Start by marking “Bombshell (EOD, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bombshell (EOD, #2)

Bombshell

(EOD #2)

Sergeant James Spears isn’t heartbroken because he doesn’t have one. His heart was ripped from his body when the love of his life was killed in an IED attack in Syria.

Ironic, since James is an elite soldier whose speciality is neutralizing bombs.

Explosive…
Ordnance…
Disposal…

Other bomb disposal officers say EOD stands for ‘Every One’s Divorced’, but to James, all he can hear
Published March 1st 2019 by Harvey Berrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bombshell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bombshell

Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3.5 - 4 stars

I'm waffling on my rating again. JHB can write and tell a good story. Also, she does her research. This book was much more uplifting than the first one. To see James and Bel both become whole and put the past behind them and come out stronger for it, individually and together, makes for a great read.

This book also provides a lot of info on the work of the the HALO Trust (Hazardous Area Life-support Organization). It is a non-political and non-religious registered British charity and
Jacqueline
I put off reading this after that hideous ending to the first book. I was gutted and too nervous to read any more.

Fortunately though, the end of Tick Tock was rock bottom, this book was about moving on, healing and finding a place in the world. Even though the subject matter is hard - not least because I know it’s horribly real - it was an uplifting , powerful read.

It’s always a mark of a great book when my mind is consumed with the story even while I’m not reading.

I would’ve liked a longer epil
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

I loved what Jane created with this second book in her EOD series.

Bombshell can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading Tick-Tock first to fully grasp everything that happened to James and his redemption story.

I LOVED that! I loved seeing the evolution of the characters, specially James and Arabella. Even though we only meet Arabella in this book, from the first time she appears until the end we can see how much she's grown.

Jane created a compelling story of two lost people fin
Constance
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have absolutely LOVED this series. So well written, the characters are all wonderful, even the supporting characters.
Anna Green
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last, we can now find out what happened to James after the tragic ending in book one, Tick Tock. The first book made me so sad and my heart broke for James. If you haven’t read Tick Tock, I strongly recommend that you read it first.
Eighteen months after that tragic event in book one, we find James still grieving for his loss. His career and the love of his life are gone and he is still plagued with nightmares and drowning himself on alcohol. Thankfully his friend Clay got something up his sle
KFForever
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

Although Bombshell is the second installment in the EOD series, there’s absolutely no reason why it can’t be enjoyed as a stand-alone. Harvey-Berrick’s pulled out all the stops and by her bringing out the big guns; excuse the pun, at no point in this explosive story is confusion apparent. Yes, she’s rounded up protagonist’s tale very well indeed and before I go any further, I have to mention the impact this book had on me. The vividly
MJ
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting, poignant and real.

Bombshell is the ultimate conclusion to the EOD duet. Picking up where we left off in Tick Tock, Jane Harvey-Berrick once again is meticulous as she guides us through the seemingly never-ending pain that James Spears continues to endure. It's 18 months later and his world is still dark. And what ultimately gives him a glimmer of light is the friend he has in Clay Williams who not only forces him to clean up his disheveled appearance but gives him the lease on life he
BookAddict
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harvey-Berrick is an author I can always count on to evoke a vast array of emotions while also making me think and broadening my world view. Bombshell is no different, and I was eager to read the rest of James's story, after having first met him in Tick Tock. This book was everything I expected and more, touching my heart deeply while keeping me on the edge of my seat as I devoured it in one sitting.

When we catch up with James again, his life is a spectacular disaster. He has lost the love of hi
Chris
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bombshell is the intense continuation of James Spears story that began in book one in the EOD series, Tick Tock.
Again, Jane Harvey-Berrick has given us a perfectly written story with visual detail that takes you right into the dangerous circumstances and challenging tasks that James faces every time he does his job of disarming old forgotten explosives left behind in war ravaged countries.
This story is not pretty, nor is is your typical love story. However, there is a love story between James a
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
This is a story that will never be forgotten. After such a tragic ending to the first book, I was eager to read what had become of James.

The feelings this story provoked, were phenomenal. While the story centres around the growing relationship of James and Arabella, the author does no shy away from the unjust world we live in and shines a light on those heroes striving to clean up mankind’s mess.

