Start by marking “Man-Eaters #3” as Want to Read:
Man-Eaters #3

Man-Eaters #3

(Man-Eaters #3)

"A VISIT FROM AUNT FLO," Day Three Maude suspects that the cat lady downstairs may be part of a cult. The toilet is clogged by a strange blockage in the septic system. And a recent spat of deadly mauling attacks takes its toll on the community. Plus: bonus backmatter featuring art and words by smart, angry teens!
Published November 28th 2018 by Image

To ask other readers questions about Man-Eaters #3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man-Eaters #3

Start your review of Man-Eaters #3
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
What started out looking like a slightly comical series has turned into something far more interesting. I’ll admit that the core concept: girls turning into giant cats on their periods is hard to take seriously, but that’s okay. They take advantage of the humor, and while they have some really important points to make it never really feels like they’re taking themselves too seriously.
I’m looking forward to getting my hands on the next issue. They’ve finally started setting the groundwork on a
Leah
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What!?!
Kristin
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-comics
I am not sure of what to make of my reaction to this issue. I seemed to vary between thinking it worth four stars and wanting to give it two stars and throw it across the room. There are two examples in this issue where a radio plays a (view spoiler). And those both took me out of the fictional world and stoked my anger at that real-world figure. And… even if I didn't have that reaction to the speaker, it made it ...more
Anna Heidick
Dec 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
This issue was okay. It's tone felt more tolerable and better then the last 2 with some background plot involved.

On a side note: "A-weema-weh"? Why does most of the characters all have to hum that song? It's not funny, just repetitive, and comes across as lazy writing. If everybody has to say the same thing, It ruins distinctive quirks that makes characters individualistic, and it's not just the song. A lot of the dialogue in the past two issues before this one just felt like meh effort.
Jesse
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I appreciated the world-building in this issue. So there's hormones in the water that only girls are supposed to drink? And our main character and her friend have been specifically drinking pop and water meant for the boys. Ok... Not a whole lot happened in this issue but I liked it, and its backmatter. Plus... the return of corgis!
Jennifer Bentley
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
3rd book in series read so far! Ok, this a two-fold treatise on toxic masculinity and an example of women's prescriptive lit- love the breaks something like a fourth wall, where the reader becomes participant/observer (ie: Time magazine articles, letters home from school, health department notices... all made-up of course!). DO DRINK THE WATER!!
Harry Hood
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful little gem. It’s experimental, it’s funny as hell, you care for the characters, the plot is running smoothly, and the concept behind the series is very intriguing. Very well written and illustrated. Three issues in, and it’s of the best new series out there.
Leah
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely an awesome continuation of the first two issues. I dug seeing more of, well everything, and gaining more insight to the characters in general.

Plus all the spoilery things I choose not to write.

I think this may end up being what I wish Bitch Planet was.
Casey Anderson
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one I really loved. The first book is great based on the concept and "shock value" of sorts alone. The second one is good enough. But this third one really starts to tell the story. It changed the narrative and the way I viewed it. It manages to say a lot without saying it, in a great way.
Bianca
Sep 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
possibly the whitest thing i've read this past calendar year
Erinn
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't feel like enough went on but the story is progressing.
Stergios
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: single-issues
It's not that this issue is better than the two before it but the story picks up and get's more interesting especially with the last panel. Smells like a girl conspiracy...
Chris Thompson
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I’m a trained zoologist, and I can tell you that panthers don’t ride bikes.”

This is one of the most fun comic series out right now.
Nicole
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better exploration and better humour, my favourite issue so far
Amber
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Literal perfection, love the commentary on estrogen and testosterone, love the fake ads.
Theresa
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Not the e-version, but I don't care enough about this to request a change.
Lola
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts On: Man-Eaters #3

1. Finally, an issue of Man-Eaters where the plot begins to pick up speed! Cain is starting to match her concept with some good storytelling, and you can see that shift in this issue.

2. I like that they show the children in Maude's class getting the puberty talk, but I particularly enjoyed that the book was called What's Happening to Me And Can It Be Stopped? Also, imagine how much more awkward health class in middle school would be if girls also turned into giant
Nadine VonTerror
Allie
Jan 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Die #1
  • Blackbird #3 (Blackbird, #3)
  • Blackbird #1 (Blackbird, #1)
  • Hex Wives (2018-) #1
  • Blackbird #4 (Blackbird, #4)
  • Blackbird #2 (Blackbird, #2)
  • Hex Wives (2018-) #2
  • Hex Wives (2018-) #5
  • Hex Wives (2018-) #6
  • Unnatural #5
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #5
Chelsea Cain is the New York Times bestselling author of the Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell thrillers Heartsick, Sweetheart, Evil at Heart, The Night Season, Kill You Twice, and Let Me Go. Her next book One Kick (August, 2014) will be the first in her Kick Lannigan thriller series. Her book Heartsick was named one of the best 100 thrillers ever written by NPR, and Heartsick and Sweetheart were ...more

Man-Eaters (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Man-Eaters #1