description

After being saved from her kidnappers, things settle down a bit but Sophia starts to realize that things are not as they seem. She realizes there is so much she doesn't understand. The charater development was so well done and I enjoyed trying to
Aycan
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
descriptionHe’s like a magnetic force I can’t steer clear from. I’m drawn to him.

We’re all human beings, without love, we’re just soulless machines.

(view spoiler)
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Speechless. That’s what I am right now.

This is my first book my SM Soto and it won’t be the last. This story was everything!! I’m currently trying to figure out how to worm my way into the authors life and get all the words!! Cliffy of all cliffies!

Sophia, poor Sophia, I just want to find her and hug her and never let go! What she suffers and survives. Not many people do. She breaks, but only for a moment, her body is the one that gives out. But her heart? She thinks they broke her completely b
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5+ "The Devil Her Savior" Stars ⭐️
Wow! I finished this book in the early morning after hours riveted to my kindle and while writing this review a few days later, I’m still speechless over this impressive story! When S.M. Soto reached out to me for reviewing Deception and Chaos, I was really intrigued and interested by the premise of the novel, but nothing could have prepared me for the level of love I had for this exhilarating story! Everything about this romantic suspense / dark romance
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow!!

This one came out with a bang from all corners!! I honestly had no clue how this was going to play out but I never expected the dark intensity and brutal passionate moments. I underestimated everything when it came to this story and I’m smacking myself for not being as prepared as I should’ve been.

“My body is in tatters, my mind is in shambles, but my heart, my heart is broken beyond repair"

Sophia is the very definition of a good girl. She’s a hard worker, stays out of trouble, a
Dora Koutsoukou
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4,5 🖤🖤🖤🖤 chaotic 🌟🌟🌟🌟s

This was a great dark, raw and suspenseful romance, very well written and very intense!!! It was undoubtedly a real page turner.
I would have given 5 stars if there was not this little dragging in the middle of the story.
Tina H
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book was a little hard for me to get into at first. I will admit I have triggers and that could be why. I mean I was interested but at the same time I wasn't but I kept trying to get through it and I am glad that I did because that ending....WOW!! I can't wait to read the next book to find out what happens!

And can I just say Creed is absolutely going on my list of book boyfriends!! He reminds me of someone that I love for all of the same reasons ;)

"He makes me forget. He makes m
Chelé
Eye opening
Dark
Shocking
Unforgettable

"There are some forms of quietude that are so mute, yet loud, that you can feel them— physically feel them in your bones."

S. M. Soto!!!! HOLY JESUS WOMAN!!! What........I don't even have the words. At first I didn't think that I would make it through the beginning of the book. It's painfully raw and disturbingly real but I kept going because the writing is impeccable.......and I was swept away in the magnificence that is C
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
I don't know what to say!!!

Oh my gawwd. Shut up. Lol.

if you havent read any book by this author please check out her other books.

SM Soto has been true to this story. Dark and twisted, is what she gave, a surprisingly good read that will have you hooked, gobsmacked and then BAM.....the ending is not what you expected.

Now, tbh at first it was hard for me to continue with this story cause at first it lacked in a way that I didn't feel connected, now when Sophia was found my thoughts changed and
MH
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jesus Christ...
The header for the book says, “a twisted game of cat and mouse.”
I don’t have any other way to describe what I just read other than exactly just that.
This story... Oh, my god. It’s going to stay with me forever.
S.M. Soto takes you on a ride so unlike any of her other novels. Be ready for the deep and dark end you’ll experience because it definitely won’t be easy. But, I promise you, it is SO WORTH IT!
Lies, deceit, hopelessness, innocence stolen, pain, love, HATE... you are going
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was friggin awesome!
From page one you are thrown into the things that nightmares are made from.
Dark, disturbing.... my kinda read.
Reminded me of two of my other favourite authors, Ker Dukey and K Webster.
That ending!!! Wow. What a cliffhanger.

That’s all I’m saying because I don’t want to ruin it for others! No spoilers on this one!
A MUST READ!
S.M. Soto
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
IT’S LIVE!

B&N: http://bit.ly/2OiV6PO
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2zAHBmr
iBooks: https://apple.co/2Ik2KUA
Aղցela W.
This was a good dark erotic read that I loved. Sophia Cova was a normal college student working two jobs she has been through a lot her parents were killed in a plane crash. While going to her apartment she was kidnapped and held for 9 months. The beginning of this book was brutal I felt bad for this poor girl she was beaten badly. She was recued by an elite operation and she gets a surprise turns out her older brother Garrett is part of team. Garrett has been looking for his sister for 9 months ...more
Kenna
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
meh. it was all a little too easy. the instalove, controlling brother, and possessive alpha male tropes made this a no for me. also the writing was a lot of telling and not enough showing. AND there's a cliffhanger so i dont even know how this whole story ends. sigh...
 LEAH⇢
⤏ SEX-PLICIT
⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 22 MINUTES
⤏ I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY

MY THOUGHTS⇣

This started out rather dark with subject matter that was difficult to read/listen at times...but quickly moved away from that...and then became kind of boring and left me thinking too much about whether it was believable or not. Sometimes a slightly unbelievable plotline can be overlooked if
m.
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

Deception and Chaos was my first book by this author. I'd say the book definitely started off with a bang and I got invested really easily.

