Start by marking “If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2)

If You Desire

(MacCarrick Brothers #2)

How much temptation can a Highlander resist? Fierce Scottish brothers shadowed by a dark curse face steamy new adventures in the second book in Kresley Cole's thrilling new trilogy.

He tried to run....

In his youth, Hugh MacCarrick foolishly fell in love with a beautiful English lass who delighted in teasing him with her flirtatious ways. Yet he knew he could never

Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published April 24th 2007 by Pocket

Start your review of If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2)
~IreneOust~

OMG! This series ... GAH! It is SOOOO GOOD! Kresley Cole's writing is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS and her characters are BEYOND LOVABLE! I don't think she can write a bad book even if she tried. From the story to the banter to the supporting cast ... I can't rave enough about this author's work!

I loved book one. I mean LOVED! Courtland MacCarrick & Lady Annalía Tristán stole my heart from the minute I met them and, just when I thought I couldn't love a couple any more, we got introduced to Hugh
Sophie ♥
I'm going to have a rant. BEWARE: This review may contain my own opinions that could be controversial, but are not intended to offend. In fact, I'd love to hear from you if you disagree with anything I'm going to say.

This book was one of the very few ventures I've made into the realm of erotica and it book epitomised exactly why.

Who doesn't enjoy a good sex scene? Certainly not me. In fact I can't stand it when there is no sexual intimacy in a book.
But do you know what? Sex is not the only
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Historical romance fans and Kresley Cole fans
From a young age, Hugh MacCarrick and Jane Weyland have secretly yearned for each other of years. But with the MacCarrick curse riding on him, Hugh doesn’t want to take the chance with Jane’s life.

Then he finds out that her life is in danger anyways when his former assassin partner, Grey seeks revenge on Jane’s father and Hugh for betraying him. The deranged and psychotic Grey aims to kill two birds with one stone. His target? Jane.

Now Hugh must protect Jane from his former friend and resist her
Book Wonderland
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was better than the first one, but I wasn't impressed that the curse was still an issue for the couple, when it already had a solution previously in If You Dare...
Otherwise than Hugh's and Jane's story was enjoyable, I liked it. Looking forward to Ethan's book.
♡Karlyn P♡
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If You Desire is the sequel to If You Dare, one of my all time favorite romance novels. This is Hugh's story, one of Courtland's brothers who we met in If You Dare. (Ethan will get his own story in If You Deceive.) The background to this series is a Scottish family curse that prevents these three yummy alpha-male brothers from ultimately finding true love. Or does it?

Hugh is summonsed to London to ultimately protect Jane, a woman who he aches for but hasn't seen in ten years, from a man who
Zoe
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time rereading this book

I am downgrading my original 5 stars rating. I like Jane and Hugh but their story isn't as emotionally charged as I would like for 5 stars ratings.

Original review:

This is a highly entertaining book which requires minimal emotional investment. I enjoyed the read immensely for its tension and fast pace. I also enjoy Ms. Cole's writing a lot. She is not that kind of writers who show and tell you everything about the characters. She is on the other side of the
Dina
Feb 03, 2009 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the MacCarrick Brothers Trilogy and I'm sorry to say I still don't get how easily those brothers dismiss their curse after letting it dictate all their lives before "surrendering" to the heroine. I mean, I'm all for the HEA, but I thought things were wrapped too quickly. Not only in this book, but in the first book in the series too. I guess the saying "love conquers all" is really true...

I really liked both Hugh and Jane, the hero and the heroine in this book, even
Mojca
I must say I found this book a vast improvement from the first in this series. It's still not a masterpiece of fiction, and it would've been much better without the slightly too tramp-y heroine and the rather obtuse "yeah, yeah, you're cursed" hero, but we can't have everything.

