Start by marking “Only Bjorulf Knows (The Banner Saga)” as Want to Read:
Only Bjorulf Knows (The Banner Saga)

Only Bjorulf Knows

(The Banner Saga)

Boersgard is under siege. The dredge, an ancient race of stone-men, have returned to threaten the lands of men and the giant varl again. With food supplies dwindling, Sigbjorn is sent to obtain fresh provisions for his mercenary group.

Yet Sigbjorn has his work cut out for him. Returning empty-handed risks facing his boss’ bloody wrath. The dredge are legion, marching uncha
Published August 31st 2018 by Stoic & Thunderbird Studios

To ask other readers questions about Only Bjorulf Knows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Bjorulf Knows

Andrew Aston
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent little slice of Banner Saga, following a small group of mercenaries from the Ravens as they cross the breadbasket region of Reynivik, and face the Dredge forces that stalk it. Fadeley has a confident narrative voice, and is very good at providing the reader all the information they need to know without falling into the 'as you all know...' exposition trap a lesser writer might fall into.

Sigbjorn the Varl is easily my favourite character. Ruthless and fatalistic, but with a complex r
Manuel Mesones
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No spoilers from me. Though, I will say that if you are a fan of the Ravens this is a must read. I thoroughly enjoyed Only Bjorulf Knows, both as a Banner Saga fan and as a lover of everything related to Norse myths. The story is engaging and it let me explore more of the Banner Saga universe. Fadeley paces the story very well, the fight scenes are superb, the characters are believable and overall this novella left me greedy and wanting more!
Stoicmom
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating! A riveting follow-up to The Gift of Hadrborg. No spoilers here, but a must read in my opinion. Enjoy!!
Krzysztof
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not bad, just kind of inconsequential. The character of Sigbjorn is sketched as very chaotic here, I found it hard to put my finger on what his deal was. Everyone else exists mostly as silhouettes, other than Aron and Marteinn, who are interesting but end up being underdeveloped. Not angry that I read it, just disappointed it wasn't something more.
Cody Keisler
Phoenix
Jan 09, 2019
Daniel Misiewicz
Jan 20, 2019

The Banner Saga (2 books)
  • The Gift of Hadrborg (The Banner Saga)