Start by marking “Wooing Cadie McCaffrey” as Want to Read:

Wooing Cadie McCaffrey

After four years with her boyfriend, Cadie McCaffrey is thinking of ending things. Convinced Will doesn't love her in the "forever" way she loves him, Cadie believes it's time for her to let him go before life passes her by. When a misunderstanding leads to a mistake, leaving her hurt, disappointed, and full of regret, she finally sends him packing.

But for Will, the end of
Published May 21st 2019 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published May 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Wooing Cadie McCaffrey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wooing Cadie McCaffrey

Toni Shiloh
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bethany Turner has done it again!

She knocked it out the ball park. Seriously, I devoured the book. I was hooked from the meet-cute prologue all the way to the epilogue. Ms. Turner had my emotions on a roller coaster. I couldn’t read fast enough and not slow enough either. You know how you want to know everything at once but also want to savor every single word? Well that’s how I felt reading #WooCaM.

I highlighted my favorite passages. I messaged my reader friend who already read the book. I had
Rachel McMillan
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
reading for endorsement:

the freshest, most engaging and unique voice in contemporary romance i have discovered since Sally Thorne and Rainbow Rowell.

more to come...
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This was an interesting book in many ways! We start at the end of the relationship between Cadie and Will- with a few well-placed flashbacks to help us feel the romance of their early relationship as well as experience some critical stages of decline. They seem so in sync, yet the miscommunication of such vital topics as expectations, marriage, and the future cause a rift between them- and they think it is for different reasons. I felt so badly for Will who is pretty much blindsided by the break ...more
Deanne Patterson
This is my first read by Bethany Turner, hmmmm what rock have I been under?
I will definitely be looking up her other book now.
Cadie Feels unappreciated in her romance with Will. They have been dating for four years and there has been no proposal yet.
Men can be pretty oblivious to our needs and wants in a relationship. They think things are sailing along smoothly but we as women need more, a little hand squeeze,a quick kiss,communication and definitely a marriage proposal if we've been with you f
Sarah Monzon
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No words I could come up with as an endorsement could do this book justice. It’s a must read for everyone!
Staci
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Bethany Turner's sophomore novel is a cute rom com.

Wooing Cadie McCaffrey is light hearted on the surface but there are some heavy topics included such as dating a co-worker, breakdown in expectations and boundaries in a relationship and parental input.

What I loved most about the novel were the laughs sprinkled throughout. While I found Turner's debut to be more appealing, Wooing Cadie McCaffrey delivers enjoyment and escape.

My gratitude to publisher Revell for a complimentary copy of the novel.
Lilian
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews, owned
FTC Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Revell in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own and a positive review was not required.

What a thoroughly entertaining and unique read! I have to say--in all my years of reading, I've never read anything quite like this.

The characters, writing style, and general setting of the story are what really hit the nail on the head for me. Cadie McCaffrey, the main female character, constantly made me laugh and I definitely
Callie
May 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
I recently requested this book for review after reading the summary. I was looking for a light, fun read, and this book seemed like it might be it! I started it, and I loved it for about the first third. The characters were quirky and fun, the story was interesting. It was light and fun and exactly what I needed.

Then it all kind of fell apart for me.

I don't consider this a spoiler because it happens so early that most of the story takes place afterward, but if you want to be totally surprised y
Susan
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Bethany Turner

Wow, all I can say is, this story blew me away! Keep the tissues close by as you are reading WOOING CADIE MCCAFFREY by Bethany Turner. She will have your emotions all over the place. Once I started reading, it was very hard to stop! The twists and turns made it impossible to put down, as I had to know what was going to happen to Cadie and Will after so much heartache! Will Cadie ever be able to explain to Will how unappreciated she feels? What an awesome story
Melanie
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wooing Cadie McCaffery was a joy of a read! I didn't have high expectation when I started the book, just because the author is new to me and I didn't know if I would enjoy the writing…Once I started, though, I quickly was drawn in and loved the book.

