Start by marking “Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)

Broken Throne

(Red Queen #4.5)

Return once more to the deadly and dazzling world of Red Queen in Broken Throne, a beautifully designed, must-have companion to the chart-topping series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Victoria Aveyard.

The perfect addition to the #1 New York Times bestselling Red Queen series, this gorgeously designed package features three brand-new novellas, two previously publ
Published May 7th 2019 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Broken Throne, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cari
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Miranda Reads
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Return once more to the deadly and dazzling world...
The audacity of this tomf*ckery...
This stunning collection is not to be missed!
Whelp, guess I'm in

description

P.s. can we all take a collective giggle that 2/5 of this "stunning collection" already out?! And if those are any indication of the quality we can expect...it's probably best to set those expectations lowwwwww.

In Addition, may I voice my disgust that the sweet ombré effect (which originally drew me to these novels) has been completely ruined
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Please somebody tell me that there is going to be more about Maven!!!
And please, please, please somebody tell me that one of those novellas is going to be about Maven and Thomas!
Because if yes.... oh god I'm already dying just thinking about the possibility of it all!!!
AHHHHHH!!! *dies*

GIMMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *greedy grabby hands*
MischaS_
Mar 31, 2019 marked it as not-sure-if-i-ll-read-it  ·  review of another edition
Another?

480 pages! 😳

But... did you see the gorgeous cover?
Mary S. R.
Meanwhile, in an alternative universe...

Keep it down, would you? We're trying to focus here!” sitting with Maven upstairs, Mare Barrow shouts over the deafening, ear-splitting sound of cheering—not that anyone listens, of course. Downstairs, her brother Shade is Jumping around the room and fist-bumping his noisy audience with quite the ceremony, while his losing sparring partner, Ptolemus Samos, stands with a frown.

Evangeline patronisingly pats her big brother on the cheek, “Next round, remembe
Sahil Javed
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Broken Throne is a collection of novellas that take place before, during and after the events of the Red Queen series. It features two previously published novellas, Queen Song and Steel Scars, and three brand-new novellas, and contains a few extras such as maps, flags and journal entries written by Julian.

Queen Song

Queen Song is the first previously published novella and takes place before the events of the Red Queen series and follows Cal’s mother, Coriane. The novella shows how she went fro
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
I just finished War Storm, and what I want to know is:

WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE WHILE I WAIT FOR THIS TO BE RELEASED! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE?! It doesn't come out until 2019. 2019!!!

I honestly don't know what I will do until then, or how I will wait that long. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I am so excited!
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Despite the fact that I still feel a little defrauded by that War Storm ending, we all know I’m going to read this.
ella
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If this doesn’t include a story on Maven’s past with Thomas I’ll screammmmmmmmmm!!!
Aqsa (On Hiatus)
May 02, 2019
Do NOT disappoint me, dear book.

Also, do give me something everything of 💔Maven💔.

May 12, 2019

Last night I found out that this one consists of several novellas including Queen Song and Steel Scars that were published previously. I just skipped to the very end where we get a little Farewell of Cal and Maven and I found out that I could never let go of Maven just like Cal couldn't. And of course, I finally did cry for dear cursed Maven.

It would hurt him deeply, wound him forever, if I
Cassie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-release-2019
I just want to start off and say how happy I was to come back into this world. I was absolutely giddy and went into my Target to get my copy at like 7 a.m. before I went into work. The poor worker had to dig through several boxes of new releases to find it.

Broken Throne is a compilation of stories set in the Red Queen world. There are multiple novellas, some previously released and some new, as well as maps, journal entries and the part that I was most excited about: stories from post-War Storm
Cesar
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars.

As many of you know, I am not a huge fan of the Red Queen series. My reviews range from "It was OK," to "I fucking hate this book!"

The Red Queen series as a whole is just another generic dystopia series that brings nothing new to the genre. That is my opinion and I will stand by it. That being said, when Victoria announced Broken Throne, I'll admit, I was intrigued. War Storm's ending was left open and Broken Throne filled in that openness with a few stories that take place after the eve
✨ A ✨
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as anticipating
Shelves: 2019-release
Would ya take a look at THAT COVER? 😱😍

12 Oct, 2018
CONFIRMED RED QUEEN SHORT STORY AND RELEASE DATE! IMMA BE UPSET IF THIS ISN'T A MAVEN STORY BYYE

______
28 Sept, 2018
DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH RED QUEEN?? I don't even care, I just need some more Aveyard!
Red_Queen_Lover
Iron Heart - 3 Stars
Fire Light - 3 Stars
Fare Well - 4 Stars
Angela
Ahhhhhh, soo good!! I feel like this book was a great way to end the series! And I loved meeting the new Freeland characters!
Mads
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq-rep
I got this book for Maven but ended up enjoying the other parts. Still, this didn't add anything mind blowing to the series. I wouldn't have missed out on much if I hadn't read it. Since there are multiple short stories, I'm gonna give a review for each individual one.