However, I enjoyed the first half more so than I did the second half and I don't really blame the book for that. I blame the hype online.

I was seeing so many people online call this book a dark romance, and as someone who LOVES that genre, I obviously got super excited! Sadly, this isn't a dark romance, it's more so a romantic suspense.

To me, for a
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
****AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5 Devil CROWNS

Gahhh!!! Omg guys!! Dark. Gritty. Dangerous. Suspenseful. Deception and Chaos is everything! I’m totally and utterly captivated by this story, and I’m going to need the next book ASAP! I’m looking at you SM Soto.

I love when an author takes a cast of criminals and makes me love them, and boy am I infatuated with them. Most of all is Creed. Gah! Could I love him more? Man with a dark past, protective nature, seemingly EMOTIONLESS except for our he
BookSmacked
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! I’m screaming, this book was so good. It called to my dark romance loving soul.

I’ll start off by saying this book dives right in and it’s first scenes are straight out of your worst nightmare. So be prepared for that.

I could only pray as I read the first few chapters for Sophia to make it out ok. This story is gripping and raw and gritty and I was so engaged I didn’t come up for air.

The romance in this book and I’ll refrain from going into specifics but let me say that I
Alexandra
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ⭐

Wow, what was that? I didn't see this coming.

Deception and Chaos is book one in S.M. Soto's new Chaos Series and it is indeed a twisted game of cat and mouse.

Sophia is an incredible woman. After all she had to go through she's able and willing to live and love. She's so strong and I love strong women in books. Creed is the big, bad criminal who can't resist her, even if he tries.

The story is amazing. I enjoyed the slow burn and the chemistry between Sophia and Creed. There are a lot of tw
Jennifer Moore
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★
5 INCREDIBLY INSANE STARS

This book y’all. THIS. FREAKING. BOOK.
Incredible and riveting doesn’t even begin to describe this incredible story of deception, lies, sex and mobsters. Deception and Chaos is the perfect blend of Sucide Squad meets Captive in the Dark. If you enjoy ANY of those, BUY THIS FRIGGIN’ BOOK!!

I can’t express enough how well developed this plot is and beware of the ending ppl, because you will SCREAM!

Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars
Sam
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku-favs
Wow I loved this one!
so I went into this book kind of blind. I knew it had something to do with a girl being kidnapped but I didn’t know much else.

The beginning of this book is INCREDIBLY upsetting and I actually bawled liked a baby at a certain scene! I found the middle portion of this book to be kind of slow and i had this impending sense of dread because I kind of had a feeling what was coming.

The ending of this book was so scary and that cliffhanger made me wanna scream. I can’t wait to se
Coco.V
Aug 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/29/2019)! 🎁
Veronica Bellaorev Books
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-2018
This was my first read by Soto and I was very excited to start, seen as this book was describe as dark romance and that is one of my top favorite genres. The hype for this book made my expectations that more higher I think. Unfortunately those expectations weren’t met completely and although the book was good I was seriously expecting more anguish.

The first 10 chapters were super dark, intense, hard to swallow and excellent to suck you in if you’re a lover of dark romances. It brings the topic
Bozena
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh WOW! This book was ridiculous gripping and exciting. I'm in love with this dark and disturbed story. I don't want to stop reading.
This book takes you of the rollercoaster of emotions and nagging fear from the first page. I don't even know how many human aberrations were addressed in this book. Human trafficking, sadists, pedophiles, killers....🤯
And middle in this abnormal and terrifying world an unusual forbidden love story 😍
I love dark romances and this one is fantastically amazing 😁
Would I

• All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • The Danger You Know
  • XV (War of Roses, #1)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Enthralled (The Enslaved Duet #1)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • The Five
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Bloodstained Beauty
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
S.M. Soto was born and raised in Northern California where she currently resides with her son. Her love for reading began when she was a young girl, and has only continued to grow into adulthood. S.M. lives for reading books in the romance genre and writing novels with relatable characters. She refers to herself as a bit of a romance junkie. S.M. loves to connect with readers and eat copious of do ...more

Chaos (3 books)
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos #2)
  • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)