The suspense subplot is the saving grace of this one, with the villain much more interesting than the leading couple. I wished there'd be more of him throughout the story and his demise was a bit too abrupt and swift,
Azet
"If you Desire" second book in the "MacCarick Brothers" trilogy about the middle brother Hugh MacCarrick who had been forced to leave the love of his life in his youth. A neat but fierce assassin he gets the irresistible mission to wed the woman he has always loved, the impulsive and reckless Jane Weyland.

I have simply come to love this trilogy to the bits, and the feverish Romance between Hugh and Jane was simply burning with unleashed deire, and WOW how Kresley Cole made the wait worth it.
Zeek
Feb 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Second in Cole's MacCarrick Brothers series, once again I was blown away by the author's grasp on what women want in their romance novels- especially as far what the hero gives the heroine in the sack!

Hugh has loved Jane since he got to know her as young girl, while working for her father. A little later, on the brink of womanhood, she offers herself to him. As much as Hugh longs to have her, he doesn't take her. Rather, he walks away and takes a job ensuring he will never be tempted to keep
Jul 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: highlander-books
I read this book a while back, but thought it was only "good" so I never went for the other 2 books. Well, I just adore Kresley Cole, so figured I'd better suck it up and read the other two. I read the first(meh) and third (loved it!) books and it really didn't change my opinion of this book. I really honestly believe that Jane ruined the book for me-she was spoiled and selfish and I couldn't stand her. I loved Hugh and felt so sorry for him for loving her from afar for so long. I've read other ...more
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as lets-call-it-paused
I've read every book from this author except the arcana Chronicles but for some reason I skipped this one. I've paused it because Hugh wanted Jane so much that finding out he'd been with women in between disappointed me. I read book 1 and 3 a couple of years ago and had always planned to read this one but never did, maybe it's that long build up but I found myself unable to continue. Sigh........
Janett
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Down with the curse stars!

The three brothers all walked with death, just as had been predicted.

The Carrick curse is alive and well, rearing its ugly head in "If You Desire" the second book in the MacCarrick Brothers series

Dang! This book was better than the first!

Finished this in about 24 hours because seriously, could not put this down! I loved it all from start to finish.

This tale about middle brother Hugh and his lady Jane Weyland was absolutely swoon worthy and much more emotionally
Rhea_Sways
Not too bad, just the stupid h was grating on my nerves. The chemistry was still bearable, nothing to write home about. Plot was predictable but then again it is a historical book so I have no expectations to say..
The thing that just put a nail in the coffin was the damn h running after the H to convince his minuscule brain to go the logical way.
Mel
Jun 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, pnr
In contrast with almost everyone else, I didn't like this one as much as the first, If You Dare.

The plot of If You Dare was rather silly and so I was pleasantly surprised by the villain plot in the beginning of this book. But Cole didn’t really do anything with it and the subplots and devices she came up with felt rather random to me. Plus the villain’s demise was rather anticlimactic.

I like Cole’s overbearing and gruffy men but Hugh was almost too much. There’s one thing being quiet and
Livia Winata
ITS NOT THAT SATTISFYING

Thought the prequel was a little bit better, a little more mysterious. This one was full of anticipation of things that were clearly known as having read the first novel. Least, the story was sweet. Not to mention, how the erotica wasn't told almost more than three forth of the book despite so many erotics scene in the first book.
Erin
Dec 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans Of Kresley Cole books, Sexy Scottish Highlanders, Lost and found romances
This Books was just...Beautiful. Kresley Cole, as always, out does her self with 'If You Desire'. She got the emotions of a undeniable yearning and love across brilliantly.
From The first day Jane Weyland say Hugh MacCarrick she believed she would marry him. Hugh the middle child of the MacCarrick brothers, and the most reasonable, foolishly falls in love with Jane and wanton and flirtatious ways. Desperate to be with her yet unable because of a family curse- he leaves, leaving Jane heartbroken
Keri
Nov 29, 2010 rated it liked it
It took me awhile to warm up to Jane, but eventually I did. Then I got sort of impatient of all the teasing that went on. While it wasn't my favorite of the series, it wasn't bad. I just wished we would have had a bit more of an ending then we got, I would have liked it more.
★Ruth★
Better than some, not so good as others :)
Saly
Jess
Jan 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, kresley-cole
This is the second book in this series. Hugh Maccarrick is a hired killer, and he is cursed. Both he had and his two other brothers have believed that any woman they will love will end up being harmed. Jane Weyland is the daughter of Hugh's boss and she has been in love with Hugh since she first met him as a child.