QUEEN SONG: Im not sure why I loved this one so much but I did. Seeing Coriane's mental state slowly declining throughout her life was intense and intriguing. 5/5 stars

STEEL SCARS: Farley is great and I loved reading about her an
Vivianne
Red Queen: 5 stars
Glass Sword: 4.25 stars
King’s Cage: 4.5 stars
War Storm: 3.25 stars
Broken Throne: 3.5 stars

First part is spoiler free!

description

Before going into debt on the individual stories I want to give you a little background on my experience with the Red Queen series. I first started Red Queen a year ago and fell head over heels with the writing, world and characters. I binge read all four books in a month and had an amazing reading experience. However I found the final book War Storm incredib
Gabi
Jan 20, 2019 is currently reading it
Oh no, there's another one...I still haven't finished War Storm yet. I will forever love Red Queen, but to me, the series has been rolling down hill since then.

But Maven literally carries the series for me and I can't resist another book that could possibly have him in it. Even if there's a chance that he will make an appearance, especially if it's a story with him and Thomas, then I must read this. I MUST.

And it doesn't hurt that the cover is gorgeous.
Letter My Reading
Oct 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
Edit: OMG VICTORIA LIKED MY REVIEW, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

IT HAS A TITLE!!!!!!!!!

IT  WILL BE RELEASED ON MAY 7TH 2019, DOWN BELOW I HAVE A COUNTDOWN TO THE DATE!

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE RED QUEEN SERIES IN ITS ENTIRETY DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!!! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE WARNED!!!!!!

This is my MOST ANTICIPATED read for 2019. It's pretty late but the read queen short stories officially have a title. I am a HUGE Red Queen fan. I have forced most of my friends to read it ( and they love
Sahitya
I have never been a huge fan of this series. I only continued reading it because I’m not fond of leaving them midway and I especially like getting some closure about characters. That’s also probably the only reason I read this short story collection, because War Storm didn’t give us a satisfactory ending nor did it complete the arcs of the characters.

This book starts off with the previously published stories from Cruel Crown, which I was obviously not interested in. The next story called World
helena
perfect.

have you ever read a sequel to a book you just gave 5 stars to but the sequel is so good you have to lower your previous rating just to give this sequel a 5-star review? that's the case.
broken throne is way more of an ending to the red queen series than war storm ever was. it gave the series the conclusion i asked for. it could easily stop being the red queen #4.5 to be the #5.

i'm gonna miss this world so much.
Patricia
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy, favorites
I was supposed to give this a 3.5, but damn, that ending got me.

WARNING: SPOILERS AND PROFANITY AHEAD! (because I can't help it.)

First, I have to admit that I was a tad bit underwhelmed when I read the beginning until Iron Heart. Like, my excitement ebbed away. Not including Queen Song and Steel Scars, though. I've already read those in Cruel Crown. Anyway, it took me a bit of time to really get into Julian's research. I only got more interested in the Monarchs of House Calore part. Moving on ho
Lara
Broken Throne is a collection of six Victoria Aveyard's novellas set in her Red Queen fantasy world. I feel like Aveyard’s style has improved over the years and these four novellas I’ve read were a quite enjoyable read with just enough events and interaction for a solid novella. I still think these novellas would not have been needed if she’d done the ending of War Storm right, but we get what we get, so…

Queen Song and Steel Scars - I’ve read these two back in 2018 when I was reading the entire
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
COVER REVEAL!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Honestly, I think this is the most stunning cover for the entire series. The beautiful symbolism, classic pairing of royal purple and gold, it's just beautiful.

Red Queen was the book that really brought me back into the YA realm. I hadn't read much of anything since the end of the original Harry Potter series, but this book reminded me how much fun reading and fantasy could be. And while the series certainly has its flaws, it holds a special place in my heart because of that. So
Chrisi
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Started it,Had a breakdown, Bon appètit

No really, Broken Throne is a must have for every Red Queen (probably not for Maven stans but who cares).

Victoria once again brings us in her world of politics, betrayal and heartbreak. Her writing is fierce and tempting and exciting. AND I NEED MORE OF IT!!

It was amazing to read how the characters have dealt with the after match of the last war and it was exciting to see that they keep growing as humans. Miss Aveyard knows her character so well and didn’t
Adibah Atiqa (persephtiyareads)
I just love all my Red and Silver and Newbloods of course ❤

How I wish to hear more from this universe on future 😢
ashleigh
Jun 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Bruh my thumb messed up and pressed the “want to read” button, i just want the spoilers without doing the work. Like the Bachelor. I’m invested but not that invested so instead of watching i just read the live tweets.
Jackie
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It didn’t really add much new information that I was dying to know
Katherine
AHA!

description

I fucking knew it!! I knew that piece of junk was not the end!

cheap cheap cheap
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
I see so much love and hate for this series. When I will I ever read this series? Plus I will not be suckered into beautiful covers! Fuck it. Who am I kidding? It’s like I’m a gold digger and this is my gold block.

• The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Secret Life
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction (Futuredaze, #1)
  • Three Heartbeats Away (The Mortician's Daughter #3)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • The Fantasy Hall of Fame
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Untitled (The Sixth World, #3)
  • The Hugo Winners Vol 1 and 2 1955-1970
  • The New Atlantis
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Pocketful of Posies (Ashes, Ashes, #2)
  • Lost Roads (Broken Lands, #2)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • You've Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2)
  • The Future Collection
I'm a screenwriter/YA author who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

My book RED QUEEN will be published Winter 2015 from HarperTeen at HarperCollins. I'm repped by the incomparable Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Red Queen (4 books)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)
“Go break some thrones” 4 likes
“And you're late"
"I prefer chronologically challenged”
3 likes