The attention to detail was awe-inspiring. The story was believable and gripping. The sorrow and hea
Luisa Rivas
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s another world, very different to the one we are accustomed to, very harsh and difficult. There’s danger, violence and poverty. And the remnants left in the soil from many previous wars that are still killing innocents. This is the underlaying message I got from this book. While we enjoy hot baths, cold water, fresh food and new clothes on a routine basis, there are people working on EOD’s, cleaning mined areas so that the agriculture and economy of the country can prosper. They bathe in ...more
Lara
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
What can I say? Jane Harvey-Berrick has done it again.

Now, I had my issues with the first book which I wrote about here, and they carried over to this book. But JHB is such a master storyteller than any qualms I had were pushed aside, and I really enjoyed this slow-burn romance.

Two years after the events in Tick Tock former Staff Sargent James Spears is barely existing. He is still mourning the death of the woman he loved in book #1, and he's content to drink himself to death. But then a face fr
Gabri
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW!!!
Being Bombshell a Jane Harvey-Berrick book, and the companion book to Tick Tock (EOD #1), I knew I was in for a great read, but nothing prepared me for this level of epic goodness.
There's nothing I didn't love about James and Bel's story: it's intense; it's beautiful; it packs a punch and it hits more than a raw nerve when it comes to James's line of job.

Former Staff Sergeant now EOD Operator James Spears and the Right Honourable Lady Arabella Elizabeth Roecaster Forsythe coul
Lisa Hill
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense and emotional

This is a well thought out, intelligent read and one that I devoured in less than 24 hours. I really couldn’t put it down.

The storyline follows on from Tick Tock, but can be read as a stand-alone. It focuses on James once again, dealing with life (or not, as the case may be) in the aftermath of losing the woman he loved. How his life has spiralled into a meaningless void, until Clay appears and hauls him in to the land of the living.

It also features clueless socialite Lady
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I was so excited to read this as I absolutely loved Tick Tock. My expectations were high and I’m so delighted I wasn’t disappointed as this was so so good.

I’m not gonna rehash the story - it’s just not my thing. I will stay this story has a brilliant storyline. The author is in a league of her own with the emotions she pulled me through while reading this.

Bombshell will certainly be one of my favourite reads of this year, without a doubt.

Great praise to the author on an amazing read. I felt I
Tammy  Tracy
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second book continuing James Spears story, he is down on his luck contemplating ending his life. Clay shows up and convinces him he can do good in the world with his bomb disposal skills. He cleans up and has a purpose.
Arabella is a spoiled rich girl who's dad pays her no attention until he commits her to 3 months working with the Halo Trust folks who are cleaning up unexploded bombs. It is dangerous and primitive.
I love how Arabella grows as a person and James finds a way to become hole again.
Lora
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. I was so sad for James at the end of Book 1 and really wanted the best for him. Arabella was exactly what he needed...and seeing more of Clay was definitely an added bonus. The story flowed well and I was intrigued by the way both James and Arabella interacted with each other and those around them. There was a good deal of drama and action, but it wasn't overdone. I enjoyed the entire story and look forward to more by this author.
Franca Cawley
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very emotional eye opener of what distruction is left behind, even when a war is over

Another incredible well written book by JHB, her research and attention to detail to what still goes on around the world even when a war is supposedly over is amazing, and makes us so aware of the hard working unsung heroes out there keeping our world safer, thank you Jane.
So pleased that James got his happy ending too.
Kim Hennessey
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read in one day. Was really looking forward to tick, tock, kind of sad with how it ended. I guess it happens sometimes. Did not know there was going to be a 2nd so quickly. Was a little hesitant, but then hurt my knee and now on bedrest. OMG! going to read it again next week. Awesome.
Lisa Icard
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enlightenment on a very serious subject!
Viviana Varona
Sep 04, 2019 is currently reading it
I received an ARC from the author February 2018 for an honest opinion.
Catherine Larkin
Seriously good

Was tired of reading lightweight stuff and a friend recommended this. It's well written and well worth the read. I will be reading more by this author
Sharon Thérèse at KFF

Mar 14, 2019
Valeta
Jul 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Writing is my passion and my obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas!

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk my little dog, Pip, every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

To keep up-to-date with new books, special o

EOD (2 books)