The characters were so cute; I loved Will. The way he "wooed" Cadie was so sweet. The ending was probably my favorite part, as it was perfect and wrapped things up in the best way.

All in all, Wooing Cadie McCaffery was a great romantic comedy and, if
Fiction Aficionado
I’ve come to the conclusion that Bethany Turner could make a doctoral dissertation on the history of watching paint dry entertaining, so it’s probably not unexpected that I absolutely loved this story that had, you know, a plot and characters and everything you could possibly want in a story. Well, except dragons. #tipfornexttime

But in all seriousness, in just two books, Bethany Turner has become one of my favourite voices in contemporary Christian romance. Not only is it one of the most natural
Jacob Proffitt
$12 for the ebook, $10.39 for the paperback. Who does that?!?
A. Harrison
My Review:

My Thoughts: 35 pages and I am done. The book didn't have a filter for thinking about how she was no longer in love with her boyfriend. 😩 And they had no problems talking about when she had the, um, well, 😳😤😳 'sex talk' as a character put it with her boyfriend, another word used was 'seduction'.  I was done, the attitudes were bad enough but that was it for me. If you're all right with that kind of talk in a book go for it. I do suggest you pass this one over though.

And the cover made
Melissa
Now that was an entertaining book! This is a Christian contemporary romance, focus of the characters and the romance. This was a fun book to read. The banter and chemistry between these two was so great! This book told a great story with some really good growing and learning moments with Christianity throw in. Forgiveness and love at its best. This author did a great job of mixing all these elements into a fun believable story. I am excited to read more from this author.
Abby Breuklander
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love this story!! Love doesn't always go the way that we think or hope it will. It's messy, frustrating, and downright hard. But that's when we know that it's real, you just have to get through the rough patches for a love that lasts. It's all part of the journey that makes every love story unique! God is in the details and when He is in charge the results will always blow us away!
Nicole
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner is a breath of fresh air. I laughed, I teared up a little, I struggled some, I got frustrated, I wrestled with a couple of my own issues, and I cheered like crazy for Will and Cadie. This fabulous story had me running through the gamut of my emotions, and I enjoyed the journey immensely.

I would like to propose a subtitle for this novel. My proposed title is as follows:

WOOING CADIE MCCAFFREY; OR, WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE*
(*yes, I stole
Kailey
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Bethany Turner creates the wonderfully unique stories! Her characters are so real and face real difficulties that we would all face. Her characters are so human. I loved how they turned to God during their troubles. I really loved this book! I can’t wait to read more from Bethany Turner!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Caitlyn Santi
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, wow, WOW! I'm speechless, in the best way! This book is beyond amazing! Since finally getting around to reading The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck last year (which I LOVED by the way!) I have been eagerly anticipating Bethany Turner's next book! Needless to say my expectations were sky high, and this amazing book surpassed them all and completely raised the bar to a whole new level! I loved Cadie and Will immediately, by the time I finished the prologue I was already rooting for them with ...more
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
3.5/5 stars. Full review to come.
Melissa
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart!
Bethany Turner's sophomore offering shows that she is a force to be reckoned with in the Christian romantic comedy market. Her voice is so absolutely fresh and appealing that reading her books is an absolute delight.
That's not to say that this book doesn't deal with some tough issues, because it absolutely does. There are some serious matters that the author handles with such grace. Christian fiction books often take one of two roads--either too sickly sweet and prudish or ignoring t
Chris Jager
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful read. Laugh out loud funny mixed wonderfully with really great messages aboutGod’s love for us.
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
What can I say about this book? It's got everything. Sports fan? Check. Romcom addict? Check. Cheesy movie scenes? Check. Great group of friends? Check. Miscommunication? Big check!

Bethany Turner, in my opinion, is unbeaten in the writing of romcoms. I know, some people think that's premature because she's a newish author, but it's my opinion. I laughed, smiled, laughed, smiled, and laughed some more. You cannot be in a bad mood when reading this book. The references to chick flicks were fun to
Hayden
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Well.

