Start by marking “Whose Boat Is This Boat?: Comments That Don't Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane” as Want to Read:

100% of The Late Show’s proceeds from this book go to hurricane relief.

Whose Boat Is This Boat? Comments That Don’t Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane is a picture book made entirely of quotations from President Donald Trump in the wake of Hurricane Florence. It is the first children’s book that demonstrates what not to say after a natural disaster.

On September 19, 2018, Donald/>Whose
Published November 6th 2018 by Simon Schuster

Start your review of Whose Boat Is This Boat?: Comments That Don't Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane
Majenta
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, too short, but there is much to like--such as the ideas for future books. A fine example of making orange lemonade that aids some good causes!
Hester
It's funny until you realize it really isn't.
Sheri
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, 2018
I expected more from the Stephen Colbert team. It’s very short and could have had more content but perhaps that would have been even more disheartening. The fact that 100% of the proceeds go to help victims of Hurricane Florence boosted my rating.
David Schaafsma
"At least you got a nice boat out of the deal."
- Donald J. Trump, speaking to a victim of Hurricane Florence

The staff of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert just took actual ludicrous and totally insensitive things 45 said about a boat he saw when surveying the damage from the hurricane and made it into a picture book for adults.

It's not drawn all that well, and as Rod Brown said, it is just too sad to be as funny as they tried to make it. To have the President of th
Greta
The animated version is slightly better.
But only slightly :

Reese
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you say when you don't care what you say? What do you say when you don't care how what you say affects an individual -- or even the entire world? You say the words in this book and many other disturbing words. What words do I say when I am listening to such words? Only my loved ones know.
Kathleen
It's silly and sobering at the me time, like politics these days. It's a fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Florence. I hope this becomes a series where sound bites are formed into children's books that raise money. It's a great way to turn words that help no one, into donations that will help someone.
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Interesting touchstone book that illustrates the wide disconnect between the public an all politicians.
Montzalee Wittmann
How to comment if you have no soul!

Whose Boat is This Boat? is not a book about you Donald, sorry! It is about your sorry soulless heart. His comments show he is totally unable to understand and show empathy. One of probably a few people in the world to truly lack a soul and we have him as the leader of our country! The rest are in the GOP House and Senate!
Katie
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Way too short. Love that the proceeds go to a good cause.
Rod Brown
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too sad to be funny, and maybe the execution was a little too rushed. It's not well drawn, and some of the pictures make very little sense.
Seth
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"To see what we're seeing - this boat, I don't know what happened, but this boat just came here."
-President Donald J. Trump

It's better to laugh than cry.
Jeff Larsen
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally! A book actually written by Donald Trump! His words! All 60 or so of them. A children's book without a moral written by an amoral person.

Created by the staff of the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, all proceeds go to hurricane relief in South Carolina. So there's that.
Joshua Gross
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Humorous and short. A lot of effort and production for really one joke but then I saw proceeds go to hurricane victims or something so that's good.
Marialba Martinez
Too short!

You mean this is the only idiotic thing that 45 said in SC??? He must have been off his game that day! You should have written a book on Puerto Rico's visit by 45 and all the doozies he said! You could have ended up with a 400-page bestseller!
We do appreciate your very generous donation to rebuild the Island!
Melki
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: politics, parody
"At least you got a nice boat out of the deal."
- Donald J. Trump, speaking to a victim of Hurricane Florence

"Oy, vey!"
- Me, slapping my head at that fact that this asshole is somehow President of the United States
Philip
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, 5-stars, politics
Silly, stupid book that takes all of a minute to read - but an automatic 5 stars for just sticking another pin in the overinflated orange balloon that is (and I still cannot believe I'm saying this) the current president of the United States. Sigh...

