Start by marking “Blues, Butterflies & Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Blues, Butterflies & Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 5)

Blues, Butterflies & Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 5)

Jesse Camden is minding the store at the Gilded Lily Antiques and Vintage Shop when a stranger enters and begins asking questions about Lindsey Hatch, Jesse’s friend, business partner and the barista at the tearoom next door. It’s a bad beginning to a day that just gets worse when, within hours, two people are found dead.

While trying to learn more about the man who’s stal
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Blues, Butterflies & Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blues, Butterflies & Murder

Emris Lindsay
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The more I read these cozies the deeper I fall in love with them, Jesse and her gang are at it again only this time it is more twisted than ever. Two murders and a lotta suspects, which is just how Vivian and Jesse like it, more dirt to sift through until they find the one or ones that did the dastardly act. This has been a truly engaging and entertaining cozy filled with drama, a bit a romance and a lotta intrigue.
Veronica
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love visiting Myrtle Grove. The residents -- especially the members of the Myrtle Grove Garden Club -- are an fascinatingly eclectic group of women who always manage to find trouble and (help) resolve it in increasingly imaginative ways. And in between their sleuthing, they manage to get a tad bit of gardening done to justify their name/existence. This time it's one of their own who has big trouble, which happens to spill over to the wife of the local hardware store owner. Add a 12-year-old gi ...more
Carol Bisig
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Good Mystery!

Lindsey is found by Jesse in a cupboard, crying, fearful; after an incredibly handsome hunk has been in the Antique Store! What is wrong? Why has the hardware store owners wife committed suicide? Who killed the hunk who tried to haul Lindsey out of the coffee shop of The Gilded Lily? Good mystery, terrible ending for Sheriff Tyler and Jesse! I am becoming frustrated by the lack of romance in this series! If all you want to read is a Cozy Mystery, go for it! Other than that, forget i
Kat Taylor
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Old secrets can Lead to Murder

Once again Ms Harrington has given us readers a gift so marvelous I want every cozey murder mystery or mystery reader to share in the magic of this heart warming storey , one of those women who run from abuse, lieve town in shame with a secret to carry and those whose lives are fractured in the aftermath. Pick up a copy and start enjoying "Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery "book 5.🙄😮🤐😏😶 Kat
B.E.
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up on a whim not paying attention to the fact that it was a #5 and I hadn't read the first 4. But I read it anyway. There were a few things I probably could've benefited from by reading the other books, but all in all, this stood alone quite well. And it made me want to go back and read the other books when I have the time and money. Loads of fun, but with heart. Good mystery. Great characters.
Elaine
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
An intriguing story of how past romantic relationships can cause pain and chaos in the present. Two cousins seek love, unfortunately with the same woman, and it ends dramatically. A young wife is fed up with her matrimony and escapes for three years to settle into a new life but as fate would have it, she is found. And so the mystery begins.
The plot keeps you guessing as to who is the person responsible for what happens.
Susan Mills
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want to join the club!

These women are caught right in the middle of TWO murders. Do they sit safely in their tearoom? Their homes? The mansion owned by the woman I want to be when I grow up? (I am only 67, I have a little while to get as cool as Vivian). Anyway, that would be a great big NO! Cue the handsome sheriff, the devilish strangers and the excitement begins!
ann h shirilla
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very entertaining read!!!

This is the fifth book in this series! I have enjoyed all of the other books and couldn't wait to start reading this one! The characters are fun and the story line keeps you reading until the end. I hope this author continue is A this series with me y more books and .mysteries to keep me guessing!!!
Laura Goodman
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two murders instead of one

Jesse seems to always be in the middle of solving a murder but now it is two. How are they related and was it one killer or two. It take some time but she finally gets there in the end. I would like to have seen a little more romance like the last book. That is still hanging out there.
Suzanne Homeier-poe
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the series.

I really enjoy this series. I do hope there will be more to come. I love Jesse she is so spunky. I did figure out the culprit for one murder when Walter talked about a well endowed blonde was leaving Darrens room.
Olga Lilian Caddock
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first 'visit' to Myrtle Grove ............................. and looking forward to going there again. Great group of female protagonists with an assortment of 'back histories' to give them extra interest.

Think I'm going to have to start with Book 1 and work my way through them all.
Lisa Kidder
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sleepy little town that spawns murders connected in many different ways.

I've found another author. She's different than Janet Evanovich but is funny and has twists and turns. I have read 5 books now and recommend them all.
Carolyn Strong
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable mystery

If you enjoy mysteries, this book offers a light and interesting experience to read in an afternoon. The characters are compelling and the plot has enough depth to keep you guessing.
Marianne
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jesse is on the trail of the bad guys.

Strange families, strange deaths, people thinking money can cure all ills. Sheriff Taylor worried about Jesse and the problems she gets herself into, her mother worried about the people Jesse is trying to help.

Read and enjoy.
Ethel Jarrett
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ending Surprise

I didn't guess the ending. It surprise me which in my mind makes it a good read. This was my first book by Loulou Harrington, but not my last. Fell in love with all the charaters and the town.
Lynda Calkins
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garden club mysteries

I'm really reviewing the whole series. They have kept me going for days! The characters are so well drawn you don't want to leave them! I really feel for the sheriff! I wish you would continue this series. I don't want to lose these people!
Catherine
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Small town, big mystery.

I love small towns, so much easier to keep track of the characters. Although, most of them were in this mystery. Different but believable ending. Nice touch giving the recipe at the end. I can't say too much or I'd give the secret away.
pam moore
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Cozy Mystery

I enjoyed continuing to read about the Myrtle Grove Gardening Club. I liked the characters, the setting, and their sleuthing abilities. Hope there is another book in the works.
Karin
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
When your partner isn’t who she says she is, is she still who you think she is??? Then there is vanity, jealousy, and wounded ego. All because of something that was over and done with years ago. During this, the young suffer. I enjoyed the story and recommend the book.
Linda C. Brizendine
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good cozy mystery

This is a good cozy mystery that is well written. The characters sound realistic. It is an enjoyable interesting read. I would definitely read more by this author.
Susan
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, loved the story, goes to show how much of a mess people can make in their lives.
rosemary l keeling
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great. Story

This is a author I will put down as one of my favorites. You will be pleased with this tale.
Ron Hogan
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Family troubles!!

Interesting story. A multitude of suspects to choose from. Past and present love affairs. If you like Miss Marple then this story is written for you.
Annette Mordec
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cozy Mystery

Pretty interesting plot, some good twists. Easy, enjoyable read even if you don't much care for gossip, lol. I will definitely read more books from this series.
Joy
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Figured it out early

I enjoyed this mystery. it was a quick read, sweet, sad, and a bit of a stretch, but very fun for all that. Even better, there are delicious recipes at the end.
Lisa Cater
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story, reads well
april galaskewicz
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blues,butterflies&murder

This was a great book i loved every oage could not put it down get wait to read the others
Tom Bryant
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Book was very good makes me want to read the series. suspenseful thru out. and held my interest
Yvonne Meyer
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book.

I really enjoyed this book. It is a good mystery, lots of twists, touch of romance , characters that come "alive" as you read the story.
Mabel Mcdonald
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

I enjoyed reading this book. It was so full of thing happening. It made you want to keep reading it