Jane thought that she would never see Hugh again, and she couldn't stand the thought that she compared every man to him. She goes out to a party one night and she sees a man who looks
Shyann
This one flowed better then the first one. I loved it! Wish this wasn't just a trilogy I would of loved more books. So sad there's only one brother left!!
Danette Steward
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cole-kresley
Much, much, better than the first book in the series!! Nice fast paced plot. Recommend.
Funmbi
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Monique Atgood
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ridh

Hmm… What to say? Well I can start by saying this, the love between Jane and Hugh just emanated out of this book. Hugh loved Jane so passionately, deeply, and strongly. It was heart breaking to read about what torture he was enduring. Before I get deeper…

QUICK OVERVIEW

Hugh MacCarrick is a big, hot, sexy highlander…Who just so happens to be an assassin. Oh! And he’s also cursed. Anyone who has read the first book knows that because of this curse none of the three MacCarrick brothers will be able

Carla *Jen7waters*
If You Desire, the second installment in the MacCarrick brothers trilogy follows Hugh and his longtime beloved Jane, as they get themselves into a marriage of convenience orchestrated by Jane’s father, so she will be safe under Hugh’s protection, because there’s a madman on the loose trying to harm her. The catch in these lovebirds story is that, they have known each other for over a decade, and have been madly in love all that time, but Hugh always thought he didn’t deserve her, so he ...more
Lauren
If You Desire
3.5 Stars

Like his brothers, Court and Ethan, Hugh MacCarrick lives under a curse that places the only woman he has ever loved in mortal danger. For this reason, he has always avoided Jane Weyland even though he desires her above all else. But now a dangerous enemy has targeted Jane, and Hugh is the only one who can protect her.

Although Jane is a huge improvement over the heroine in the first book, she still comes across as a spoiled little rich girl who is used to getting her own
♥The Kat's Meow♥
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2) by Kresley Cole That blast curse! This time it’s gotten in between Hugh MacCarrick and the love of his life: Jane Weylans.

Has she’s teased him ever since he was eighteen? Well, yes. Is he now a lethal killer? Uh, yup.

He’s determined to stay away from her, to avoid fulfilling the curse; but the only way to protect her from an assignation attempt is to marry her.

She’s determined to stay married and prove that the curse is, well… stupid.

Think the sensual tension is ratcheted up a notch or twelve? You better
Kayla
Overall If You Desire was okay. I liked the hero, Hugh. However the heroine, Jane, was so annoying. For the first half of the book she didn't believe her life was actually in danger. Finally it clicked in her brain that Grey did in fact want to kill her; but bye then half the book had creaked bye. Her attitude way also frustrating. She was always badgering Hugh with questions and making him uncomfortable. She was always making him feel unworthy. Every person they ran into thought Jane was to ...more

• The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3)
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • The Chief (Highland Guard, #1)
  • The Raider (Highland Guard, #8)
  • The Striker (Highland Guard, #10)
  • The Saint (Highland Guard, #5)
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • The Hunter (Highland Guard, #7)
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)
  • The Viper (Highland Guard, #4)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • The Arrow (Highland Guard, #9)
  • Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1)
  • Heiress Gone Wild (Dear Lady Truelove, #4)
  • Highland Warrior (Campbell Trilogy, #1)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD

MacCarrick Brothers (3 books)
  • If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
“The best way to get over a man is to get under an Italian.” 9 likes
“Bringing a strong man to his knees is simple. It’s keeping him there that’s the tricky business…” 2 likes