Start by marking “Lace and Paint (True Colors #1)” as Want to Read:
Lace and Paint (True Colors #1)

Lace and Paint (True Colors #1)

Some scars last forever...
All Talia Blum wanted was to escape to London for a fresh start; a chance to slip away into a big city. A chance to live and breathe. Moving in with her brother and using his basement as her studio, she finds a way to manage the urges and whims of her never-too-controlled bipolar disorder. She has it all worked out: stick to her routine and everyt
Published October 16th 2018 by Ally sky

To ask other readers questions about Lace and Paint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lace and Paint

Snow
What an intense, painful and yet captivating story of a young woman's journey through life filled with so many serious health issues (bipolar disorder, eating disorder, self-depricating and loathing notions about herself, inside and out)

...her past being filled with use and abuse, discarted and left out...takes tool on her present-self.

and now, she's used to running, she's lost yet she's struggling, she's holding on to the little pieces of sanity in this chaos....her family ties are dysfunction
Tina Taylor
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow, what a great read.
I loved this book, the characters, the storyline even the playlist.
A must read heartfelt book, and I cannot wait for the next one.
Brilliant.
Lily Avelon
It's been awhile since my last proper review but here we go.

OH MY GOD. That was a hell of a ride. I went from elated to depressed a million times during the time I read this particular book. I can already tell it was going to be a good read from the prologue. The author really knows how to play with words and making it so meaningful.

I was very reluctant to give it a 5-star but Talia convinced to do it. Hahahah. Call it vengeful or vindictive but I really love the dinner scene at the end of the b
Lainey Da Silva PA
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an Emotional roller coaster this Book takes you on! It has it all Angst, Heartbreak, Love, Lust, rejection
Talia has been dealt blow after blow in her life and her emotional self worth is non existent. Always doubting herself and never thinking she is good enough. After years of neglect and constant degrading by her mother Talia decides to leave her home land to stay with her brother in London.
What she doesn’t expect is to fall for her brothers Boss who is smart, sexy and has his eyes on Ta
Efrat Almog
Within The Pages Book Blog
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ann Walker
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy a book that you cannot put down and one that will have you on the edge of your seat as you turn the pages, then this is the book for you. I can honestly say that I could not predict this story at all and that is a huge bonus for me. I felt the angst all the way throughout the book because Talia, the lead in this book, has a history that makes her unpredictable.
Talia - what a complex character she is and I couldn't help but love her. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder I felt so much em
Misti  Long
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and sad story. Talia is a unmedicated bipolar with an eating disorder. She needs to live her life a certain way to keep herself on track. When she loves its with an all consuming passion and the more she's told no the more her demons hear yes.

Talia is definitely one of those people that is so talented but can't see it because she's so worried about what others may or may not see. The only place she feels free to speak everything she feels is behind a screen hiding from everyone.
Sharon Betts
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book! Talia is a troubled young woman, struggling with a poor self image, with bi-polar disorder. And she meets Ben. Someone that listens to her, and accepts her. But Ben has his own issues.
This is a big book - 500+ pages of Talia's thoughts and her actions -her blog with its honest and explicit words and obsessive desire to 'get her man'. I loved Ally Sky's writing from the start, when I was pulled into this story. Talia is unpredictable, and that makes for a rollercoaster read. I'v
Ana the Bookworm
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It gave me all the feels and wasn't afraid to adress topics people not often speak about.
Jo Lawless
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fair Warning. A Book Hangover is in your future. It took me a bit to get over mine. As someone that is used to dealing with the manic and depressive cycles of someone else, I was excited to read Sky's take on the romance in this. Especially since she's open and honest in her author bio about being bi-polar. She didn't disappoint. The entire book was a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Of not always rational decisions by someone that isn't always rational for a reason.

That being said, let's just s
Shelly Shimon
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a book that will sweep you off your feet and make you spend sleepless nights- Do not miss this book!!
Talia and Ben (especially Talia) will make your heart work overtime.
An exciting book You will not want to put down.
I read it several times in Hebrew and every time I couldn't leave it, as if it was the first time.
Ally, in her special writing, made me feel a whole spectrum of emotions.
This book, which for me is a masterpiece - is more than just recommended, it's a must read.
Ilor Tsabar-Stoleru
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Talia and Ben so much. The story made me some serious mood swings. I could feel Talia's pain and passion. She manage to crawl inside my heart and she will stay there for a long time.
דקלה הרשקוביץ
must

Talia and Ben are amazing,i am so connected to them, Talia's story so special, I think everyone who reads will feel her soul.
Yael
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never really read a book that was so naked & gut wrenching.
This wasn't the easiest read but it really did open my eyes to what an individual struggling with Bipolar & an eating disorder goes through. The highs & lows of just living with fairies & demons.
All while trying to have fulfilling & meaningful relationships, working at a job you love, painting & writing up a storm all while falling in love with that green eyed man who just happens to be your brothers very
Ambrosia
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know she was sick but I wish talia was stronger, less of a doormat.
Ben went too far and I'm pissed off because I feel like she's going to be the one who will have to grovel, and I'm not okay with that.
Jenara
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is very well written. it definitely kept me up at night, reading. However, the h was too annoying for my liking. she was too needy and weak.
Esti Perets
Jan 01, 2019
J. Parkins
Dec 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Ally Sky lives in a small community called kibbutz yagur, with her husband, three children and three cats.
When she turned 23 she was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and she strongly believes mental illnesses and disorders should not be kept in the dark and always hopes her openness inspires others to share and seek help if they need it.
You can follow Ally on her Facebook page at https://www.face