Start by marking “One Very Odd Teacher” as Want to Read:

One Very Odd Teacher

Fun and adventurous, for brave and cheeky kids!

The humming noise got louder. Adam willed himself to focus. He had to finish his math test.

Suddenly, the noise became unbearable. He glanced up.

Mrs Murphy was inches away, leaning over another kid's desk. Was the noise coming from her?

***

Published September 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about One Very Odd Teacher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Very Odd Teacher

Start your review of One Very Odd Teacher
Mackey
Every child remembers a teacher who was a little bizarre, prickly or ill-tempered. Some teachers, though, are very odd indeed, and warrant some closer attention…

Suddenly, the noise became unbearable. He glanced up.
Mrs. Murphy was inches away, leaning over another kid’s desk. Was the noise coming from her?

If you follow my blog or reviews, you know that I adore children’s books almost as much as I love s
Berit☀️✨
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and “cheeky“ book...

Cheeky A word that as an American stumps me... we don’t use this term and if we do it has an entirely different meaning, but I think I used it correctly here, maybe? Anyways this book was a whole lot of fun from cover to cover! And Adam was an inquisitive child with a spark of spunk... this book is targeted towards middle schoolers but I found it an entertaining read... and it has been a long, Long, long, long time since I was a preteen...🦕

Adam is convinced the
Shalini
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books that I have read in recent times. The story goes thus, Adam finds something odd about his teacher, Mrs Murphy, and sets about investigating and getting to the bottom of the truth along with his best friend Jennifer.

This book was everything what a children's book ought to be. I felt a thrill of adventure when I started reading this book. The first chapter made me feel the same glee what a child would feel at Christmas. The first page itself told me one simple fact - this bo
Lili  Marcus
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first question I had in mind when I received this from Shalini was: how many Children's or Middle Grade books have I read in my 26 short years? The answer to that is less than ten. So needless to say, I was a bit worried about this book.

But after an hour reading it, I was like, why was I even worried? Because seriously, this book is a gift. A real treat. It made me smile and laugh and yeah, reminisce. Odd Mrs. Murphy with her boring teachings reminded me of my school teachers. Maybe my teach
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

One Very Odd Teacher was children fiction revolving around adorable Adam who had very odd class teacher, Mrs Murphy, who gives him creeps. One Odd nightmare and odd sounds around Mrs. Murphy made Adam suspicious about his teacher. As the day passes he observes very peculiar things about his class teacher that lead to an investigation which turned out the biggest scandal in the town.

Adam was very average yet clever and observant class
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
What can I say about this book besides “IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!” It really brought me back to my days of “Goosebumps” books by R.L Stine (don’t ask me why… this one isn’t scary… but, something about Mrs. Murphy. Guess you’ll just have to read this one and find out for yourself!)

One of my favourite things about this book was the friendship between Adam and Jennifer. It really took me back to my school days where my friends and I could have a conversation across a room without even saying a word.

“Desp
Justine
I am pouring my thoughts out here over One Very Odd Teacher as if I was reading this when I was in elementary. I love, love, love this better.

At school being terrible at math, letting the day pass without being called out by the teacher was Adam’s life. One time he had to stay up later to pick up his things and started to hear weird noises. Days later he started to notice more odd behavior from his teacher. His teacher’s behavior intensifies and emphasizes strongly over their pen usage. Adam and
Jessica Belmont
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved One Very Odd Teacher. I don’t read a ton of books targetting middle school kids, or children’s stories in general, but I absolutely could not put this one down.
I love Adam. His curiosity is very intriguing, and I love that even though everyone around him doesn’t really believe him, he still investigates the oddness of his teacher, Mrs. Murphy.

What I found most compelling and fun, was author Robbie Yates’ use of visuals to represent Adam’s journal entries of his findings. Adam feels auth
Lel Budge
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

By Robbie Yates

Adam Miller is in Class 5M, with his best friend Jennifer. Adam hears odd noises coming from their teacher, Mrs Murphy.

No-one believes him and he knows he’s not hearing things, so he starts to keep notes until Jennifer agrees something is a bit odd.

Mrs Murphy loves technology, yet makes the children use poor quality TrooCo pens, pencils and markers for all their work. So to find out more, Adam and Jennifer visit the TrooCo factory on a tour and hear a startling
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Full review: http://swiftcoffee.blog/2018/10/06/bl...

I am so glad that I was willing to give this book a chance! It was a very fast read, partly because it's relatively short and partly because it's written for kids, so obviously it's not as complex as what I'm used to. What I loved is that the simpleness of the usage of words and expressions didn't take away from how elaborate the language used was. It all felt so natural!

As for the story, I found it very creative, and even I, an adult couldn't
Ashish Agrawal
Merete Aasen
Oct 08, 2018
claire
Oct 08, 2018

• Song for a Lost Kingdom (Book #1)
  • Academic Curveball (Braxton Campus Mysteries #1)
  • Broken Heart Attack (Braxton Campus Mysteries #2)
  • Slay Bells (A Christmas Village Mystery #1)
  • Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery #1)
  • In Servitude
  • Running from Scissors (A Running Store Mystery #1)
  • The Space Between Time
Robbie Yates is an author based in the vibrant city of Melbourne, Australia. He enjoys drawing, the crunch of autumn leaves, and eating tasty snacks from his childhood.

In his free time, Robbie likes to read the stories of Roald Dahl, Paul Jennings and J.K. Rowling. Robbie also likes to go geocaching, play board games, and have water-balloon fights.

You can learn more about Robbie Yates and his writ