This is awkward.

So...I haven't always had the best luck with contemporary Christian romances. But by Jove if every once in awhile I don't get suckered into one by a promising plotline. That happened the last time I read one of these (almost a year ago to the day, by the way) and...it all ended kind of the same way. Wooing Cadie McCaffrey had a lot of the problems that I guess I just...have with the genre in general, so maybe it can't be totally blamed for that. For instance: a large portion
Eva
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
What I was expecting (based on the cover/blurb): a sweet, fluffy, quirky contemporary romance.

What I got: a complicated, honest, heartwarming contemporary romance.

Romance isn’t one of my favorite genres but when the opportunity to review this book came up, I couldn’t pass up the cute cover and a story that centered around classic rom-coms. Only, it isn’t really? Rom-coms are definitely integral to the story, but in an almost harmful way and I much prefer the real, human side of Wooing. If that m
Jes Drew
This book was not what I expected. I went in thinking it was a rom-com. Instead, I got hit by a semi-truck of anxiety. This book was too real to life in a world of Hallmark-esque Christian fiction. But it is an important book about how even Christians mess up, and what to do when that happens. In this story, it's Will having to woo back Cadie (and me; he ticked me off so bad in the beginning). I loved the former athletes they worked with, both the boss dragged into it all kicking and screaming, ...more
Madison
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wooing Cadie McCaffrey is a humorous and refreshing novel - it’s also a lesson in miscommunication and how to complicate a relationship by NOT TALKING! So if you like rom-coms, epic romantic moments or enjoy reading a book from between your fingers due to agony from misunderstandings, then this is the book for you.

Cadie McCaffrey has been waiting for her boyfriend, Will, to propose for years. Every time she thinks he has finally decided to get down on bended knee, she is tragically disappointed.
Jaycee Weaver
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chick flicks, misunderstandings, a stubborn heroine and a fairly clueless hero trying to figure her out. What's not to love? The Queen of Christian RomCom has done it again with this latest release. I'll admit, it took me a little while to love Will. And Cadie. For a good while, I wanted to knock their heads together. But with every twist and turn and loop-de-loop of the story, I loved them both a little more. And trust me, there's a lot of that going on. Unpredictable and yet always pointing to ...more
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Let me first preface this by saying I'm not a huge fan of fluffy Hallmark romances on Netflix. I love romance books but generally want more substance. So maybe I was not the intended audience.

WOOING CADIE MCCAFFREY is the second book I read by Ms. Turner and it probably will be the last as this book was a miss (the first was too). I wanted to like it, I like chicklit, I like the humor, and I like romance. But...

First of, for some reason I couldn't care less about the characters. Then the sex i
Phyllis
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful story

I am so enamored with this story! From the first sentence, I was hooked. In fact, just reading the Prologue had me filled with so many emotions! From laughter at the meet-cute to the heart-warming way Cadie and Will fell in love so quickly. Be still my heart! I found myself both longing for (so I could know how things turned out) and dreading the ending of the book (duh! It was so wonderful to read).

Will swept Cadie off her feet both literally and figuratively as he rescued her
Becky
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Just over a year ago, I read The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck and enjoyed it ... but I didn't think it was quite as amazing as all the reviewers were saying. When I saw the buzz building for Wooing Cadie McCaffrey, I knew I wanted to read the book, but I went into it cautiously. Maybe it's the reduced expectations, but I. Loved. This. Book. Not only do the rom-com references abound, but the book also deals with issues of sin, repentance, and forgiveness in an incredibly relatable way.

This boo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bethany Turner is the director of administration for Rock Springs Church in Southwest Colorado. A former VP/operations manager of a commercial bank and a three-time cancer survivor (all before she turned 35), Bethany knows that when God has plans for your life, it doesn't matter what anyone else has to say. Because of that, she's chosen to follow his call to write. She lives with her husband and t ...more