Every time we saw Stephen Colbert flogging this on his show, Jennifer would say "we should buy that - the money's going to a good cause;" and so we surprised her with it for Christmas. It will now take a place of honor (and probably never
Noelle
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations were really clear cut and added to the humor of his odd quotes. Also in the last part, the hotdog throwing just added to how ridiculous his comments were in the wake of such a tragedy!!!
Wonderful read!!
Brent Bonet
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. It's a two minute read but, I laughed out loud several times. As the back cover says, "It's an excellent teaching tool for readers of all ages who enjoy learning about empathy by process of elimination."
Leigh
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 2019, humour, audio
A short somewhat silly book about what not to say after a natural disaster especially by the leader of the country experiencing that disaster. Best part all proceeds go to hurricane relief.
Jane
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buy this book!

Help hurricane victims with this short silly satire of Trump....turn something bad, into something good. God bless America and Stephen Colbert! LOL
Amy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s a good thing this is so short, because cringe-laughing is painful. As is reminding myself that the man who said these things is running our country.
Mitzi Moore
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
The illustrations will have you laughing out loud at the absurdity of the text.

A true story.

Proceeds benefit hurricane relief.
Judi Jeremie
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ugh to the words...but definitely worth buying for a good cause. And yeah...none of those comments help in the aftermath of a hurricane.
Sara
Guys I'm gonna get a little political here. Brace yourselves.

Man if there was ever a time I felt like I was cheating on my Goodreads book challenge it is now. In the interest of full disclosure I will say I did not know the story behind this before I read it so my initial impression has changed with a bit more information.

The good folks over at the Late Show With Stephen Colbert thought they'd have a spot of fun with President shit for brains over some of his, shall we say (because
Judith Shelton
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great way to raise much needed money for hurricane survivor, plus add a few smiles.

When 45 and Colbert ( unknown to 45) combine to write a book did you really expect great literature ? This is a true reality show! The leader of our country said these things to people who had just had there life as they knew it destroyed.
Colbert was very up front that it was short, what it was about, he even read the entire book on his show. No one was forced to buy it, jobs were produced to create it. Bro
Linda Rosche
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Humorous yet sad because the comments were all actually made in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence and show absolutely no empathy or ability to console. I mainly bought this because the proceeds are going to assist the victims of both Hurricane Florence and Hurricane Michael. And to taunt my in-laws.
james r woods
Nov 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too short.

No real content. Only saving grace is that the money went to charity. I wish there was more in the book.
Kristina
When Stephen Colbert read this book on his show, I thought, how funny but how sad and horrifying. These are the words of a psychopath, a man who cannot empathize or barely even pretend to show concern for the victims of a hurricane. And not just this one--his response to the devastation of Puerto Rico was (if possible) even more disgusting and cruel. These comments by President Trump betray his unorganized and shallow thoughts; he focuses on a boat blown onto someone's property and how it got th ...more
Douglas
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes a lot to eviscerate the Orange Stain that is the president in 24 pages. But taking his nonsensical statements and positioning them with simple pictures in a children’s book exposes the complete absurdity that is American politics today.

A children’s book format speaks volumes more than a deep study of the insanity of Trump. He deserves simplicity because he’s simple, lacking any form of critical thought or empathy. So he’s a children’s book villain. Simplistic, one sided, and easily moc

• Goodnight Trump: a parody
  • A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo
  • A Very Stable Genius
  • The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
  • P is for Pterodactyl: The Worst Alphabet Book Ever
  • The Golden Girls: 'twas the Night Before Christmas
  • Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents
  • I am a Pole (And So Can You!)
  • Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You
  • Bold & Brave: Ten Heroes Who Won Women the Right to Vote
  • Los Supehéroes están en Todas Partes
  • #SAD!: Doonesbury in the Time of Trump
  • Mr. Nogginbody Gets a Hammer
  • You Are My Magical Unicorn
  • A Child's First Book of Trump
  • His Royal Dogness, Guy the Beagle: The Rebarkable True Story of Meghan Markle's Rescue Dog
  • Donald and the Golden Crayon